many (especially graphic) bugs in Ubuntu 22.04

att2
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: Odroid C2, Odroid C4 Also : Bananapi, Orangepi, Raspi3

many (especially graphic) bugs in Ubuntu 22.04

Post by att2 »

Hello,
I have an Odroid C4 and I installed the latest version of Ubuntu 22.04 from http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/images/ra ... 531.img.xz
So far I am experiencing many inconveniences and bugs.
The first thing is, the image is getting larger and larger, the system more bloated. To boot into text mode takes 15 seconds, after installing "xfce" as GUI, booting takes 35 seconds. The whole system takes almost 5GB on the eMMC storage, despite the only thing installed was "tasksel" and the xfce gui. I haven't even set any locales yet, etc.

Connected to my Odroid C4 is a Waveshare 10.1" touch screen at 1024x600 resolution. The first 20 screen lines are hanging down, their color depends on a spot at the left/down border - the spot on this photo is where the mouse cursor is :

The next graphical bug appeared when logging out by clicking on the up/rightmost button. The "logout" window which appears, somehow vanished behind the currently open terminal window, but when you place the mouse cursor over the vanished area, it partially reappears. Needless to say this looks absolutely terrible, as if the graphic driver was done by some total amateur.

Here is a 1 min video so you can see that latter bug in action : https://filehorst.de/d/eDEJjddh

Do you have any suggestions of how to remove these bugs and how to make booting faster ?

rooted
languages_spoken: english

Re: many (especially graphic) bugs in Ubuntu 22.04

Post by rooted »

As far as bloat goes you could start with a minimal image and install what you need

att2
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: Odroid C2, Odroid C4 Also : Bananapi, Orangepi, Raspi3

Post by att2 »

@rooted : I did, and it still was several gigabytes. Since I only use a 8GB eMMC card, I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable.

rooted
languages_spoken: english

Post by rooted »

att2 wrote:@rooted : I did, and it still was several gigabytes. Since I only use a 8GB eMMC card, I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable.
I viewed your post with Tapatalk and it cut off the URL, I see it was the server image now sorry about that.

Return to “Ubuntu”