Atari 5200 on EmuElec

Post Reply
Eyeball37
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:58 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Go Advance
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Contact:

Atari 5200 on EmuElec

Post by Eyeball37 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:55 pm

Thought id try posting this here so it doesn’t get swamped and lost in projects post 😉

Has anybody managed to get the Atari 5200 console working on EmuElec?

It just kicks me back to the home screen on every game.

Ive tried the last two versions, and both do the same. I’ve also tried a different Atari800.cfg, with no success.

This is a console close to my heart, and I’d love to get this working on this build.

Can anybody please help?

fasthagar
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:57 pm
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID Go Advance
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Atari 5200 on EmuElec

Post by fasthagar » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:08 pm

I have this strange behaviour on Batocera too (not only on OGA) - here, strangely, continuously pressing the B button during boot helps, maybe in your OS too, or pressing other buttons? Good luck^^

Eyeball37
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:58 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Go Advance
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Contact:

Re: Atari 5200 on EmuElec

Post by Eyeball37 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:15 pm

fasthagar wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:08 pm
I have this strange behaviour on Batocera too (not only on OGA) - here, strangely, continuously pressing the B button during boot helps, maybe in your OS too, or pressing other buttons? Good luck^^
It’s good to know I’m not alone.

Occasionally on first boot of the console, the first game I try loads with bad sound, playable but slow. However upon exiting I am then unable to load any game including the one that initially loaded.

Yesterday when I first spotted the issue, I was trying button presses and managed to open another game with the same issues as above.

I’ve since been unable to replicate the button presses, so have ruled this out as a fix.

I have tried the following with no success,

1. Change to an earlier release OS
2. Try earlier release config files in newer release runemu, systems, getcores
3. Change Atari800.cfg file to that shown as working on retropie forums (I know different OS, but nothing to lose)
4. Completely reflash image
5. Try different bios files

Another thing I have noticed is that the initial load screen was taking far longer to get system info than the normally quick boot that it had been doing. (I don’t know if this is related?)

Another issue I’ve thought of, is where I’ve just been writing new images to this card and relying solely on balena etcher to format before the image gets flashed.

It could be possible that this hasn’t worked as is meant to and has confused the partitions from the new image.

So I’ve now completely formatted the card myself and will try one last Emuelec flash of latest version.

If this doesn’t work, I’m moving on to another image, as the Atari systems are important to me, and whilst other images don’t have as much options available right now, at least I’ll be able to play my favourite retro games.

I know that they definately work in retroarena, and with the upcoming new release inc retroarch, will bring it close to what I was needing from emuelec anyhow.

Thanks to your reply I will skip testing batocera as you say the same issue occurs.

My struggle continues 🤬

Post Reply

Return to “Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests