What is Included?
- Latest XFCE Desktop Environment.
- 4.9.x Kernel with audio and N2+ support
- Mali GPU Kernel Driver.
- Binary FBDEV driver for Hardware Acceleration. Thanks to @tobetter for instructions
- GL4ES for OpenGL to OpenGL ES FBDEV conversion which allows many applications to run with good graphical performance. Thanks to @meveric for instructions.
- Networking with NetworkManager
- Pre-configured cpupower.
- Yay AUR helper.
- Pamac software center.
- Use of Arc desktop theme and Papirus icon theme by default.
- Preconfigured bindings that give XFCE tiling functionality (see Keyboard/Window Manager on System Settings).
- SSH Enabled.
- Bigger and more readable tty font.
- Installed archlinuxdroid-repo for easier kernel and custom package upgrades.
- Realtime privileges enabled for alarm user for pro-audio.
- A nice space.jpg wallpaper!
Software Center provided by Pamac
The process of burning the image into a SD or EMMC card should be the same as with other images and is well documented in other places so I will not write about that here.
Note: Don't forget to change the default password for added security.
With latest image, after booting to the login manager wait some seconds because the system will grow the partition, setup locales, setup the boot partition on /etc/fstab and reboot.
Note: SuperKey is also known as WinKey
SuperKey + ato open the applications menu.
SuperKey + tto drop down the terminal
SuperKey + fto go into fullscreen for applications that support it
SuperKey + qto quit/close an application
Desktop Environment Stalls/Freezes and doesn't responds to Mouse/Keyboard Input after a certain amount of idle time,
This issue is caused by latest versions of XFCE ScreenSaver and Locker system, to prevent this issue disable the ScreenSaver functionality as follows:
OpenGL application like blender does not opens
Disable GL4ES by running
sudo odroid-gl4es toggleand retry running the application.
Triple A Games
sudo pacman -S openarena
sudo pacman -S cendric-git
sudo pacman -S supertux
sudo pacman -S minetest
MPV with SDL backend (automatically selected on video playback)
For details on what tested applications support GPU Hardware Acceleration check the Archlinux: X GPU Acceleration Guide, If you test more OpenGL applications that work with GL4ES let me know to update the list.
Improving System Performance
If you want better performance try running
sudo cpupower frequency-set -g performancefrom the terminal, and to permanently set the CPU governor to performance open /etc/default/cpupower and change the line that reads:
Code: Select all
Code: Select all
sudo systemctl restart cpupowerto apply the changes immediately.
Other Images I have Worked on
Odroid N2 ArchLinux GNOME
Odroid N2 ArchLinux Wayfire
Odroid N2 ArchLinux XFCE
Odroid C4 ArchLinux GNOME
Odroid C4 ArchLinux Wayfire
Date - 23/10/2020
* Changed kernel name from linux-odroid-c4 to linux-odroid-g12 in an effort to unify kernel builds for N2 and C4,
* Added custom repository for easy software updates.
* Improved uboot-odroid-c4 to generate proper boot.ini if changing from 4.9 kernel to 5.x.
* Added newer odroid-c4-libgl-fb package that can coexist with odroid-c4-libgl-wl package. Also both packages include a helper script (odroid-mali-wl, odroid-mali-fb) to run applications with that specific libMali version. Run odroid-mali-wl or odroid-mali-fb for usage instructions.
* Updated odroid-gl4es package that includes tool that can be used to enable/disable it as to run applications with gl4es even if disabled, for usage run
* Latest software updates.
Date - 24/08/2020
* Updated kernel to 4.9.230 kernel which has updated wifi module driver.
- Set kernel timer frequency to 1000hz.
- Enabled Automatic process group scheduling
- Disabled NSA SELinux
- Disabled integrity subsystem
* Added odroid-alsa package.
* Added automatic resizing of system partition, generation of locales and setup of /etc/fstab
* Fixed booting from emmc module when sdcard is not present by properly setting up /etc/fstab
* Added newer pamac-aur, xfce4-places-plugin, xfce4-docklike-plugin-git.
* Updated odroid-gl4es and added shell script to easily disable/enable it (run odroid-gl4es for usage info).
* Added realtime privileges to alarm user for pro-audio.
Date - 20/05/2020
* First release
https://mega.nz/file/XBNWXD5L#2Lsy8inDv ... CY5vleI2AE
Pre-built PKGBUILDs to update older image kernel, etc...