C4 is the replacement for C2?

cake
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

C4 is the replacement for C2?

Post by cake »

I'm disappointed that it has a barrel plug for power. I parked my C2 in a data center years ago, it almost has 2 years of uptime and it runs many things that I rely on. I was able to co-locate cheaply because it uses as much power as a raspi, similar size and only needed micro-usb cable to power it.

oh well

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4 (HC1, HC2), C1+, C2, C4 (HC4), N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance, M1

Re: C4 is the replacement for C2?

Post by mad_ady »

Yeah, it needs more power than the c2, especially if you use the usb3 ports. I think 5.5V is the lowest you can go. I haven't seen people powering it via the gpio header...

mctom
languages_spoken: english, polish
ODROIDs: OGA, XU4, C2, M1

Post by mctom »

I think I do remember people claiming C4 does work powered off GPIO, and my rant why that is a terrible idea. So bad I wouldn't do that myself...

I prefer universal power inputs with wide voltage range instead of micro USB. It's a matter of taste, I guess.
Punk ain't no religious cult, punk means thinking for yourself!

Maintainer of PiStackMon

hfs
ODROIDs: x2

Post by hfs »

This post was quite an eye-opener for me. I had no idea such services were available. So, even a grumpy complaint can be helpful. Thank you!

cake
Been thanked: 0

Post by cake »

hfs wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:57 pm
This post was quite an eye-opener for me. I had no idea such services were available. So, even a grumpy complaint can be helpful. Thank you!
Welcome, if you plan to go down this route, its a bit hard to set up- full encryption.
Here is a thread that got me some of the way viewtopic.php?t=20972 , there is a few problems with that tutorial but was able to figure it out.
I think I pay equivalent of around 50-70 usd a year. 100M full duplex connection, public IP address V4, plus the guy working there will reboot your machine if you need it. With that C2 you can also glue in a bunch (4) of short thumb drives for a rather large file depot. :-)

Return to “General Topics”