Compile warnings

WizardStan
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Compile warnings

Unread post by WizardStan » Thu May 23, 2019 9:57 am

Is there an updated Arduino installation instructions? I followed the instructions on the wiki (https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid_go/ardui ... uino_setup) to git clone the latest ESP32 and odroid-go repositories but I'm getting warnings about duplicate definition of INTERRUPT and converting string constants to char*.
Ostensibly they're just warnings and should be safe to ignore, but the completely different redefinition of INTERRUPT has me concerned. If I checkout v1.1.0 tag I don't get those warnings: is that the correct thing to do or should I stick with master and ignore the warnings?

ripper121

Re: Compile warnings

Unread post by ripper121 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:48 pm

Please post the errors in code tags.

WizardStan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by WizardStan » Thu May 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Hmmm, the fact that you're asking suggests this is not a normal thing

Code: Select all

In file included from /home/david/Arduino/libraries/ODROID-GO/src/sensors/tca8418.cpp:30:0:
/home/david/Arduino/libraries/ODROID-GO/src/sensors/tca8418.h:26:0: warning: "INTERRUPT" redefined
 #define INTERRUPT 0x41
 ^
In file included from /home/david/Arduino/hardware/espressif/esp32/tools/sdk/include/esp32/xtensa/xtruntime.h:30:0,
                 from /home/david/Arduino/hardware/espressif/esp32/tools/sdk/include/freertos/freertos/portmacro.h:80,
                 from /home/david/Arduino/hardware/espressif/esp32/tools/sdk/include/freertos/freertos/portable.h:94,
                 from /home/david/Arduino/hardware/espressif/esp32/tools/sdk/include/freertos/freertos/FreeRTOS.h:105,
                 from /home/david/Arduino/hardware/espressif/esp32/cores/esp32/Arduino.h:32,
                 from /home/david/Arduino/libraries/ODROID-GO/src/sensors/tca8418.h:9,
                 from /home/david/Arduino/libraries/ODROID-GO/src/sensors/tca8418.cpp:30:
/home/david/Arduino/hardware/espressif/esp32/tools/sdk/include/esp32/xtensa/config/specreg.h:82:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define INTERRUPT 226
 ^
In file included from /home/david/Arduino/libraries/ODROID-GO/src/sensors/Rtc_Pcf8563.cpp:44:0:
/home/david/Arduino/libraries/ODROID-GO/src/sensors/Rtc_Pcf8563.cpp: In member function 'char* Rtc_Pcf8563::version()':
/home/david/Arduino/libraries/ODROID-GO/src/sensors/Rtc_Pcf8563.h:33:23: warning: ISO C++ forbids converting a string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]
 #define RTCC_VERSION  "Pcf8563 v1.0.3"

^
/home/david/Arduino/libraries/ODROID-GO/src/sensors/Rtc_Pcf8563.cpp:367:10: note: in expansion of macro 'RTCC_VERSION'
   return RTCC_VERSION;  

^
Sketch uses 381364 bytes (29%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1310720 bytes.
Global variables use 16700 bytes (5%) of dynamic memory, leaving 310980 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 327680 bytes.
This is from the most basic program possible

#include <odroid_go.h>
void setup() {
  GO.begin();
}

void loop() {
}
And just to be clear

~/Arduino/hardware/espressif/esp32/
 $ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

nothing to commit, working tree clean

~/Arduino/libraries/ODROID-GO/
 $ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

nothing to commit, working tree clean
Both are updated to master.

pmprog
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO

Unread post by pmprog » Thu May 30, 2019 9:47 pm

I think your problem might be that your espressif/esp32 repo is point in the wrong version of the ESP-IDF repo

I've never really worked out how git submodules work, but if you can somehow replace your ESP-IDF with this one: https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/esp-idf or https://github.com/mattkj/esp-idf and make sure you're on the v3.1-odroid* branch, you might be okay?

I'm afraid I don't use the Arduino setup, so not sure I can help much more than that... but I hope it helps

Edit: I thought the mattkj repo has some changes above crashoverride's, but according to GitHub they are in sync, so I guess you can take your pick?

Return to “Arduino Coding Camp”