RRVL (Retro Roller) OGA 1.0/1.1; OGS

Third party OS images and hardware mods
loaidheach
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO Super

Re: RRVL (Retro Roller) OGA 1.0/1.1; OGS

Post by loaidheach »

So I rebuilt moonlight-embedded from the current git version. It's entirely untested, I haven't even installed it on my own OGS yet, so use at your own risk. Also I don't know if it fixes rbranton's problem.
Get it here: moonlight-embedded-2.4.11_16

rbranton
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO Advance,
ODROID-Go Super
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by rbranton »

loaidheach wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:37 am
So I rebuilt moonlight-embedded from the current git version. It's entirely untested, I haven't even installed it on my own OGS yet, so use at your own risk. Also I don't know if it fixes rbranton's problem.
Get it here: moonlight-embedded-2.4.11_16
It does, thank you.

loaidheach

Post by loaidheach »

Since the eple.us repo has been down for some time and I don't see it coming back up soon, I created a new repo.
Through valadaa84's build script and a cached version of the repo file I had a list of all packages in the old repo. I rebuilt most of them (in the same version as before), some failed for various reasons and I was too lazy to debug them for now. Some of those that failed I still had some cached, so I have most packages, but some are still missing.
I also included my fheroes2, gemrb packages, as well as the updated moonlight-embedded package. Finally I included cplr's updated retroarch-odroidgo2 package.
So far I don't intend to really maintain the repo, but just provide it so the packages aren't lost/you can install those you don't have already. I may update the occasional package, but may as well be gone for a few month working on other projects. Also feel free to submit updated/new packages as pull request on the repo: https://github.com/loaidheach/retroroller

Last but not least, how to add the repo:
create /etc/xbps.d/10-chaotic.conf (you may call it something else, I don't care) with this content:

Code: Select all

repository=https://rrvl.chaoticneutral.eu/rrvl
While you are at it, you may just remove the eple-repo, so you don't have to wait for the connection to time out before you can update packages. Once you try to update via xbps-install -Su you will be asked if you want to include the repo.
It should say

`https://rrvl.chaoticneutral.eu/rrvl' repository has been RSA signed by "loaidheach"
Fingerprint: a8:f4:60:5c:1c:ed:bf:b5:6a:40:77:ef:c1:b4:0f:73
If it does, say yes. That's it, install away!
These users thanked the author loaidheach for the post (total 2):
valadaa48 (Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:08 pm) • micronaut (Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:31 pm)

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Post by mad_ady »

Thanks a bunch for picking this up! If the repo only needs a web server to run, you could ask mdrjr for storage on his server (I have an account given by him).

loaidheach

Post by loaidheach »

Yes, the repo only needs a web server, I'm currently hosting the repo on my own server. The repo is not very large (~100MB) and I don't have a traffic limit, so I don't mind.

cplr
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance

Post by cplr »

loaidheach wrote:Since the eple.us repo has been down for some time and I don't see it coming back up soon, I created a new repo.
Through valadaa84's build script and a cached version of the repo file I had a list of all packages in the old repo. I rebuilt most of them (in the same version as before), some failed for various reasons and I was too lazy to debug them for now. Some of those that failed I still had some cached, so I have most packages, but some are still missing.
I also included my fheroes2, gemrb packages, as well as the updated moonlight-embedded package. Finally I included cplr's updated retroarch-odroidgo2 package.
So far I don't intend to really maintain the repo, but just provide it so the packages aren't lost/you can install those you don't have already. I may update the occasional package, but may as well be gone for a few month working on other projects. Also feel free to submit updated/new packages as pull request on the repo: https://github.com/loaidheach/retroroller

Last but not least, how to add the repo:
create /etc/xbps.d/10-chaotic.conf (you may call it something else, I don't care) with this content:

repository=https://rrvl.chaoticneutral.eu/rrvl
While you are at it, you may just remove the eple-repo, so you don't have to wait for the connection to time out before you can update packages. Once you try to update via xbps-install -Su you will be asked if you want to include the repo.
It should say

`https://rrvl.chaoticneutral.eu/rrvl' repository has been RSA signed by "loaidheach"
Fingerprint: a8:f4:60:5c:1c:ed:bf:b5:6a:40:77:ef:c1:b4:0f:73
If it does, say yes. That's it, install away!
Sweet!

There’s now a RetroArch 1.9.2 update. If you want I can update the package and do a PR to your fork (could probably get to it Monday).

Since we both have forks I am curious what your process was. Did you merge the top-of-tree void packages repo into where you forked? I noticed I needed to do that to successfully build some of the packages, as the main system packages needed to match the src packages.

Did you just copy over my RA1.9.1 package or do a cherry pick? I haven’t had time to see your git commit logs yet.

loaidheach

Post by loaidheach »

cplr wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 1:18 pm
Sweet!

There’s now a RetroArch 1.9.2 update. If you want I can update the package and do a PR to your fork (could probably get to it Monday).

Since we both have forks I am curious what your process was. Did you merge the top-of-tree void packages repo into where you forked? I noticed I needed to do that to successfully build some of the packages, as the main system packages needed to match the src packages.

Did you just copy over my RA1.9.1 package or do a cherry pick? I haven’t had time to see your git commit logs yet.
I added the void packages repo as upstream and did a rebase. In retrospect it probably would have been smarter to fork the void packages repo and merge the retroroller packages on top. The rebase needed a lot of manual intervention. For the your retroarch update I cherry-picked the commit. For the 1.9.2 update you can add a pull request. Since I already added your repo as a remote anyway, I could also just cherry-pick a commit for 1.9.2.

rbranton
ODROID-Go Super

Post by rbranton »

Would somebody be able to explain how to package retroarch for RRVL?
I did use: viewtopic.php?p=306185#p306185 to have enviroment.
I compiled stock build of retroarch (without wifi and shutdown options (would be cool to know how to add those)).
I have "retroarch" without extension.
I can use it on arch arm and it has 1.9.2 as build.

But how can i package it to ".aarch64.xbps" so it could be used on RRVL?

micronaut
ODROIDs: Go Advance black edition

Post by micronaut »

likewise, I have 1.9.3 compiled on an odroid go advance - installing to /bin results in a black screen at boot, does anybody have a recommended configuration setup? thanks.

rbranton
ODROID-Go Super

Post by rbranton »

I am in the same boat with the same results. I can compile it and just place it on ArkOS, it works, thus need to learn how to package it for RRVL

Return to “Projects”