ODROID GameStation Turbo Advance - GO2 (WIP)

Third party OS images and hardware mods
doomman117
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo Advance - GO2 (WIP)

Post by doomman117 »

Update: Installed Gamestation Turbo. However its not seeing my full 128gb SD card. I flashed it after using RA, so it should be completely blank when I installed it.

sw1fty
ODROIDs: oga

Post by sw1fty »

Thanks so much for sharing this image. It looks really cool.
I am quite new to these things and have hit a problem. I've tried reading everything I can for the past few hours but I'm having no success.

I flashed the image to a 128gb card in win10. The small boot partition and a larger root partition has been created but over 100gb remains unallocated.
The root partition is only 3.6gb and I can't figure out how to expand it to be able to fit my roms on.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could offer me some advice. I realize it's probably an annoying noob question and I've tried to read up on this but just getting nowhere.

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Post by mad_ady »

It should automatically resize on first boot.

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4

Post by meveric »

This image is different in many ways.
It does not use EmulationStation for example as a frontend.
Will it be 100% bug free? I highly doubt that's possible.
But I haven't seen any issues with saving or menu yet.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

doomman117

Post by doomman117 »

mad_ady wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:16 pm
Well me and one other person are having the same issue on 128gb SD cards, maybe its a bug?

sw1fty

Post by sw1fty »

mad_ady wrote:
I have read this a few times but it definitely is not happening. I wonder if I'm missing any steps.
I write the image to the card with Win32DiskManager ( I have also tried again with Etcher).
I then safely eject the card from the PC and put it in the OGA for first boot. I get no prompts or even a very long boot time. It boots to Attract Mode in 10-20 seconds and everything appears completely fine. The partition just doesn't get expanded. Is there a way to do it manually?

doomman117

Post by doomman117 »

sw1fty wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:47 pm
mad_ady wrote:
I have read this a few times but it definitely is not happening. I wonder if I'm missing any steps.
I write the image to the card with Win32DiskManager ( I have also tried again with Etcher).
I then safely eject the card from the PC and put it in the OGA for first boot. I get no prompts or even a very long boot time. It boots to Attract Mode in 10-20 seconds and everything appears completely fine. The partition just doesn't get expanded. Is there a way to do it manually?
Same here, I asked on the discord and they said there is a way to do it through gparted, however thats only a last resort, it can have some unforeseen consequences, as well as might not even work

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

You can run fdisk /dev/mmcblk0, delete partition 2 (while running, that's right) and recreate it to fit the disk. Save the changes and then run resize2fs / and it should be done.

sw1fty

Post by sw1fty »

mad_ady wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:37 pm
You can run fdisk /dev/mmcblk0, delete partition 2 (while running, that's right) and recreate it to fit the disk. Save the changes and then run resize2fs / and it should be done.
Thanks for your effort to help with this. Could you possibly explain in more detail how I do that? I have no experience with this.
Am I right in thinking that this is done via the DinguxCommander?
I found mmcblk0 in there and tried to execute but nothing happens and it just returns me to the file directory. Also, where is resize2fs located?

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

You need to type commands through ssh, as root

sw1fty

Post by sw1fty »

mad_ady wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:40 am
You need to type commands through ssh, as root
I have absolutely no idea how to do this. I've been at it for hours but I guess I'm just out of my depth. I'm unfortunately gonna have to give up on using this build.
Thanks for trying to help. Good luck Doomman117

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4

Post by meveric »

originally the system resized the partition without reboot, but I guess that process may have issues with some SD cards.
I will look into it again and maybe do the resize with a reboot instead, as this may be more stable.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

Return to “Projects”