RetroOZ WIP

Third party OS images and hardware mods
ridsama
languages_spoken: english

Re: RetroOZ WIP

Post by ridsama »

I don't think Vulkan is really supported? I would say yes, this is the package that the GPU driver is in libmali-rk-bifrost-g31-rxp0-wayland-gbm:arm64.
These users thanked the author ridsama for the post:
BrosideTheOdroidGuy (Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:37 am)

BrosideTheOdroidGuy
ODROIDs: odroid go super

Post by BrosideTheOdroidGuy »

I figured out how to convert the save over to pcsx rearmed. The sound is still off, but it plays better so I'll deal.

Baco
languages_spoken: spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Super

Post by Baco »

Hi southoz:

I release a new Emulation Station version 2.10.12.1.

- Master --> https://github.com/JuanMiguelBG/Emulati ... /2.10.12.1

Changes:
  • Fix some WIFI settings problems.
  • Music volume isn't restaured after the screensaver was stopped.
  • Update on screen keyboard.

The binary files are here https://github.com/JuanMiguelBG/Emulati ... 10.12.1.7z.
The required scripts are here https://github.com/JuanMiguelBG/Emulati ... scripts.7z.

To update ES to the v2.10.12.1 version, requires the previous update v2.10.12.0 viewtopic.php?p=335802#p335802.

Bye and good work.
Attachments
ES_2.10.12.1_Update.zip
(5.83 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
These users thanked the author Baco for the post (total 3):
RvR23 (Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:46 am) • ridsama (Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:40 am) • animeware (Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:28 am)

Thranthir
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: Powkiddy RGB10 Max
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Thranthir »

Baco wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:12 am
Thranthir wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:37 am
Hey guys,

I am using my Powkiddy RGB10 Max with the recent RetroOZ Version (0.51)

Unfortunately, the internal Wifi is not working. I can choose my Network and add the Password, but it do not activate.

Am I the only one? Is there any solution?

Wifi with EmuELEC is working fine on the same device.

Regards
Dean
Try to use the Hotkey + Wifi --> https://github.com/southoz/ogage
Hey,

thanks for the answer., sorry for the late reply.

I have a Powkiddy RGB10 Max. Can someone tell me what combination i need to use? I tried several without any effect.

Thanks to all the great work on this.

Regards
Dean

RexDart
ODROIDs: odroid go advance be

Post by RexDart »

I have the same thing happening with mine. Wifi just stopped working randomly.
I thought it might have been because I was experimenting... I was streaming with Moonlight and I tried the on-board 2.4ghz wifi, then I plugged in a dongle with 5ghz wifi. I went back and forth between those over a few days until eventually it just stopped working. Now no wifi networks are visible.
For anybody curious: Moonlight is very good in REtroOZ. Even with the onboard wifi in the RGB10 Max, turn-based games were fun to play. With 5ghz wifi connected, everything but the most twitchy games became playable.

crashoverride
ODROIDs: C1

Post by crashoverride »

Thranthir wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:42 am
I have a Powkiddy RGB10 Max.
Support for clone devices is not provided on this forum.

BenKesselring
ODROIDs: ODROID-Go Super

Post by BenKesselring »

crashoverride wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:24 am
Thranthir wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:42 am
I have a Powkiddy RGB10 Max.
Support for clone devices is not provided on this forum.
Out of curiosity, are you a mod?

crashoverride

Post by crashoverride »

BenKesselring wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:35 am
are you a mod?
Nope.

I am a community member and software developer.

BenKesselring

Post by BenKesselring »

crashoverride wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:00 am
BenKesselring wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:35 am
are you a mod?
Nope.

I am a community member and software developer.
Ah, thought maybe there was a good reason you’ve repeatedly harassed other community members over something that’s not a community rule.

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Post by odroid »

Indeed, we don't really want to see anything about clone devices on this ODROID forum.

crashoverride

Post by crashoverride »

BenKesselring wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:36 am
Ah, thought maybe there was a good reason you’ve repeatedly harassed other community members over something that’s not a community rule.
It is not my rule. However, as noted in the previous post, it is a rule.

It may help to understand that this is a manufacturer (HardKernel) forum providing support for their products. Clones are not their products. There are independent forums and discord channels that are more appropriate for discussing products not made by HardKernel.

BenKesselring

Post by BenKesselring »

odroid wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:12 pm
Indeed, we don't really want to see anything about clone devices on this ODROID forum.
crashoverride wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:41 pm
It is not my rule. However, as noted in the previous post, it is a rule.
Do you have a link to that rule? I’ve searched the forum for rules and found no specific post, and the terms of use page mentions nothing about discussing devices from other manufacturers in OS development threads (in fact, discussing them isn’t mentioned at all), so I’d love to know where the extra rules are listed.

crashoverride

Post by crashoverride »

BenKesselring wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:18 pm
Do you have a link to that rule?
Again, this is a manufacturer supported forum. It would not exist exist if HardKernel did not pay the bills and provide the resources. Powkiddy or any other clone maker are more than capable of providing support forums for their own customers. ODROID has pioneered this class of device. As a consumer, you may choose a product from a third party. However, it is inappropriate and off-topic to request support for hardware made elsewhere here.

There are many more advances yet to come! This is only possible because HardKernel supports its developers and community. Speaking as a developer, we want you to have the best experience with your device.

BenKesselring

Post by BenKesselring »

crashoverride wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:37 pm
However, it is inappropriate and off-topic to request support for hardware made elsewhere here.
Most of the people in the OS threads aren't asking for hardware support, though - they're asking for software support for the OSes being discussed here on devices supported by those OSes. If people were asking about the screens of their RGB10 Maxes lifting or the USB gamepad disconnects of the RG351x devices, I'd 100% agree with you, but telling people they're unwelcome to discuss software issues in the OS development fora because they don't use HardKernel devices is extremely off-putting and not in the spirit of the open-source community that HardKernel is heralded as supporting.

As an aside, I'm in the fora of a few manufacturers who truly support the open-source community, and they encourage the discussion of other manufacturers (and, in fact, some of them provide schematics and BOMs for their devices so you can solder your own by hand if you want).

As an example of why these discussions really shouldn't be squashed, though, implementing wifi functionality for the RGB10 Max (elsewhere, obviously) has actually been a good thing for OGS users, because many 2.4Ghz USB wifi dongles share the same chipset (RTL8723). HardKernel is free to do what they want with this site, but they should make the rules clear - and, imo, it would be ideal if they allowed discussion of the OSes regardless of which devices they're being run on, and only stepped in when people were discussing hardware issues exclusive to devices made by other manufacturers. They don't get paid for those other devices, sure, but neither do you (or southoz, or slam, or Christian H) for the many development hours you spend writing software for these devices.

nex86
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance Black Editon

Post by nex86 »

nice looking rom but I have a few complains/issues.

- Please take a look at Quake, buttons are not configured at all. when I tried configure them manually with type gamepad modern, axis for left analogstick didn't work correctly, couldn't map left strafe.
- Duke 3D runs very slow (~15fps), resolution might be too high? it runs fine on emuelec.
- Half Life "New Game" buttom is greyed out, even though files are copied correctly.
- ppsspp configured poorly, please enable buffered rendering, don't use 2x res since its really performance taxing, don't use 666mhz for psp CPU overclock, use default.

Thats all I have for now, I need to test more..

Return to “Projects”