SELinux: Could not open policy file <= /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.33: No such file

norrin
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: hc4, n2, xu4, c2
Been thanked: 0

SELinux: Could not open policy file <= /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.33: No such file

Post by norrin »

Hi,
after i successfully installed debian buster and omv5 and a few dockers, i used the "reboot" from omv-web-ui for the first time.
Usually i used to reboot by ssh and that worked without issues.
Now, after the web-ui-reboot the HC4 seemed "almost dead".
The router recognizes a "PC" with the usual IP, but no web-UI and a connection by ssh is not possible.

EDIT:
After i pluged the HC4 to a monitor and keyboard, i could repair the network with omv-firstaid.
Not i can ssh and connect to the web-ui.
But there is still this error while booting:
In /etc/SELinux there is only one file: semanage.conf
Is this "normal"?

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: SELinux: Could not open policy file <= /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.33: No such file

Post by odroid »

There are a few Debian Buster images as far as I know.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=40761
viewtopic.php?f=203&t=38729
viewtopic.php?f=203&t=38627

Which OS image did you install?

norrin

Re: SELinux: Could not open policy file <= /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.33: No such file

Post by norrin »

Hi,
installed the debian buster which is "offered" by petitboot (netboot).

Linux version 5.11.0-odroid-arm64 (tobetter@gmail.com) (gcc-8 (Debian 8.3.0-6) 8.3.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.31.1) #1 SMP PREEMPT Debian 5.11.18-202105111802~buster (2021-05-11)

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Post by odroid »

I think you are running @tobetter's image in the first link. He will find this topic soon probably.

igorpec
languages_spoken: english,german,slovene
ODROIDs: XU4, HC1, C2, C1+

Post by igorpec »

norrin wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:52 pm
after i successfully installed debian buster and omv5 and a few dockers, i used the "reboot" from omv-web-ui for the first time.
As Odroid already pointed out - there are more Debian Busters (none is original/official). One is the one provided by them / vendor (tobetter) and you have troubles with, then there is another community maintained Debian Buster for Odroid, probably some more ... and there is Armbian Buster, which happens to be recommended as a base for OMV install:

"On ARM devices check if there’s an appropriate Armbian Buster (Debian 10) image available"
https://openmediavault.readthedocs.io/e ... ebian.html

This doesn't mean Armbian is bug free or generally better. No, all have troubles here and there and there are advantages and disadvantages of running this or another. You need to check deeply or just go with the flow and deal with troubles when they appear ...
ARMBIAN
Linux for ARM development boards
What is Armbian?

tobetter
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: Many

Post by tobetter »

norrin wrote:
Hi,
The router recognizes a "PC" with the usual IP, but no web-UI and a connection by ssh is not possible.
Do you have the same error all the time? Have you tried reboot from omv-web-ui after OMV5 installed but none dockers are installed?
EDIT:
After i pluged the HC4 to a monitor and keyboard, i could repair the network with omv-firstaid.
Is this "normal"?
This is normal, it's annonying error log. As long as you do not set or use SELinux, you can ignore the log.

norrin

Post by norrin »

tobetter wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:49 pm
norrin wrote:
Hi,
Do you have the same error all the time? Have you tried reboot from omv-web-ui after OMV5 installed but none dockers are installed?
EDIT:
Is this "normal"?
This is normal, it's annonying error log. As long as you do not set or use SELinux, you can ignore the log.
Ok, so everything seems fine now.
Had this error only one time and now i know how to solve this (if this comes again).

Thank you

Return to “General Topics”