languages_spoken: french,english,spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2+
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Petitboot, yet another bootloader based on KEXEC

Post by efdeb »

madbrain wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 12:50 pm
Installed dev.20220317 on my Odroid N2+ . When it boots, it no longer detects a keyboard, or any storage device. I am unable to do anything with it.
At first, I thought it might be a regression with KVM compatibility. I use an Iogear GCS1104 . But I connected the keyboard directly to the N2+, and reset it, and still had the same problem. Looks like there is a problem with this release. I'm going to try to revert to the previous version with SD card.
I had the same problem after installing 20220317 on my Odroid N2+. With SPI enabled I boot to petitboot screen and cannot do nothing since the USB keyboard don't work. I just replaced this keyboard (Cherry Stream 3.0) by another one (Dell KB1421) and everything is OK now. Strange, but true !!!

madbrain
languages_spoken: English, Français
ODROIDs: XU4, N2+

Post by madbrain »

efdeb wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:34 am
I had the same problem after installing 20220317 on my Odroid N2+. With SPI enabled I boot to petitboot screen and cannot do nothing since the USB keyboard don't work. I just replaced this keyboard (Cherry Stream 3.0) by another one (Dell KB1421) and everything is OK now. Strange, but true !!!
Unfortunately for me, my N2+ USB 3.0 port died. The front OTG port still works, but it's only USB 2.0 . I am unable to fix it myself. It would require someone much more skilled with a soldering iron, and without macular degeneration. If anyone wants to buy an N2+ in this state, PM me.

sshock
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C2, and N2

Post by sshock »

Hi @tobetter. Do you know if there is any known issues with udhcpc?

The reason I ask is because I've noticed that sometimes during boot, where it runs udhcpc from userscript.sh, it doesn't work. It just repeats this over and over:

Code: Select all

udhcpc: sending discover
I would consider blaming my DHCP server, except that 1. No other devices (pc, laptop, tablet, phone) have any trouble getting an IP address, and 2. I am seeing this problem both at home and at work.

I tried viewing network packets in wireshark, but I must have been doing something wrong because I don't see the DHCP discover packets...

Update: It appears the problem has something to do with it being run from userscript. I have a device that currently is running into the problem every time I boot. I tried rebooting 20 times and every time it gets stuck on "udhcpc: sending discover". So then I removed my userscript.sh and booted to the petitboot menu; from there I exited to the shell and run `udhcpc` manually. It ran perfectly and immediately got an IP address! After that, I put the userscript.sh back in place and rebooted and then it was able to obtain an IP address from the userscript. However, that only worked once! I rebooted again and the problem came back and now it is happening again every time :(

Update 2: Here is a clue maybe: I noticed when running udhcpc from the userscript it always shows this error: pb-event: send: No such file or directory, whereas when running it directly from the shell it's not only faster but also never shows that error.

Update 3: I'm really confused. Now am I seeing the problem even when running udhcpc from the shell...

Return to “Projects”