Antonio369
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: GO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

load games title screen?

Unread post by Antonio369 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:37 pm

hello GO peeps!

just a question, is there a way of loaded a games title screen eg. pokemon games and load a save file? i made the mistake of not doing the reset save thing and lost a fair bit of time but now im use to it however i have made a slight mistake and need to get to the pokemon title screen to fix it but if i press A it just reloads me to where i last reset and if i press i believe "start" then well i lose it all.

if not then not the biggest issue but would be nice to access it.

also anyone know of someone who can 3D print some cool colour buttons as the set i got from e bay dont fit.

thanks

konig

Re: load games title screen?

Unread post by konig » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:28 am

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=159&t=31414

TLDR; while the game emulator IS RUNNING, power off the console, hold the start button, then power back on. According to the thread, this resets the emulator without wiping the save state though I have not tested it personally.

Antonio369

Unread post by Antonio369 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:39 pm

konig wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:28 am
See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=159&t=31414

TLDR; while the game emulator IS RUNNING, power off the console, hold the start button, then power back on. According to the thread, this resets the emulator without wiping the save state though I have not tested it personally.
thanks bud!

i tested it on another pokemon game and it does work, however with a good few hours put into this game im to scared to try it

konig

Unread post by konig » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:23 am

Load up another game in the emulator to get the odroid to flush your save state to the micro sd card, then take the card out and copy a backup of the whole thing to your computer. Then try the reset and if you bork your save state, just wipe the card and restore the backup

Return to “General Topics”