languages_spoken: english
Been thanked: 0

Re: batocera.linux

Post by Melomaniacal » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:39 am

JLsoft wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:07 pm
Melomaniacal wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:30 am
Only new problem is that Super Mario RPG is unreasonably slow!
Check and make sure 'Rewind' in RetroArch is off.

I'm not sure what Batocera considers 'Auto' in the /system/batocera.conf file, so you may have to slap something like "global.rewind=off" onto the end of the file to test, or uncomment the "#snes.rewind=1" line and make it "snes.rewind=0"

...you can also do this stuff right from the Select/Start menus in EmulationStation, but I don't have my OGA handy to say exactly where. You probably go into the specific system selection in ES, hit Select, and it should let you change default options for that system (screen smoothing, aspect ratio, etc.)...with one of them being Rewinding.
Tried that - no luck! I've read it could be a bios issue but putting the correct SNES9x bios' in the bios directory seems to change nothing.

jaykass
Has thanked: 0

Post by jaykass » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:23 am

Melomaniacal wrote:
Try using "SNES9x Next" instead of the default of SNES9x. I am currently playing through Mario RPG and its fullspeed on this core.
These users thanked the author jaykass for the post:
Melomaniacal (Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:55 am)

joinski
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID Go Advance

Post by joinski » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:53 pm

Melomaniacal wrote:
you could try to change the snes emulator/core in Game Settings, Per System Advanced Configuration, Super Nintendo.
maybe with another SNES core Super Mario RPG runs better.

MonsieurDaz
languages_spoken: French, English
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance BE

Post by MonsieurDaz » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:58 pm

Hi guys!
I absolutely love Batocera, and have installed it on a PC and my new OGA BE, and I have a few questions for the devs (or anyone else in the know):
- Would a (standalone) ReDream port be an option?
- Are you guys planning on implementing sleep mode?
- Could Xash3D run on the OGA?
- Is Parallel RDP in the cards for Batocera?
- Would there be a way to let save files sync between two installs of Batocera? (Sharing save files between my PC and OGA would be awesome).
- Decorations apparently only work at 1080p. Any plans of adapting them to the OGA’s resolution?

Thanks a lot for all your hard work. Know that it is deeply appreciated. Batocera is insanely good!
These users thanked the author MonsieurDaz for the post:
monza (Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:27 pm)

Echorion

Post by Echorion » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:56 am

Does Atomiswave just not work in Bacotera? Anytime I try and get it working it says the bios files are missing; but they are not. They are there and in the correct folder I don't know what is wrong.
Edit: I looked through the whole thread and saw that you should extract them from the zip so I tried that; still doesn't work but people said they got it working, I don't understand what I am doing incorrectly then.
Last edited by Echorion on Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dgrace
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance

Post by dgrace » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:21 am

I just installed batocera 5.26 on my odroid go advance. Everything is working great except I cannot for the life of me figure out how to exit out of emulators and return to home screen. I have to turn off odroid and turn back on in order to get out of a game. I tried all the admin buttons at the bottoms (Far Left + Far Right; Far Left + 2nd to Far Left, so on and so forth) and nothing works to get me back to front end. Any ideas. I feel like Batocera is the best OS so far that i've seen when it comes to smoothness and features but this is obviously a big issue. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

jaykass

Post by jaykass » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:15 am

dgrace wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:21 am
I just installed batocera 5.26 on my odroid go advance. Everything is working great except I cannot for the life of me figure out how to exit out of emulators and return to home screen. I have to turn off odroid and turn back on in order to get out of a game. I tried all the admin buttons at the bottoms (Far Left + Far Right; Far Left + 2nd to Far Left, so on and so forth) and nothing works to get me back to front end.
The default hotkey is 'I' and the default exit key is 'VI' so pressing/holding I while pressing VI should exit the emulator. It works on mine (at least for RetroArch-based cores). Are you using a different emulator? Or perhaps you changed the default settings?

JLsoft
ODROIDs: ODROID Go Advance

Post by JLsoft » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:11 am

dgrace wrote:
I just installed batocera 5.26 on my odroid go advance.

If it's the v1.1, make sure you've set up the controls from EmulationStation...hit Start (VI), and redefine the controls...and just hold down any button for things you can't bind and it will skip them...and for 'Hotkey', default should be Select (I).

It doesn't seem that the 5/27 version checks for the 1.1 button numbers.

Echorion

Post by Echorion » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:32 pm

Okay so there definitely seems to be something funky with Atomiswave on this image. I got it working, but then next time I went to play it doesn't work anymore?!
I am so confused.

AchillesPDX

Post by AchillesPDX » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:35 am

Schyz wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm
Hi,

As PICO-8 is available recently as part of a really good deal (and very nice cause) at itch.io I wanted to get it running in the OGA. I had some challenges and I've seen I'm not the only one so I hope this post can help others.

First of all, you need to dowload pico-8_0.2.0i_raspi.zip, the Raspberry Pi version is the one that works on the OGA. Remember this is not free, you must have purchased PICO-8.

We have to create a folder for the PICO-8 software and another one for the cartridges in case we want to run some local games. In my case:

/userdata/roms/pico-8 <- here I put the carts
/userdata/bios/pico-8 <- here I put the contents of pico-8_0.2.0i_raspi.zip

I make all PICO-8 binaries files executable. There's no need to do it with the carts.
from ssh run:
chmod a+x /userdata/bios/pico-8/*
or tick the X flag for all files with "right-click -> properties" in WinSCP

In order to run PICO-8 from the ES interface, Batocera has a very neat feature that allows running custom scripts. Create the file pico-8.sh under /userdata/roms/ports (you might have to create that folder if it doesn't exist) with the following contents:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
/userdata/bios/pico-8/pico8_dyn -splore -home /userdata/bios/pico-8 -root_path /userdata/roms/pico-8 -joystick 0
There's one last issue to fix, PICO-8 doesn't recognise the input from OGA, to solve this problem we need to add/edit the file sdl_controllers.txt in /userdata/bios/pico-8 (it gets created on first run in the directory specified by the parameter -home) with the following content:

// add SDL2 game controller mappings to this file
19000000010000000100000001010000,odroidgo2_joypad,a:b1,b:b0,x:b2,y:b3,leftshoulder:b4,rightshoulder:b5,dpdown:b7,dpleft:b8,dpright:b9,dpup:b6,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,guide:b10,leftstick:b12,lefttrigger:b11,rightstick:b13,righttrigger:b14,start:b15,platform:Linux,
(I have no idea if this will work with the new batch of OGA with 4 shoulder buttons)

Thanks to rcarillion for this trick, in order to exit pico-8 back to the ES interface you must have at least one game, then press start (VI) while selecting that game -> options -> shutdown pico-8.
If anyone in the future is looking for the controller mappings for the new OGA with the 4 shoulder buttons, I worked out this mapping:

19000000010000000200000011000000,odroidgo2_joypad_v11",a:b1,b:b0,x:b2,y:b3,leftshoulder:b4,rightshoulder:b5,dpdown:b9,dpleft:b10,dpright:b11,dpup:b8,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,guide:b12,leftstick:b14,lefttrigger:b13,rightstick:b15,righttrigger:b16,start:b17,platform:Linux,
Last edited by AchillesPDX on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author AchillesPDX for the post:
Schyz (Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:18 am)

dgrace

Post by dgrace » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:22 am

jaykass wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:15 am
dgrace wrote:
I just installed batocera 5.26 on my odroid go advance. Everything is working great except I cannot for the life of me figure out how to exit out of emulators and return to home screen. I have to turn off odroid and turn back on in order to get out of a game. I tried all the admin buttons at the bottoms (Far Left + Far Right; Far Left + 2nd to Far Left, so on and so forth) and nothing works to get me back to front end.
The default hotkey is 'I' and the default exit key is 'VI' so pressing/holding I while pressing VI should exit the emulator. It works on mine (at least for RetroArch-based cores). Are you using a different emulator? Or perhaps you changed the default settings?
I played around the with the controller settings and finally figured it out thank you. But now I have a few other questions I was hoping people could help with.
1. Installed the naomi and atomowave bios zip in bios folder and it's hit and miss with Sega Naomi. Some Sega Naomi games work but Sega Atomiswave games never work. Anyone figure out a trick there? Did I miss a step or a bios?
2. The only N64 game I can get working is Super Mario N64. Anyone else able to get any other N64 games working? Just curious.
3. Is there a Sega Genesis working emulator for Odroid go advance? I can get working sega master system and sega master system (which I believe are different from just regular sega genesis). Or do you just put the Sega Genesis roms in on those rom folders and they work anyway? I didn't see a specific rom folder for sega genesis.
4. Is there a rom folder for Nintendo DS games and if not what to I title rom folder to get those games working? I've Nintendo DS games working on Youtube so i'm just curious how that works. Thanks

jaykass

Post by jaykass » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:00 am

dgrace wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:22 am
3. Is there a Sega Genesis working emulator for Odroid go advance? I can get working sega master system and sega master system (which I believe are different from just regular sega genesis). Or do you just put the Sega Genesis roms in on those rom folders and they work anyway? I didn't see a specific rom folder for sega genesis.
I can't speak to your other questions as I haven't played around with Naomi, N64, or DS on the OGA.
For Genesis, its probably using the megadrive folder as that was the world-wide name (and iirc, batocera started development in Europe).

abfile

Post by abfile » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:50 am

splash.png in root of boot (fat) partition. Multiple .pngs will make it pick a random one (just at boot...it will then use that same one until you reboot)
Hi, I'm still a noob to linux, etc. Could someone place explain where is the "root of boot (fat) partition"? I'm accessing my OGA through a SFTP client (Cyberduck) - so I need to know where it is in the file structure, not a command line. If it's the folder named "/boot," I get a "Read only file system" error every time I try to put a png in that folder.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tyrell78

Post by Tyrell78 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:50 am

Hi. After update to beta 25/06 I can not hear any sounds (volume increase/decrease buttons also doesn't work). Does anyone know how to activate sounds on this batocera version?

qbertaddict
ODROIDs: odroid, pi 3, 3b+, tinkerboard

Post by qbertaddict » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:02 am

Tyrell78 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:50 am
Hi. After update to beta 25/06 I can not hear any sounds (volume increase/decrease buttons also doesn't work). Does anyone know how to activate sounds on this batocera version?
Same issue here!

Eddo

Post by Eddo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:40 pm

Tyrell78 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:50 am
Sometimes pluging and unpluging a jack headphone solves audio issues. Give it a try.
Can you go back to non-beta build?

Tyrell78

Post by Tyrell78 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:07 pm

Yeah. I returned to stable and audio is back again. There is a new option to change audio codec (custom/auto/Rockchip) but it dosen't help. We need to wait for newer version of beta.

Karstone
ODROIDs: Odroid go advanced be

Post by Karstone » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:49 pm

Hello everyone, there is a new beta but the problem with the sound is still there.
https://batocera.org/upgrades/odroidgoa/beta/last/

abfile

Post by abfile » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:39 pm

AchillesPDX wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:35 am
Schyz wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm
Hi,

As PICO-8 is available recently as part of a really good deal (and very nice cause) at itch.io I wanted to get it running in the OGA. I had some challenges and I've seen I'm not the only one so I hope this post can help others.

First of all, you need to dowload pico-8_0.2.0i_raspi.zip, the Raspberry Pi version is the one that works on the OGA. Remember this is not free, you must have purchased PICO-8.

We have to create a folder for the PICO-8 software and another one for the cartridges in case we want to run some local games. In my case:

/userdata/roms/pico-8 <- here I put the carts
/userdata/bios/pico-8 <- here I put the contents of pico-8_0.2.0i_raspi.zip

I make all PICO-8 binaries files executable. There's no need to do it with the carts.
from ssh run:
chmod a+x /userdata/bios/pico-8/*
or tick the X flag for all files with "right-click -> properties" in WinSCP

In order to run PICO-8 from the ES interface, Batocera has a very neat feature that allows running custom scripts. Create the file pico-8.sh under /userdata/roms/ports (you might have to create that folder if it doesn't exist) with the following contents:

#!/bin/bash
/userdata/bios/pico-8/pico8_dyn -splore -home /userdata/bios/pico-8 -root_path /userdata/roms/pico-8 -joystick 0
There's one last issue to fix, PICO-8 doesn't recognise the input from OGA, to solve this problem we need to add/edit the file sdl_controllers.txt in /userdata/bios/pico-8 (it gets created on first run in the directory specified by the parameter -home) with the following content:

19000000010000000100000001010000,odroidgo2_joypad,a:b1,b:b0,x:b2,y:b3,leftshoulder:b4,rightshoulder:b5,dpdown:b7,dpleft:b8,dpright:b9,dpup:b6,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,guide:b10,leftstick:b12,lefttrigger:b11,rightstick:b13,righttrigger:b14,start:b15,platform:Linux,
(I have no idea if this will work with the new batch of OGA with 4 shoulder buttons)

Thanks to rcarillion for this trick, in order to exit pico-8 back to the ES interface you must have at least one game, then press start (VI) while selecting that game -> options -> shutdown pico-8.
If anyone in the future is looking for the controller mappings for the new OGA with the 4 shoulder buttons, I worked out this mapping:

19000000010000000200000011000000,odroidgo2_joypad_v11",a:b1,b:b0,x:b2,y:b3,leftshoulder:b4,rightshoulder:b5,dpdown:b9,dpleft:b10,dpright:b11,dpup:b8,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,guide:b12,leftstick:b14,lefttrigger:b13,rightstick:b15,righttrigger:b16,start:b17,platform:Linux,
Does anyone know how to modify the sdl_controllers.txt file so that you can use the joystick as a mouse on pico-8? (I want to play Slipways on the go...) Thanks for the help!

rijufrajo
ODROIDs: Odroid go advance Black

Post by rijufrajo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:55 pm

I allow him to contact you because I despair a little with the N64 emulation on OGA Black. I installed Batocera 5.26 but I would like to remap the keys for MUPEN64PLUS / GLIDE64MK2 because the commands are reversed on some games. How do you do it? Should you modify a .cfg file...? Can you help me ?
Thanks

ccouteiro

Post by ccouteiro » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:24 pm

I have a weird behaviour on mine . After playing a few times yesterday i turned it off. Today when i powered it , the menu is all desorganized, most of the system are not visible, it onhly appears 3 or 4 systems with 10 games most.
The only thing i did it , was , add a amiga 500 rom game ( jump and roll) . Now i have to flash it all again??! 2 hours again???!!

SilverLimit

Post by SilverLimit » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:56 am

ccouteiro wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:24 pm
I have a weird behaviour on mine . After playing a few times yesterday i turned it off. Today when i powered it , the menu is all desorganized, most of the system are not visible, it onhly appears 3 or 4 systems with 10 games most.
The only thing i did it , was , add a amiga 500 rom game ( jump and roll) . Now i have to flash it all again??! 2 hours again???!!
This happens to me anytime I manually transfer files the the SD. The card basically corrupts. Connecting via Wifi and doing all your transfers that way will avoid the issue.

Karstone

Post by Karstone » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:33 pm

First of all a thank you to the developers. With the 5.27 beta the sound is back. But the volume is reset when you restart.

Karstone

Post by Karstone » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:36 pm

ccouteiro wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:24 pm
I have also had this problem. For me the solution was that I reinstalled the boot files from the update. after that all games were available again.

Travbee
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance BE and CE

Post by Travbee » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:59 am

What's easiest way to update from 5.25 to latest?

Is there an internal update? Is there a download pack and I ssh files or something?

Very new to this still thanks!

Edit: so I was able to update fairly easily to 5.27

I quickly noticed L2/R2 aren't recognized?
Wifi doesn't seem to be recognized yet either?

Travbee
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance BE and CE

Post by Travbee » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:51 pm

Sloneborg wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:17 am
flowen8 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:24 pm
Sloneborg wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:38 pm
Hey I haven't heard a response yet but was seeing if anyone knows how to get the new shoulder button's and onboard wifi to work on my Odroid go advance 1.1 black edition without having to reflash the memory card. I did the manual upgrade the other day but had no luck with it. I have like 200 gb of roms already on my card and don't want to have to spend forever copying them over to it.
Since I don't have the new version, and can't test this myself, I am going to assume that the shoulder buttons aren't bound in emulation station.
To rebind the controls; first press f6 (far-right button on bottom); then goto controller settings; then configure a controller. After doing that it should hopefully work. If it isn't setup in retroarch. I can walk you through that later.

I can't help you with the wifi, except recommending that you try and turn the wifi on in the network settings menu under f6 if you haven't yet.
Yeah I have done that with no luck. I tried just doing a fresh install of one of my other memory and everything work liked it was supposed to. I tried just copying the files from that card to the old one but with no luck. Not sure if there is any files on the Linux side of things that I need to replace.

Did you ever figure this out?

I'm struggling with both issues you are.

SarahRW
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance: Black Edition

Post by SarahRW » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:39 am

Hi,

I'm having trouble running scummvm games. They run a bit slow and laggy. (ex. monkeys island 2) I just added the games to the rom folder, and made a scummvm file with the games exe listed. I'm not sure if there's some extra setup needed to get them to run properly? Thanks.

Return to “Projects”