RetroOZ WIP

Third party OS images and hardware mods
PlasticExistence
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4, Odroid Go Advance, Odroid Go Super

Re: RetroOZ WIP

Post by PlasticExistence »

Thanks so much for this! I really like how much is setup for us!
These users thanked the author PlasticExistence for the post:
southoz (Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:30 am)

Jerwardemy340
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jerwardemy340 »

I am running the July 12th 0.50 update and my LZ Doom stopped booting up. It ran after the update, but I did mess around with texture filters, midi sounds, etc in the options and it hasn't booted up since. I'm not sure if it needs a rescue script or if I have some other problem. Also, when I select Doom from the system menu, inside the Doom game list menu, the selection indicator freezes for 15-20 seconds before I can select which version of Doom I want to play.

southoz
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Super

Post by southoz »

ridsama wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:31 am
Wifi doesn't seem to work after waking from suspend. Using 0.49 on unnamed device. Is that fixed in latest 0.50?
No I have not been able to fix the issue is USB not Wifi, I have added the supposed fixes to the boot.ini but the issue remains outstanding.
Jerwardemy340 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:26 am
I am running the July 12th 0.50 update and my LZ Doom stopped booting up. It ran after the update, but I did mess around with texture filters, midi sounds, etc in the options and it hasn't booted up since. I'm not sure if it needs a rescue script or if I have some other problem. Also, when I select Doom from the system menu, inside the Doom game list menu, the selection indicator freezes for 15-20 seconds before I can select which version of Doom I want to play.
I will need to add a rescue script into the next beta (not today's) i will try and find some time to work on it when I get home tonight.
Last edited by southoz on Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 20 July
Mega - viewtopic.php?p=332248#p332248

- Add Support for OGA Version 1.1 in Emulationstation, Retroarch, Retroarch32, Retrorun, PPSSPP SDL, PPSSPP GO Branding, Volume and Brightness Controls.
-- https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki ... vanced-v11 - Sleep is hotkey plus X, sleep did not resume correctly during testing.
-- Options -> Device -> Odroid Go Advanced v1.1
- Add Clear Retroarch and Retroarch32 Core / Content directory configurations.
- Add Retroarch and Retroarch32 Core / Content directory configurations rescue scripts.
- Add Moonlight game streaming with support for Local Servers. https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moo ... etup-Guide
- Add Show Favorites First to Game Collection Menu
- Add VVVVVV Media Thanks to - Thanks to Cisko
- Add Spanish Language extension to Emulationstation - Thanks to Baco and Cisko
- Add Blood Controls Rescue Script.
- Add CrocoDS as Amstrad CPC Core option.
- Add .dsk .DSK .cpc and .CPC as Amstrad CPC supported file type.
- Add /rom/tools as a symbolic link to /opt/system/Tools for external addons.
- Add Enable and Disabled Retroarch logging under Advanced and moved logs to /roms/logs folder for easy access.
- Update Retroarch and Retroarch32 cores location to point to ArkoOS core repository.
- Update Plymouth text to RetroOZ for tools that scrape the value to id the distro.
- Update OpenBor script - Thanks to Baco
- Update Return to Castle Wolfenstein autoexec.cfg for increased brightness - Thanks to Musa
- Update Retroarch and Retroarch to 1.9.5
- Update PPSSPP SDL to 1.11.3 with new controller mapping - https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki/PSP (reapply device to update).
- Update PPSSPP GO with 30 FPS Hack and new controller mapping - https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki/PSP (reapply device to update).
- Update PPSSPP config and save folder location to /roms/psp/ppsspp a symbolic link is created in /home/odroid/.config to being it in line with ArkOS
- Fix Retroarch32 save file and Retroarch save state location to the content folders (will move any new states and save from 0.49 to /roms).
- Fix Emulationstation Systems rescue script - Thanks to Baco
- Fix Deviloution - Needs to be run twice to start, will investigate.
- Fix Some Emulationstation Translations missing in code - Thanks to Baco
- Fix Brightness Displayed in Full-Screen Menu - Thanks to Baco
- Fix Linux Journal filling the Linux partition (source of many issues).
- Fix Retroarch32 Flycast Controller Type (reapply device to update).
- Fix Quake Controls - Thanks to Plaindman (reapply device to update).

1. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.
2. Restart Emulation Station or Reboot
3. From Ports Select UPDATE-WIP-0.50 System Will Restart

Does not overwrite current Emulationstation Binary - Select Header or Fullscreen in Options -> Advanced to update to the release in the update.

Moonlight needs to first be paired with the PC running Geforce Experience by selecting "SERVER - PAIR WITH SERVER" and then generate the application start files with "SERVER - GENERATE APPLICATION FILES". The moonlight.conf file in the moonlight directory can be edited to set bitrate, fps, codec and platform.
Last edited by southoz on Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author southoz for the post:
PK_SGXX (Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:53 pm)

Agrias

Post by Agrias »

Please update with SLEEP MODE. That is an essential part for me for mobile handheld.
Any updates on when it will be added? Anyone with a workaround to add sleep mode on OZ?

Thanks in advance!

southoz

Post by southoz »

Agrias wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:20 am
Please update with SLEEP MODE. That is an essential part for me for mobile handheld.
Any updates on when it will be added? Anyone with a workaround to add sleep mode on OZ?

Thanks in advance!
Don't Panic Sleep mode is included but USB doesn't wake from sleep and requires a reset - https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki/Hotkeys

sean67854

Post by sean67854 »

southoz wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:45 pm
Agrias wrote:

Thanks in advance!
Don't Panic Sleep mode is included but USB doesn't wake from sleep and requires a reset - https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki/Hotkeys
is there any documentation on how that sleep mode is supposed to work? on the console that shall not be named, Native setting, on the system select screen the Select button blacks out the screen, but leaves the status bar showing at the top. The Start button just brings up the Main Menu.

I found if I hold down 13 and press 15 twice, when I release, it appears to go to sleep (the power light remains lit). I can only wake it by clicking the power button. when it wakes from sleep, the volume is set to 100, but when i click volume down, it immediately drops back to the previous volume setting.
I just double checked and it's exactly the same when the Top setting is selected.

Christian_Haitian
ODROIDs: Go, Go Advance

Post by Christian_Haitian »

Hey SouthOZ, if you're using a file manager in RetroOZ like the old DinguxCommander, you should checkout 351Files. https://github.com/christianhaitian/351Files. It was made by another developer for another OS and ArkOS and is very easy to modify to accomodate other units like the OGS. It features an image viewer and a text editor as well. You can review this commit to see how to add support for the OGS if interested. https://github.com/christianhaitian/351 ... 0b0f1dd247
These users thanked the author Christian_Haitian for the post (total 2):
plaidman (Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:13 am) • southoz (Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:58 pm)
A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one

Christian_Haitian
ODROIDs: Go, Go Advance

Post by Christian_Haitian »

southoz wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:45 pm
Agrias wrote:

Thanks in advance!
Does the OGS not use the dwc2 driver for it's USB chipset? If it does, you can workaround that issue by having that driver loaded as kernel module instead of native kernel driver so you can unload it before sleep and reload on wake.
These users thanked the author Christian_Haitian for the post (total 2):
plaidman (Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:13 am) • southoz (Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:58 pm)
A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 21 July
Mega - viewtopic.php?p=332311#p332311

- Add Support for OGA Version 1.1 in Emulationstation, Retroarch, Retroarch32, Retrorun, PPSSPP SDL, PPSSPP GO Branding, Volume and Brightness Controls.
-- https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki ... vanced-v11 - Sleep is hotkey plus X, sleep did not resume correctly during testing.
- Add Retroarch and Retroarch32 Core / Content directory configurations rescue scripts.
- Add Moonlight game streaming with support for Local Servers. https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moo ... etup-Guide
- Add Enable and Disabled Retroarch logging under Advanced and moved logs to /roms/logs folder for easy access.
- Add LZDoom rescue script
- Update Retroarch and Retroarch32 cores location to point to ArkoOS core repository.
- Update Plymouth text to RetroOZ for tools that scrape the value to id the distro.
- Update Return to Castle Wolfenstein autoexec.cfg for increased brightness - Thanks to Musa
- Update PPSSPP SDL to 1.11.3 with new controller mapping - https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki/PSP (reapply device to update).
- Update PPSSPP GO with 30 FPS Hack and new controller mapping - https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki/PSP (reapply device to update).
- Update PPSSPP config and save folder location to /roms/psp/ppsspp a symbolic link is created in /home/odroid/.config to being it in line with ArkOS
- Fix Retroarch32 save file and Retroarch save state location to the content folders (will move any new states and save from 0.49 to /roms).

1. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.

Does not overwrite current Emulationstation Binary - Select Header or Fullscreen in Options -> Advanced to update to the release in the update.

Moonlight needs to first be paired with the PC running Geforce Experience by selecting "SERVER - PAIR WITH SERVER" and then generate the application start files with "SERVER - GENERATE APPLICATION FILES". The moonlight.conf file in the moonlight directory can be edited to set bitrate, fps, codec and platform.
Last edited by southoz on Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Christian_Haitian wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:59 am
Hey SouthOZ, if you're using a file manager in RetroOZ like the old DinguxCommander, you should checkout 351Files. https://github.com/christianhaitian/351Files. It was made by another developer for another OS and ArkOS and is very easy to modify to accomodate other units like the OGS. It features an image viewer and a text editor as well. You can review this commit to see how to add support for the OGS if interested. https://github.com/christianhaitian/351 ... 0b0f1dd247
Thanks, Christian, I got DinuxCommander compiled however the pop up windows were invisible so I will definitely check this out.
Christian_Haitian wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:02 am
Does the OGS not use the dwc2 driver for it's USB chipset? If it does, you can workaround that issue by having that driver loaded as kernel module instead of native kernel driver so you can unload it before sleep and reload on wake.

Code: Select all

odroid@retrooz:~$ dmesg | grep dwc2
[    0.968977] dwc2 ff300000.usb: Looking up vusb_d-supply from device tree
[    0.969005] dwc2 ff300000.usb: Looking up vusb_d-supply property in node /usb@ff300000 failed
[    0.969138] dwc2 ff300000.usb: Looking up vusb_a-supply from device tree
[    0.969166] dwc2 ff300000.usb: Looking up vusb_a-supply property in node /usb@ff300000 failed
[    0.969441] dwc2 ff300000.usb: Configuration mismatch. dr_mode forced to host
[    0.980053] dwc2 ff300000.usb: DWC OTG Controller
[    0.980119] dwc2 ff300000.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[    0.980204] dwc2 ff300000.usb: irq 18, io mem 0xff300000
[    0.980689] usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 4.4.189 dwc2_hsotg
[    1.353655] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using dwc2
Looks like it, I will have a look at this, thanks!
sean67854 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:28 am
I found if I hold down 13 and press 15 twice, when I release, it appears to go to sleep (the power light remains lit). I can only wake it by clicking the power button. when it wakes from sleep, the volume is set to 100, but when i click volume down, it immediately drops back to the previous volume setting.
I just double checked and it's exactly the same when the Top setting is selected.
Looks like it needs more work, I get the same results but only have to push the sleep button once when the hotkey is held down.
These users thanked the author southoz for the post (total 2):
Christian_Haitian (Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:39 am) • livinitwarrior (Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:40 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 22 July
Mega - viewtopic.php?p=332398#p332398

- Add 351Files - Thanks to Christian

Last edited by southoz on Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 23 July
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/smJihZoC#xm3k1gp1m ... Ts4GxJrEHM

- Add Pokemonmini Emulation
- Add additional filetype to dosbox
- Add 351Files - Thanks to Christian

These users thanked the author southoz for the post:
PK_SGXX (Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:03 pm)

Return to “Projects”