go-emu-launcher

Post Reply
pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:07 am

GO-EMU Launcher/Firmware
odroid-go-go-emu-pic01.JPG
odroid-go-go-emu-pic01.JPG (95.92 KiB) Viewed 583 times
This firmware contains many emulators in one frontend. All emulators behave in the same way.
- Frontend with covers (directory "romart"). See GO-Play
- NES - Nintendo Entertainment System
- Gameboy, Gameboy Color
- SEGA Master System
- SEGA Game Gear
- Coleco Vision
- Atari Lynx
- Atari 2600
- Atari 7800
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum
- PC Engine (* no Save, Load, QuickSave, QuickLoad yet)

Current version: go-emu-launcher-1.0.4
https://github.com/pelle7/odroid-go-emu ... cher-1.0.4
- Added battery icon to the in-game menu of the emulators
- Added Speaker/DAC option to in-game menu of the emulators
- Added the DAC code to the Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 emulators

---
Old versions:

go-emu-launcher-1.0.3
https://github.com/pelle7/odroid-go-emu ... cher-1.0.3
- Color adjustments
- Battery widget
- Config menu like the in-game menus (Volume, brightness and Speaker/DAC)

---
go-emu-launcher-1.0.2
https://github.com/pelle7/odroid-go-emu ... cher-1.0.2
- PC Engine Emulator for the ODROID-GO.
It is based on huexpress.



It's for the most part playable and testable.

For example:
* Galaga 88 runs nearly full speed
* SideArms runs with 50 fps from 60fps

Current limitations:

* Frameskip 2 or higher (default 2)
* Something is slightly wrong with the sound :-(
* No QuickSave and QuickLoad
* No Save or Load to SD-Card

---
https://github.com/pelle7/odroid-go-emu ... cher-1.0.1
- Atari Lynx updated: It's 30% faster! Many games now run at full speed.
odroid-go-atari-lynx-chip's-challenge-3.JPG
odroid-go-atari-lynx-chip's-challenge-3.JPG (46.97 KiB) Viewed 583 times
---
https://github.com/pelle7/odroid-go-emu ... cher-1.0.0
- Contains the GO-Play emulators
- Atari 2600
- Atari 7800
- Atari Lynx
- ZX Spectrum
- All emulators have now the in game menu, Save, Load, Quicksave and Quickload support

---
https://github.com/pelle7/odroid-go-emu ... sion-0.9.1

- UI color adjustment
- UI START button: Ask user before skipping last save state
- Atari Lynx performance
- Renamed Firmware file

---
I have combined the default GO-Play emulators, the Atari 2600 and the Atari Lynx Emulators.

Link: https://github.com/pelle7/odroid-go-emu ... sion-0.9.0

---

- UP, DOWN: toggle game
- LEFT, RIGHT: toggle game (to next character, jumps at most 20 entries)
- Button A: Start game. If a save state exists, load it
- Button Start: Restart game. Ignore existing save state
- Button Select: Toggle System

1. Unzip systems-metadata.zip to the root of the sd-card
2. Optionally unzip romart-lynx.zip to the root of the sd-card

Go-Emu-Classic-pelle7.fw
- Contains the GO-Play emulators

Go-Emu-pelle7.fw
- Contains the GO-Play emulators
- Atari 2600
- Atari Lynx
Last edited by pelle7 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:37 am, edited 9 times in total.
These users thanked the author pelle7 for the post:
rooted (Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:51 pm)

ripper121
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by ripper121 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:31 pm

Could you add a confirmation for the reset of a game?

lordhardware
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:56 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: U3
Odroid-W
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by lordhardware » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:21 pm

Can i confirm, is this an expansion of your test launcher, with the same ingame menu etc?

wayn0r
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:56 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by wayn0r » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:21 am

pelle7 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:07 am
I have combined the default GO-Play emulators, the Atari 2600 and the Atari Lynx Emulators.

- UP, DOWN: toggle game
- LEFT, RIGHT: toggle game (to next character, jumps at most 20 entries)
- Button A: Start game. If a save state exists, load it
- Button Start: Restart game. Ignore existing save state
- Button Select: Toggle System

1. Unzip systems-metadata.zip to the root of the sd-card
2. Optionally unzip romart-lynx.zip to the root of the sd-card

Go-Emu-pelle7.fw
- Contains the GO-Play emulators
- Atari 2600
- Atari Lynx
Assuming the “a26” folder is for 2600 roms, and “a78” covers Lynx roms? Also, what format should the roms be in for either system, and are any bios files required in the rom directory?

I currently believe I have everything where it belongs and no roms for either system seem to be present, even though I can see them on the SD card.

johannesbehr
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:21 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-Go
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by johannesbehr » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:08 pm

The Lynx roms should be in a subfolder of the roms-folder named "lynx" and should have the extension ".lnx"

Don't forget to put the "lynxboot.img" in this Folder, too!

The atari 2600 I havn't tested yet...

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:34 pm

lordhardware wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:21 pm
Can i confirm, is this an expansion of your test launcher, with the same ingame menu etc?
It is intended as an alternative to the springboard application which is in the GO-Play firmware.
These users thanked the author pelle7 for the post:
lordhardware (Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:26 am)

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:40 pm

johannesbehr wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:08 pm
The Lynx roms should be in a subfolder of the roms-folder named "lynx" and should have the extension ".lnx"

Don't forget to put the "lynxboot.img" in this Folder, too!

The atari 2600 I havn't tested yet...
While porting and tuning the Lynx emulator I did not think twice about the folder naming. With this version the folder can also be named "lnx". The other emulators are also structured this way that the "file extensions" matches the folder names.

/roms/lnx
/roms/a26
These users thanked the author pelle7 for the post:
johannesbehr (Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:17 am)

wayn0r
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:56 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by wayn0r » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:51 am

Okay, I have the Lynx side working now.

Any similar pointers for the 2600?

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:12 pm

wayn0r wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:51 am
Okay, I have the Lynx side working now.

Any similar pointers for the 2600?
For testing I removed all folders except "/roms/a26". I still can start the games. I am unsure what's wrong.

The file ending for Atari 2600 must be ".a26" and they must not be compressed.

wayn0r
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:56 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by wayn0r » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:24 pm

Good to know!

ducalex
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 3:29 am
languages_spoken: english, french
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by ducalex » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:00 am

Very impressive. I really like in the lynx emulator it asks if I want to save state when I press menu!

I think you should bundle the metadata with the .fw, it would make installation/updates a single step process.

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:04 pm

ripper121 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:31 pm
Could you add a confirmation for the reset of a game?
I have added it.

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:05 pm

ducalex wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:00 am
Very impressive. I really like in the lynx emulator it asks if I want to save state when I press menu!

I think you should bundle the metadata with the .fw, it would make installation/updates a single step process.
I have adjusted the MENU button and bundled the needed pictures with the firmware file.

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:01 pm

I have have updated the emulators and bundled a new version:

https://github.com/pelle7/odroid-go-emu ... cher-1.0.0
- GO-Play emulators
- Atari 2600
- Atari 7800
- Atari Lynx
- ZX Spectrum
- All emulators have now the in game menu, Save, Load, Quicksave and Quickload support
These users thanked the author pelle7 for the post:
DanRoid (Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:15 am)

lordhardware
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:56 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: U3
Odroid-W
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by lordhardware » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:26 pm

Thanks for this Pelle :)

DanRoid
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:24 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by DanRoid » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:11 am

Brilliant launcher, I especially appreciate the inclusion of the Atari emulators. However whenever I use the menu button the game shows the timer but the game doesn't save.

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:20 am

DanRoid wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:11 am
Brilliant launcher, I especially appreciate the inclusion of the Atari emulators. However whenever I use the menu button the game shows the timer but the game doesn't save.
Are you Holding the Button for About 1 or 2 seconds. Finally the blue light should blink.

Is it with one specific Emulator?

DanRoid
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:24 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by DanRoid » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:01 am

pelle7 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:20 am
DanRoid wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:11 am
Brilliant launcher, I especially appreciate the inclusion of the Atari emulators. However whenever I use the menu button the game shows the timer but the game doesn't save.
Are you Holding the Button for About 1 or 2 seconds. Finally the blue light should blink.

Is it with one specific Emulator?
OK, I wasn't holding the button long enough, the timer fooled me into thinking it was working. Thanks again for a brilliant job.

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:22 am

New version:

https://github.com/pelle7/odroid-go-emu ... cher-1.0.1
- Atari Lynx updated: It's 30% faster! Many games now run at full speed.
These users thanked the author pelle7 for the post (total 5):
ripper121 (Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:14 am) • odroid (Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:17 am) • lordhardware (Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:29 am) • ducalex (Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:12 pm) • DanRoid (Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:09 pm)

DanRoid
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:24 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by DanRoid » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:15 pm

Many thanks for all your efforts, this is fantastic. I really like having all the emulators available in one place and the menu options from the volume button are brilliant, especially saving the volume setting. I am particularly enjoying the lynx emulator, I've got a lynx in a cupboard where it's been for longer than I can remember, the combination of the Odroid-go and the lynx emulator is bringing back many happy memories.

ripper121
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by ripper121 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:48 am

I'm missing the Funktion to switch between speaker and external DAC :(

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:25 am

ripper121 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:48 am
I'm missing the Funktion to switch between speaker and external DAC :(
I have only the internal Speaker.. I look into the code I have not looked at specifically yet ..... ...

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:10 am

PC Engine Emulator for the ODROID-GO.
It is based on huexpress.

https://github.com/pelle7/odroid-go-emu ... cher-1.0.2

It's for the most part playable and testable.

For example:
* Galaga 88 runs nearly full speed
* SideArms runs with 50 fps from 60fps

Current limitations:

* Frameskip 2 or higher (default 2)
* Something is slightly wrong with the sound :-(
* No QuickSave and QuickLoad
* No Save or Load to SD-Card
These users thanked the author pelle7 for the post (total 3):
rooted (Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:51 pm) • ripper121 (Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:31 pm) • DanRoid (Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:56 pm)

DanRoid
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:24 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by DanRoid » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:59 pm

Excellent work. I've tried a few PC Engine games and they all run smoothly, I don't really care about the sound. Blazing Lazers, Bonk's Adventure, Columns, Galaga '90, R-Type and Soldier Blade are all good.

ducalex
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 3:29 am
languages_spoken: english, french
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by ducalex » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:08 am

I played a bit and it seems to work pretty good for a first release. You're quite talented at porting emulators!

Have you considered looking at snes9x? I failed to make it playable, but I had also failed with handy and yet yours works perfectly!

ripper121
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by ripper121 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:34 pm

@pelle7 could you please add Battery Info and Protection?

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:29 pm

ripper121 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:34 pm
@pelle7 could you please add Battery Info and Protection?
Batterry Info: yes :-)

What do you mean with battery protection?

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:33 pm

pelle7 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:25 am
ripper121 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:48 am
I'm missing the Funktion to switch between speaker and external DAC :(
I have only the internal Speaker.. I look into the code I have not looked at specifically yet ..... ...
Within odroid_sound there is a different behaviour depending on "dac".

I will add the option to the ingame Menu.

Like brightness and volume this setting would be for all emus.

ripper121
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by ripper121 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:07 pm

pelle7 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:29 pm
ripper121 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:34 pm
@pelle7 could you please add Battery Info and Protection?
Batterry Info: yes :-)

What do you mean with battery protection?
https://github.com/hardkernel/ODROID-GO ... /battery.h

Code: Select all

GO.Battery.setProtection(true);
GO.Battery.getPercentage();
Not sure if you use this source in your project but you can copy paste it from there.

setProtection(true) will check the Battery Voltage and if its to low the ESP32 will be shut down to save the Battery against undervoltage (I think the Battery has a HW which protect it but to be save I use this funktion)
Last edited by ripper121 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ripper121
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by ripper121 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:09 pm

pelle7 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:33 pm
pelle7 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:25 am
ripper121 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:48 am
I'm missing the Funktion to switch between speaker and external DAC :(
I have only the internal Speaker.. I look into the code I have not looked at specifically yet ..... ...
Within odroid_sound there is a different behaviour depending on "dac".

I will add the option to the ingame Menu.

Like brightness and volume this setting would be for all emus.
For my MP3 Player I was using this Go-Play implementation:

https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/g ... id_audio.c

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:44 am

New version with some tweaks:
- Color adjustments
- Battery widget
- Config menu like the in-game menus (Volume, brightness and Speaker/DAC)

https://github.com/pelle7/odroid-go-emu ... cher-1.0.3

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 am

ripper121 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:09 pm
pelle7 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:33 pm
pelle7 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:25 am
ripper121 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:48 am
I'm missing the Funktion to switch between speaker and external DAC :(
I have only the internal Speaker.. I look into the code I have not looked at specifically yet ..... ...
Within odroid_sound there is a different behaviour depending on "dac".

I will add the option to the ingame Menu.

Like brightness and volume this setting would be for all emus.
For my MP3 Player I was using this Go-Play implementation:

https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/g ... id_audio.c
For testing I have added the option in the go-emu launcher. Through the VOLUME button the config menu appears.

I have not verified it, but I think the most emus use the config option. At least I don't hear anything, if I use DAC within the Atari Lynx emu :-)

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:55 am

ripper121 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:07 pm
pelle7 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:29 pm
ripper121 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:34 pm
@pelle7 could you please add Battery Info and Protection?
Batterry Info: yes :-)

What do you mean with battery protection?
https://github.com/hardkernel/ODROID-GO ... /battery.h

Code: Select all

GO.Battery.setProtection(true);
GO.Battery.getPercentage();
Not sure if you use this source in your project but you can copy paste it from there.

setProtection(true) will check the Battery Voltage and if its to low the ESP32 will be shut down to save the Battery against undervoltage (I think the Battery has a HW which protect it but to be save I use this funktion)
Thanks for the hint. I looked into the code. Within my environment I can't use it directly, I will apply the code

Code: Select all

	if(this->_enable_protection == true) {
		int curr_voltage = (int)(getVoltage() * 100);

		if(curr_voltage <= BATTERY_CUTOFF) {
			esp_deep_sleep(30 * 60 * 1000000);
			esp_deep_sleep_start();
		}
to aaaaaall emus and go-emu :roll:

ripper121
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by ripper121 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:42 pm

Its only a suggestion, I think the Go Battery has a built in protection circuit. But I turned it always on anyways.
If you have the Version with DAC support I can test it for you (only need the FW file).

I saw a Branch with Wifi, what's it got to do with that?

Liebe Grüße aus Thüringen ;)

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:21 pm

ripper121 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:42 pm
Its only a suggestion, I think the Go Battery has a built in protection circuit. But I turned it always on anyways.
If you have the Version with DAC support I can test it for you (only need the FW file).

I saw a Branch with Wifi, what's it got to do with that?

Liebe Grüße aus Thüringen ;)
- the new Version has a config entry for Speaker or DAC. It could already work

Several weeks ago I tested WiFi. It works :)
With a WLAN.txt file it connects. Then files can be transmitted through http PUT, GET and DELETE.

The folder is optional for putting, the file is Stored according to the Extension.

I am no html or java script programmer. I'd. Like a Static page. Which uses These functions for browsing and dropping files.......

Viele Grüße aus Baden-Württemberg

pjexposito
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:03 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pjexposito » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:14 pm

Maybe you can use code from this project to add ftp support over wifi. Doing this js or html is not needed.

ripper121
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by ripper121 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:11 pm

Or this -> viewtopic.php?f=162&t=35893
its mostly html, you can leave out the js part.

ripper121
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by ripper121 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:17 pm

DAC is working fine :), great work :).
- not Tested PCEngine and Sinclair
- not working with Atari Emulators

Would be nice to have more volume options then 0-4 (or only with DAC more then 4)

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:55 am

ripper121 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:17 pm
DAC is working fine :), great work :).
- not Tested PCEngine and Sinclair
- not working with Atari Emulators

Would be nice to have more volume options then 0-4 (or only with DAC more then 4)
1. Atari Lynx should probably work too. I look up all usages of "odroid_audio_init" and apply the audio sink option and source code.

2. Volume options! Yes I'd like also more volume options (with the speaker too). Since we press left and right it's ok I think.

I personally like some options between 0 and 1?

The current scala is:
static int volumeLevels[] = {0, 125, 250, 500, 1000};

I would give it a try, but perhaps two further values between 0 and 125 and then in the middle of the other values? Perhaps just double, one in the middle of each? I test it.

This would break the "compatibility" with the original Go-Play firmware. If you wan't to use it at the same time, the config area must be cleaned up (if the volume is greater then 4), f.e. in the multi-firmware program.

ducalex
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 3:29 am
languages_spoken: english, french
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by ducalex » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:13 am

pelle7 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:55 am
This would break the "compatibility" with the original Go-Play firmware. If you wan't to use it at the same time, the config area must be cleaned up (if the volume is greater then 4), f.e. in the multi-firmware program.
The multi-firmware program now isolates the NVS for each application, your changes won't affect Go-Play!
These users thanked the author ducalex for the post:
pelle7 (Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:06 am)

pelle7
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, ODROID-HC1, ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Contact:

Re: go-emu-launcher

Unread post by pelle7 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:40 am

https://github.com/pelle7/odroid-go-emu ... cher-1.0.4

- Added battery icon to the in-game menu of the emulators
- Added Speaker/DAC option to in-game menu of the emulators (toggle seems to work within the games)
- Added the DAC code to the Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 emulators
These users thanked the author pelle7 for the post (total 3):
ripper121 (Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:21 pm) • DanRoid (Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:10 pm) • ducalex (Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:17 am)

Post Reply

Return to “Game Emulators”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest