Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance April 1st update!

Third party OS images and hardware mods
Desani
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-Go, Odroid-Go-Advance

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance March 08 update!

Unread post by Desani » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:43 pm

Hi Shanti,

3 bugs I noticed so far in the latest build:
1: At about the 10 minute mark after booting the Emuelec splash screen launches and then disappears with any keypress, almost like a hard coded screensaver. It has been an issue in the last couple of releases and shows up regardless of screensaver settings. I currently have the screensaver set to blank. I have noticed that even when playing a game, at about the 10 minute mark you will see the Emuelec splash screen for a split second after device start up.
2: The latest version had the wrong mappings of L and R in the PPSSPP emulator. I had to manually remap those keys for it to work correctly.
3. The analog values provided by diagonal movement when I do a controller test go from 0.0 to 1.0 and for up/down/left/right I can see values close to 1.0, IE 0.965 but for diagonal movement, I see values that are closer to 0.700 and it is affecting movement in at least one game I was testing. I am not sure if this is a hardware issue or an issue with all builds as I have only ever tested Emuelec.

I am not sure if it is just an issue with my build as I started with the first build an then upgraded each time there was an update available. So it could have been an issue that was carried over from the base build.

Eyeball37
ODROIDs: Go Advance

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:52 pm

Iamno1 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:11 pm
CISKO wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:11 pm
Atari 5200 works perfect without modifying files, just add the bios, the core that Shanti put and play.

I have tried five games.
It was working for me before and then suddenly stopped working...
Do you think we would go through all these testing if it was working flawlessly ?
Please comment if you have a solution, not to make us look like we are wrong, it may work for you and not for others.

Fully agreed.

Seeing as it’s working for some and not for others shows that there is a problem somewhere.

If yours is working then fantastic, however it would still be nice to possibly offer to compare files to see where the issue may lie, not to simply state yours is working and offer no support to those whose isn’t.
These users thanked the author Eyeball37 for the post:
Iamno1 (Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:00 am)

Iamno1
languages_spoken: francais,english,some japanese
ODROIDs: Odroid Go, Odroid Go Advance

Unread post by Iamno1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:01 am

Eyeball37 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:52 pm
Iamno1 wrote:
CISKO wrote:
Atari 5200 works perfect without modifying files, just add the bios, the core that Shanti put and play.

I have tried five games.
Do you think we would go through all these testing if it was working flawlessly ?
Please comment if you have a solution, not to make us look like we are wrong, it may work for you and not for others.

Fully agreed.

Seeing as it’s working for some and not for others shows that there is a problem somewhere.

If yours is working then fantastic, however it would still be nice to possibly offer to compare files to see where the issue may lie, not to simply state yours is working and offer no support to those whose isn’t.
What is bugging me is the fact that you did a full reflash and get the same issue.
After your fresh reflash did you change any files other than the core provided by Shanti ?

I am not using 5200 that much but I am OCD and now I want it to work flawlessly too! lol

Eyeball37

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:26 am

Iamno1 wrote:
CISKO wrote:

I have tried five games.
OMG I think I have sussed it! Now I installed the latest retroarena to my spare card, installed the bios files and roms. Now this emulator is stand alone so I set up the bios and rom locations through the front end of the emulator........ the launch of the game done nothing and kicked me out.... FAIL!

I then went back to the desktop and compared the two .cfg files. The differences I found was that on the emuelec .cfg file there were two extra bios files listed named;

BASIC_Rev_A.rom

&

BASIC_Rev_B.rom

I thought what the hell, I’ll search for those and install them into the bios location file for retroarena.

So out comes the SD, put it into the device, load it up and launch Moon Patrol.a52 unzipped........ and........

It works!!!!

I’ve yet to test whether installing these two extra bios files will make the difference in emuelec, but will post back here once I’ve tried it.

Just got excited and wanted to update you on today’s trials for 5200 lol

juju123
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by juju123 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:30 am

Hi,

if i use .tar to make an update of the Emuelec Os do you know if i loose my roms, themes, boxarts, emulationstation config file after the update process ??

I read the 1st post but dont understand all.. Thanks.

Iamno1

Unread post by Iamno1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:41 am

Eyeball37 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:26 am
Iamno1 wrote:
CISKO wrote:

I have tried five games.
OMG I think I have sussed it! Now I installed the latest retroarena to my spare card, installed the bios files and roms. Now this emulator is stand alone so I set up the bios and rom locations through the front end of the emulator........ the launch of the game done nothing and kicked me out.... FAIL!

I then went back to the desktop and compared the two .cfg files. The differences I found was that on the emuelec .cfg file there were two extra bios files listed named;

BASIC_Rev_A.rom

&

BASIC_Rev_B.rom

I thought what the hell, I’ll search for those and install them into the bios location file for retroarena.

So out comes the SD, put it into the device, load it up and launch Moon Patrol.a52 unzipped........ and........

It works!!!!

I’ve yet to test whether installing these two extra bios files will make the difference in emuelec, but will post back here once I’ve tried it.

Can you share the files with me in PM ?
Including the atari800.cfg

npaladin2000

Unread post by npaladin2000 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:53 am

juju123 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:30 am
Hi,

if i use .tar to make an update of the Emuelec Os do you know if i loose my roms, themes, boxarts, emulationstation config file after the update process ??

I read the 1st post but dont understand all.. Thanks.
It's an in-place non-destructive update. You don't lose anything.

Eyeball37

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:11 am

Iamno1 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:41 am
Eyeball37 wrote:
Iamno1 wrote:
CISKO wrote:

I have tried five games.

BASIC_Rev_A.rom

&

BASIC_Rev_B.rom

It works!!!!

Of course I can. Let me confirm it works and then I will get them sent across to you 👍
Iamno1 (Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:15 am)

Eyeball37

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:10 am

Eyeball37 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:11 am
Iamno1 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:41 am
Eyeball37 wrote:
Iamno1 wrote:
CISKO wrote:

I have tried five games.

BASIC_Rev_A.rom

&

BASIC_Rev_B.rom

It works!!!!

Of course I can. Let me confirm it works and then I will get them sent across to you 👍
Nope!

Whilst the 5200 now works flawlessly on Retroarena, the same extra bios and exact same files still make no difference in emuelec.

I really want this to be my go to everything build, and it appears that the stand alone emulator for the 5200/800 is working on RA3, so would it be possible to remove the problematic Libretro emulator used on Emuelec and instead use the stand alone one?

And if yes, could someone explain how I can do this and as to which files I would need, and also which files would need amending to get it to run the same as it does on the other os.

Thanks

CISKO
ODROIDs: go advance

Unread post by CISKO » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:07 am

Atari 5200 works perfectly on Emuelec, only add the bios.

Eyeball37

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:37 am

CISKO wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:07 am
Atari 5200 works perfectly on Emuelec, only add the bios.
Correction, it works perfectly for you!

For many others it either works occasionally or not at all!

If your knowledge doesn’t extend past stating that yours works, and add bios, then simply don’t comment!

This forum is designed to help and inform users of problems, to be able to find answers and fixes.

Your replies do neither
Iamno1 (Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:21 am)

Iamno1

Unread post by Iamno1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:15 am

I just experienced something weird.
I added this line to the atari800.cfg: ROM_OS_B_NTSC=/storage/roms/bios/ATARIOSB.ROM
Then, all games started without issues (I tried at least 15 of them)
Then I rebooted the system and now nothing works.
I am now certain that another cfg file is written somewhere...

Then I tried something, I scanned for every atari800.cfg files in storage and removed them. Tried a game and checked back to see if a atari800.cfg was created and yes. So a script is creating the default file.

Can someone with a working setup, create a pack including at least 3 different game roms, all the bios needed and, if possible, the atari800.cfg ?

Also, CISKO, I tried your bios pack and have the same issues. It does not seems to be related to bioses or roms.
These users thanked the author Iamno1 for the post:
Eyeball37 (Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:22 am)

CISKO

Unread post by CISKO » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:57 am

In my case:

-Add the core that shanti posted
-Add the bios

Nothing else.

the only thing that I have not done has been to modify the atari800.cfg, in my case it has not been necessary for the atari 5200, I have not tried atari800

It should work for everyone if these steps are followed because I repeat, we all use the same build. I did a fresh install with the last version, not update.

I have tried five games with a.52 extensión and ok.

Iamno1

Unread post by Iamno1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:43 am

CISKO wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:57 am
In my case:

-Add the core that shanti posted
-Add the bios

Nothing else.

the only thing that I have not done has been to modify the atari800.cfg, in my case it has not been necessary for the atari 5200, I have not tried atari800

It should work for everyone if these steps are followed because I repeat, we all use the same build. I did a fresh install with the last version, not update.

I have tried five games with a.52 extensión and ok.
I did try with a fresh flashed card using Shanti core and 5200.rom but get the same issue.
The atari800.cfg, even if its modified, should run. The file gets recreated once deleted anyway.
Also, I understand your point about the fact that we are all on the same image but it seems that there is something wrong here because to talk your way, I repeat, I tried with a fresh install on a fresh card.
But I will try again...

Iamno1

Unread post by Iamno1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:32 am

I managed to make 5200 work every times after a fresh flashing on another card.
I took every files (atari800.cfg, bioses...) and imported them in my current build and its not working.
I can't imagine myself doing a full reflash of the latest version. I have a LOT of roms and this would take me a full day to do...
There must be some kind of files that do not get changed after an update with the .tar.
But what is it ?...

Funny thing, every games launch when I press A during boot up.

retrogamemonkey
ODROIDs: odriod-go

Unread post by retrogamemonkey » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:11 pm

Iamno1 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:13 pm
Eyeball37 wrote:
Desani wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:58 pm
juju123 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:53 pm
Hi!

Do you know if i Can play some Game and Watch games in Emuelec ?

I Say that because when i put the games in 'gw' directory and refresh my gamelist it doesnt appear in the menu.. Can someone help me please?
Hi juju123,

I had the same issue as you. I think the folder gw is reserved for another emulator. I used or created the folder: gameandwatch and put my files in there and they were picked up fine by Emulec
How about Pokemon mini? Theme is there
Create a folder called: pokemini
If you want to know the name of each folder, look for the es_system.cfg file, its all in there.
I tried this for pokemon mini and it doesn't work. I also looked in the es_system.cfg file and pokemon mini is not listed there. Am I missing something?

juju123

Unread post by juju123 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi people !

Do you know if i Can play games on PlayStation in .Chd format ??

Thx!

CISKO

Unread post by CISKO » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:46 pm

juju123 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:25 pm
Hi people !

Do you know if i Can play games on PlayStation in .Chd format ??

Thx!
no problem, I use chd v5

juju123

Unread post by juju123 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:01 pm

Ok its great, i think i also use it for saturn games.

Iamno1

Unread post by Iamno1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:29 pm

retrogamemonkey wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:11 pm
Iamno1 wrote:
Eyeball37 wrote:
Desani wrote:
juju123 wrote:
Hi!

I Say that because when i put the games in 'gw' directory and refresh my gamelist it doesnt appear in the menu.. Can someone help me please?
Hi juju123,

I had the same issue as you. I think the folder gw is reserved for another emulator. I used or created the folder: gameandwatch and put my files in there and they were picked up fine by Emulec
If you want to know the name of each folder, look for the es_system.cfg file, its all in there.
I tried this for pokemon mini and it doesn't work. I also looked in the es_system.cfg file and pokemon mini is not listed there. Am I missing something?
Are you using the latest version of Emuelec ?

ducadan

Unread post by ducadan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:41 pm

i've installed Drastic through the scripts menu, but i don't see the the "Screeen scaling" option in "configure options" . Did i install somehow an older version of Drastic? How to i get the latest one, if not from the script menu?. In a post here i see that you can use only one of the DS screens, and enlarged, but i don't see any options for that :(
Thx to the developers for their hard work.

EDIT: Ok i found out about that display "one screen only" . Its the "Screen orientation" set to" Single" . And then go to "Configure controls"> Extra Controls> Swap Screens and set up a button so you can swap between the 2 DS screens that are now full screens on the OGA
EDIT2: Doesn't seam to be enough buttons to add the Save/Load game buttons too; key combinations would be nice if were implemented in the emulator. If i try to save and then load from the menu, i get a white screen. I get a white screen when i return from the Drastic menu, even if don't do anything in the menu.

Cg2005
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance

Unread post by Cg2005 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:24 pm

ducadan wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:41 pm
i've installed Drastic through the scripts menu, but i don't see the the "Screeen scaling" option in "configure options" . Did i install somehow an older version of Drastic? How to i get the latest one, if not from the script menu?. In a post here i see that you can use only one of the DS screens, and enlarged, but i don't see any options for that :(
Thx to the developers for their hard work.

EDIT: Ok i found out about that display "one screen only" . Its the "Screen orientation" set to" Single" . And then go to "Configure controls"> Extra Controls> Swap Screens and set up a button so you can swap between the 2 DS screens that are now full screens on the OGA
EDIT2: Doesn't seam to be enough buttons to add the Save/Load game buttons too; key combinations would be nice if were implemented in the emulator. If i try to save and then load from the menu, i get a white screen. I get a white screen when i return from the Drastic menu, even if don't do anything in the menu.
The way I have my buttons mapped are: I: Load State, II: Save State, III: Swap between vertical/horizontal + Select, IV: Start, V: Swap between screens, VI: Stylus touch input.

With this configuration, I have yet to find a game that I can't manage to play effectively.
These users thanked the author Cg2005 for the post:
ducadan (Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:57 am)

retrogamemonkey

Unread post by retrogamemonkey » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:19 am

Iamno1 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:29 pm
retrogamemonkey wrote:
Iamno1 wrote:
Eyeball37 wrote:
Desani wrote:
juju123 wrote:
Hi!

Hi juju123,

Yes, updated via .tar file.

Iamno1

Unread post by Iamno1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:23 am

retrogamemonkey wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:19 am
Iamno1 wrote:
retrogamemonkey wrote:
Iamno1 wrote:
Eyeball37 wrote:
Desani wrote:
juju123 wrote:
Hi!

Hi juju123,

Check es_system.cfg in /storage/.config/emulationstation and if pokemini is not there add this:

Code: Select all

<system>
    <name>pokemini</name>
    <fullname>Pokemon Mini</fullname>
    <path>/storage/roms/pokemini</path>
    <extension>.min .MIN .zip .ZIP .7z .7Z</extension>
    <command>/emuelec/scripts/emuelecRunEmu.sh %ROM% -P%SYSTEM% --controllers="%CONTROLLERSCONFIG%"</command>
    <platform>pokemini</platform>
    <theme>pokemini</theme>
  </system>
Then check in /storage/.config/emulationstation/scripts for the files called getcores.sh
And search for Pokemini. If its not there add this:

"pokemini")
	CORES="pokemini_libretro"
	;;
Place it just over "psp"|"pspminis"

CISKO

Unread post by CISKO » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:49 am

Has anyone tried saturn in the new version and are the in-game controls going? I have added the core, the games start but I have this problem. In the previous version they did work for me and I don't remember that I made any extra modifications

shanti
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2

Unread post by shanti » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 am

Desani wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:43 pm
Hi Shanti,

3 bugs I noticed so far in the latest build:
1: At about the 10 minute mark after booting the Emuelec splash screen launches and then disappears with any keypress, almost like a hard coded screensaver. It has been an issue in the last couple of releases and shows up regardless of screensaver settings. I currently have the screensaver set to blank. I have noticed that even when playing a game, at about the 10 minute mark you will see the Emuelec splash screen for a split second after device start up.
2: The latest version had the wrong mappings of L and R in the PPSSPP emulator. I had to manually remap those keys for it to work correctly.
3. The analog values provided by diagonal movement when I do a controller test go from 0.0 to 1.0 and for up/down/left/right I can see values close to 1.0, IE 0.965 but for diagonal movement, I see values that are closer to 0.700 and it is affecting movement in at least one game I was testing. I am not sure if this is a hardware issue or an issue with all builds as I have only ever tested Emuelec.

I am not sure if it is just an issue with my build as I started with the first build an then upgraded each time there was an update available. So it could have been an issue that was carried over from the base build.
1.- I have no idea why this happens, I have noticed it (it is also on the known bugs list on the first post) does anyone know if this also happens on other distros?
2.- Ppsspp uses the hard coded mapping from the go2 version of the emulator, no remapping has been done
3.- again, no idea, try other distros and compare?

juju123

Unread post by juju123 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:21 am

Hello!

Do you know if in this machine i Can play some Openbor games ?

If yes, in what directory put the .pak games? Thx again! ;)

Iamno1

Unread post by Iamno1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:45 am

juju123 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:21 am
Hello!

Do you know if in this machine i Can play some Openbor games ?

If yes, in what directory put the .pak games? Thx again! ;)
JUJU123 you ask, you ask, you ask but did you take the time to look inside of your sd card ?
Most folders are already there. If you are not sure look at your es_system.cfg

retrogamemonkey

Unread post by retrogamemonkey » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:14 am

Iamno1 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:23 am
retrogamemonkey wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:19 am
Iamno1 wrote:
retrogamemonkey wrote:
Iamno1 wrote:
Eyeball37 wrote:
Desani wrote:
juju123 wrote:
Hi!

Hi juju123,

Check es_system.cfg in /storage/.config/emulationstation and if pokemini is not there add this:

<system>
    <name>pokemini</name>
    <fullname>Pokemon Mini</fullname>
    <path>/storage/roms/pokemini</path>
    <extension>.min .MIN .zip .ZIP .7z .7Z</extension>
    <command>/emuelec/scripts/emuelecRunEmu.sh %ROM% -P%SYSTEM% --controllers="%CONTROLLERSCONFIG%"</command>
    <platform>pokemini</platform>
    <theme>pokemini</theme>
  </system>
Then check in /storage/.config/emulationstation/scripts for the files called getcores.sh
And search for Pokemini. If its not there add this:

"pokemini")
	CORES="pokemini_libretro"
	;;
Place it just over "psp"|"pspminis"
That worked, thank you so much!

eventhorizon669
ODROIDs: C2, HC1, GO Advance
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by eventhorizon669 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:00 am

Where can I find the Emuelec source code used to generate the ODROID GO Advance images linked in this thread? I see 200+ forks of the base project and would like to get the right one.

Apologies if this has already been asked before, but I did not find an answer while searching the forums.

npaladin2000

Unread post by npaladin2000 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:31 pm

eventhorizon669 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:00 am
Where can I find the Emuelec source code used to generate the ODROID GO Advance images linked in this thread? I see 200+ forks of the base project and would like to get the right one.

Apologies if this has already been asked before, but I did not find an answer while searching the forums.
Should be right here: https://github.com/EmuELEC/EmuELEC/blob ... /README.md

Iamno1

Unread post by Iamno1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:37 pm

CISKO wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:49 am
Has anyone tried saturn in the new version and are the in-game controls going? I have added the core, the games start but I have this problem. In the previous version they did work for me and I don't remember that I made any extra modifications
Where did you grab the Beetle-Saturn core for the OGA ?
The core is not referenced in getcores.sh and es_system.cfg
It must be crazy slow...

CISKO

Unread post by CISKO » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 am

Iamno1 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:37 pm
CISKO wrote:
It must be crazy slow...
I have several videos and you would be surprised. The core is yaba sanshiro.

Iamno1

Unread post by Iamno1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:26 am

CISKO wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 am
Iamno1 wrote:
CISKO wrote:
It must be crazy slow...
Ok, and where are these video's I would like to see them.
If its working well I am highly interested.
CISKO (Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:30 am)

thatvinylgeek
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by thatvinylgeek » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:57 am

CISKO wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 am
Iamno1 wrote:
CISKO wrote:
It must be crazy slow...
That's good to know!

I tried several Saturn games with Retro Arena and every one had really bad performance to the point that they were unplayable :-(

What have you managed to get running?

CISKO

Unread post by CISKO » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 am

some games, with auto frameskip, are "playable" :D

https://sendvid.com/sfcw2xpz

https://sendvid.com/74gwabkx

Iamno1

Unread post by Iamno1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:13 am

CISKO wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 am

You added the entry in es_system.cfg and getcores.sh only or did you have to modify emuelecRunEmu.sh ?

CISKO

Unread post by CISKO » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:16 am

Iamno1 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:13 am
CISKO wrote:

You added the entry in es_system.cfg and getcores.sh only or did you have to modify emuelecRunEmu.sh ?
es_systems and getcores

Iamno1

Unread post by Iamno1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:30 am

CISKO wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:16 am
Iamno1 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:13 am
CISKO wrote:

es_systems and getcores
Does not work on my side...
Heres are the bios I have: saturn_bios.bin, sega_101.bin, mpr-17933.bin, mpr-18811-mx.ic1, mpr-19367-mx.ic1
Here is my es_system.cfg entry:

<system>
    <name>saturn</name>
    <fullname>Sega Saturn</fullname>
    <path>/storage/roms/saturn</path>
    <extension>.cue .CUE .iso .ISO .ccd .CCD .chd .CHD .zip .ZIP</extension>
    <command>/usr/bin/emuelecRunEmu.sh %ROM% -P%SYSTEM% --controllers="%CONTROLLERSCONFIG%"</command>
    <platform>saturn</platform>
    <theme>saturn</theme>
  </system>
And my getcores.sh:

"saturn")
	CORES="mednafen_saturn_libretro,yabasanshiro_libretro,yabause_libretro,"
	;;
Anything you did differently ?
If its all the same, where did you get yabasanshiro_libretro.so or yabause_libretro.so ?
warukimedesu (Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 pm)

CISKO

Unread post by CISKO » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:10 am

this one
Attachments
core yaba sanshiro.rar
(581.28 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
These users thanked the author CISKO for the post (total 4):
Iamno1 (Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:29 am) • hendrickchan (Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:48 am) • warukimedesu (Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 pm) • Cg2005 (Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:14 pm)

Iamno1

Unread post by Iamno1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:29 am

CISKO wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:10 am
this one
Work like a charm ! Thanks!
Did you try many titles ?

Cg2005

Unread post by Cg2005 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:13 am

I might be overlooking something very simple, but I cannot get controls working for Saturn. All the games load, but input is not recognized. I have to do a hard shutdown each time. I then tried booting into Retroarch directly to load the Yaba Sanshiro core and configure the controls from there, saved them, then loaded a game but again, no success. Any ideas?

hendrickchan

Unread post by hendrickchan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:49 am

CISKO wrote:
this one
Thanks for this, would you have the yabause_libretro.so and mednafen_saturn_libretr.so as well?

Thanks.

Iamno1

Unread post by Iamno1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:17 am

CISKO wrote:
this one
You are right, no controls with this core yet.
This is probably why it was not included in the latest release.
I will look later to see if I can find a way to make them work.

warukimedesu

Unread post by warukimedesu » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:30 pm

Paying close attention to these developments for Saturn. I just want to be able to play Shining Force III, Policenauts, Dragon Force 1 & 2, and the other Saturn RPGs on my OGA (although I guess Panzer Dragoon Saga would be totally out of the question)...

CISKO

Unread post by CISKO » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:20 pm

Iamno1 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:17 am
CISKO wrote:
this one
You are right, no controls with this core yet.
This is probably why it was not included in the latest release.
I will look later to see if I can find a way to make them work.
I already have the controls working, watch my videos.

Yabause libretro works very bad.

Eyeball37

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:32 pm

Will a Mame 0.217 merged work with Naomi and Atomiswave on the go advance 2?

I have all the relevant Mame bios files to go in the dc folder, just want to know if it’s now as simple as copy over the game .zip files to the relevant rom folders, or if I need a different version set?

Thanks

hendrickchan

Unread post by hendrickchan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:19 pm

Eyeball37 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:32 pm

I have all the relevant Mame bios files to go in the dc folder, just want to know if it’s now as simple as copy over the game .zip files to the relevant rom folders, or if I need a different version set?

Thanks
I tried Mame 0.219 merged, and they don't work.

Eyeball37

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:28 pm

hendrickchan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:19 pm
Eyeball37 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:32 pm

Thanks
I tried Mame 0.219 merged, and they don't work.

That’s the very latest set I believe. Maybe the core is not updated for that yet as it was only released 29.02.20. Have you since tried any others?

CISKO

Unread post by CISKO » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:04 pm

I use mame romset for naomi/atomiswave but now I don´t remember version.

Return to “Projects”