I've built Netboot installers for ODROID-N2, Netboot installer is a tiny Linux system intended to install an OS while downloading all packages through a network. Therefore, your ODROID-N2must be able to connect to a public network. The installation time would depend on the network performance but you would be able to customize and update OS while installing.
The current installer will install Linux v4.9 with U-boot v2015.01, they are all official kernel and U-boot from Hardkernel but kernel configuration could be slightly different. The Linux kernel source to build the package is in my github, https://github.com/tobetter/linux/commi ... idn2-4.9.y.
- Debian 9 (Stretch) - EOL
1. Download the installer image from the link and flash to SD card.
2. Change the value in 'preseed.ini' with your PC for installation setup such as OS storage, default account/password. By default, the installer will start automatically and it will use 'odroid'/'odroid' for the default account/password,
3. Attach eMMC or USB storage that you want to install an OS.
4. Attach an HDMI cable and USB keyboard.
5. Power up with Petitboot to select the installer on SD card and follow the installer menus
Installing from the Petitboot.
Petitboot (later than v20200224) can provide the Netboot Installer on it. Please note this installation will let you install manually.
1. Attach eMMC or SD or USB storage where you want to install.
2. Attach USB keyboard and HDMI display, and power on after ensuring the boot select switch is at "SPI".
3. From the Petitboot menu, select "Exit to shell"
4. Run the command
Code: Select all
Buy me a coffee if you like my efforts and keep moving forward.