What is Included?
- Latest Wayfire Desktop Environment, sway, weston, plain gnome-shell.
- GDM as display manager with wayfire set as the default session.
- Wifi driver for wifi Module 5.
- Linux 5.10.x with panfrost patches from chewitt and other patches from tobetter.
- Bluetooth (blueman)
- Networking with NetworkManager
- Pre-configured cpupower with known working settings.
- Yay AUR helper.
- Pamac software center.
- Use of Arc desktop theme and Papirus icon theme by default.
- Preconfigured Wayfire bindings (Press SuperKey + c to customize).
- SSH Enabled.
- Bigger and more readable tty font.
- MPV and VLC video players.
- A nice space.jpg wallpaper!
Wayfire Configuration Tool (SuperKey + c)
Wayfire Built-in applications menu
Wayfire Videos on the Developer Channel
The process of burning the image into a SD or EMMC card should be the same as with other images and is well documented in other places so I will not write about that. Besides that, the image doesn't boots from petitboot unless you have an updated petitboot installed (20200721 release or newer seems to work) and compatible display (otherwise you will get a blank screen), if not you will need to boot directly from emmc or sdcard.
Don't forget to change the default password for added security.
With latest image, after booting to the login manager wait some seconds because the system will grow the partition and setup locales.
Connect to a wifi network by opening a terminal with
CTRL + ALT + tand typing
A list of keyboard bindings can be seen by inspecting the Wayfire Config Manager which you can launch with
SuperKey + c, from the applications menu or by pressing
SuperKey + ato launch wofi (similar to dmenu but for Wayland) and typing wcm. Here is a partial bindings reference:
- SuperKey + a - open application with wofi
- SuperKey + shift + a - execute command with bemenu
- SuperKey + c - wayfire config manager
- SuperKey + e - launch file manager/explorer
- SuperKey + t - drop down terminal
- Ctrl + Alt + t - launch regular terminal
- SuperKey + w - launch firefox
- SuperKey + q - close an open application
- SuperKey + l - logout, shutdown, reboot, etc... with wlogout
- SuperKey + Numpad_# - different window positioning shortcuts that make sense
- SuperKey + ArrowKeys - Move window to different workspaces
- SuperKey + Alt + ArrowKeys - Move to different workspaces
- SuperKey + f - make window fullscreen
- SuperKey + shift + f - force scale a window into fullscreen
- SuperKey - Workspaces View
Triple A Games
sudo pacman -S openarena
sudo pacman -S cendric-git
sudo pacman -S supertux
sudo pacman -S minetest
Chromium B.S.U -
sudo pacman -S chromium-bsu
sudo yay -S neverball
sudo pacman -S teeworlds
sudo pacman -S supertuxkart
MPV with video acceleration.
sudo pacman -S kodi-wayland.
codelite IDE for C/C++, PHP, NodeJS development
sudo pacman -S codelite-git
gnome-control-center doesn't fully works under wayfire, seems like some background service needs to be running, to configure the wifi run nmtui-connect and for bluetooth use blueman.
Other Images I have Worked on
Odroid N2 ArchLinux Headless
Odroid N2 ArchLinux GNOME
Odroid N2 ArchLinux Wayfire
Odroid N2 ArchLinux XFCE
Odroid C4 ArchLinux GNOME
Odroid C4 ArchLinux XFCE
Date - 05/01/2021
* Increased xfce4 dropdown terminal width to centralize better on the screen.
* Added wl-color-picker (use Super + shift + p to launch color picker)
* Replaced wayland-logout with wlogout for the app menu logout button which offers an interface to reboot, poweroff and logout.
* Added pamac-tray to wayfire startup so pamac-manager can detect packages that need to upgrade properly
* Enabled scale (Super + s or Super + shift + s) and workspace-names plugins.
* Added updated mesa-arm-git package.
* Dropped libva-mesa-driver (now included with mesa-arm-git).
* Added binding (Super + d) for wdisplays (wdisplays may have rendering bugs on panfrost).
* Styled the wofi launcher enabling app icons, 2 columns and more padding from icon to app title.
* Styled mako desktop notifications to better match the desktop theme.
* Upgraded pamac to latest version which fixes a polkit bug.
Date - 31/12/2020
* Added support for HC4
* Includes kernel 5.10.2 with chewitt panfrost patches and tobetter patches.
* Updated wayfire to 0.6.0
* Switched from mali drivers to mesa+panfrost.
* Swapped lxterminal with xfce4-terminal when pressing
CTRL + ALT + t.
* Swapped connman to NetworkManager.
* Swapped greetd with gdm.
* Fixed applications not launching from menu because of missing dbus-session.
Super + anow launches wofi and
Super + shift + abemenu
* Improved initial setup script to not require a system reboot, so the system doesn't reboots anymore after reaching login manager.
* Updated pamac package which now includes hooks to fix appstream xml files.
* Default /boot/boot.ini now has the bootlabel set to "ArchLinux Wayfire" by the image generator.
* Use uuid on /boot/boot.ini and /etc/fstab instead of devices names to prevent possible boot issues.
* Enabled archlinuxdroid repository.
* Latest software updates.
Date - 03/06/2020
* First release
Latest Odroid C4 and HC4 image:
https://mega.nz/file/CRll2KjB#0tSyAjs-2 ... LDPKxIyvEY
Pre-built PKGBUILDs repository