psx crashes on startup and how to remap buttons

bunny
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: oDroid Go, Go Advanced, and an Ultra

psx crashes on startup and how to remap buttons

Post by bunny »

I have an older original Go Advance, reformatted the memory card to the newest 2.2 image.
First received the PSX error of no bios, just to check where it wanted them, and put all the bios files I have (12 or so, because I found multiple posts in this forum stating which I needed, and they were all different, so I just put all of them, but thats how I had it before with version 1.1v img file).
Now when I click a PSX game, it starts to load, but then crashes back out to the menu screen.
Ive checked the "etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg" and its already marked to load ".cue" files, (I found a post in here saying thats what I needed to change.)
Every system from NES-Dreamcast loads up, but I cant get PSX to work.

--Another Thing:
I was reading the release notes of the different Advance image files, and it says on 2.2 that the joystick was disabled for PSX. Does that mean I can load up 2.1v or one of the other previous images to get joystick to work in PSX?
It will cause issues in some games? I read it mentioned Gran Turismo 1, and thats one of the games I like to play.

--Also
I wanted to know where do I need to go to change the n64 button mapping, is it "opt/mupen64plus/Inputautocfg.ini" ?
I thought I read something that says its already been changed to make the C buttons the A/B/X/Y, but that is not the case for me.
When I open that file, there is a HUGE list of controllers, and I am not sure which one I need to modify for the Go Advance.
Also, where can I find a list of the names or numbers for the button mapping (hoping to also do the same change on my odroid Ultra)

crashoverride
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1
Has thanked: 0

Re: psx crashes on startup and how to remap buttons

Post by crashoverride »

bunny wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:08 am
First received the PSX error of no bios, just to check where it wanted them, and put all the bios files I have (12 or so, because I found multiple posts in this forum stating which I needed, and they were all different, so I just put all of them, but thats how I had it before with version 1.1v img file).
When the BIOS is missing. A message indicating which file is required is displayed. Try removing the other files and ensure only the one specified in the message is present. This is the BIOS file that is tested and known to work.
bunny wrote:
Now when I click a PSX game, it starts to load, but then crashes back out to the menu screen.
Ensure there is not a previous ".sav" or ".srm" file present. This prevents a corrupted state from being restored. Also, ensure the BIOS file is not corrupted. It should be named "SCPH1001.BIN" and have a MD5 checksum of "924E392ED05558FFDB115408C263DCCF". Changes to the "es_systems.cfg" file can also prevent a game from starting.
bunny wrote:
I was reading the release notes of the different Advance image files, and it says on 2.2 that the joystick was disabled for PSX. Does that mean I can load up 2.1v or one of the other previous images to get joystick to work in PSX?
The release notes state the following:
Disable PS1 analog stick support in RetroRun. Fixes issue with games not compatible with dual analog stick controllers.
The PS1 had two different controllers. One is digital, the other is analog. Support for analog controllers was removed to resolve issues reported by the community with certain games.
bunny wrote:
I wanted to know where do I need to go to change the n64 button mapping, is it "opt/mupen64plus/Inputautocfg.ini" ?
Controller remapping is not supported in any of the reference images. This is intentional and ensures that reported issues are reproducible. It also ensures, that a non-working configuring will not accidentally be created.

The N64 mapping was based on community feedback. It can be found here:
https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/m ... #L518-L538

Return to “General Topics”