I can get about 30MB/s to my usb 2.0 attached hdd, which is expected.
I already ordered an USB 3.0 adapter.
In the meantime I ran the Helios LanTest to a tmpfs folder.
I got 48MB/s write and 38MB/s read.
Using the Performance governor: 64MB/s write and 49MB/s read.
Shouldn't this be at least 80MB/s?
This is what I can expect to get when using USB 3.0 then?
I'm using samba 4.12.3 now. But it was the same when I used the one in the repository (4.7.6).
PS: Windows 10 client.
dd to tmpfs:
Code: Select all
$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/media/tmpfs/teste bs=280M count=1 oflag=dsync 1+0 records in 1+0 records out 293601280 bytes (294 MB, 280 MiB) copied, 0.414932 s, 708 MB/s
Code: Select all
[global] deadtime = 15 dns proxy = No domain master = No load printers = No log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log map to guest = Bad User min receivefile size = 16384 name resolve order = bcast ntlm auth = ntlmv1-permitted preferred master = No printcap name = cups remote announce = 192.168.1.255 remote browse sync = 192.168.1.255 security = USER server min protocol = NT1 server signing = if_required server string = Samba file server template shell = /dev/null unix extensions = No username level = 6 username map = /etc/samba/smbusers username map cache time = 90 winbind nested groups = No winbind nss info = no winbind use default domain = Yes idmap config * : backend = tdb access based share enum = Yes acl allow execute always = Yes cups options = raw hosts allow = 127. 192.168.1. strict locking = No use sendfile = Yes [media] create mask = 0664 directory mask = 02775 path = /media/alpe valid users = alpe write list = alpe