Odroid-X case wiring question

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Odroid-X case wiring question

Unread postby castleromeo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Hello,
I purchased and recieved a nice Odroid-X enclosure from a storefront on WePay [https://www.wepay.com/stores/odroid-x](Note: The storefront is no longer in business)
The case comes with a pushbutton switch and instructions that state that the user has to solder it to the Power switch terminals on the Odroid-X for it to work.

Unfortunately, the power button has four connections and I dunno which to solder to.

Which ones do I solder to in order to make this button work???

Thanks in Advance.
castleromeo

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-X, Odroid-X2

Re: Odroid-X case wiring question

Unread postby Matt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Those small momentary switches have "two sets" of "two prongs"... that is, there are a pair of prongs for one side of the connection and one pair for the other that are connected to each other. If you were to set a multimeter to measure resistance (with the ODROID unplugged!), you could figure out which leads are connected to each other. You would solder one of the wires to one of the prongs of each pair.

I never checked to see if the pairs that are connected to each other would break their connection when you pressed the button (effectively giving you the choice of normally open and normally closed in one package), so I would suggest soldering the wires to the same "side" of the button rather than "caddy-corner". You can also make sure that you have selected the correct prongs by again setting the multimeter to "resistance" and making sure that the multimeter reads 0 ohms (or a very low number, anyway) while the button is pressed and infinite or broken connection when the button is not being pressed.
ODROID Boards: U2, X2, XU+E rev.2
Accessories: VU, Smart Power, 13" LCD Kit (for the X2)
Matt

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: X2, U2, XU+E rev.2, Smart Power

Return to Projects