CH340 CP2102 not working

Post Reply
potato1992
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:49 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ux4 n2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

CH340 CP2102 not working

Post by potato1992 »

CH340 CP2102 not working for the Android image(20190603), I can see them in lsusb, while no ttyUSB* apear.
When I plug in CDC devide like ublox gps receiver, I could see ttyACM0 without any problem.
I guess CH340 CP2102 drivers have not been added in the image. Will I see them in next release?

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 10969
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: Many
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 737 times
Been thanked: 1868 times
Contact:

Re: CH340 CP2102 not working

Post by tobetter »

potato1992 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:05 pm
CH340 CP2102 not working for the Android image(20190603), I can see them in lsusb, while no ttyUSB* apear.
When I plug in CDC devide like ublox gps receiver, I could see ttyACM0 without any problem.
I guess CH340 CP2102 drivers have not been added in the image. Will I see them in next release?
The driver for CH340 is missing in the kernel, but CP2102 would be there as a module. Anyway, probably they could be included in the next release.

User avatar
codewalker
Posts: 1686
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: all
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 141 times
Contact:

Re: CH340 CP2102 not working

Post by codewalker »

Did you try to do insmod /vendor/lib/modules/cp210x.ko?
potato1992 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:05 pm
CH340 CP2102 not working for the Android image(20190603), I can see them in lsusb, while no ttyUSB* apear.
When I plug in CDC devide like ublox gps receiver, I could see ttyACM0 without any problem.
I guess CH340 CP2102 drivers have not been added in the image. Will I see them in next release?

potato1992
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:49 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ux4 n2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: CH340 CP2102 not working

Post by potato1992 »

codewalker wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:59 am
Did you try to do insmod /vendor/lib/modules/cp210x.ko?
potato1992 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:05 pm
CH340 CP2102 not working for the Android image(20190603), I can see them in lsusb, while no ttyUSB* apear.
When I plug in CDC devide like ublox gps receiver, I could see ttyACM0 without any problem.
I guess CH340 CP2102 drivers have not been added in the image. Will I see them in next release?
It says Access denied, how to access root privilege in android terminal? None of sudo or su work..

User avatar
codewalker
Posts: 1686
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: all
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 141 times
Contact:

Re: CH340 CP2102 not working

Post by codewalker »

If you want to be loaded cp210x driver when system boot, you edit init.odroid.board.rc

Add line "insmod /vendor/lib/moduels/cp210x.ko
adb remount
adb shell
vi /vendor/etc/init/hw/init.odroid.board.rc

15 on post-fs-data
16 insmod /vendor/lib/modules/mali.ko
17 insmod /vendor/lib/modules/cfg80211.ko
18 insmod /vendor/lib/dovi.ko
19 insmod /vendor/lib/sl_hdr.ko
20 on boot
21 write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor interactive
potato1992 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:42 am
codewalker wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:59 am
Did you try to do insmod /vendor/lib/modules/cp210x.ko?
potato1992 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:05 pm
CH340 CP2102 not working for the Android image(20190603), I can see them in lsusb, while no ttyUSB* apear.
When I plug in CDC devide like ublox gps receiver, I could see ttyACM0 without any problem.
I guess CH340 CP2102 drivers have not been added in the image. Will I see them in next release?
It says Access denied, how to access root privilege in android terminal? None of sudo or su work..
These users thanked the author codewalker for the post:
potato1992 (Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:41 pm)

potato1992
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:49 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ux4 n2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: CH340 CP2102 not working

Post by potato1992 »

Still not work, here is dmesg:
[32m[ 244.251104] [33musb 1-1.4.4[0m: USB disconnect, device number 9
[32m[ 246.826586] [33musb 1-1.4.4[0m: new full-speed USB device number 13 using xhci-hcd
[32m[ 247.027134] [33musb 1-1.4.4[31m: Unsupported device
and lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 013: ID 10c4:ea60

codewalker wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:51 am
If you want to be loaded cp210x driver when system boot, you edit init.odroid.board.rc

Add line "insmod /vendor/lib/moduels/cp210x.ko
adb remount
adb shell
vi /vendor/etc/init/hw/init.odroid.board.rc

15 on post-fs-data
16 insmod /vendor/lib/modules/mali.ko
17 insmod /vendor/lib/modules/cfg80211.ko
18 insmod /vendor/lib/dovi.ko
19 insmod /vendor/lib/sl_hdr.ko
20 on boot
21 write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor interactive
potato1992 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:42 am
codewalker wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:59 am
Did you try to do insmod /vendor/lib/modules/cp210x.ko?
potato1992 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:05 pm
CH340 CP2102 not working for the Android image(20190603), I can see them in lsusb, while no ttyUSB* apear.
When I plug in CDC devide like ublox gps receiver, I could see ttyACM0 without any problem.
I guess CH340 CP2102 drivers have not been added in the image. Will I see them in next release?
It says Access denied, how to access root privilege in android terminal? None of sudo or su work..

potato1992
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:49 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ux4 n2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: CH340 CP2102 not working

Post by potato1992 »

It works! Thank you!
It apears that
insmod /vendor/lib/moduels/cp210x.ko(you type this)
to
insmod /vendor/lib/modules/cp210x.ko
hahaha I should verify the path.
Thank you so much!
codewalker wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:51 am
If you want to be loaded cp210x driver when system boot, you edit init.odroid.board.rc

Add line "insmod /vendor/lib/moduels/cp210x.ko
adb remount
adb shell
vi /vendor/etc/init/hw/init.odroid.board.rc

15 on post-fs-data
16 insmod /vendor/lib/modules/mali.ko
17 insmod /vendor/lib/modules/cfg80211.ko
18 insmod /vendor/lib/dovi.ko
19 insmod /vendor/lib/sl_hdr.ko
20 on boot
21 write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor interactive
potato1992 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:42 am
codewalker wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:59 am
Did you try to do insmod /vendor/lib/modules/cp210x.ko?
potato1992 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:05 pm
CH340 CP2102 not working for the Android image(20190603), I can see them in lsusb, while no ttyUSB* apear.
When I plug in CDC devide like ublox gps receiver, I could see ttyACM0 without any problem.
I guess CH340 CP2102 drivers have not been added in the image. Will I see them in next release?
It says Access denied, how to access root privilege in android terminal? None of sudo or su work..

User avatar
codewalker
Posts: 1686
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: all
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 141 times
Contact:

Re: CH340 CP2102 not working

Post by codewalker »

console:/ # insmod /vendor/lib/modules/cp210x.ko
[ 39.046647@0] type=1400 audit(1559882370.368:120): avc: denied { execute } for pid=4553 comm="RenderThread" path="/vendor/lib/hw/gralloc.odroidn2.so" dev="mmcblk0p12" ino=705 scontext=u:r:system_app:s0 tcont1
[ 39.064418@0] type=1400 audit(1559882374.992:121): avc: denied { module_load } for pid=5190 comm="insmod" path="/vendor/lib/modules/cp210x.ko" dev="mmcblk0p12" ino=815 scontext=u:r:su:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:1
[ 39.088976@2] usbcore: registered new interface driver cp210x
[ 39.092129@2] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for cp210x
console:/ # [ 46.881411@0] usb 1-1.4: new full-speed USB device number 5 using xhci-hcd
[ 47.010944@0] cp210x 1-1.4:1.0: cp210x converter detected
[ 47.013458@0] usb 1-1.4: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB0
[ 52.986964@2] type=1400 audit(1559882374.992:121): avc: denied { module_load } for pid=5190 comm="insmod" path="/vendor/lib/modules/cp210x.ko" dev="mmcblk0p12" ino=815 scontext=u:r:su:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:1

console:/ # lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 05e3:0620
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a12:0001
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 10c4:ea60
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:c52b

Post Reply

Return to “Android”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests