Details about the new H4 case?

buedi
languages_spoken: english
Been thanked: 0

Details about the new H4 case?

Post by buedi »

I am about to pull the trigger to buy a new Mini PC to serve as my OPNsense platform. I was looking at the H4+ and the specs look very interesting, but I am not a fan of the current available cases. I have seen that a Gamecube style case for the H4 series is announced, but I could not find details what the specs are. I would like to know what will fit inside and I might wait a bit if it fits my needs. Since my Firewall died, I do not want to wait for too long and I would have chosen one of the many devices out there fitting my needs, but the H4+ looks very tempting, especially in the power consumption department :-)

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Details about the new H4 case?

Post by odroid »

The new GC-style case is scheduled to go on sale in about four weeks.
Inside the case, there is space to install an H4 series board, a Net Card, a cooling fan and two 2.5" SATA storage devices.
These users thanked the author odroid for the post (total 2):
FrederickZh (Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:08 am) • Haku (Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:45 am)

buedi
languages_spoken: english
Been thanked: 0

Post by buedi »

Oooooh, that´s sweet! This is better than I hoped and ticks all the boxes I did not even dared to check.
My initial plan was to get an H4+ and the Netboard (I plan to use it with OPNsense), but then the mSATA / NVme slot is occupied by the Net Card. And when using the Netcard + SATA storage, that would have meant an even bigger case in a formfactor that I am not a fan of ;-)
But the GC-style case will house everything I wanted to have, so I will kick the other stuff out of my shopping basket for now and will be patient for another 4 weeks.

I really was on the fence about to order something else, but I really love how you nerd out on the descriptions of the H4 board. There is so much valuable information in your product descriptions, which is very reassuring that you love what you do and that customers will receive a great product. Totally different to many offers of Mini PCs or Single board computers which have a title + a price and no description at all.

Edit: There is no chance for teaser pics before it goes on sale? :oops:

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Post by odroid »

The second injection molded case samples are scheduled to be ready in about 10 days. I will share the photos then.
These users thanked the author odroid for the post (total 3):
buedi (Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:25 pm) • FrederickZh (Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:23 am) • Haku (Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:45 am)

Return to “General Topics”