Petitboot, yet another bootloader based on KEXEC

RobRam
languages_spoken: english

Re: Petitboot, yet another bootloader based on KEXEC

Post by RobRam »

Update: after reading the entire thread... O_o
This seems to be related to the black screen issue - blue pulse seems to be working and usb mouse led is turned on.
I've tried several options to change the DVI video resolution to one the Samsung S22B300H monitor supports on the Recovery uSD Image (eMMC mode).

Code: Select all

[u-boot]
hdmimode=1280x1024p60hz
I've also tried with just a petitboot.cfg on a uSD (SPI mode) with:

[petitboot]
hdmimode=1280x1024p60hz
No matter what I try, I just get a blank screen.

The Samsung S22B300H monitor should support any of the following, but I'm not getting any success:
Display Mode Horizontal, Frequency (kHz), Vertical Frequency, (Hz) Pixel Clock (MHz), Sync Polarity (H/V)
VESA, 640 X 480 31.469 59.940 25.175 -/-
VESA, 640 x 480 37.861 72.809 31.500 -/-
VESA, 640 x 480 37.500 75.000 31.500 -/-
VESA, 800 x 600 35.156 56.250 36.000 +/+
VESA, 800 x 600 37.879 60.317 40.000 +/+
VESA, 800 x 600 48.077 72.188 50.000 +/+
VESA, 800 x 600 46.875 75.000 49.500 +/+
VESA, 1024 x 768 48.363 60.004 65.000 -/-
VESA, 1024 x 768 56.476 70.069 75.000 -/-
VESA, 1024 x 768 60.023 75.029 78.750 +/+
VESA, 1152 x 864 67.500 75.000 108.000 +/+
VESA, 1280 X 720 45.000 60.000 74.250 +/+
VESA, 1280 x 800 49.702 59.810 83.500 -/+
VESA, 1280 x 1024 63.981 60.020 108.000 +/+
VESA, 1280 x 1024 79.976 75.025 135.000 +/+
VESA, 1440 x 900 55.935 59.887 106.500 -/+
VESA, 1600 X 900 60.000 60.000 108.000 +/+
VESA, 1680 X 1050 65.290 59.954 146.250 -/+
VESA, 1920 X 1080 67.500 60.000 148.500 +/+

I'm not 100% sure it's booting though... ? - blue pulse and mouse led is on.
I've tried SSH and getting a Connection Refused rather than a timeout, but I seem to recall another thread indicating that there is no SSH server in Petitboot. Merely interesting it was refused.

I've also tried with a NEX 2490WUXi monitor, which also didn't work.
I'm wondering if it's the hdmi cable into a DVI converter then into the monitor ?

Would a monitor that natively supports HDMI input perhaps be a better bet ?

tobetter
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: Many

Post by tobetter »

RobRam wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:07 am

[u-boot]
hdmimode=1280x1024p60hz
I've also tried with just a petitboot.cfg on a uSD (SPI mode) with:

[petitboot]
hdmimode=1280x1024p60hz
No matter what I try, I just get a blank screen.
"hdmimode" must be in "u-boot" section, not in "petitboot" and let's see if these two values to your "petitboot.cfg" will turn on your monitor.

voutmode=dvi
disablehpd=true
Do you know what's the exact version of the Petitboot?
These users thanked the author tobetter for the post:
RobRam (Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:58 pm)

RobRam

Post by RobRam »

I added the following to the recovery image (20211112) petitboot.cfg file:

[u-boot]
hdmimode=480p60hz
overwrite=false
voutmode=dvi
disablehpd=true
Set switch to eMMC and got the same result, the DVI monitor just gives a blank screen, with blue pulse active on N2+.

I hooked up the wife's monitor that has direct hdmi in, and immediately got to the Petitboot menu (dev.20211112).
Debian 11 now installed via netboot and Xfce installed... nice!

Replaced old monitor and it now boots fine to Xfce through DVI off the eMMC... but still won't show the Petitboot.

I've got a 2nd N2+, let me know if you want me to continue to trouble shoot the DVI issue.

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

RobRam wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:55 pm
I added the following to the recovery image (20211112) petitboot.cfg file:

[u-boot]
hdmimode=480p60hz
overwrite=false
voutmode=dvi
disablehpd=true
Set switch to eMMC and got the same result, the DVI monitor just gives a blank screen, with blue pulse active on N2+.

I hooked up the wife's monitor that has direct hdmi in, and immediately got to the Petitboot menu (dev.20211112).
Debian 11 now installed via netboot and Xfce installed... nice!

Replaced old monitor and it now boots fine to Xfce through DVI off the eMMC... but still won't show the Petitboot.

I've got a 2nd N2+, let me know if you want me to continue to trouble shoot the DVI issue.
Thanks for the info and glad to hear you have installed Debian with Xfce. :)
Can you let me know what's the PCB revision of your board, it's printed around HDMI connector in white.

RobRam

Post by RobRam »

tobetter wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:00 pm
Can you let me know what's the PCB revision of your board, it's printed around HDMI connector in white.
It's one of the new ones. PCB : REV 0.6 20210121

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

RobRam wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:03 am
tobetter wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:00 pm
It's one of the new ones. PCB : REV 0.6 20210121
Well...looks like the Petitboot (20211112) has a bug with DVI display in certain case, I need to look into it again sometime soon. Let me try to see the bug and get back to you.
These users thanked the author tobetter for the post:
RobRam (Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:59 pm)

rockla
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: C1,C2,N2+

Post by rockla »

Can someone explain how does it search for images on network? I saw some screens which showed some os on network which folder or where does it scan them on network?

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

rockla wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:36 am
Can someone explain how does it search for images on network? I saw some screens which showed some os on network which folder or where does it scan them on network?
Are you trying to do like "netboot_default" command or PXE boot?

rockla

Post by rockla »

Yes i want to understand where does it searches for images

I've ordered n2+ so wanted to be ready with things

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

rockla wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:09 pm
Yes i want to understand where does it searches for images

I've ordered n2+ so wanted to be ready with things
Petitboot for ODROID have a couple of ways to achieve the network booting.
  • The command netboot_default reads the file from this link by default and shows the netbooting menu entries. As you may acknologies the format of the file, it's the format of SYSLINUX. Currently the Petitboot does not offer to fetch the same from a custom server rather than ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr.
  • PXE booting is supported by default and you will see an error about PXE failed every boot on the Petitboot screen. This is normal since you - in general - would not have PXE server in your network. For PXE booting, you need to set up your own DHCP server in your network and its configuration has to be changed to response the request 209 to provide SYSLINUX configuration. I've done this using dnsmasq in my local network setup earlier, not using it now. This is a bit hard way and need a dedicated DHCP server which is not general in a small network environment.
  • Another way is to have local SYSLINUX configuration file in SD card attached to your ODROID, so the Petitboot will read it and parse to show up the menu entries. Then the Petitboot will load files for booting - kernel image, device tree blob, ramdisk and kernel parameters - and start new kernel. This would be a good option if you are able to manage a file server with HTTP/FTP, not HTTPS since the Petitboot is not capable to provide SSL features due to a limited capacity on-board SPI flash memory.
This is pretty much I can explain about the netbooting for you, I would be able to help you when you are ready to stuggle to figure out. :)

rockla

Post by rockla »

Thanks so essentially sd card and netboot default are 2 most accurate ways.

Also any difference if I always want to boot to Ubuntu server and don't care about multiboot?

rockla

Post by rockla »

@tobetter - Can you explain whether these work on C2 as well ?

As i see here http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/installer/ODROID-C2/ I just write the image and boot from sd card and install from network ? Or is it something different

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

rockla wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:59 pm
Also any difference if I always want to boot to Ubuntu server and don't care about multiboot?
Ubuntu server can boot from SD and eMMC, and Petitboot can make you boot from all media attached to ODROID-N2Plus. If there is only one OS installed, the Petitboot will start it after 10 seconds which is adjustable. The Petitboot is to help you to configure the boot device where to boot from, multiboot is an option your own.
Based on your first question regarding to the network booting, you can set up the config to load kernel and device tree from your file server, but the root file system should on the local storage of your ODROID-N2 or in your server which support NFS.

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

rockla wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:10 am
@tobetter - Can you explain whether these work on C2 as well ?

As i see here http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/installer/ODROID-C2/ I just write the image and boot from sd card and install from network ? Or is it something different
Unfortunately not, since I've not made the Petitboot version for ODROID-C2 while ODROID-C4 has. I need some+ work to customize the kernel and image. For Netboot installing, I've done this very earlier but discontinued since no demands at all so it only can install old Debian/Ubuntu versions. In addition, Petitboot and Netboot Installer are two different elements with its own pupose. ODROID-N2Plus also has the Netboot Install image as you have tried for ODROID-C2, but the Petitboot use the seprated OS files from the Netboot Installer image.

rockla

Post by rockla »

My N2+ kit is coming tomorrow , one thing which i'm confused is in which direction should the switch be to install os. And any downside if i start without putting any microsd , mmc or usb ?

As i plan to install your latest version but i'm only looking for headless minimal image. I dont see any minimal image http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/installer ... 2_plus.cfg here ?

So i plan to boot to petitboot attach HD and install OS going into netboot_default , is this correct order ?

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

rockla wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:59 pm
My N2+ kit is coming tomorrow , one thing which i'm confused is in which direction should the switch be to install os. And any downside if i start without putting any microsd , mmc or usb ?

As i plan to install your latest version but i'm only looking for headless minimal image. I dont see any minimal image http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/installer ... 2_plus.cfg here ?

So i plan to boot to petitboot attach HD and install OS going into netboot_default , is this correct order ?
No downsizing and no harm without SD/eMMC, the boot select switch has to be at right SPI so on-board firmware can start up and showing you Petitboot. When you start Petitboot from SPI at first, it would be good to connect HDMI TV, not monitor since some monitor is not compatbile, no screen.

For the headless image, what you misunderstand here is that there is no minimal OS or desktop OS when you launch the Netboot Installer. It's an installer and you can select desktop package, then installed OS will be desktop. Otherwise, it becomes very basic OS with CLI only.

Checkout this video, how it goes. It's about installing Ubuntu 21.04 but other version are pretty much similar.

rockla

Post by rockla »

Thanks what exactly are these - http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/installer ... etinst.img ?

My apologies if there are too many questions.

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

rockla wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:08 am
Thanks what exactly are these - http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/installer ... etinst.img ?

No worries, the link of the image is the SD card version of Netboot Install for Ubuntu 20.04. So with this image, you can install Ubuntu 20.04 after flashing the image to SD card and boot from it. Petitboot will help you not to do this thing if you run netboot_default. So you don't need to prepare any media other than USB storage for OS.

rockla

Post by rockla »

So with petiboot i can skip writing the image to sd card and instead install from netboot_default ? Does network gets detected automatically first time or any specific configuration would be required

This is the place i decide whether i want minimal image or not

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

rockla wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:27 am
So with petiboot i can skip writing the image to sd card and instead install from netboot_default ? Does network gets detected automatically first time or any specific configuration would be required
Exactly. The IP address is depends on your network, you will have IP address if you have DHCP server.
If you are seeing any entries after netboot_default in the Petitboot, run udhdpc before netboot_default and check IP adress with ip command. udhcpc is a tool to obtain IP address manually.
This is the place i decide whether i want minimal image or not

Exactly, OpenSSH Server will let you have minimal OS and need to install more package for your needs.

twinbee
languages_spoken: english,deutsch
ODROIDs: c2, c4, n2+
Has thanked: 0

Post by twinbee »

Hello
After several trys to show petitboot on my monitor (2560*1600) i install debian 11.The netboot install runs fine but the restart is a pain.
I want to detect my usb storage right after the power on like my usb stick it do. At the moment i must wait till the pxe probe is running out.
I have read in a other thread to skip pxe probe but there is no solution.
I have try different things.My best result was changing boot order with " fw_setenv boot_order usb mmc rawimage spi " it goes one time after a reset like i want it.But after a second reset the pxe probe is back and i must wait.(when i reflash the spi i have again one try)
give it a solution to disable the pxe thing?

My usb-storage is an JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS578 SATA 6Gb/s bridge controller.
the ssd is a emtec 240gb.
When they comes up after [eth0] probing from base tftp .............. they runs it fine.
I try of course the settings in system configuration too.but no result.
on petitboot 20201222 and on petitboot 20211112 the same.
is there a solution for this?

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

twinbee wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:08 am
Hello
After several trys to show petitboot on my monitor (2560*1600) i install debian 11.The netboot install runs fine but the restart is a pain.
I want to detect my usb storage right after the power on like my usb stick it do. At the moment i must wait till the pxe probe is running out.
I have read in a other thread to skip pxe probe but there is no solution.
I have try different things.My best result was changing boot order with " fw_setenv boot_order usb mmc rawimage spi " it goes one time after a reset like i want it.But after a second reset the pxe probe is back and i must wait.(when i reflash the spi i have again one try)
give it a solution to disable the pxe thing?
Current version is not on/off PXE boot since it's one part of DHCP. And the method you've tried with "fw_setenv" does not work with the Petitboot, it's the boot order for U-Boot before Petitboot. Also Petitboot does scan boot media simultaniously, not the way one after another. Boot order for Petitboot is only valid with the order in "System configuration".
My usb-storage is an JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS578 SATA 6Gb/s bridge controller.
the ssd is a emtec 240gb.
When they comes up after [eth0] probing from base tftp .............. they runs it fine.
I try of course the settings in system configuration too.but no result.
on petitboot 20201222 and on petitboot 20211112 the same.
is there a solution for this?
Doesn't your storage come up very later anyway or completely missing after rebooting?

I've reported a couple of times similar issue and one says this issue does not happen when a storage is connectec with USB 2.0 cable, I've tried to change the kernel to run in USB 2.0 mode but no luck. Can you try with 2.0 cable if this error happens?

rockla

Post by rockla »

Got my N2+ now and i tried with 2 monitors and TV it doesnt shows any display going to writing image on SD card now

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

rockla wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:21 pm
Got my N2+ now and i tried with 2 monitors and TV it doesnt shows any display going to writing image on SD card now
Did you place the boot select switch to SPI before plugin the power?

rockla

Post by rockla »

tobetter wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:12 am
rockla wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:08 am

No worries, the link of the image is the SD card version of Netboot Install for Ubuntu 20.04. So with this image, you can install Ubuntu 20.04 after flashing the image to SD card and boot from it. Petitboot will help you not to do this thing if you run netboot_default. So you don't need to prepare any media other than USB storage for OS.
Tried with these as well , just get a black screen , any link for full image

rockla

Post by rockla »

tobetter wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:23 pm
rockla wrote:
I tried both ways just black screen

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

rockla wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:29 pm
tobetter wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:23 pm
rockla wrote:
I tried both ways just black screen
I think you have to start your own thread for this issue, not here. I will follow up.

rockla

Post by rockla »

rockla

Post by rockla »

created a thread here - viewtopic.php?f=181&t=43620

twinbee

Post by twinbee »

@tobetter
When i hang a usb 2 extension between the controller and the n2 the storage shows immediately and boots.but now the speed advantage is gone.
is there something wrong with the usb3 thing?

istanbulls
languages_spoken: Turkish
ODROIDs: ODROID; N2, C4, XU4, N2+, CH4

Post by istanbulls »

I've been having this problem for several years. :) Operating systems with coreelec and boot.ini are fine. there is only problem with boot.scr. for example @tobetterin their OS is problematic.
I have to reboot a few times to boot. or if it doesn't boot, unplug the usb cable, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in and it will boot.
i made friends with led lights of ssd, i deal with this problem everyday. 365 days :)))

edit:
I think it's a sata problem. I've been thinking why the HC4 doesn't have this problem. On chip similar to HC4, I couldn't find usb3 to sata adapter.
this is the biggest problem for me.

edit2:
I will cut the usb3 sata cable and connect it to work like usb2. I'm going to attach an on-off switch to the wire I cut. I'm considering this method now. :D

twinbee

Post by twinbee »

that doesn't sound good.
So look for another os or live with it
tobetter os is running well.

istanbulls

Post by istanbulls »

I've tried many operating systems, nothing as good as @tobetter's.
so keep living like this. No problem with uSD card. The speed with the usb2 cable should be at the same level as the uSD card or live with the usb2 cable. Or @tobetter will find a solution, I know he will find a solution if he thinks a little. :)
These users thanked the author istanbulls for the post:
Nuts_ (Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:55 am)

twinbee

Post by twinbee »

I have tried another controller from asmedia with seperate power supply.
the same result.Now i dont have any controller more.
usb2 is not fast enough.
I'll try to put the boot partition on a mmc so that I can boot from there until there is a solution for this problem.

istanbulls

Post by istanbulls »

twinbee wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:16 pm
I'll try to put the boot partition on a mmc so that I can boot from there until there is a solution for this problem.
i tried this, put the boot in uSD, same result.
These users thanked the author istanbulls for the post:
Nuts_ (Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:54 am)

twinbee

Post by twinbee »

a small step forward.
after i read a thread about problems with rpi4 and some usb to sata controller i decide to update the controller firmware.
my first controller, the jmicro, didn't like it that much and said goodbye.
my asmedia controller i have successfully flasht with an up to date firmware.
and now i start my n2 the storage is there immediately and boots fine.without waiting time.
the speed is only 240 MB/s not the full 380 i have with the jmicro controller but a lot faster than a mmc.
and the best it shows immediately.
i dont know what the newer firmware has what the older not have but at the rpi thread they wrote something with uasp.

maybe someone can use the information.

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

twinbee wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:19 am
a small step forward.
after i read a thread about problems with rpi4 and some usb to sata controller i decide to update the controller firmware.
my first controller, the jmicro, didn't like it that much and said goodbye.
my asmedia controller i have successfully flasht with an up to date firmware.
and now i start my n2 the storage is there immediately and boots fine.without waiting time.
the speed is only 240 MB/s not the full 380 i have with the jmicro controller but a lot faster than a mmc.
and the best it shows immediately.
i dont know what the newer firmware has what the older not have but at the rpi thread they wrote something with uasp.

maybe someone can use the information.
Thanks for the info, do you know what's the controller of ASMedia?

twinbee

Post by twinbee »

ASMedia Technology ASM1051E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1053E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1153 SATA 3Gb/s bridge, ASM1153E SATA 6Gb/s bridge
id:174c:55aa

and here is the firmware i flash on my controller
https://www.computerbase.de/forum/attac ... 7z.501469/
Now read the 380 MB/s and I am satisfied.
These users thanked the author twinbee for the post:
tobetter (Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:02 am)

rockla

Post by rockla »

Any idea whether this enclosure

https://www.amazon.in/External-Portable ... B01N07NBLA

Controller - NS1068X

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Post by odroid »

rockla wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:11 pm

Controller - NS1068X
As far as we tested the NS1068X controller a few years ago, it didn't work with Linux OS.
viewtopic.php?p=197949#p197949
I am not sure if it works with today's modern kernel (5.10+) or not.

rockla

Post by rockla »

Thanks I went ahead and ordered this jms578

https://www.orico.me/product/2-5-inch-h ... re-2179u3/

rockla

Post by rockla »

odroid wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:52 am
rockla wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:11 pm

Controller - NS1068X
As far as we tested the NS1068X controller a few years ago, it didn't work with Linux OS.
viewtopic.php?p=197949#p197949
I am not sure if it works with today's modern kernel (5.10+) or not.
Was reading this https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/soft ... _fw_update

Is this applicable to n2 as well asking since the doc says xu4 /hc devices?

Also is the firmware update a must? Would I still be able to use ssd in windows after this?

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Post by odroid »

@rockla,
Seems to be an off-topic. Please create a new thread.

sshock
ODROIDs: XU4, C2, and N2

Post by sshock »

Hello. I am seeing strange behavior with Petitboot version 20200715 or later. The menu comes up and I can navigate it, but only for about 5 seconds after which it will automatically reboot. (So it's essentially stuck in a boot loop.)

Older versions don't have this problem.

How can I diagnose this further? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

sshock wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:30 am
Hello. I am seeing strange behavior with Petitboot version 20200715 or later. The menu comes up and I can navigate it, but only for about 5 seconds after which it will automatically reboot. (So it's essentially stuck in a boot loop.)

Older versions don't have this problem.

How can I diagnose this further? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
That's a bug after fixing DVI display support, please stay with the version if you do not have any issue with the version 20200715. Later version do not have a big improvement.

sshock

Post by sshock »

tobetter wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:39 am
sshock wrote:
That's a bug after fixing DVI display support, please stay with the version if you do not have any issue with the version 20200715. Later version do not have a big improvement.
Thanks tobetter. Just to clarify, it is version 20200511 that works and version 20200715 and later that have the problem. As long as 20200511 supports netboot I should be good, as that is the feature I am primarily looking for.

One thing I would like to fix though is the small text; with version 20200511 on my small 5" display the text is very small and hard to read; if I could change hdmimode from 1080p60hz to 480p60hz it should fix this, but although I can modify boot.ini on the sd card, I have no idea how to modify that inside the SPI flash nor how to modify spiboot.img. Is this possible?

Out of curiosity, when you say "That's a bug after fixing DVI display support", does that mean my N2 is defective or that a bug was introduced into petitboot while fixing DVI support? If the latter, why not fix it?

Thanks!

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

sshock wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:00 am
tobetter wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:39 am
sshock wrote:
Thanks tobetter. Just to clarify, it is version 20200511 that works and version 20200715 and later that have the problem. As long as 20200511 supports netboot I should be good, as that is the feature I am primarily looking for.

One thing I would like to fix though is the small text; with version 20200511 on my small 5" display the text is very small and hard to read; if I could change hdmimode from 1080p60hz to 480p60hz it should fix this, but although I can modify boot.ini on the sd card, I have no idea how to modify that inside the SPI flash nor how to modify spiboot.img. Is this possible?
Can you test create a file petitboot.cfg in your SD card and reboot?

[u-boot]
hdmimode=480p60hz
overwrite=false
voutmode=dvi
By the way, what's the vendor/model of your 5" display? Does it work with Petitboot (v20200511)?
Out of curiosity, when you say "That's a bug after fixing DVI display support", does that mean my N2 is defective or that a bug was introduced into petitboot while fixing DVI support? If the latter, why not fix it?

Thanks!
The bug introduced with the new version and have not been fixed, very strange issue that happens on some random boards. :( And why it's not fixed is that...sorry, I cannot slice myself.

sshock

Post by sshock »

tobetter wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:19 am
sshock wrote:

[u-boot]
hdmimode=480p60hz
overwrite=false
voutmode=dvi
It worked, thanks! And I was able to make it permanent using `overwrite=true` (then I deleted the petitboot.cfg) so I don't even need the sd card anymore for this. I also tested out the `spimmc.sh` and `fw_setenv hdmimode 480p60hz` commands, which also worked.
tobetter wrote:
By the way, what's the vendor/model of your 5" display? Does it work with Petitboot (v20200511)?
It's this Kuman 800x480 display and yes, it works just great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F3EKJIA
tobetter wrote:
The bug introduced with the new version and have not been fixed, very strange issue that happens on some random boards. :( And why it's not fixed is that...sorry, I cannot slice myself.
Haha, yes we need to clone you! Well, I don't know much about low-level odroid stuff, but if you want me to help test this in any way, let me know.

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

sshock wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:46 am
tobetter wrote:
sshock wrote:

[u-boot]
hdmimode=480p60hz
overwrite=false
voutmode=dvi
It worked, thanks! And I was able to make it permanent using `overwrite=true` (then I deleted the petitboot.cfg) so I don't even need the sd card anymore for this. I also tested out the `spimmc.sh` and `fw_setenv hdmimode 480p60hz` commands, which also worked.
Cool!! You made it by yourself!!
tobetter wrote:
It's this Kuman 800x480 display and yes, it works just great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F3EKJIA
Thanks for the info.
tobetter wrote:
Haha, yes we need to clone you! Well, I don't know much about low-level odroid stuff, but if you want me to help test this in any way, let me know.
Well... :) Trying to figure out some issue, some are very hard to fix...since it randomly happens... :(

Return to “Projects”