Third party OS images and hardware mods
newodroid
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid go advance 1.1

Re: RRVL (Retro Roller) OGA 1.0/1.1; OGS

Post by newodroid »

valadaa48 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:57 am

1. Is it possible to connect a keyboard and launch a terminal directly on the device? Specifically for vim, file management, running commands etc.
I'm considering carrying around a small device with either a wired/2.4ghz keyboard or a bluetooth one and using it for taking down quick notes while I'm away from home, using either emacs or vim.
I bet the OGA is powerful enough to compile simple latex pdfs or run groff at the very least. Would also be cool to play scummvm games with a mouse and keyboard.

This is a pure void linux install so everything there is available to you. Everything above should work, may need a USB hub though.

2. Would I be able to use sshfs to mount a remote filesystem directly onto the OGA?

Why wouldn't you be able to?

3. I'm familiar with bash scripting, void and arch linux, but I've never done something like run a .sh script through retroarch. Is it just a matter of making the script executable and adding it to the retroarch menu somehow? Specifically I would write scripts to rsync saves and files from the OGA to the desktop and vice versa. And also for the above mentioned sshfs command to mount/unmount when needed.

Retroarch uses a special spring core that can run any command. There is a built in one that launches .sh scripts and you can see the terminal output on tty1. I also rsync my saves to the cloud.

4. This relates to the above terminal question: is it possible to use the dpad and buttons to control things like ncurses programs in a terminal, or would I always have to have a keyboard attached?
My main use case for this would be scrolling through a file using vim or less, and controlling programs like MPD + ncmpcpp or MOC for music.
It would be cool to be able to mount some music from my desktop using sshfs and play it back on the OGA directly. I do this on my laptop and it's very handy to save local storage space.

The joypad is not mapped as a keyboard so you'll need some kind of userspace translator. Ask shanti and the others here with what works for them. It's also not difficult to write one in C, python, rust, etc.. There isn't anything built-in to RRVL to do this though.

5. Can I use mupdf for simple document viewing? I know it's a low resolution screen for reading but it would be handy for just quickly viewing something. And can I use the dpad for scrolling?

If it can render to kms/drm or fb0 then yes. If not, then you can try to get sway/xorg working.

6. Is it possible to use a USB DAC for high quality audio + amplifier with the current RRVL kernel and alsa?

Probably as long as the drivers are there if/as needed.

7. finally how is the battery life on RRVL? I know you can overclock a bit for better performance in games but is it possible to underclock for better battery while doing less demanding things like listening to music or playing GB/C?

We use the userspace governor so you can choose your cpu freq. We can prob enable other options if needed. I was toying with the idea of removing power to the GPU since I don't use it to gain even more battery life, but if not used it sits there at 400MHz I think.

You certainly sound knowledge enough about what you want, I would encourage you to experiment with it and all of the source code and package source is available for others to use. At this point the system is nearly as good as I think it can be so I'll prob be stepping back and letting the community move it forward.

Also you may want to check with Crashoverride and Meveric, they're the systems masters here and have much experience with these devices than me. Also, meveric has a nice Xorg/Wayland (forget which) distribution if you need to go that route.
Thanks for your detailed post, I appreciate your work on RRVL too.
I had no idea RA had that spring core. Is there an example script somewhere that I can look at and adapt to my usecase? I'm not a programmer or anything, simple bash scripts are my limit haha.

I guess all my questions hinge on one thing, is it possible to launch a terminal from that spring core, and go back to RA upon exit?
I can probably use st from the void repos because it's easy to map actions like scrolling to it in the config file when you compile it.
For example from my desktop st build:
{ MODKEY, XK_K, kscrollup, {.i = -1} },
lets me scroll up with alt+k, I can probably use the above antimicro build to map that action to dpad up. And maybe a button combo to exit/kill the terminal and antimicro then go back to RA.
This would also work in framebuffer programs like fbpdf if I'm not mistaken.
st also lets you zoom in and out easily, which would be handy given the screen resolution and size on the OGA.

If anything comes from this I'll be more than happy to share my scripts etc, if anyone else is interested in using the OGA for more than just games. Like a mini computer kinda thing. Basically like an openpandora but without the keyboard.

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Post by mad_ady »

I can see what you mean by inefficient, I'm sure the input latency is crazy high, but that doesn't really affect this usage case.
It's actually quite responsive, with the limitation that it doesn't do key repeats.
If it works for you and you configure new profiles please fork my project, add the new profiles and send a PR.

NukeLassic
ODROIDs: ODROID Go Advance-BE
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by NukeLassic »

valadaa48 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:47 am
If you just update and reboot it should go away.
Just leaving a note here to say the problem persists for me. Seems to happen slightly less frequently, but I still can't find a consistent cause. Doesn't seem to happen more on any one emulator.

Also, a question for anyone. As best I can tell, any changes I make to the intended window scaling don't seem to work. Doesn't matter if I manipulate the full screen or window size, or scaling, in RetroArch, when I'm in-game the system will always stretch to the top and bottom bezels with black bars on the sides. This is a non-issue for most games, but a few RPGs will have squashed text, which can be hard to read. I suspect this is just a case of me missing some relevant setting, so any insight would be appreciated.

Shoesy
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance

Post by Shoesy »

Have you tried switching the video driver in RA? The driver called OGA is recommended for 2D platforms I believe...

loaidheach
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO Super

Post by loaidheach »

So I haven't used moonlight in a while, a week at least. Now I wanted to use it again, but the client just quits with a segmentation fault for anything but --help. The moonlight-embedded package is from 02-14-21, so I doubt it's the package itself. I ran an strace to see what happens. The segfault happens right after reading the keys from /home/odroid/.cache/moonlight/ (I can provide the trace if needed).

When I try to build moonlight-embedded it from the RRVL repo it fails because of a conflict between openssl-devel and libressl-devel. So together with the trace I think there is something fishy with moonlight and the ssl library.

Can somebody confirm this or is my install just messed up?

ptrm
languages_spoken: english, polish
ODROIDs: Go, Go Advance

Post by ptrm »

Moonlight segfaulted when pairing for me as well yesterday (after doing update)

Shoesy

Post by Shoesy »

Added an issue to GitHub for moonlight issue here: https://github.com/valadaa48/rrvl/issues/1

valadaa48
ODROIDs: odroid go advance

Post by valadaa48 »

Interesting... They moved from libressl to openssl so def needs a rebuild.

valadaa48
ODROIDs: odroid go advance

Post by valadaa48 »

To the RRVL community:

It's been a long and fun journey building out Retro Roller together into a minimalist image that focused on performance and ease of development. In the process, we tried to differentiate ourselves from the other images while also giving back via open sourcing our projects and patches.

As some of you know, it was never my intention to actually build and maintain an image by myself. This project mostly reflects my vision for how I want my OGA to be setup. This includes minimalism, performance and ease of maintenance. After some time, I felt as though it would be nice to share my curated image with the community and also hope to attract like-minded developers interested in furthering efforts in the same direction. This led to the first release of RR:

RR started with a few custom packages on-top of the official Ubuntu image by Crash. Due to my complete disdain of deb packaging (no offense to others intended) I decided to move RR to ArchLinux - an OS I'm familiar with and that also has a huge AUR repository to help with porting new packages over.

The problem with ArchLinux is that it requires either building on the OGA itself or within a VM. This proved to be far too burdensome. Void Linux's excellent xbps package manager I feel is far superior in that it builds each package in its own chroot and can leverage a cross compiler. This is why RRVL quickly became the new RR image.

When I first released RR exactly one year ago on this day, I made a personal pact that if RR didn't prove to be a truly community-driven project that I would stop. I tried my best at ensuring everything was open sourced with build instructions and while a few people have made great contributions for which I'm truly grateful, I don't think enough sustainable momentum ever grew.

Fast-forwarding to today, I personally feel RRVL has been feature complete for quite some time. It is for this reason and also the fact that I no longer have the same amount of free time to spend on this, that I've decided to not continue RRVL development. I'm also staying true to my original pact.

In retrospect, I feel that most of my work and the work of others has already made its way into most images. There are plenty of great images out there and even some can be made to be more or less identical to RRVL if you know how (Shanti I think even liked the RREE concept). I think these are exciting times for the scene especially now that there appears to be more developers involved even if they choose to fork or fork a fork to make their own image. These folks seem to be better positioned and have the determination to setup and configure things that appeal to the masses. I wish I had these qualities but I don't.

The steps I've taken to help ensure work is preserved and also to help encourage future community activity:

- RRVL is fully open sourced (except for ogage as I don't want that making its way to clones)
- My original kernel 1.5GHz OC patches can be found in my github, EE and a few other images are already using them
- All of my retroarch patches except for the nmcli driver have been upstreamed (there is a PR though)
- I ported SDL 1.2 to support rga rotation. With this also came pcsx4all, fceux and gmenu2x. The Open Dingux team are managing this now and hopefully will release a new image based on buildroot.
- I helped port and test opk support on this platform. RRVL was the first to support this concept and indeed 32bit support in RRVL is provided via an opk alone. CH is maintaining the repo https://github.com/christianhaitian/rk3326-opks. The idea is that these little self contained packages can be run on any rk3326 platforms so devs don't have to keep duplicating effort porting these things to their images.
- Our RRVL core repo that has been shared by many images is now in CH's hands and should continue to be the best of repo for aarch64 cores: https://github.com/christianhaitian/retroarch-cores

For anyone that is interested in forking, renaming, making it their own: please reach out to me.

As for me, I of course will be sticking around to help out here and there. I also have a very good relationship with many of the other developers in the scene and will continue to help support them in any way I can.

Lastly, there are a lot of people to whom I owe thanks and it would be impossible to list everyone. But mostly, I have to thank Safarikniv for hosting RR this whole time; Shanti and Slaminger for collaboration; tshroom as prob our biggest fan; BadBrent also as being a huge fan; NOiRBriGHT as being the best tester one could ask for; npaladin2000 for his development support in the ArchLinux days; Raiden has been helping with cores lately; last and not least, CrashOverride and the other developers here and on discord - none of this would have ever even been possible without you.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or (good not bad) comments. Looking forward to spending a bit more time as a user and being able to play games now =).

EDIT: I should also state that RRVL will probably just continue to work indefinitely (and undoubtedly if you don't update!). There are not that many RRVL-specific packages and they are quite easy to even build yourself if you check the wiki.
Last edited by valadaa48 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author valadaa48 for the post (total 9):
shanti (Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:27 pm) • sonew (Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:04 pm) • notime2d8 (Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:22 pm) • odroid (Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:49 pm) • loaidheach (Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:19 pm) • raidenii (Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:35 pm) • Christian_Haitian (Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:33 pm) • micronaut (Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:07 pm) • Harmsy (Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:55 am)

shanti
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2

Post by shanti »

Thanks for all you have done to make OGA images in general work better!
These users thanked the author shanti for the post:
valadaa48 (Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:34 pm)

cplr

Post by cplr »

Thank you for everything you’ve done for this platform!
These users thanked the author cplr for the post:
valadaa48 (Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:07 pm)

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

Wow, I was not expecting this. Thank you for everything you've done and contributed. I know that you've done a lot but specifically for me:
  • RGA patches disabling debugging
  • Kernel compiler options
  • Patches fixing usb resume/suspend
  • Better overclocking support

I hope to keep seeing you around.
These users thanked the author notime2d8 for the post:
valadaa48 (Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:11 pm)
If I say something that sounds smart or like i know what i'm talking about....i'm faking it.

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

Indeed, thank you for your work on the Go Advance! Sorry to see you step back, but it's understandable...
These users thanked the author mad_ady for the post:
valadaa48 (Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:11 pm)

loaidheach

Post by loaidheach »

Thanks for your great work! RRVL is exactly the kind of image I was looking for: as minimalist as possible while still containing everything you actually need. The kind of image I would have built myself, if I had the time,
So I understand your reasons all too well.
These users thanked the author loaidheach for the post:
valadaa48 (Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:51 pm)

ptrm
languages_spoken: english, polish
ODROIDs: Go, Go Advance

Post by ptrm »

Thank you very much! The overclock feature made a world of difference to me for Dreamcast emulation!
These users thanked the author ptrm for the post:
valadaa48 (Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:50 pm)

loaidheach

Post by loaidheach »

ptrm wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:14 am
Moonlight segfaulted when pairing for me as well yesterday (after doing update)
I did the rebuild, it was basically just replacing libressl-devel with openssl-devel in the template.
You can download the package here: moonlight-embedded-2.4.11_15.aarch64.xbps

The easiest way to install it is first installing xtools and then running sudo xdowngrade moonlight-embedded-2.4.11_15.aarch64.xbps in the directory where you downloaded it.
valadaa48 (Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:50 pm)

Shoesy

Post by Shoesy »

Ah amazing! Looking forward to trying it out. Did you sort on GitHub?

loaidheach

Post by loaidheach »

Shoesy wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:16 pm
Ah amazing! Looking forward to trying it out. Did you sort on GitHub?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, so I'll guess. I used the RRVL repo from Github, but my changes are currently only local, I haven't pushed them anywhere yet, but the plan was to do that. Maybe I'll also setup a kind of third party repo where I add the package, but I'm not sure if a single package is worth that.

Shoesy

Post by Shoesy »

I managed to install this just fine. I assume xtools must be installed by default, or at least it seemed to be on my reasonably fresh SD card :)

Thanks for helping out :)

NukeLassic
ODROIDs: ODROID Go Advance-BE
Has thanked: 0

Post by NukeLassic »

Shoesy wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:49 pm
Have you tried switching the video driver in RA? The driver called OGA is recommended for 2D platforms I believe...
Video driver is on glcore, which is seems to be what most recommend.

Update on my issue, I was able to resolve my issue with the Dreamcast rendering (I think, the internal rendering resolution was low and it was clipping the text.), but a few titles in DuckStation are still squishy. As best I can tell, nothing I do to resolution options in RetroArch's Video Settings will stick once I'm in-game. Even if I manipulate the full screen or windowed resolution, they'll just scale to the vertical resolution as it was before. (Unless I'm meant to restart RetroArch every time I play with the resolution settings?) I'm still pretty stuck on this, so if anyone has some insight or dealt with a similar issue, I'd love to figure out what I'm missing or not doing correctly.

micronaut
ODROIDs: Go Advance black edition

Post by micronaut »

I compiled the dosbox-pure core on OGA black edition, if anybody wants a copy: https://mega.nz/file/NVhmTAyQ#r2DGsyNrg ... pdOJdYpUyg

I also compiled the retro8 pico-8 core: https://mega.nz/file/ZEBSXDIL#nv4I2mOQd ... pxvauXntdY . Note, you need to edit the .p8 files and replace version 30 with version 8 at the top of the code to get them to work. Celeste runs, but mileage will vary!
These users thanked the author micronaut for the post (total 2):
loaidheach (Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:32 pm) • sonew (Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:27 am)

loaidheach

Post by loaidheach »

I built two other packages, for now for manual download (install via xdowngrade), hopefully I get around to setup a small repo somewhere:

fheroes2
Heroes of Might and Magic II engine for modern operating systems

homepage: https://github.com/ihhub/fheroes2
depends: SDL2-go2 SDL2_ttf SDL2_mixer SDL2_image

You also need to original HoMM2 game files/the demo. It will probably not work on the OGA (I only have the OGS) as apparently some screens are fixed at 640x480 and won't fit the display and some vital elements might not be visible

Download: https://cloud.fawaba.eu/index.php/s/cFMDyyxG7NN26Hq

gemrb
A portable open-source reimplementation of the Infinity Engine (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc.)

hompage: https://gemrb.org
depends: SDL2 libopenal zlib python freetype libpng

Again, I couldn't test it on the OGA, but it should work, but the fonts could be a bit small. I tried gemrb on a pi0 with a 2.8" 320x240 screen and it was almost readable, given the higher resolution an bigger size of the OGA screen it might just work. Since you need to enter a name for most games (all except Planescape: Torment, I think), you will need to connect a keyboard when starting a game.

Download: https://cloud.fawaba.eu/index.php/s/mqtc7qoXBWPZZia
ducadan (Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:39 am)

newodroid

Post by newodroid »

mad_ady wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:32 pm
I can see what you mean by inefficient, I'm sure the input latency is crazy high, but that doesn't really affect this usage case.
It's actually quite responsive, with the limitation that it doesn't do key repeats.
If it works for you and you configure new profiles please fork my project, add the new profiles and send a PR.
So I've been trying on and off to get this running over the past week. Have you tried it on RRVL or just the stock ubuntu image?
I keep getting the following errors. I made sure to install pretty much the entire python3 suite, and this happens while running as both the normal user and sudo, and from multiple folders in my $PATH.

Code: Select all

[<module>:156] [Errno 22] Invalid argument

File "/home/odroid/bin/antimicro-nonX.py", line 149, in <module>
    device = InputDevice(conf['input_device'])
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/evdev/device.py", line 133, in __init__
    info_res = _input.ioctl_devinfo(self.fd)
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/odroid/bin/antimicro-nonX.py", line 157, in <module>
    time.sleep(2)
KeyboardInterrupt

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

I haven't tried it on RRVL, but it complains that it can't find the input device to listen for events. Show me your config file for antimicro-nonx. It should be the parameter you pass to it.
You can find the input device either with evtest or with ls -l /dev/input/by-id
newodroid (Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:24 am)

newodroid

Post by newodroid »

mad_ady wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:31 am
I haven't tried it on RRVL, but it complains that it can't find the input device to listen for events. Show me your config file for antimicro-nonx. It should be the parameter you pass to it.
You can find the input device either with evtest or with ls -l /dev/input/by-id
Ok so evtest outputs on RRVL are:

Available devices:
/dev/input/event0:      rk8xx_pwrkey
/dev/input/event1:      rockchip,rk817-codec Headphones
/dev/input/event2:      GO-Advance Gamepad (rev 1.1)
I'm using your nmpcpp config which has

input_device: /dev/input/event2
which should be fine based on the evtest output.
This is the output when I run it.
Command I'm using is

sudo python3 antimicro-nonX.py antimicro-nonX-goa-ncmpc.yaml

2021-03-17 16:16:15,040 DEBUG    [<module>:125] first item is str
2021-03-17 16:16:15,042 INFO     [<module>:150] Opened device /dev/input/event2, name "GO-Advance Gamepad (rev 1.1)", phys "odroidgo2_joypad/input0"
2021-03-17 16:16:15,045 ERROR    [<module>:156] [Errno 22] Invalid argument
2021-03-17 16:16:17,066 INFO     [<module>:150] Opened device /dev/input/event2, name "GO-Advance Gamepad (rev 1.1)", phys "odroidgo2_joypad/input0"
2021-03-17 16:16:17,068 ERROR    [<module>:156] [Errno 22] Invalid argument
2021-03-17 16:16:19,083 INFO     [<module>:150] Opened device /dev/input/event2, name "GO-Advance Gamepad (rev 1.1)", phys "odroidgo2_joypad/input0"
2021-03-17 16:16:19,085 ERROR    [<module>:156] [Errno 22] Invalid argument
2021-03-17 16:16:21,103 INFO     [<module>:150] Opened device /dev/input/event2, name "GO-Advance Gamepad (rev 1.1)", phys "odroidgo2_joypad/input0"
2021-03-17 16:16:21,105 ERROR    [<module>:156] [Errno 22] Invalid argument
2021-03-17 16:16:23,119 INFO     [<module>:150] Opened device /dev/input/event2, name "GO-Advance Gamepad (rev 1.1)", phys "odroidgo2_joypad/input0"
2021-03-17 16:16:23,121 ERROR    [<module>:156] [Errno 22] Invalid argument
2021-03-17 16:16:25,136 INFO     [<module>:150] Opened device /dev/input/event2, name "GO-Advance Gamepad (rev 1.1)", phys "odroidgo2_joypad/input0"

File "/home/odroid/bin/antimicro-nonX/antimicro-nonX.py", line 152, in <module>
    ui = UInput(cap, name='antimicro-nonX-fake-input')
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/evdev/uinput.py", line 138, in __init__
    _uinput.setup(self.fd, name, vendor, product, version, bustype, absinfo)
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

Ok, I'll need to see what's wrong... I've ran it on older python versions. Something must have changed in the meantime...
newodroid (Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:54 pm)

newodroid

Post by newodroid »

mad_ady wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:23 pm
Ok, I'll need to see what's wrong... I've ran it on older python versions. Something must have changed in the meantime...
Running with python2 gives the same result by the way

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

Sadly I'm a bit swamped at the moment... Hope to test it in a week or so, when the kids are on a break. Sorry for taking long...

sonew

Post by sonew »

micronaut wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:32 am
I compiled the dosbox-pure core on OGA black edition, if anybody wants a copy: https://mega.nz/file/NVhmTAyQ#r2DGsyNrg ... pdOJdYpUyg

I also compiled the retro8 pico-8 core: https://mega.nz/file/ZEBSXDIL#nv4I2mOQd ... pxvauXntdY . Note, you need to edit the .p8 files and replace version 30 with version 8 at the top of the code to get them to work. Celeste runs, but mileage will vary!
Could you please help to compile the potator core for oga?

https://github.com/libretro/potator

micronaut

Post by micronaut »

sonew wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:35 am
micronaut wrote:

Sure, I can have a look at it.

micronaut

Post by micronaut »

sonew wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:35 am
micronaut wrote:

here you go: https://mega.nz/file/hcojHAAA#cb-4f09ZB ... gVDP3HiCp8

I tested it on a couple of games and it seems to work ok.
These users thanked the author micronaut for the post:
sonew (Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:43 pm)

sonew

Post by sonew »

micronaut wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:48 pm

It works! my friend :lol: thank you so much~~

the core works great in arkos but no in EE3.6. I thinks It is a 64bit core.

Really appreciate if you could made a 32bit core either

micronaut

Post by micronaut »

sonew wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:28 pm
micronaut wrote:

I'll take a look at it in next day or so.
sonew (Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:34 am)

micronaut

Post by micronaut »

sonew wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:28 pm
micronaut wrote:

I don't have an OGA running a 32bit OS at the moment and I need to dig into the makefile to see which bit is specific to the OGA to set 32bit compiler flags. However, I compiled it on a 32bit Pi 3 which might (might) work. Let me know if it does: https://mega.nz/file/cFx3zAwQ#riFYBllgq ... 6613Uix_EQ

sonew

Post by sonew »

micronaut wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:31 am

I don't have an OGA running a 32bit OS at the moment and I need to dig into the makefile to see which bit is specific to the OGA to set 32bit compiler flags. However, I compiled it on a 32bit Pi 3 which might (might) work. Let me know if it does: https://mega.nz/file/cFx3zAwQ#riFYBllgq ... 6613Uix_EQ
Sorry for take a lot of your time,but thank you so much for the 32bit core!
I test it with EE3.6,It works great just like the 64bit core you made on arkos~~~

How about put your cores on github ? Just like christianhaitian did (https://github.com/christianhaitian/retroarch-cores/)
I think many people would like these cores :D

cplr

Post by cplr »

sonew wrote:
micronaut wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:31 am

Sorry for take a lot of your time,but thank you so much for the 32bit core!
I test it with EE3.6,It works great just like the 64bit core you made on arkos~~~

How about put your cores on github ? Just like christianhaitian did (https://github.com/christianhaitian/retroarch-cores/)
I think many people would like these cores :D
I believe it’s encouraged to submit a PR for ^^^ that repo, so it’s easy to grab them in RRVL and ArkOS

micronaut

Post by micronaut »

those cores are for exclusive use by the superior RRVL community! :lol: I've created a pull request to add the Supervision cores. :mrgreen: The dosbox pure and retro8 cores are already in there from the looks of it.
sonew (Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:02 am)

sonew

Post by sonew »

micronaut wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:26 am
those cores are for exclusive use by the superior RRVL community! :lol: I've created a pull request to add the Supervision cores. :mrgreen: The dosbox pure and retro8 cores are already in there from the looks of it.
Hi micronaut, here is sonew again :) For some reason I still use emuelec 3.6, it only work with 32bit cores

Could you please compile your great dosbox_pure core in 32bit for all the EE3.6 users?

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help! I really enjoy the supervision core :mrgreen:

micronaut

Post by micronaut »

sonew wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:10 pm
micronaut wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:26 am
Hi micronaut, here is sonew again :) For some reason I still use emuelec 3.6, it only work with 32bit cores

Could you please compile your great dosbox_pure core in 32bit for all the EE3.6 users?

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help! I really enjoy the supervision core :mrgreen:
try this: https://mega.nz/file/hEhHnYLC#Pbk2WazfQ ... jMJUkQt46Q
sonew (Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:06 pm)

sonew

Post by sonew »

micronaut wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:42 am
Wooo~~ It works in EE3.6 with the best performance! But the most wanted features- save state is not working :cry: I don’t know if this is a limitation of the 32bit emuelec...

Could you please confirm it? I know I may ask for too much, but I think this may be the last regret of the 32bit OS for rk3326 handheld ;)

Thank you @micronaut ! Your are my hero~~ :D

micronaut

Post by micronaut »

sonew wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:56 pm
micronaut wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:42 am
Wooo~~ It works in EE3.6 with the best performance! But the most wanted features- save state is not working :cry: I don’t know if this is a limitation of the 32bit emuelec...

Could you please confirm it? I know I may ask for too much, but I think this may be the last regret of the 32bit OS for rk3326 handheld ;)

Thank you @micronaut ! Your are my hero~~ :D
could be related to this ongoing issue: https://github.com/schellingb/dosbox-pure/issues/101
sonew (Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:06 pm)

sonew

Post by sonew »

micronaut wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:04 pm

could be related to this ongoing issue: https://github.com/schellingb/dosbox-pure/issues/101
Thank you, my friend! I got it finally! :D

Through your clues I found 0.11 & 0.10 have this bug..and 0.9 savestates work fine in ee 3.6 when doing it manually through the Retroarch menu.

Return to “Projects”