ROMS-Directory in Nextcloud

MagTheRose
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: Odroid C1, Odroid Go Advance

ROMS-Directory in Nextcloud

Post by MagTheRose »

Since there's Ubuntu on the Odroid, there should be a Nextcloud-CLI available thru apt.

What about checking out the /roms - directory thru Nextcloud? So I can download/manage the roms on my Desktop and it's automatically synced to the odroid, everytime there is a valid wifi connection. :ugeek: So there's no need to manually copy new Roms.
In a second share, why not syncing the save states from the home-directory, too... So, it would be easy to backup the whole Odroid-Settings in case the SD-card is damaged or has to be replaced by a larger one...

GldRush98
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID-Go, ODROID-Go Advance Black Edition

Re: ROMS-Directory in Nextcloud

Post by GldRush98 »

Sure, lots of options are available since it's running full Ubuntu underneath. I'm using rclone myself to sync roms, and I have a script in the "Configuration" section that I can make backups/restore backups with, that also copies them off to my nas. Lots of possibilities since it's basically a linux pc with wifi access :)
These users thanked the author GldRush98 for the post:
MagTheRose (Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:06 pm)

MagTheRose

Post by MagTheRose »

But the OGA doesn't have an x86, so I have to ensure that there's a nextcloud build for the architecture?
I'm pretty sure, that the home-directory will work as a symlink, does this also apply to the /roms directory?

MagTheRose

Post by MagTheRose »

Okay, it seemed to work, so I can disable the open access via Samba... Had to struggle a bit with the setuid, setgid, and sticky bit, since roms and home have different permissions which should be set corretly when roms are added via cloud...

Return to “General Topics”