Erol
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance BE
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance v3.7 stable

Post by Erol »

Josezno wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:05 pm
Hi. I've updated to 3.8 and analog and d-pad stopped working on N64 games. Any fixes? Thanks.
Just to confirm the same isssue.

silt247
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4
Has thanked: 0

Post by silt247 »

easy fix launch emulator go into retroarch and turn analog to digital to none save and done.
hope it helps
These users thanked the author silt247 for the post:
Josezno (Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:51 am)

Josezno
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance

Post by Josezno »

silt247 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:32 am
easy fix launch emulator go into retroarch and turn analog to digital to none save and done.
hope it helps
Thanks buddy, that worked!

I have another question. Is it possible to remove the "manufacturer and release year" lines that show on the emuelec theme. I could've sworn they weren't there before 3.8.

silt247

Post by silt247 »

Dreamcast had the same problem but I have no test the final.

Josezno

Post by Josezno »

silt247 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:32 am
hope it helps
I've noticed when you do that on n64, the analog stops working on the other emulators. Is there a way to avoid that?

silt247

Post by silt247 »

1. go back into retroarch, settings/ input / port 1 controller /analog to digital set it back to left analog save profile. now all should work as before you made the changes.
2. now launch a n64 game and go into retroarch as soon as retroarch shows up scroll down until you see controllers now in controlles find port 1 controller and change analog to digital to none now press B to go back, scroll up untill you see save core remap file.
that should work hope it helps
These users thanked the author silt247 for the post:
Josezno (Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:36 am)

Eyeball37
ODROIDs: Go Advance

Post by Eyeball37 »

Anyone on here know how to get the port of commander Keen working on Emuelec?

Josezno

Post by Josezno »

silt247 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:35 am
1. go back into retroarch, settings/ input / port 1 controller /analog to digital set it back to left analog save profile. now all should work as before you made the changes.
2. now launch a n64 game and go into retroarch as soon as retroarch shows up scroll down until you see controllers now in controlles find port 1 controller and change analog to digital to none now press B to go back, scroll up untill you see save core remap file.
that should work hope it helps
You're da man!

Thanks a bunch. ;)

shanti
ODROIDs: Odroid N2

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance v3.6 stable

Post by shanti »

Desani wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:27 am
After seeing the pico-8 post in the batocera.linux Thread. I used it to get it working properly in Emuelec. I thought I would share the process here for anyone else interested in getting this setup and working.
Loosely based on your instructions, I added full support for Pico-8 starting with v3.9, you just need to unzip the raspberry pi zip file into /storage/roms/bios (it should create a folder named pico-8 inside the bios folder) and restart emulationstation. This will also work on aarch64, the file will be automatically patched on first launch for aarch64.

supercom32

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance v3.8 stable

Post by supercom32 »

Is DOSBOX on EmuELEC also limited in it's joystick to mouse support? I noted that for RetroELEC, the option "Keyboard and Mouse" only allows binding the right analog stick as a mouse, which severely limits its usefulness. Since the OGA only has a left analog stick, this can't be used for anything unless you exclusively change to "Mouse" mode only, which for some reason allows the left anaog stick to be mapped. Anyone have experience with this?

MicroByte

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance v3.6 stable

Post by MicroByte »

Thanks for providing this, but was wondering if something changed and affected this in 3.7. I finally have everything installed and it loads, but I cannot start the game, none of the buttons work. I can add coins, turn the overlay on and off, but cannot actually start the game at all. Which button is the start button?

Thanks again, almost there.
mbroers wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:56 pm
I answered my own question re: daphne oga controller setup -

edit /storage/.config/emuelec/configs/hypseus/hypinput.ini to look like this, works!

Code: Select all

# Sample hypinput.ini
# All key options listed
# Arcade layout by OzFalcon
# Hypseus uses SDL2 Keycodes
# Button3 Turns scoreboard on/off
# SWITCH = Key1 Key2 Joy

[KEYBOARD]
KEY_UP = 1073741906 0 9
KEY_DOWN = 1073741905 0 10
KEY_LEFT = 1073741904 0 11
KEY_RIGHT = 1073741903 0 12
KEY_COIN1 = 53 54 13
KEY_COIN2 = 54 53 0
KEY_START1 = 49 0 18
KEY_START2 = 50 0 0
KEY_BUTTON1 = 1073742048 0 4
KEY_BUTTON2 = 1073742050 0 1
KEY_BUTTON3 = 32 0 2
KEY_SKILL1 = 1073742049 0 0
KEY_SKILL2 = 122 0 0
KEY_SKILL3 = 120 0 0
KEY_SERVICE = 57 0 0
KEY_TEST = 1073741883 0 0
KEY_RESET = 48 0 0
KEY_SCREENSHOT = 1073741893 0 0
KEY_QUIT = 27 0 0
KEY_PAUSE = 112 0 0
KEY_CONSOLE = 92 0 0
KEY_TILT = 116 0 0
END

supercom32

Post by supercom32 »

Has anyone noted that when enabling RGA scaling (I assume it has better quality than Bilinar Filtering), that emulators seem to draw the image only to the right side of the screen (Genesis for example) rather than full screen? In addition, does RGA respect your scaling options when enabled?

shanti

Post by shanti »

supercom32 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:09 am
Has anyone noted that when enabling RGA scaling (I assume it has better quality than Bilinar Filtering), that emulators seem to draw the image only to the right side of the screen (Genesis for example) rather than full screen? In addition, does RGA respect your scaling options when enabled?
This is a bug introduced (I think) on the new Retroarch, I am doing a revert on the OGA driver since this seems to fix it.

stats101
ODROIDs: Go, N2

Post by stats101 »

Copy roms from USB is not working. Does anyone have a workaround (not paragon or wifi)?

Thanks,

shanti

Post by shanti »

stats101 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:49 am
Copy roms from USB is not working. Does anyone have a workaround (not paragon or wifi)?

Thanks,
https://github.com/EmuELEC/EmuELEC/issues/330

valadaa48
ODROIDs: odroid go advance

Post by valadaa48 »

shanti wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:26 pm
supercom32 wrote:
This is a bug introduced (I think) on the new Retroarch, I am doing a revert on the OGA driver since this seems to fix it.
Can you confirm the issue goes away with merely reverting my commit on HEAD? I'm curious if another regression somewhere else was added as I can't fathom how the oga driver could affect the gl driver for example.

shanti

Post by shanti »

valadaa48 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:16 pm
shanti wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:26 pm
supercom32 wrote:
Can you confirm the issue goes away with merely reverting my commit on HEAD? I'm curious if another regression somewhere else was added as I can't fathom how the oga driver could affect the gl driver for example.
No this was not your driver that was causing the issue, it was a patch I made to enable vertical mode, but it is now fixed in v3.9

Squink
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance BE

Post by Squink »

I just installed EmuElec on my OGA and I'm loving it so far, though one thing I'd love to be able to do is remap the system buttons.

They just don't make much sense to me at the moment, is this possible?

For example, F1+hotkey performs hotkey operations, but F1 is also bound to Select in most games - this makes it really easy to frustratingly accidentally reset the game. F2 to F5 don't seem to be used at all, which is a bit of a waste of buttons IMO.

My preferred setup would be something like F1 as the hotkey activator, with F5 and F6 being select and start respectively. F3 and F4 could be used to control volume (F1+Down/Up just seems a bit cumbersome tbh).

I found a few configuration files in the system (es_input.cfg and odroidgo2_joypad_v11.cfg) but editing them didn't produce any results. Is this possible, anyone know?

Edit: So I've played a lot and I've figured out how to remap hotkeys and hotkey activator and how to keep the system's start/select separate from emulator's start/select, however I've noticed F5 seems to be stuck on bringing up the menu. Is there a way to change that? And is there a way to unbind some hotkeys? (for instance if one of the function buttons is dedicated to the menu I don't really need a menu hotkey).

Edit again: Did a ton of digging around in the files and menu systems and finally got everything set up the way I want.

Return to “Projects”