What is Included?
- Latest Wayfire Desktop Environment and sway.
- Lightdm display manager with wayfire set as the default session.
- Wifi driver for wifi Module 5.
- Linux 5.x kernel from chewitt or tobetter.
- Bluetooth (blueman)
- Networking with NetworkManager
- Pre-configured cpupower.
- Yay AUR helper.
- Pamac software center.
- Use of Arc desktop theme and Papirus icon theme by default.
- Preconfigured Wayfire bindings (Press SuperKey + c to customize).
- SSH Enabled.
- Bigger and more readable tty font.
- MPV and VLC video players.
- A nice space.jpg wallpaper!
Wayfire Configuration Tool (SuperKey + c)
Wayfire Built-in applications menu
Wayfire Videos on the Developer Channel
The process of burning the image into a SD or EMMC card should be the same as with other images and is well documented in other places so I will not write about that. Besides that, the image doesn't boots from petitboot unless you have an updated petitboot installed (20200721 release or newer seems to work) and compatible display (otherwise you will get a blank screen), if not you will need to boot directly from emmc or sdcard.
Default Login Credentials:
The first boot setup wizard will let you easily change the default passwords for added security.
With latest image, after booting to the login manager wait some seconds because the system will grow the partition and setup locales, then a setup wizard will guide you to finish system setup, so make sure to have a display connected when booting the image.
Connect to a wifi network using the network manager tray applet or by opening a terminal with
CTRL + ALT + tand typing
A list of keyboard bindings can be seen by inspecting the Wayfire Config Manager which you can launch with
SuperKey + c, from the applications menu or by pressing
SuperKey + ato launch wofi (similar to dmenu but for Wayland) and typing wcm. Here is a partial bindings reference:
- SuperKey + a - open application with wofi
- SuperKey + shift + a - execute command with bemenu
- SuperKey + c - wayfire config manager
- SuperKey + e - launch file manager/explorer
- SuperKey + t - drop down terminal
- Ctrl + Alt + t - launch regular terminal
- SuperKey + w - launch firefox
- SuperKey + q - close an open application
- SuperKey + l - logout, shutdown, reboot, etc... with wlogout
- SuperKey + Numpad_# - different window positioning shortcuts that make sense
- SuperKey + ArrowKeys - Move window to different workspaces
- SuperKey + Alt + ArrowKeys - Move to different workspaces
- SuperKey + f - make window fullscreen
- SuperKey + shift + f - force scale a window into fullscreen
- SuperKey + s - show open windows of current workspace
- SuperKey + shift + s - show open windows on all workspace
- SuperKey + MouseScroll - Zoom in or Zoom out
- SuperKey - Workspaces View
Triple A Games
sudo pacman -S openarena
sudo pacman -S cendric-git
sudo pacman -S supertux
sudo pacman -S minetest
Chromium B.S.U -
sudo pacman -S chromium-bsu
yay -S neverball
sudo pacman -S teeworlds
sudo pacman -S supertuxkart
sudo pacman -S xonotic
MPV with video acceleration.
sudo pacman -S kodi-wayland.
codelite IDE for C/C++, PHP, NodeJS development
sudo pacman -S codelite-git
codeblocks IDE for C/C++ development
sudo pacman -S codeblocks-svn
Other Images I have Worked on
Odroid N2 ArchLinux Headless
Odroid N2 ArchLinux GNOME
Odroid N2 ArchLinux XFCE
Odroid C4 ArchLinux GNOME
Odroid C4 ArchLinux Wayfire
Odroid C4 ArchLinux XFCE
Date - 24/02/2021
* Updated kernel to 5.11.0 with patch for 1Ghz colckrate for gpu
* Added ntfs-3g
* Reverted from pipewire to pulseaudio because of issues with newest pipewire and the built-in audio driver when starting the system up.
* Updated uboot and boot.ini file to support forcing an edid bin file for problematic displays that don't properly boot with petitboot.
* Overall package updates.
Date - 09/02/2021
* Added first boot setup wizard that guides you thru setting timezone, locale, hostname, passwords, keyboard, etc...
* Updated kernel package to 5.11 rc6 (linux-odroid-511)
* Updated to latest wayfire 0.7 which includes performance improvements and new protocol additions.
* Added waybar as top panel with tray icons support and some other customization's.
* Case insensitive search on wofi app launcher.
* Enabled network manager connection applet thanks to waybar.
* Removed gnome-control-center
* Switched from gdm to lightdm
* Dropped weston and gtk-shell.
* Moved wf-panel to bottom, enabled window-list, patched wf-panel to show missing icons.
* Added osmo calendar and task management application when clicking the upper clock/date.
* Styled wlogout to match system theme and dropped lock, suspend and hibernate buttons.
* Set cpupower governor to performance by default.
* Added panfrost-performance systemd service that sets gpu governor to performance at startup.
* Includes latest mesa-arm-git package with new bifrost scheduler by panfrost developers.
* Added 8 seconds timeout to mako notifications.
* Swapped pulseaudio, alsa and jack with new all in one solution PipeWire.
* Added mugshot for simple user profile configuration.
* Overall software updates.
Date - 05/01/2021
* Increased xfce4 dropdown terminal width to centralize better on the screen.
* Added wl-color-picker (use Super + shift + p to launch color picker)
* Replaced wayland-logout with wlogout for the app menu logout button which offers an interface to reboot, poweroff and logout.
* Added pamac-tray to wayfire startup so pamac-manager can detect packages that need to upgrade properly
* Enabled scale (Super + s or Super + shift + s) and workspace-names plugins.
* Added updated mesa-arm-git package.
* Dropped libva-mesa-driver (now included with mesa-arm-git).
* Added binding (Super + d) for wdisplays (wdisplays may have rendering bugs on panfrost).
* Styled the wofi launcher enabling app icons, 2 columns and more padding from icon to app title.
* Styled mako desktop notifications to better match the desktop theme.
* Upgraded pamac to latest version which fixes a polkit bug.
* Includes kernel 5.10.2 with chewitt panfrost patches and tobetter patches.
* Updated wayfire to 0.6.0
* Switched from mali drivers to mesa+panfrost.
* Swapped lxterminal with xfce4-terminal when pressing
CTRL + ALT + t.
* Swapped connman to NetworkManager.
* Swapped greetd with gdm.
* Fixed applications not launching from menu because of missing dbus-session.
Super + anow launches wofi and
Super + shift + abemenu
* Improved initial setup script to not require a system reboot, so the system doesn't reboots anymore after reaching login manager.
* Updated pamac package which now includes hooks to fix appstream xml files.
* Default /boot/boot.ini now has the bootlabel set to "ArchLinux Wayfire" by the image generator.
* Use uuid on /boot/boot.ini and /etc/fstab instead of devices names to prevent possible boot issues.
* Enabled archlinuxdroid repository.
* Latest software updates.
Date - 05/08/2020
* Added automatic resizing of system partition, generation of locales and setup of /etc/fstab
* Fixed booting from emmc module when sdcard is not present by properly setting up /etc/fstab
Date - 03/08/2020
* Swapped archlinux linux-aarch64 kernel with tobetter fork (5.7.10) which has support for n2+.
* Updated uboot to latest automatic travis build provided by hardkernel.
* Replaced guake with xfce4-terminal for better drop-down terminal support.
* Added wf-dock to startup to enable wayfire bottom app panel.
* Set virtual workspace size to 3x3.
* Added space wallpaper as a skydome texture for the wayfire cube plugin.
* Enable <super>+f for fullscreen and <shift>+<super>+f for alternative forced fullscreen.
* Added latest pamac-aur, yay, wlroots-git, wayfire-git, etc...
* Added realtime privileges to alarm user for pro-audio.
Date - 27/05/2020
* First release
Latest Odroid N2 and N2+ image:
https://mega.nz/file/HMkEQZRR#ZFGNop8u9 ... 7MpqA9APZc
Pre-built PKGBUILDs repository