H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Post Reply
hominoid
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:55 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2, XU4, MC1, N1
Location: Lake Superior Basin, USA
Contact:

H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by hominoid » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:14 am

Hey @odroid,
Is it possible to post a dxf/dwg mechanical layout drawing for the H2 like the ones for the XU4/C2/C1+/MC1/HC1/HC2 that exist on the wiki?

User avatar
boverby
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:17 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: h2
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by boverby » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:29 pm

if a 3d model would help, you can find a STEP model with https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3338196 or https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3289428

hominoid
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:55 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2, XU4, MC1, N1
Location: Lake Superior Basin, USA
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by hominoid » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:07 am

Thanks @boverby, I had looked at your work prior to posting. Nice job on the itx to H2 adapter! I have a project I'm working on that crosses multiple SBC's and need specific data. Having a dxf/dwg layout drawing would help since I haven't been able to purchase one yet to take actual measurements. Plus, I'm working in OpenSCAD so STEP won't work for this project.

User avatar
boverby
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:17 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: h2
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by boverby » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 am

@hominoid, I just noticed that Designspark has a dxf export capability. I did the model and added it to files list on https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3338196 . After export , I opened it ins Autocad DWG TrueView and it looked like the step model. Let me know if that helps any, or it needs more work.

see https://www.thingiverse.com/download:6044443 for OdroidH2model.dxf

User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
Posts: 29651
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by odroid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:38 am

We have a couple of image files only at this moment.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-h2/hardw ... dimensions
We will try to make a DXF file soon.

hominoid
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:55 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2, XU4, MC1, N1
Location: Lake Superior Basin, USA
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by hominoid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:32 am

boverby wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 am
@hominoid, I just noticed that Designspark has a dxf export capability. I did the model and added it to files list on https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3338196 . After export , I opened it ins Autocad DWG TrueView and it looked like the step model. Let me know if that helps any, or it needs more work.

see https://www.thingiverse.com/download:6044443 for OdroidH2model.dxf
Thanks again @boverby, I'm using LibreCAD for DXF and DWG and wasn't able to open your DXF file. But, that's not surprising since it's probably a new format then LibreCAD supports. No big deal because I can open the STEP file in FreeCAD. Between HK's Mechanical Layout DXF and your STEP model for z-axis data, I might have all the information I need. If not, In the future I might post here for a measurement or two. Worst case, the shortage of H2's won't last forever.

User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
Posts: 29651
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by odroid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:33 am


hominoid
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:55 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2, XU4, MC1, N1
Location: Lake Superior Basin, USA
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by hominoid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:35 am

odroid wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:38 am
We have a couple of image files only at this moment.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-h2/hardw ... dimensions
We will try to make a DXF file soon.
Thanks @Odorid, Take your time, probably lots of things going on after the New Year. It is nice having access to that level of board detail for all of the Odroid SBC's. I know I've used it a lot.

That was fast!...I'll let you know in a minute.

hominoid
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:55 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2, XU4, MC1, N1
Location: Lake Superior Basin, USA
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by hominoid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:45 am

odroid wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:33 am
Try this DXF file.
https://dn.odroid.com/ODROID-H2/drawing/
It is a thing of beauty! :) Any chance of getting the back side as well? I much appreciate it!

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 2635
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by tobetter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:47 am

hominoid wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:45 am
odroid wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:33 am
Try this DXF file.
https://dn.odroid.com/ODROID-H2/drawing/
It is a thing of beauty! :) Any chance of getting the back side as well? I much appreciate it!
Are you meaning the bottom of PCB or back side where connectors are located?

hominoid
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:55 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2, XU4, MC1, N1
Location: Lake Superior Basin, USA
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by hominoid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:51 am

tobetter wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:47 am
hominoid wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:45 am
odroid wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:33 am
Try this DXF file.
https://dn.odroid.com/ODROID-H2/drawing/
It is a thing of beauty! :) Any chance of getting the back side as well? I much appreciate it!
Are you meaning the bottom of PCB or back side where connectors are located?
The bottom of the PCB please. I'm looking for M2 and memory socket locations etc. But a DXF of the rear would be handy as well.

User avatar
boverby
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:17 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: h2
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by boverby » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:22 am

@hominoid, if you just want to confirm some dimensions, don't forget that the 3d PDF file in https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3338196 can be "measured" in acrobat reader.

the odroid provided dxf was over 10 meg, so on-line viewers will not open it. Autocad Trueview would not open file on my machine (just hung, no errors). Header was from "dxfrw 0.6.3" so I suspect it was created with codelibs/libdxfrw library.

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 2635
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by tobetter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:40 am

boverby wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:22 am
@hominoid, if you just want to confirm some dimensions, don't forget that the 3d PDF file in https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3338196 can be "measured" in acrobat reader.

the odroid provided dxf was over 10 meg, so on-line viewers will not open it. Autocad Trueview would not open file on my machine (just hung, no errors). Header was from "dxfrw 0.6.3" so I suspect it was created with codelibs/libdxfrw library.
Good point, actually I was trying to find out why the drawing is so huge...and finally figured out. Now the drawing DXF becomes 100+kB only, the problem was the silkscreen of Hardkernel logo that is printed with plenty of small line segments. After removing the logo, it becomes lighter. :)

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 2635
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by tobetter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:08 am

hominoid wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:51 am
tobetter wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:47 am
hominoid wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:45 am
odroid wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:33 am
Try this DXF file.
https://dn.odroid.com/ODROID-H2/drawing/
It is a thing of beauty! :) Any chance of getting the back side as well? I much appreciate it!
Are you meaning the bottom of PCB or back side where connectors are located?
The bottom of the PCB please. I'm looking for M2 and memory socket locations etc. But a DXF of the rear would be handy as well.
Finally, the TOP and BOTTOM drawings are uploaded and they do not exceed 400kB each. :)
https://dn.odroid.com/ODROID-H2/drawing/

User avatar
boverby
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:17 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: h2
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by boverby » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:12 am

@tobetter, files work great in Autocad Trueview now, thanks for the "close shave". Now I can see that you are providing 2d files. The step file was produced from your original images then using an actual unit to provide the z dimensions. I think that is what hominoid is getting ready to do.

The dxf file i uploaded earlier was a "3d" dxf file , not a 2d file in case that was keeping people from viewing it.

User avatar
boverby
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:17 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: h2
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by boverby » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:42 am

@tobetter, spoke too soon. The bottom file works, top does not , just dies silently. Not unique to autocad client, https://gallery.proficad.eu/tools/autocad-viewer.aspx also failed to open it.

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 2635
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by tobetter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:46 am

@boverby, sorry...I didn't notice that. I change the file with Librecad and it opens flawless. Let me check what's wrong with it.

나의 BBB100-1 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄


hominoid
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:55 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2, XU4, MC1, N1
Location: Lake Superior Basin, USA
Contact:

Re: H2 Mechanical Layout Drawing

Unread post by hominoid » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:41 am

Thanks for the dxf's @tobetter and @odroid. I was able to open both versions of the top and also the bottom dxf without a problem. It took a little longer for the top dxf with the silkscreen layer. If it's any help I am running a recent nightly of LibreCAD:
Version: 2.2.0-rc1-105-gc2635841
Compiler: GNU GCC 4.9.1
Compiled on: Feb 2 2019
Qt Version: 5.4.1
Boost Version: 1.53.0

Post Reply

Return to “Hardware and peripherals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest