southoz
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Super

Re: RetroOZ WIP

Post by southoz »

Baco wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:28 am
Hi southoz:

There is a problem whit "Device RGB10-MAX Native.sh" file of path "/opt/system/Device".

The commands of the "Changing Emulationstation" part not work because 'xmlstarlet' isn't installed.

Code: Select all

sudo xmlstarlet ed --inplace -u '/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName="GO-Super Gamepad"]/input[@name="select"]/@id' -v "14"   /etc/emulationstation/es_input.cfg
sudo xmlstarlet ed --inplace -u '/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName="GO-Super Gamepad"]/input[@name="start"]/@id' -v "15"   /etc/emulationstation/es_input.cfg
sudo xmlstarlet ed --inplace -u '/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName="GO-Super Gamepad"]/input[@name="leftthumb"]/@id' -v "16"   /etc/emulationstation/es_input.cfg
sudo xmlstarlet ed --inplace -u '/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName="GO-Super Gamepad"]/input[@name="rightthumb"]/@id' -v "17"   /etc/emulationstation/es_input.cfg
The other changes are applied successfully.
Make sure you are on 0.49f I made a packaging error with 0.49 hence why 0.49f or sudo apt install xmlstarlet but you will be missing the easyrpg debian files.
These users thanked the author southoz for the post:
Baco (Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:21 pm)

southoz

Post by southoz »

zoomer36 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:24 am
Sorry for the noob question as I'm new to all this, but how do i use the Blood control rescue script? I'm on the latest 0.5 beta (June 9th) and blood controls don't work at all for me, and there's nothing under firmware options -> Rescue.

Thanks!
Should have Blood Settings at the top once you enter rescue, I will test and release an update if there is a packaging issue.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 10 June
Mega - viewtopic.php?p=330099#p330099

- Fix Retroarch32 save file and Retroarch save state location to the content folders (will move any new states and save from 0.49 to /roms).
- Fix Emulationstation Systems rescue script - Thanks to Baco
- Fix Deviloution - Needs to be run twice to start, will investigate.
- Update OpenBor script - Thanks to Baco
- Add VVVVVV Media Thanks to - Thanks to Cisko
- Add Spanish Langage extension to Emulationstation - Thanks to Baco and Cisko
- Add Blood Controls Rescue Script.

1. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.
2. Restart Emulation Station or Reboot
3. From Ports Select UPDATE-WIP-0.50 System Will Restart
Last edited by southoz on Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baco
languages_spoken: spanish
ODROIDs: Powkiddy RGB10 Max

Post by Baco »

southoz wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:22 am
Baco wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:28 am
Hi southoz:

There is a problem whit "Device RGB10-MAX Native.sh" file of path "/opt/system/Device".

The commands of the "Changing Emulationstation" part not work because 'xmlstarlet' isn't installed.

sudo xmlstarlet ed --inplace -u '/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName="GO-Super Gamepad"]/input[@name="select"]/@id' -v "14"   /etc/emulationstation/es_input.cfg
sudo xmlstarlet ed --inplace -u '/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName="GO-Super Gamepad"]/input[@name="start"]/@id' -v "15"   /etc/emulationstation/es_input.cfg
sudo xmlstarlet ed --inplace -u '/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName="GO-Super Gamepad"]/input[@name="leftthumb"]/@id' -v "16"   /etc/emulationstation/es_input.cfg
sudo xmlstarlet ed --inplace -u '/inputList/inputConfig[@deviceName="GO-Super Gamepad"]/input[@name="rightthumb"]/@id' -v "17"   /etc/emulationstation/es_input.cfg
The other changes are applied successfully.
Make sure you are on 0.49f I made a packaging error with 0.49 hence why 0.49f or sudo apt install xmlstarlet but you will be missing the easyrpg debian files.
Ok, I applied again the 0.49f update, and "xmlstarlet" works, thanks.
Last edited by Baco on Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baco

Post by Baco »

southoz wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:57 am
Update 0.50 - Beta - 10 June
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/Y251iA6D#sBNuauvUe ... yyyVk6jZAk

- Fix Retroarch32 save file and Retroarch save state location to the content folders (will move any new states and save from 0.49 to /roms).

1. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.
Hello southoz:

There is an error on the line 33 of file "Update-WIP-0.50.sh".

Normally, in your update script files, firtsly you always remove the ".tar.gz" file and then the ".sh" file. However now, you only remove the ".sh" file twice. "Copy & Paste" problem.

Thanks.
Last edited by Baco on Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baco

Post by Baco »

Hello southoz:

There are some text that can't be translated in your Emulation Station FCAMOD fork:

- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 38; text: "DISPLAY SETTINGS"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 93; text: "DISPLAY"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 97; text: "BRIGHTNESS"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 262, 282; text: "AUDIO CARD"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 290, 304; text: "AUDIO DEVICE"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 293; text: "Speaker"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 294; text: "Master"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 296; text: "Analogue"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 375; text: "OMX PLAYER AUDIO DEVICE"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 727, 731; text: "THEME"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 795; code: pass variable "it->second" to translation function "_()"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 1188; text: "CORE"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMetaDataEd.cpp; lines: 143; text: "CORE"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMetaDataEd.cpp; lines: 225, 227; code: pass constant variable "title" to translation function "_()"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMetaDataEd.cpp; lines: 253; text: "THIS WILL DELETE THE ACTUAL GAME FILE(S)!\nARE YOU SURE?"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMetaDataEd.cpp; lines: 253; text: "YES"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMetaDataEd.cpp; lines: 253; text: "NO"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiGamelistOptions.cpp; lines: 179; code: pass variable "it->second" to translation function "_()"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\components\ScraperSearchComponent.cpp; lines: 36; text: "Result name"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\components\ScraperSearchComponent.cpp; lines: 44; text: "Result desc"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\components\ScraperSearchComponent.cpp; lines: 242; text: "Configured scraper is no longer available.\nPlease change the scraping source in the settings."
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\components\ScraperSearchComponent.cpp; lines: 490; text: "SEARCH FOR"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\components\ScraperSearchComponent.cpp; lines: 493; text: "SEARCH"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiGamelistFilter.cpp; lines: 7; text: "FILTER GAMELIST BY"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\components\AsyncReqComponent.cpp; lines: 51; text: "cancel"

The button "CANCEL" is never translated or it's cuted when displayed (as in spanish, the traduction of "CANCEL" is "CANCELAR", it can happens).

Thanks.
Last edited by Baco on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:51 pm, edited 11 times in total.

zoomer36
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by zoomer36 »

Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately it seems that even running the script hasn't fixed the controls... just boots to menu and I can't select anything, and I must restart the console.
I don't suppose there is a manual fix, is there?

Thanks

Mb-wh
ODROIDs: Rgb10max

Post by Mb-wh »

Mb-wh wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:49 am
Hello all,
I am new here.
Maybe you can help me.
Is there a possibility to start mame games that are in the directory /Rom/mame?
In any case, I do not see a single name game.

Thanks a lot!

Greetings
Michael
Have no one any answer of my question?

southoz

Post by southoz »

Mb-wh wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:58 am
Mb-wh wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:49 am
Hello all,
I am new here.
Maybe you can help me.
Is there a possibility to start mame games that are in the directory /Rom/mame?
In any case, I do not see a single name game.

Thanks a lot!

Greetings
Michael
Have no one any answer of my question?
The directories are set by /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg and mame is not included as the CPU is not powerful enough to run the mame core.

The Arcade category is /roms/arcade and will support fbneo, fbalpha2012, mame2003_plus and Mame2010 with the default being fbneo which you should be using on this CPU.

<system>
      <name>arcade</name>
      <fullname>Arcade - Various Platform</fullname>
      <path>/roms/arcade/</path>
      <extension>.zip .ZIP .7z .7Z</extension>
      <command>perfmax; /opt/retroarch/bin/%EMULATOR% --config /home/odroid/.config/%EMULATOR%/retroarch.cfg -L /home/odroid/.config/%EMULATOR%/cores/%CORE%_libretro.so %ROM%; perfnorm</command>
      <emulators>
         <emulator name="retroarch">
            <cores>
               <core>fbneo</core>
               <core>fbalpha2012</core>
               <core>mame2003_plus</core>
               <core>mame2010</core>
            </cores>
         </emulator>
         <emulator name="retroarch32">
            <cores>
               <core>fbalpha2016</core>
               <core>fbalpha2018</core>
               <core>mame2003_xtreme</core>
            </cores>
         </emulator>
      </emulators>
      <platform>arcade</platform>
      <theme>arcade</theme>
   </system>
Other categories are /roms/mame2003 for use with the mame2003pus core and /roms/mame2010 for use with mame 2010

<system>
      <name>mame2003</name>
      <fullname>Arcade - MAME2003 Plus</fullname>
      <path>/roms/mame2003/</path>
      <extension>.zip .ZIP .7z .7Z .chd .CHD</extension>
      <command>perfmax; /opt/retroarch/bin/retroarch --config /home/odroid/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg -L /home/odroid/.config/retroarch/cores/mame2003_plus_libretro.so %ROM%; perfnorm</command>
      <theme>mame2003</theme>
   </system>
   <system>
      <name>mame2010</name>
      <fullname>Arcade - MAME2010</fullname>
      <path>/roms/mame2010/</path>
      <extension>.zip .ZIP .7z .7Z .chd .CHD</extension>
      <command>perfmax; /opt/retroarch/bin/retroarch --config /home/odroid/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg -L /home/odroid/.config/retroarch/cores/mame2010_libretro.so %ROM%; perfnorm</command>
      <theme>mame2010</theme>
   </system>
You can always compile the latest mame core and create a name category if you wish but my testing has shown that it is not usable.

southoz

Post by southoz »

zoomer36 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:45 am
Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately it seems that even running the script hasn't fixed the controls... just boots to menu and I can't select anything, and I must restart the console.

Thanks
Something is amiss, I flashed up a fresh 0.49 installed the Blood files and the controls worked for me, updated to 0.50b and ran the Rescue script and it also worked.

Have you manually installed Amberports over the supplied version and overwritten /roms/ports/Amberports/bin/oga_controls with the rg351p version?

southoz

Post by southoz »

Baco wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:42 pm
Hello southoz:

There are some text that can't be translated in your Emulation Station FCAMOD fork:

- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 262, 282; text: "AUDIO CARD"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 290, 304; text: "AUDIO DEVICE"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 38; text: "DISPLAY SETTINGS"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 93; text: "DISPLAY"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 97; text: "BRIGHTNESS"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 1188; text: "CORE"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMetaDataEd.cpp; lines: 143; text: "CORE"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\components\ScraperSearchComponent.cpp; lines: 490; text: "SEARCH FOR"
- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\components\ScraperSearchComponent.cpp; lines: 493; text: "SEARCH"

The button "CANCEL" is never translated or it's cuted when displayed (as in spanish, the traduction of "CANCEL" is "CANCELAR", it can happens).

Thanks.
Honestly, unless I sit down for a few days and figure out exactly how the translations work your best bet is to clone the github and compile a master. But you wont have screenscraper support without a dev key. Send me through the translations and I can create Spanish fork that can be changed through an options script.

Baco

Post by Baco »

southoz wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:46 pm
Baco wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:42 pm
Hello southoz:

- EmulationStation-fcamod-ogs\es-app\src\guis\GuiMenu.cpp; lines: 261, 282; text: "AUDIO CARD"

Thanks.
Honestly, unless I sit down for a few days and figure out exactly how the translations work your best bet is to clone the github and compile a master. But you wont have screenscraper support without a dev key. Send me through the translations and I can create Spanish fork that can be changed through an options script.
Hi southoz:

Work with translations it's easy, you only have to pass the text/value to translate as a parameter of the function "_()". Example: _("mi_text").

Other example. In your Emulation Station fork, in file "GuiMenu.cpp" https://github.com/southoz/EmulationSta ... uiMenu.cpp at line 261, the code is

auto audio_card = std::make_shared< OptionListComponent<std::string> >(mWindow, "AUDIO CARD", false);

you only have to pass "AUDIO CARD" as a paratemer to _() function, the line with the change needed to traslate the text:

auto audio_card = std::make_shared< OptionListComponent<std::string> >(mWindow, _("AUDIO CARD"), false);

That is the magic.

As soon as posible, I pass you a new spanish translation file and new lines of Emulation Station code with lack of translations text.

Thanks.

theshiv14
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance, Odroid Go Super

Post by theshiv14 »

southoz wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:21 pm
theshiv14 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:00 pm
Thanks for the info. When I went to check the nblood folder, the nblood.cfg and settings.cfg were already in there. So I deleted them and replaced it with the .48 ones and I did what SouthOz recommend as well and deleted the 2 files from the Blood folder in ports. And the same issues still applies
Sorry circling back now, Blood was a massive PITA, Jim nad I worked on this for a few weeks as every time he fixed the controls they would stop working. I will have a look now

Update: Tested and working, I will add a blood "Rescue" script and add it to the next rolling beta and create a Wiki Page
CISKO wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:53 pm
I have made a small correction in the Spanish translation (locale-es)
Thanks SouthOZ. When I tried it on the current SD card I'm using, it didn't work, so I flashed a 16gb SD card and used the update you pushed and it worked. So I pretty much just have to reflash the SD card again.

zoomer36

Post by zoomer36 »

southoz wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:40 pm
zoomer36 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:45 am
Thanks for the update!

Thanks
Something is amiss, I flashed up a fresh 0.49 installed the Blood files and the controls worked for me, updated to 0.50b and ran the Rescue script and it also worked.

Have you manually installed Amberports over the supplied version and overwritten /roms/ports/Amberports/bin/oga_controls with the rg351p version?
I haven't messed with anything, no. Also, controls for all the other ports seem fine. Maybe I will try a reinstall soon, since its's working for you.

zoomer36

Post by zoomer36 »

Actually, i had a look at the Anberports directory just in case and the entire directory was missing, even though i'm pretty sure it was there last time i transferred files. Weird. Anyway, i restored the directory from the 0.49 full rom and ran the rescue script, and all is well.

Thanks for the help!

rikimbo
languages_spoken: english, french

Post by rikimbo »

Something I really enjoy about having a full Linux distro on these devices is tinkering and compiling on the device itself. ArkOS comes with a working version of libsdl2-dev, which means I can compile open source SDL2-based games on the device. It doesn't look like RetroOZ comes with libsdl2-dev out of the box, and I couldn't get it to work properly using my own clever or stupid tricks.

I realize this might be a pretty narrow use case, but could the next update include the development headers for SDL2, ie. have a libsdl2-dev package installed?

Thanks very much for your work. This firmware is very cool!
These users thanked the author rikimbo for the post:
wihogfan (Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:26 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

rikimbo wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:49 am
Something I really enjoy about having a full Linux distro on these devices is tinkering and compiling on the device itself. ArkOS comes with a working version of libsdl2-dev, which means I can compile open source SDL2-based games on the device. It doesn't look like RetroOZ comes with libsdl2-dev out of the box, and I couldn't get it to work properly using my own clever or stupid tricks.

I realize this might be a pretty narrow use case, but could the next update include the development headers for SDL2, ie. have a libsdl2-dev package installed?

Thanks very much for your work. This firmware is very cool!
The libSDL was added after Shovel knight and I am still on the fence to rolling back the original version and using the SDL with video support for those ports that require a working video SDL implementation.

If you are going to be compiling on the device you can install the full version from Areascouts Github.

cd ~
git clone https://github.com/AreaScout/SDL.git
cd SDL
./autogen.sh
./configure --disable-video-opengl --enable-video-kmsdrm
make -j3
sudo make install
These users thanked the author southoz for the post (total 2):
wihogfan (Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:37 am) • rikimbo (Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:21 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 13 June
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/M6giXayB#s6U12-Vp2 ... WSIEk8hNp0

- Update Retroarch and Retroarch to 1.9.5

These users thanked the author southoz for the post (total 2):
Baco (Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:19 pm) • wihogfan (Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:38 am)

Baco

Post by Baco »

Hi southoz:

An update of the Emulation Station Spanish Translation.
It's resolved too.

Thanks.
Attachments
emulationstation2.zip
(15.65 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

rikimbo
languages_spoken: english, french

Post by rikimbo »

southoz wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:31 pm
The libSDL was added after Shovel knight and I am still on the fence to rolling back the original version and using the SDL with video support for those ports that require a working video SDL implementation.

If you are going to be compiling on the device you can install the full version from Areascouts Github.
Building and installing the Areascouts version allowed me to compile a couple of SDL2-based ports. However, when running them, I got either "Could not initialize SDL : No available video device" or a black screen. I was able to get around this by removing the /usr/local/lib/ rpath from the compiled executables with chrpath -d so that they dynamically linked against the SDL2 libraries already installed on the system.

romadu
ODROIDs: OGS, RG351P

Post by romadu »

southoz wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:32 pm
Update 0.50 - Beta - 13 June
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/M6giXayB#s6U12-Vp2 ... WSIEk8hNp0

Retroarch 1.9.5? I can’t keep up

I’ve compiled the latest Scummvm nightly for ArkOS (32-bit) to include a big fix for Lands of Lore in-game options menu. It requires 10 new libraries to be installed as well. I haven’t tested on RetroOz but intend to in the coming days.
Here is the binary and required support files and extra libraries for ArkOS and the list of symlinks that I needed to create, in case it’s of interest.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mbstshn5fd7q ... ar.gz?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uuouza9rxjcx ... sh.sh?dl=0

southoz

Post by southoz »

Baco wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:52 pm
Hi southoz:

It's resolved too.

Thanks.
SORT FAVORITES FIRST ? CLASIFICAR LOS FAVORITOS PRIMERO

southoz

Post by southoz »

rikimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:31 am
southoz wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:31 pm

Building and installing the Areascouts version allowed me to compile a couple of SDL2-based ports. However, when running them, I got either "Could not initialize SDL : No available video device" or a black screen. I was able to get around this by removing the /usr/local/lib/ rpath from the compiled executables with chrpath -d so that they dynamically linked against the SDL2 libraries already installed on the system.
I believe the default install path in Areascouts Makefile needs to be updated?

Baco

Post by Baco »

southoz wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:31 pm
Baco wrote:
Hi southoz:

It's resolved too.

Thanks.
Hi southoz:

Sorry, I don't understand what do you mean.

There isn't a msgid "SORT FAVORITES FIRST". It's "SHOW FAVORITES ON TOP", translate as "MOSTRAR FAVORITOS PRIMERO".

The problem with the translation of the "CANCEL" button is because it is wrong in the "emulationstation2.po" file on the fork.

Error:

#:
msgstr "CANCEL"
msgstr "CANCELAR"
Right:

#:
msgid "CANCEL"
msgstr "CANCELAR"
Thanks.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Baco wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:19 pm
southoz wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:31 pm
Baco wrote:
Hi southoz:

It's resolved too.

Thanks.
Hi southoz:

Sorry, I don't understand what do you mean.

There isn't a msgid "SORT FAVORITES FIRST". It's "SHOW FAVORITES ON TOP", translate as "MOSTRAR FAVORITOS PRIMERO".

The problem with the translation of the "CANCEL" button is because it is wrong in the "emulationstation2.po" file on the fork.

Error:

#:
msgstr "CANCEL"
msgstr "CANCELAR"
Right:

#:
msgid "CANCEL"
msgstr "CANCELAR"
Thanks.
Thanks, Recompiling
20210614_180326.jpg
20210614_180326.jpg (51.86 KiB) Viewed 112 times

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 14 June
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/8ipDDIQL#GmvKjKTDJ ... un4sdT857U

- Add Clear Retroarch and Retroarch32 Core / Content directory configurations.
- Add Retroarch and Retroarch32 Core / Content directory configurations rescue scripts.
- Add Show Favorites First to Game Collection Menu (Does not overwrite current Binary - Select Header or Fullscreen in Options -> Advanced).
- Add Spanish Language extension to Emulationstation - Thanks to Baco and Cisko

Last edited by southoz on Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author southoz for the post:
Baco (Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:01 pm)

Baco

Post by Baco »

southoz wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:10 pm

- Add Show Favorites First to Game Collection Menu.

Hi southoz:

You have updated Emulation Stations, but the update doesn't replace the actual executable "/usr/bin/emulationstation/emulationstation", it only replaces "emulationstation.fullscreen" and "emulationstation.header".

You must either overwrite "/usr/bin/emulationstation/emulationstation" or indicate in the upgrade instructions that we must configure Emulation Station as "Full Screen" or "Header".

I assume Emulation Station "Fullscreen" is the default, right?

Well, I set "Emulation Station Fullscreen" again and the "- Add Show Favorites First to Game Collection Menu." appears. But my other suggested translation changes (viewtopic.php?p=329989#p329989) are not showing up :(.

Thanks.

MaxPain

Post by MaxPain »

After the last update beta 14 june if you select RESET EMULATIONSTATION it erased my personal es_settings.cfg and set defaults.

I have reverted to the previous emulationstation.fulscreen and header files, they work fine.

Any news about the lag in emulationstation when you start the system and load the first video preview?

EDITED: It seems that it is random after changing the files, it has happened to me again with the previous ones as well. I have noticed that the ES_LOG.TXT is empty.

I don't Know why now it dont save ES_Settings too, file is 0KB and then it crash when i reset emulationstation.

EDITED AGAIN : I will flash my backup.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Baco wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:12 pm
southoz wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:10 pm

- Add Show Favorites First to Game Collection Menu.

Hi southoz:

You have updated Emulation Stations, but the update doesn't replace the actual executable "/usr/bin/emulationstation/emulationstation", it only replaces "emulationstation.fullscreen" and "emulationstation.header".

You must either overwrite "/usr/bin/emulationstation/emulationstation" or indicate in the upgrade instructions that we must configure Emulation Station as "Full Screen" or "Header".

I assume Emulation Station "Fullscreen" is the default, right?

Well, I set "Emulation Station Fullscreen" again and the "- Add Show Favorites First to Game Collection Menu." appears. But my other suggested translation changes (viewtopic.php?p=329989#p329989) are not showing up :(.

Thanks.
Yes it does not overwrite the active binary and you need to select Header or Fullscreen. I did include the updated file from your post in the package, I will download it again and repackage.

southoz

Post by southoz »

MaxPain wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:58 am
After the last update beta 14 june if you select RESET EMULATIONSTATION it erased my personal es_settings.cfg and set defaults.

I have reverted to the previous emulationstation.fulscreen and header files, they work fine.

Any news about the lag in emulationstation when you start the system and load the first video preview?

EDITED: It seems that it is random after changing the files, it has happened to me again with the previous ones as well. I have noticed that the ES_LOG.TXT is empty.

I don't Know why now it dont save ES_Settings too, file is 0KB and then it crash when i reset emulationstation.

EDITED AGAIN : I will flash my backup.
Yes, the news is total rebuild fixes the lag. https://discord.com/channels/529983248 ... 8889762856

Rest Emulationstation does overwrite /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg do you by any chance have a /home/odroid/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg file that is being used instead of /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

I will test and check the functions today.

Update - Edited /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg and added.

<system>
      <name>Test</name>
      <fullname>Test</fullname>
      <path>/roms/test/</path>
      <extension>.test .TEST</extension>
      <command>perfmax; /usr/local/bin/hypseus.sh %ROM%; perfnorm</command>
      <platform>test</platform>
      <theme>test</theme>
   </system>
Restart Emulation Station then Options -> Rescue -> Emulationstation Systems

Original is restored from /opt/.retrooz/universal/es_systems.cfg

Changed to Fullscreen

Edited /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg and added.

<system>
      <name>Test</name>
      <path>/roms/test/</path>
      <theme>test</theme>
   </system>

I will update the restore script to include a delete of /home/odroid/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg, I might include a emulationstation start counter to run the script if it starts boot looping emulationstation.

MaxPain

Post by MaxPain »

southoz wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:25 am

Rest Emulationstation does overwrite /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg do you by any chance have a /home/odroid/.emulationstation/es_settings.cfg file that is being used instead of /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

Yes, I have the es_settings where you say (/etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg) but what does the es_settings have to do with the es_systems?

One saves the emulationstation configuration and the other the systems that are included.

You should not delete personal settings.

southoz wrote:

Yes, the news is total rebuild fixes the lag. https://discord.com/channels/529983248 ... 8889762856
Awesome

southoz wrote:

Edited /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg and added.

<system>
      <name>Test</name>
      <path>/roms/test/</path>
      <theme>test</theme>
   </system>

I will update the restore script to include a delete of /home/odroid/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg, I might include a emulationstation start counter to run the script if it starts boot looping emulationstation.
If you are going to create a new system, the themes are not prepared for that.

Return to “Projects”