Third party OS images and hardware mods
southoz
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Super

Re: RetroOZ WIP

Post by southoz »

CountBuggula wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:07 am
Thanks, I'll check that out. I did get all the prerequisites installed on my OGS and tried building but it errored out so I'm working with the skyscraper dev to figure that out. I'm struggling to get a cross-compile environment set up so if you already have that and get to it before me, awesome, otherwise hopefully I'll get the local build figured out.
I've contributed to screenscraper.fr and have access to extra cores and query limits.
The batoecera shader seemed to work well enough without slowdown with NES and SNES games, which is where I most notice the difference. I can turn it off on consoles like NDS if needed. If you have trouble finding that shader, the super2xsal shader I've always found to have good results and is light on performance impact. If you tell me where to put the shaders, I'm happy to do it myself too.
Also, where can I turn on or off bezels? I've been looking for a config file or something but haven't found it yet.
Confirming its the xbr folder that has the shaders you want?

Christian has a prebuilt chroot image with a 32bit arm environment https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php ... 85#p306185 I had to update the libgo2 https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/libgo2 as the version is out of date. You should be able to manually insert the libraries you need into the /mnt/data/armhf/usr/lib directory.

To edit the bezels push start and X then go down to overlays.

NDS is using the drastic standalone emulator due to performance issues with retroarch.
These users thanked the author southoz for the post:
CountBuggula (Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:37 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.40
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/Y242GCzB#4FZNLnKyV ... F7HSa3jR2M
Onedrive - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag5nl1V4mxXqhMAGXUU ... A?e=szqVNa

- ogage for global hotkeys to control brightness, volume, sleep, performance and wifi.
- mupen64plus core for retroarch and retrorun (testing has shown limited compatibility)
- password change script fix

1. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.
2. Restart Emulation Station or Reboot
3. From Ports Select UPDATE-WIP-0.40. System Will Restart
CountBuggula (Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:20 pm)

Mindbear

Post by Mindbear »

Thanks for the Update!

I‘ve tested the new mupen64 Core with retrorun and some games... the Performance is amazing! Donkey Kong 64 runs very good with minor graphical glitches. Same with Banjo Kazooie! I‘m really impressed! 😊

Edit: some Games like F-Zero doesnt Start with the new Core. But the Games that are working are amazing performance wise.

CountBuggula
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: U3, C2, N2+, XU4, OGS

Post by CountBuggula »

Ok turns out the compile was failing because I was trying to use all the cores and it was running out of RAM. Building on a single thread fixed it. I've pulled the binary out and was going to include a deb for install but ran into issues. I had to uninstall libmali-rk-bifrost-g31-rxp0-wayland-gbm in order to install the prerequisites to build, so I wanted to make sure and put this somewhere where I can get to it again easily after re-imaging, and hopefully help some others too who might want it. I'll probably include a new version that already has a config file populated with the proper locations for RetroOS roms, but my usb wifi keeps dropping connections and it's making me crazy so I'm done fiddling with this until I can get a new USB wifi tomorrow. Please let me know if this is broken - I'm pretty sure I included all the bits required but I've been known to make mistakes before.
https://countbuggula.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/skyscraper.7z

southoz

Post by southoz »

Mindbear wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:48 am
Thanks for the Update!

I‘ve tested the new mupen64 Core with retrorun and some games... the Performance is amazing! Donkey Kong 64 runs very good with minor graphical glitches. Same with Banjo Kazooie! I‘m really impressed! 😊

Edit: some Games like F-Zero doesnt Start with the new Core. But the Games that are working are amazing performance wise.
Yes I had the same issue with compatibility and was 50/50 on including it. Retrorun will always use the core default control mapping and anyone who has ever used an N64 controller knows that its not practical using the Left Trigger when using the analogue stick so I want to swap the Left Trigger and Left Sholder mapping in the code and use a standalone version for the muppen core.
CountBuggula wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:25 am
Ok turns out the compile was failing because I was trying to use all the cores and it was running out of RAM. Building on a single thread fixed it. I've pulled the binary out and was going to include a deb for install but ran into issues. I had to uninstall libmali-rk-bifrost-g31-rxp0-wayland-gbm in order to install the prerequisites to build, so I wanted to make sure and put this somewhere where I can get to it again easily after re-imaging, and hopefully help some others too who might want it. I'll probably include a new version that already has a config file populated with the proper locations for RetroOS roms, but my usb wifi keeps dropping connections and it's making me crazy so I'm done fiddling with this until I can get a new USB wifi tomorrow. Please let me know if this is broken - I'm pretty sure I included all the bits required but I've been known to make mistakes before.
https://countbuggula.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/skyscraper.7z
If you are compiling directly on the OGS I would recommend creating a 1GB swap disk https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-add-sw ... ntu-18-04/

I am keeping the bifrost driver in line with ArkOS and the latest Hardkernel Kernel which involves a bit of a process.

1. If you look at the Emulationstation build process https://github.com/southoz/EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs it shows how to manually force the dependencies that fail to install and then overwrite with the correct version.
2. Then untar https://mega.nz/file/9zQXXSYb#0SkrI2_T- ... stQifNU0oA

I will have a play with the skyscraper package when I get a chance, I can run it from the options category or possibly add a shell script execution to the main GUI routine.

Was the xbr folder the correct shaders folder?

CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

southoz wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:36 am
If you are compiling directly on the OGS I would recommend creating a 1GB swap disk https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-add-sw ... ntu-18-04/
Ahh, didn't know there wasn't any swap on this, thanks I'll do that in the future.
I am keeping the bifrost driver in line with ArkOS and the latest Hardkernel Kernel which involves a bit of a process.

1. If you look at the Emulationstation build process https://github.com/southoz/EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs it shows how to manually force the dependencies that fail to install and then overwrite with the correct version.
2. Then untar https://mega.nz/file/9zQXXSYb#0SkrI2_T- ... stQifNU0oA
I only removed the bifrost driver because I forgot you could force the packages to install (silly me...I do linux for a living but mostly Redhat so I easily forget all the ubuntu tricks!). That will save me quite a bit of work and trouble next time, thank you!
I will have a play with the skyscraper package when I get a chance, I can run it from the options category or possibly add a shell script execution to the main GUI routine.
You might borrow the script that RetroPie uses for it - they did a good job of integrating it into their setup menu and making it easier for non-command-line users. Unfortunately I think Skyscraper needs Emulationstation to not be running when it does it's thing. So we need a way to exit ES without it starting right back up again.
Was the xbr folder the correct shaders folder?
I haven't checked yet - I got fed up with my crappy wifi dongle so I'm just gonna leave it alone until tomorrow when I'll have a new one.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Make sure everyone checks out Russ's latest video on Hardware Mods for the OGS - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwRuOzfZ9qo

Hardkernel has made some changes to the Kernel:
  • Regression of the video driver from the broken Vulkan Support release
  • Inclusion of the Sony HID driver for PS3 and PS4 Bluetooth joystick

Code: Select all

odroid@retrooz:/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0$ /usr/local/bin/perfmax none
odroid@retrooz:/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0$ sudo cat cpuinfo_cur_freq
odroid@retrooz:/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0$ lscpu
Architecture:        aarch64
CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:          Little Endian
CPU(s):              4
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-3
Thread(s) per core:  1
Core(s) per socket:  4
Socket(s):           1
Vendor ID:           ARM
Model:               2
Model name:          Cortex-A35
Stepping:            r0p2
CPU max MHz:         1512.0000
CPU min MHz:         408.0000
BogoMIPS:            48.00
Flags:               fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
Testing @ 1512 so far has shown:
  • No crashes (I suspect that it is silicon dependant).
  • Drastic performance has improved.
  • PPSSPP has small improvements after the game has cached shaders.
  • Mupen64Plus had no discernable improvements.
  • Retrorun Saturn has improved performance
Last edited by southoz on Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.41
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/I24gxSJT#rvRgfDgZ_ ... 71CY16w8OM - Default CPU Frequency
Onedrive - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag5nl1V4mxXqhMBP3yg ... w?e=2GolO5 - Default CPU Frequency

- Updated Kernel with CPU max Frequency 1512MHz and increased wireless support.

1. (Optional but recommended) SSH and update apt cache then upgrade installed packages - sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
2. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.
3. Restart Emulation Station or Reboot
4. From Ports Select UPDATE-WIP-0.41 System Will Restart

The Max CPU value change may prevent booting, causes crashes during gameplay or corrupt your SDCard .

To adjust the values within Windows edit the boot.ini file in the BOOT partition and change the value of max_cpufreq=1296 to one of the following:

1296 1368 1416 1440 1464 1488 1512
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (30.82 KiB) Viewed 15535 times

# Boot Arguments
setenv bootargs "root=UUID='e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859' rootwait rw fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 fbcon=rotate:3 console=/dev/ttyFIQ0 quiet splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles consoleblank=0 max_cpufreq=1296"
Last edited by southoz on Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Shoesy (Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:53 pm)

CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

southoz wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:36 am
Dangit, I quickly ran out of space in my root partition (6GB) when I did this. Oops. I'm going to leave the swap partition off for now, but you might consider leaving a bit more space when you do the partition resize for the /roms partition.

southoz

Post by southoz »

CountBuggula wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:12 am
Dangit, I quickly ran out of space in my root partition (6GB) when I did this. Oops. I'm going to leave the swap partition off for now, but you might consider leaving a bit more space when you do the partition resize for the /roms partition.
The card partitions are good balance for normal users that would want more space on the FAT32 card for ROMS yet still have room for updates, expansion, logging and caches within the root partition.

For development I have 20GB on a 64GB SDCard, use Gparted to resize then move the FAT partition and resize the EXT partition.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (59.44 KiB) Viewed 15697 times
CountBuggula (Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:56 am)

jimfaker
languages_spoken: english, spanish, french
ODROIDs: Go, and Advanced

Post by jimfaker »

Hi!

With the last update when restarting, I'm stuck in the Moonlight Game Streaming with the ES image...doesn't move from here...any solution to bypass that?
Thanks!

Mindbear

Post by Mindbear »

jimfaker wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:52 pm
Hi!

With the last update when restarting, I'm stuck in the Moonlight Game Streaming with the ES image...doesn't move from here...any solution to bypass that?
Thanks!
I had similar problems. Try to downclock your OGS. Mine was super unstable at 1512 MHZ. With 1440 MHZ its running fine.
These users thanked the author Mindbear for the post:
jimfaker (Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:51 am)

jimfaker

Post by jimfaker »

Mindbear wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:54 am
jimfaker wrote:
Hi!

Thanks!
I had similar problems. Try to downclock your OGS. Mine was super unstable at 1512 MHZ. With 1440 MHZ its running fine.
Yes I tried until I put 1440 and then it stopped at Favorites...so I had to put 1416 to go further and now it's working, thanks!

jimfaker

Post by jimfaker »

Hi!

How do I do to make Half Life work? I just installed my version of steam and copied over the folder valve and copied the files from the "Copy Contents into valve folder.zip" and when I launch it, I got this:

I can't start a new game, I miss something to copy over or do later?

Thanks!

southoz

Post by southoz »

jimfaker wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:57 am
Mindbear wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:54 am
jimfaker wrote:
Hi!

Thanks!
Yes I tried until I put 1440 and then it stopped at Favorites...so I had to put 1416 to go further and now it's working, thanks!
I will change the default value back to 1296 in the next full image due to the boot issues and will update the script to change it back for the update. Sorry for the hassle, guess I was lucky with the silicon. It is a shame as I have been testing 2D Saturn games like Guardian Heroes and Radiant SilverGun with an updated version of retrorun32 and they have been quite playable at 1512MHz.
jimfaker (Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:55 pm)

southoz

Post by southoz »

jimfaker wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:19 am
Hi!

How do I do to make Half Life work? I just installed my version of steam and copied over the folder valve and copied the files from the "Copy Contents into valve folder.zip" and when I launch it, I got this:

Thanks!
It looks different to the start screen I have. I am still having issues when going into the change rooms with the game crashing.
20210412_082932.jpg
20210412_082932.jpg (99.64 KiB) Viewed 15541 times

CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

Ok I've managed to get Skyscraper mostly working but in order for it to do the final step and generate gamelists, it needs emulationstation to not be running, and when I exit ES or kill its process or shell script, it just automatically reloads. Is there a service or setting I should be looking for to turn it off?
jimfaker wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:19 am
Hi!

Thanks!
I get the same looking screen after copying the valve folder over and then overwriting with the valve.zip contents. No way to start a game.
southoz wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:10 am
To edit the bezels push start and X then go down to overlays.
Pushing start and then X doesn't do anything for me. I've looked through all the sub-menus and don't see anything named "overlays".

mharper13
ODROIDs: odroid go super

Post by mharper13 »

how do i go back to .40 distro instead of .41 after updating? found that some ports like Doom have stopped working even when changing the cpu speed kind of bummed

mharper13

Post by mharper13 »

.41 has caused a lot of problems for me, wifi is broken now, doom ports stopped working

southoz

Post by southoz »

mharper13 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:55 am
.41 has caused a lot of problems for me, wifi is broken now, doom ports stopped working
Just tested Doom and COD Brutal Doom on 0.41 and had no issues with loading and playing out the first level.

It is possible the root partition on your SDCard was corrupted, I am uploading a version with the CPU defaulted to 1296MHz and suggest backing up the ROMs partition and reflashing the updated version.

https://mega.nz/file/IjpkkKwT#xIg5zdAoK ... p4k9bP2-zk
Last edited by southoz on Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southoz

Post by southoz »

CountBuggula wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:41 am
Ok I've managed to get Skyscraper mostly working but in order for it to do the final step and generate gamelists, it needs emulationstation to not be running, and when I exit ES or kill its process or shell script, it just automatically reloads. Is there a service or setting I should be looking for to turn it off?
Yes, emulationstation is running as a boot service.

sudo systemctl disable emulationstation
sudo systemctl stop emulationstation
CountBuggula wrote:
I get the same looking screen after copying the valve folder over and then overwriting with the valve.zip contents. No way to start a game.
There is a slight variation between ArkOS and the RetroOZ base folder structure, delete the valve folder in /roms/ports/Half-Life, copy the valve folder from your distro and the copy the zip file into the valve folder.

odroid@retrooz:/roms/ports/Half-Life$ ls -a -l
total 26916
drwxrwxrwx  3 root root     4096 Mar 23 05:29  .
drwxrwxrwx 25 root root     4096 Apr 11 23:23  ..
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root  2913240 Feb 20 10:56  client_arm64.so
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root 10698138 Mar 21 18:31 'Copy Contents into valve folder.zip'
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root 11120968 Feb 20 10:56  hl_arm64.so
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root   853208 Feb 20 10:56  libxashmenu64.so
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root  1904048 Feb 20 10:56  libxash.so
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root     4096 Apr 12 09:26  valve
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root    14440 Feb 20 10:56  xash3d
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root    32551 Feb 20 10:56  XASH3D_LICENSE
CountBuggula wrote:
Pushing start and then X doesn't do anything for me. I've looked through all the sub-menus and don't see anything named "overlays".
This feature is only available in Retroarch and Retroarch 32 bit, if you are using retrorun, drastic, mupen64plus or ppsspp there is no support.

The keys to enter the "Quick Menu" are SDL 12 and SDL 2 - See page 2 - download/file.php?id=13953

Scroll Down to "On-Screen Overlay"

Select Bezel by changing "Overlay Preset"
CountBuggula (Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:05 pm)

CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

southoz wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:38 pm
CountBuggula wrote:
This feature is only available in Retroarch and Retroarch 32 bit, if you are using retrorun, drastic, mupen64plus or ppsspp there is no support.

The keys to enter the "Quick Menu" are SDL 12 and SDL 2 - See page 2 - download/file.php?id=13953

Scroll Down to "On-Screen Overlay"

Select Bezel by changing "Overlay Preset"
Oooooh, you mean while in game, not from the ES menu! Ok thanks, I got it now.

mephisto42
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mephisto42 »

thanks for your work, I going to try the new WIP
Last edited by mephisto42 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

Christian_Haitian
ODROIDs: Go, Go Advance

Post by Christian_Haitian »

Good Morning,

The Emulationstation-fcamod you forked from me will need to be updated soon so that screenscraping continues to work. The original creator reached out to me because screenscraper is using the batocera devid and it needs to be changed to our own dev ids or we'll lose access to screenscraper. I've put in my request for ArkOS wtih screenscraper. You'll need to do the same for RetroOZ.

You can put in a dev ID request with screenscraper in their forum here: https://www.screenscraper.fr/forumsujet ... &numpage=0

Per f.caruso:
You'll have to inject 3 values with cmake : SCREENSCRAPER_DEV_LOGIN, GAMESDB_APIKEY and CHEEVOS_DEV_LOGIN
and you can also inject SCREENSCRAPER_SOFTNAME="351ElecEmulationStation" so that screenscraper can provide your own stats for your version
Values should have this form :
SCREENSCRAPER_DEV_LOGIN="devid=<yourdevid>&devpassword=<yourdevpass>"
GAMESDB_APIKEY="<yourapikey>"
CHEEVOS_DEV_LOGIN="z=<yourusername>&y=<yourapikey>"
you can inject it to cmake using -D
These users thanked the author Christian_Haitian for the post (total 2):
CountBuggula (Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:39 am) • southoz (Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:10 pm)
A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one

jimfaker

Post by jimfaker »

southoz wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:38 pm
CountBuggula wrote:
There is a slight variation between ArkOS and the RetroOZ base folder structure, delete the valve folder in /roms/ports/Half-Life, copy the valve folder from your distro and the copy the zip file into the valve folder.

odroid@retrooz:/roms/ports/Half-Life$ ls -a -l
total 26916
drwxrwxrwx  3 root root     4096 Mar 23 05:29  .
drwxrwxrwx 25 root root     4096 Apr 11 23:23  ..
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root  2913240 Feb 20 10:56  client_arm64.so
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root 10698138 Mar 21 18:31 'Copy Contents into valve folder.zip'
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root 11120968 Feb 20 10:56  hl_arm64.so
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root   853208 Feb 20 10:56  libxashmenu64.so
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root  1904048 Feb 20 10:56  libxash.so
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root     4096 Apr 12 09:26  valve
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root    14440 Feb 20 10:56  xash3d
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root    32551 Feb 20 10:56  XASH3D_LICENSE
Ok I just did and now it works! I can start a new game :)
Thanks!

And another thing, in Solarus, someone try Yarntown? It's a bit sluggish or it's my game? Just after the first door, in the city.

CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

Is ES using a different location for gamelist.xml files than the rom folder? I notice in particular that the ports list in ES doesn't even remotely match my /roms/ports/gamelist.xml file.

edit: Never mind, I somehow managed to screw it up myself. Nothing to see here, move along.

CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

Has anyone gotten SM64 port to build? I tried with https://github.com/sm64-port/sm64-port this fork and got the following errors:

echo >> build/us_pc/sound/sound_data.tbl.inc.c
as -I include -I build/us_pc --defsym VERSION_US=1 -MD build/us_pc/sound/sequences/00_sound_player.d -o build/us_pc/sound/sequences/00_sound_player.o sound/sequences/00_sound_player.s
sound/sequences/00_sound_player.s: Assembler messages:
sound/sequences/00_sound_player.s:87: Error: too many positional arguments
make: *** [Makefile:796: build/us_pc/sound/sequences/00_sound_player.o] Error 1

southoz

Post by southoz »

Use the ArkOS RG351 build from Russ's video _ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w5PSw19_SEo

Any port you want to use needs to be rewritten to support the OGA SDL implementation. This is probably the biggest gap that needs filling as hacking around in code is significantly different to rewriting the hardware support routines. OtherCrashOveride has released example code in his github if you are up for the challenge.

CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

southoz wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:04 am
Use the ArkOS RG351 build from Russ's video _ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w5PSw19_SEo

Any port you want to use needs to be rewritten to support the OGA SDL implementation. This is probably the biggest gap that needs filling as hacking around in code is significantly different to rewriting the hardware support routines. OtherCrashOveride has released example code in his github if you are up for the challenge.
Ah, thanks that's good to know.

edit: Sweet, got it working. Thanks for the tip.

lsdbeyond

Post by lsdbeyond »

Is there a known upper limit to what card can be used with RetroOz? I tried to use on a 512 gb sandisk and the card would refuse to move to the expand the partition option. On a 128gb card i had no problem.

geezer500

Post by geezer500 »

lsdbeyond wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:21 am
Is there a known upper limit to what card can be used with RetroOz? I tried to use on a 512 gb sandisk and the card would refuse to move to the expand the partition option. On a 128gb card i had no problem.
You could try imaging the 128gb (after 1st boot) card (with) the partition already expanded.
Then copy that image to the 512gb and use something like gParted to expand the partition manually before you put into the OGA/OGS.
Might work!
These users thanked the author geezer500 for the post (total 2):
lsdbeyond (Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:54 am) • southoz (Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:56 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

lsdbeyond wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:21 am
I use a Sandisk Ultra 400Mbps card for my daily driver with the only observed issue is that it sometimes freezes for 10 to 15 seconds after boot. During the first boot, it expanded without an issue but it took a while and fatresize does not provide any context while expanding. There is nothing noted in the fatresize manual about limitations.

I doubt its a filesystem limitation as I have used 4TB HDD with FAT32 LBA on my PS3.
geezer500 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:56 am
You could try imaging the 128gb (after 1st boot) card (with) the partition already expanded.
Then copy that image to the 512gb and use something like gParted to expand the partition manually before you put into the OGA/OGS.
Might work!
Sounds like a good approach.
lsdbeyond (Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:54 am)

mharper13

Post by mharper13 »

so i noticed the wifi card i have been using since .32 was working fine but after about .34 update it brakes, but using the wifi adapter that came with my rg351p works okay, tried .41 fresh and still the edimax wifi wont work but if i install fresh .32 it works fine up until i update, one by one til .34, which updates a lot of wireless things,

!!update did fresh install of .41, noticed the light on the adapter stays lit now constantly but it does work my bad im just use to it flashing and showing activity when in use, thanks for all your work.

Christian_Haitian

Christian_Haitian wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:30 pm
Good Morning,

The Emulationstation-fcamod you forked from me will need to be updated soon so that screenscraping continues to work. The original creator reached out to me because screenscraper is using the batocera devid and it needs to be changed to our own dev ids or we'll lose access to screenscraper. I've put in my request for ArkOS wtih screenscraper. You'll need to do the same for RetroOZ.

You can put in a dev ID request with screenscraper in their forum here: https://www.screenscraper.fr/forumsujet ... &numpage=0

Per f.caruso:
You'll have to inject 3 values with cmake : SCREENSCRAPER_DEV_LOGIN, GAMESDB_APIKEY and CHEEVOS_DEV_LOGIN
and you can also inject SCREENSCRAPER_SOFTNAME="351ElecEmulationStation" so that screenscraper can provide your own stats for your version
Commit with changes added to accomodate this change: https://github.com/christianhaitian/Emu ... 4a8e448b12
Readme has been updated with further information on how to use the cmake options. See the special note section: https://github.com/christianhaitian/Emu ... /README.md
A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one

southoz

Post by southoz »

mharper13 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:55 am
so i noticed the wifi card i have been using since .32 was working fine but after about .34 update it brakes, but using the wifi adapter that came with my rg351p works okay, tried .41 fresh and still the edimax wifi wont work but if i install fresh .32 it works fine up until i update, one by one til .34, which updates a lot of wireless things,

!!update did fresh install of .41, noticed the light on the adapter stays lit now constantly but it does work my bad im just use to it flashing and showing activity when in use, thanks for all your work.
Those values reflect kernel changes:
- .34 was the update to the broken Vulcan Driver
- .41 was the regression of the broken Vulcan Driver, the inclusion of Bluetooth for PS controllers and the inclusion of the max_cpufreq kernel argument

With each change I have cloned a new version of the github (so I could roll back) and it is likely that I missed a driver when configuring the kernel.

I use the Hardkernel GitHub version of the kernel https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/tre ... dgoA-4.4.y which includes the wireless drivers for various manufacturers. There was no specific information in the change however it is possible that there is an upstream change within the Rockchip github kernel repository that impacts the wireless drivers. It would be nice for Rockchip to update the Kernal to 5.X which would include wider support and updated drivers but I do not think they are going to in support of the RK3326 so late in its lifecycle.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Christian_Haitian wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:33 pm
Christian_Haitian wrote:
Good Morning,

Per f.caruso:
Commit with changes added to accomodate this change: https://github.com/christianhaitian/Emu ... 4a8e448b12
Readme has been updated with further information on how to use the cmake options. See the special note section: https://github.com/christianhaitian/Emu ... /README.md
Thanks, Christian! On top of the list!

I see a change in the ArkOS GitHub with the appearance of a suspicious looking Update-RG351V.sh file :D but I still don't see an Update-OGS.sh file :cry: lolz, bet the RG-351V owners are going to be happy once you finish the release!

CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

southoz wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:41 pm
I use the Hardkernel GitHub version of the kernel https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/tre ... dgoA-4.4.y which includes the wireless drivers for various manufacturers. There was no specific information in the change however it is possible that there is an upstream change within the Rockchip github kernel repository that impacts the wireless drivers. It would be nice for Rockchip to update the Kernal to 5.X which would include wider support and updated drivers but I do not think they are going to in support of the RK3326 so late in its lifecycle.
Or, you know, provide the needed data to be included upstream so we could just use the mainline kernel like the rest of the world. I don't know what's wrong with ARM manufacturers in general that they seem to be unable to understand that concept.
These users thanked the author CountBuggula for the post:
nfriedly (Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:13 am)

RetroGameCorps
ODROIDs: ODROID Go Super

Post by RetroGameCorps »

I spent last evening fiddling with the latest RetroOZ (.41 without the overclock), I'm LOVING it. SM64, Sonic ports, LZDoom, RetroRun DC, standalone N64...this is now my primary OS. Well done! I'd like to do a dedicated video on this project in the next couple weeks, once I clear out the backlog of videos I'm currently working on. A few observational notes:

- If and when you get the time, would it be possible to incorporate a few of kreal's AnberPorts, like AM2R, Quake III, or Undertale? Not sure how difficult it would be but those games in particular would be particularly glorious on this nice, big display. https://github.com/krishenriksen/AnberP ... ipts/games
- In regards to WiFi adapter compatibility, I've also found that my TP-Link AC600 doesn't work in RetroOz, but does work in EmuELEC on the OGS. Would it be possible to incorporate the drivers that Shanti used in order to take advantage of the adapter's lovely 5GHz connection?
- Finally, the PPSSPP menu doesn't seem to have a hotkey assigned to it (maybe it's set to L3 from ArkOS?). Would it be possible to add that to the button mapping file in a future release? I assume I could jump in with a USB keyboard and press ESC to bring up the menu, but I'd love to have that available without having to do that extra step. I can't check right now because I'm using the USB port to scrape media :) IIRC the toggle in the PPSSPP button mapping menu is "Pause".

Thanks again for all your hard work on this!
These users thanked the author RetroGameCorps for the post:
southoz (Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:45 pm)

jimfaker

Post by jimfaker »

Yes nice suggestion and if I could add one more port of AnberPorts would be Blood. I love that game and if I could play it on this device, this big screen ouh yes, that would be awesome :)

CISKO
languages_spoken: spanish - english
ODROIDs: Odroid go advance - Odroid Go Super

Post by CISKO »

"Super Mario 64 Port
- Use the ArkOS generated files except for the directories "configuration" and "controller"
Now I am trying and controls are not working.

About Pico8, will it possible to fix it?

Thanks for your work, its is awesome.

southoz

Post by southoz »

RetroGameCorps wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:28 am
I spent last evening fiddling with the latest RetroOZ (.41 without the overclock), I'm LOVING it. SM64, Sonic ports, LZDoom, RetroRun DC, standalone N64...this is now my primary OS. Well done! I'd like to do a dedicated video on this project in the next couple weeks, once I clear out the backlog of videos I'm currently working on. A few observational notes:

- If and when you get the time, would it be possible to incorporate a few of kreal's AnberPorts, like AM2R, Quake III, or Undertale? Not sure how difficult it would be but those games in particular would be particularly glorious on this nice, big display. https://github.com/krishenriksen/AnberP ... ipts/games
- In regards to WiFi adapter compatibility, I've also found that my TP-Link AC600 doesn't work in RetroOz, but does work in EmuELEC on the OGS. Would it be possible to incorporate the drivers that Shanti used in order to take advantage of the adapter's lovely 5GHz connection?
- Finally, the PPSSPP menu doesn't seem to have a hotkey assigned to it (maybe it's set to L3 from ArkOS?). Would it be possible to add that to the button mapping file in a future release? I assume I could jump in with a USB keyboard and press ESC to bring up the menu, but I'd love to have that available without having to do that extra step. I can't check right now because I'm using the USB port to scrape media :) IIRC the toggle in the PPSSPP button mapping menu is "Pause".

Thanks again for all your hard work on this!
Time has been the enemy recently so development has slowed down :(

I have had a good look at the Amberports and got bogged down with Blood and customer control mapping scripts and the use of software acceleration rather than GLES, I can try and grab some of the low hanging fruit in the short term to add to the experience and continue to work on those with more complicated requirements.

Is it this one https://www.amazon.com.au/TP-Link-Arche ... B07KRCW6LZ or this one https://www.amazon.com.au/TP-Link-Wirel ... B07P5PRK7J?

PPSSPP Hotkey is Select or SDL 12 and B or SDL 0 - The key is hardcoded so I need to find it in the code and update it back to X like Retroarch. PPSSPP needs some work in General
jimfaker (Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:43 pm)

southoz

Post by southoz »

CISKO wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:29 am
"Super Mario 64 Port
- Use the ArkOS generated files except for the directories "configuration" and "controller"

It is possible that you may have overwritten the configuration files for the controls, I have uploaded the files to Mega

Pico 8 is definitely on the list of ArkOS features that I need to get working.
Last edited by southoz on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CISKO (Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:59 pm)

RetroGameCorps

Post by RetroGameCorps »

The first one (nano), sorry for not being clearer :)

I got a chance to test out the keyboard on PPSSPP to see if a key would bring up the menu, unfortunately none of the keys worked.

Also, I noticed that the mouse controls are not working in Diablo. I've heard this might be an issue across the board for all the 64-bit OSs, but thought I would bring it up in case it's an easy fix :)

Take your time! What you've accomplished so far is amazing, I've been playing my OGS off and on all day thanks to your most recent build.
These users thanked the author RetroGameCorps for the post:
southoz (Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:45 pm)

southoz

Post by southoz »

RetroGameCorps wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:35 am
The first one (nano), sorry for not being clearer :)

I got a chance to test out the keyboard on PPSSPP to see if a key would bring up the menu, unfortunately none of the keys worked.

Also, I noticed that the mouse controls are not working in Diablo. I've heard this might be an issue across the board for all the 64-bit OSs, but thought I would bring it up in case it's an easy fix :)

Take your time! What you've accomplished so far is amazing, I've been playing my OGS off and on all day thanks to your most recent build.
It is supposed to be a Mediatek M7610u chipset which is included in the kernel so I will grab one and check.

Is the menu you are looking for the PPSSPP ingame menu shown below and which emulator are you using Standalone or Go?
20210415_141449_resized.jpg
20210415_141449_resized.jpg (423.7 KiB) Viewed 15081 times
I will check out Diablo and see if I can see the issue.

RetroGameCorps

Post by RetroGameCorps »

southoz wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:23 pm
Is the menu you are looking for the PPSSPP ingame menu shown below and which emulator are you using Standalone or Go?
Yep, that's the one. I am not sure which emulator is running, whatever the default one is. It just says "Auto" in the emulator settings.

southoz

Post by southoz »

RetroGameCorps wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:41 pm
Yep, that's the one. I am not sure which emulator is running, whatever the default one is. It just says "Auto" in the emulator settings.
Weird, I get that menu when holding SDL 12/Select and pressing SDL 0/B button. The ppsspp folder is located in /home/odroid/.config/ppsspp and the script copies controls based on the version started. The default version is standalone with the go variant as a backup. I will have a play and see if I can get it to break.

Diablo - The mouse is not working in the ArkOS version I have, the menus and panels are accessed using the select and start buttons hotkeys in combination with the direction and ABXY buttons. A review of the code shows the mouse functions in RG350, Vita and switch. The right stick is working however the MouseX and MouseY values are always 0 in https://github.com/diasurgical/deviluti ... rctrls.cpp line 1001 and 1002 the only place these are set is in https://github.com/diasurgical/deviluti ... abloui.cpp on line 367 and 368 and its dependant on an SDL_MOUSEMOTION event which never occurs.

PPSSPP - The buttons in the go version require an update but swapping back and forth did not break the standalone version, To restore the default config for both extract https://mega.nz/file/UnozmYCA#6L40IXXoe ... pbzNM4_y6Y to ports, restart emulationstation and run PPSSPP-CONTROLS!

Update: Persistance rather than skill - Diablo with Mouses :shock: https://mega.nz/file/dj5k3QiD#wqn2IMVv7 ... zjsobqwMj0 for testing
Last edited by southoz on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 8 times in total.

CISKO
languages_spoken: spanish - english
ODROIDs: Odroid go advance - Odroid Go Super

Post by CISKO »

southoz wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:22 am
CISKO wrote:
"Super Mario 64 Port

It is possible that you may have overwritten the configuration files for the controls, I have uploaded the files to Mega
https://mega.nz/file/o6A2wRwa#tRDk4LkFv ... LTWhGwL4VU

nothing, game is running well but control is not working, it remains on press start screen.

Christian_Haitian

southoz wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:49 pm
Christian_Haitian wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:33 pm
Christian_Haitian wrote:
Good Morning,

Per f.caruso:
Thanks, Christian! On top of the list!

I see a change in the ArkOS GitHub with the appearance of a suspicious looking Update-RG351V.sh file :D but I still don't see an Update-OGS.sh file :cry: lolz, bet the RG-351V owners are going to be happy once you finish the release!
With RetroOZ and TheRA on the OGS, ArkOS would just be way to redundant imo. Plus time has become my enemy as well. :?

southoz

Post by southoz »

CISKO wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:02 pm
nothing, game is running well but control is not working, it remains on press start screen.
I will PM you something to test, the keymapping for start is SDL 12 - download/file.php?id=13953
CISKO (Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:21 pm)

jimfaker

Post by jimfaker »

CISKO wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:02 pm
southoz wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:22 am
CISKO wrote:
"Super Mario 64 Port

https://mega.nz/file/o6A2wRwa#tRDk4LkFv ... LTWhGwL4VU

Did you use the ArkOS version? I found it on the web because I couldn't do it myself and it worked. The one I tried before was the one for Emuelec and with that one I got the same problem as you. Do you need the arkos version?

Return to “Projects”