Here's the first network test build. Adding the wifi stack required deep changes that will affect general stability, so anybody with some free time can help me test the build, not just the network bits, to see if everything still works as it should!
Aside of networking, this build contains the new GB green palette, an option to disable NES overscan (making pixel perfect vertical fit) and faster in-game reload.
To test networking you will need two odroid GOs. Start any gameboy game on both consoles and press menu -> netplay.
Things worthy of note:
- To increase the odds of success you can press netplay on the first console and wait until it says "Waiting for peer", then press netplay on the second console.
- If both consoles say NETPLAY_STATUS_CONNECTED then the test is successful!
- In theory button presses should be mirrored once connected, but I don't have much hope that it will work first try.
- The build is unfortunately bigger because the wifi stacks is enormous and adds 400KB per emulator
(BT would be even worse).
- All emulators have the netplay menu item and it does start the network silently, but only the gameboy has the on-screen debug message.
- The stuttering while testing is due to how I lazy draw the debug message on screen, it isn't caused by any network stuff.
Thanks for testing!