[OS] Debian Bullseye (11)

0n3man
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: U3 , C1, C2, N2+
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: [OS] Debian Bullseye (11)

Post by 0n3man »

Meveric, This is great work. I'm looking to potentially utilize your release for a home assistant install. So far other than having to run command to fix broken dependencies everything is working great. Any chance you have documentation on your setup environment as I'd like to see if I could get a custom distro for the N2 setup?

0n3man

Post by 0n3man »

Ideally I'd like to use the GPIO pins with interrupts to detect activity on hard wired door sensors using gpiomon. gpioget works fine on the N2+ but gpiomon returns invalid arguments. This thread viewtopic.php?p=337028&sid=1536523cf8c6 ... d1#p337028 talks about this issue and provides a kernel patch to enable gpio interrupts. Any chance this patch would work with your build? If yes can it be included?

0n3man

Post by 0n3man »

Tried to use the serial console port as console. Log messages are displayed on both the serial console and standard terminal/HDMI. I used systemctl enable serial-getty@ttyS0.service to enable the serial console and rebooted. Along with log messages I saw the standard login prompt. The only issue is the serial console didn't seem to be accepting the keys I typed, thus I couldn't login. Any thoughts? Thanks

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4, GoA v1.1, H2+, HC4, GoS

Post by meveric »

0n3man wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:29 am
Ideally I'd like to use the GPIO pins with interrupts to detect activity on hard wired door sensors using gpiomon. gpioget works fine on the N2+ but gpiomon returns invalid arguments. This thread viewtopic.php?p=337028&sid=1536523cf8c6 ... d1#p337028 talks about this issue and provides a kernel patch to enable gpio interrupts. Any chance this patch would work with your build? If yes can it be included?
That patch is already include but as you've noticed, doesn't seem to work.
0n3man wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:26 am
Tried to use the serial console port as console. Log messages are displayed on both the serial console and standard terminal/HDMI. I used systemctl enable serial-getty@ttyS0.service to enable the serial console and rebooted. Along with log messages I saw the standard login prompt. The only issue is the serial console didn't seem to be accepting the keys I typed, thus I couldn't login. Any thoughts? Thanks
I use UART for that which is working fine. I can log into it via minicom or screen and other serial consoles.

By the way the N2 use ttyAML0 by default not ttyS0 which might be the reason why what you tried does not work.
0n3man wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:44 am
Any chance you have documentation on your setup environment as I'd like to see if I could get a custom distro for the N2 setup?
Not sure what you mean by that.. I don't use any special setup environment, it's a default debootstap image for Debian Bullseye.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

0n3man

Post by 0n3man »

Damn it's too bad to hear that the patch doesn't work. I can poll the GPIO pins but utilizing interrupts is preferred.

I switched the serial console over to ttyAML0. Still didn't work so I used my windows laptop and it connected without issue. So something is strange with my fedora desktop and minicom. It doesn't make a lot of sense as I just used that same USB to tty device to update the firmware on a sonoff ifan04 device from my desktop.

On the image build, it was probably about 8 years ago that I had something similar set up. I build a custom debian distro for odroid C1 that included specific packages, modified kernel and custom code for a product. At that point I had to have a cross complier setup with change root and multiple other things I can't remember. Anyway I was thinking it probably still requires a special build environment to accomplish what you're doing. I've not done any of this type of works in years now. I'll look into debootstap and see if I can figure that out. Any other information you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks for the responses and keep up the good work. The odroid N2+ is the best arm based product on the market and needs a current debian distro.

wolfyDrg

Post by wolfyDrg »

Hello, I'm using

Code: Select all

Linux OdroidN2 5.16.0-odroid-arm64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Debian 5.16.0-202201120754~bullseye (2022-01-11) aarch64 GNU/Linux
installed from net install form boot menu. Until now it was fine, but after last kernel update apparmor used for home assistant is not working anymore.

dmesg|grep -i app
[    0.007053] arch_timer: CPU2: Trapping CNTVCT access
[    0.007704] arch_timer: CPU3: Trapping CNTVCT access
[    0.008333] arch_timer: CPU4: Trapping CNTVCT access
[    0.009008] arch_timer: CPU5: Trapping CNTVCT access
[    2.557913] systemd[1]: systemd 247.3-6 running in system mode. (+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ +LZ4 +ZSTD +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS +KMOD +IDN2 -IDN +PCRE2 default-hierarchy=unified)
[    2.924428] systemd[1]: Starting pNFS block layout mapping daemon...
[    2.932116] systemd[1]: Starting Apply Kernel Variables...
[    2.938413] systemd[1]: Started pNFS block layout mapping daemon.
[    2.949218] systemd[1]: Finished Apply Kernel Variables.
[    3.730669] systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Load AppArmor profiles being skipped.
[    3.752182] systemd[1]: Starting NFSv4 ID-name mapping service...
[    3.779886] systemd[1]: Started NFSv4 ID-name mapping service.
How can i add <<apparmor=1 security=apparmor>> to the bootargs into boot.scr?
Maybe this will solve my problem.
Will be useful to know how to flash new boot.
If I write into config.ini from boot partition will be passed into ${bootargs} ?

Thanks

meveric
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4, GoA v1.1, H2+, HC4, GoS

Post by meveric »

wolfyDrg wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:35 pm
How can i add <<apparmor=1 security=apparmor>> to the bootargs into boot.scr?
Maybe this will solve my problem.
Will be useful to know how to flash new boot.
If I write into config.ini from boot partition will be passed into ${bootargs} ?

Thanks
If you're using my image and updated the image in the config.ini you will find a section called extraargs (currently at the very bottom of the file), it already comes with an example for apparmor and can be activated like that.
It will be passed as a bootarg to the Kernel.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

wolfyDrg

Post by wolfyDrg »

I think that mine is not the same config, this is my config :

cat /boot/config.ini
[generic]
overlay_resize=16384
overlay_profile=""
overlays="spi0 i2c0 i2c1"

[overlay_custom]
overlays="i2c0 i2c1"

[overlay_hktft32]
overlays="hktft32"

[overlay_hktft35]
overlays="hktft35 sx865x-i2c1"
Can you explain how to rebuild/add?
Thanks

meveric

Post by meveric »

No I can not, as it's a combination of the boot.scr created by flash-kernel and the config.ini that I use on my image.
It won't work with just any image.
I don't think it will work with whatever you have, I'm sorry.

wolfyDrg

Post by wolfyDrg »

Ok, no problem. I figured that was a something like updating grub from current system.

Return to “Other OS”