ODROID GameStation Turbo with Kodi for XU3/XU4

Very powerful gaming console solution based on Debian
meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105)

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo with XBMC for XU3

Unread post by meveric » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:37 am

the syslog is logging all boots per day it gets rotated once a day.. aside from that it keeps logging even if you restart the system 100 times a day :)
Right now i'm not sure what else to look at.. Let me think about it and later update a small bugfix version.

The image right now does not have MFC activated.. so the movies you're watching are basicly just software encoded.. As long as you don't watch high compressed h264 1080p movies that's fine with the image.. if you want to watch 1080p movies, software decoding might not be enough, that's what the update is for. But yes, MFC is very instable at the moment on the XU3. Wished it could be fixed soon.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

uchihakyo
languages_spoken: portuguese,english
ODROIDs: xu3 lite
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by uchihakyo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:04 am

meveric wrote:the syslog is logging all boots per day it gets rotated once a day.. aside from that it keeps logging even if you restart the system 100 times a day :)
Right now i'm not sure what else to look at.. Let me think about it and later update a small bugfix version.

The image right now does not have MFC activated.. so the movies you're watching are basicly just software encoded.. As long as you don't watch high compressed h264 1080p movies that's fine with the image.. if you want to watch 1080p movies, software decoding might not be enough, that's what the update is for. But yes, MFC is very instable at the moment on the XU3. Wished it could be fixed soon.
but looking at the syslog there' is no 'bug' boot after all. I'll wait for that up version and check it

Its getting weird and weird because 90% of my movies and tv shows are 1080p and i'm pretty sure most are h.264 (have to check that). Im so sure of h/w (mfc) decode was working because of that and fps above 30 :|

meveric
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105)

Unread post by meveric » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:01 am

you just have to press the "o"-key on the keyboard and look if it says ff-h264 or mfc-h264 or something similar... most movies should show "ff-" the XU3 has a very good CPU which can even decode some 1080p movies in software mode :)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

opie
languages_spoken: english

Unread post by opie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Do you have an xboxdrv configuration file for getting the 360 controller to work in XBMC? The 'xpad' kernel module doesn't work for me and my wireless 360 controller won't sync to the wireless receiver. If I use xboxdrv it syncs properly and xboxdrv even sees the buttons/joystick/etc presses, however they're not mapped properly in XBMC so it causes issues.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:08 pm

It does work.. you just don't should to expect to look like on the xbox.. it will constantly blink but still work. I also use a wireless XBox 360 controller on my XU3, it's working just fine.

uchihakyo

Unread post by uchihakyo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:28 am

meveric wrote:the syslog is logging all boots per day it gets rotated once a day.. aside from that it keeps logging even if you restart the system 100 times a day :)

hello, maverick. Just to update my case, i've made more tests and seems that my failed boot are over after doing a wipe (with zero) and writing the img with "dd".
Thank you for the support :D

Now i have the problem with reboot and halt... its doesn't seems to completely shutdown, the fan goes on and red + green light and keep it that way.

I took a picture about the last messages on screen, maybe syslog and dmseg could help in this case too ?
Attachments
reboot.png
reboot.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 10983 times

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:45 am

hello uchicago,

i'm glad you were able to fix the boot issue you had.

I'm not sure what could cause the system not to shutdown correctly.. I will try later this evening with the two XU3 i have to see how they react to it, but i can't remember to have any issues with it.
Logs are the same as with booting.. syslog and dmesg should be the most interesting.. To see what happens during booting and stopping.. problem is it might already be outside of the normal logging process.
Would be best to have an UART to debug it, so you have more detailed log output on another machine to log what's going on.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:04 am

well, i checked on my ODROID XU3 used the halt command from console and the XU3 turned off completly.
I turned it back on using the power switch and turned it off using the system menu to do so.. worked fine as well

uchihakyo

Unread post by uchihakyo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:23 am

meveric wrote:well, i checked on my ODROID XU3 used the halt command from console and the XU3 turned off completly.
I turned it back on using the power switch and turned it off using the system menu to do so.. worked fine as well
could you please check the "restart" command and menu option ?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:31 pm

restart through menu and through reboot command per console are working fine as well.. as far as i know no one ever reported issues with restart.. only with shutting down.. and both work.

opie

Unread post by opie » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:50 pm

meveric wrote:It does work.. you just don't should to expect to look like on the xbox.. it will constantly blink but still work. I also use a wireless XBox 360 controller on my XU3, it's working just fine.
Ah, you're correct. How can I change buttons if I want to though? I want to switch the X and A mappings :-)

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:56 pm

depends on where you want to change it.. XBMC can't be changed.. retroarch (emulator frontend) can be changed either by pressing F1 and change the setting through the menu, or by editing the config file /home/odroid/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg and simply exchanging the values for X and A button.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:55 pm

Update 1:

generally this update brings the image to the same level as the U2/U3 image which some additional bugfixes..
It also fixes the issues with MFC and CEC thanks to OverSun.

Kernel:
  • Updated Kernel and headers to 3.10.63+
XBMC:
  • Updated XBMC to 13.2-FINAL
  • Added more Emulators to XBMC (see Changes)
Changes:
  • Added CTRl + ALT + T as a terminal Shortcut
  • Added Software Center to easily install Applications and Games
  • Added Update Manager which will inform you if new updates are available
  • Changed notification Theme to Coco (easier to read)
  • Added wheezy-update-propost to the sources list
  • Updated libcec to latest version (uses HDMI Port 1)
  • Updated mednafen to 0.9.37.1 (see changelog)
  • Updated retroarch to current 1.0.0.3 build
  • Upon first boot, Ethernet MAC address will be randomized and filesystem resized to full SD/eMMC size also generates new ssh key
  • Replaced LibreOffice 3.5.4 with the current Wheezy Backports version 4.3.2
  • Updated PPSSPP emulator to a late 0.9.9.1 version with some new features planed for the next version already included
  • Updated all possible libretro cores to newer versions
  • Updated retroarch-core-good and retroarch-core-bad package and included info about the different cores to /usr/local/share/doc/
  • Added PC Engine SuperGrafx Support through mednafen_supergrafx libretro core
  • Added NXEngine (Cave Story) Support through nxengine libretro core (game included in ROMS/CaveStory as well as starter under ROMS/LINUX)
  • Added Odyssey 2 Support through o2em libretro core
  • Added Vectex Support through vecx libretro core
  • Added Sega Saturn Support through yabause libretro core (somewhat slow)
  • Added Atari Jaguar Support through virtualjaguar libretro core
  • Added Sega SG-1000 Support through genesis_plus_gx libretro core (added as Sega Master System variant)
  • Added game 2048 through 2048 libretro core (standalone core/game)
  • Added game dinothawr through dinothawr libretro core (gamefiles and starter included)
  • Added folders for new systems
  • Added new starters for the new systems
  • Created new package for starters (ogst-starters-xbmc and later ogst-starters-kodi) to easily fix issues with starters in the future
  • Replaced GBA mednafen_gba libretro core with meteor libretro core due to better sound and music quality (please report back if you encounter any issues)
  • Replaced mame_0152 libretro core with current mame core (install retroarch-cores-bad package in case you want to revert to older cores)
  • Added support for more file extensions
  • Removed PushOver as an demo game
Fixes:
  • Activated filesystem check during boot
  • Did some filesystem cleanup
  • Created missing folder for N64 ROMS
  • Removed folder for C64 games (emulator not included and it caused some confusion)
  • Separated NeoGeo from MAME ROMs (created own folder and adapted search paths)
  • Fixed search for Atari 2600 games (exchanged .zip for .a26 as a file extension)
  • Switched starter for Sega Master System from mednafen to genesis
  • Fixed an issue where XBMC crashed when you switched between movies or jumped back and forth in the timeline (thanks to OverSun)
  • Included CEC support in Kernel (thanks to OverSun)
New Features:
New Retroarch Cores:
PC Engine SuperGrafx
NXEngine (Cave Story)
Odyssey 2 (Philips Videopac)
Vectex
Sega Saturn
Atari Jaguar
Sega SG-1000
2048 (Puzzlegame)
Dinothawr (Puzzlegame)

Infos to new and all other cores used on the image can be found in /usr/local/share/doc/retroarch-cores-good/

As always, if you find any issues, please report back, so i can fix them :)

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:30 am

Patch:
Everyone should do a system update, either by using the update manager from the Control Panel or by typing

Code: Select all

su
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade
i just added a new libretro core for N64 which really boost performance..
you should change the settings for CPU Core to dynamic_recompiler either by editing the configuration file found in /home/odroid/.config/retroarch/retroarch-core-options.cfg
or by pressing F1 in a N64 game -> Core Options -> CPU Core -> set to dynamic_recompiler..

You can play around with other options, such as higher resolutions or different GFX Plugins (although glide64 seems to work best)

Obehaglig
ODROIDs: XU3-Lite

Unread post by Obehaglig » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:49 pm

Hello Gamestation turbo people, users, creators and so on! :)

This project inspired me to jump right into this Odroid thing without any knowledge of just about anything,
booted the image and updated and everything and even imported games but suddenly i hit a wall on this XU3-Lite.

I normally don't ask for help about issues but search for answers but at the moment i feel kinda stuck, sorry if this isnt the place to ask this.

I have the roms in the correct places, they are found by the browser and imported but i feel like things are not running properly.

The issues i have are the following:

NES and SNES works perfectly, but whenever i swap a game i get stuck in a black screen, can i do somethign about this or is there an alternative way? -Makes me have to reboot.
PS1 wont launch atall, i just get a blink and nothing happens. Is there settings i dont know about?
NDS is quite much stuck at 20 - 30fps, is there any settings that can be changed to improve on this, this is in full screen mode, it got even worse in windowed.
MAME, what version of roms does the emulator run? Cant run the version i have now.

Again sorry if this is not the place to ask this, and sorry that iam totally new to this :)

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:15 am

Obehaglig wrote:Hello Gamestation turbo people, users, creators and so on! :)

This project inspired me to jump right into this Odroid thing without any knowledge of just about anything,
booted the image and updated and everything and even imported games but suddenly i hit a wall on this XU3-Lite.

I normally don't ask for help about issues but search for answers but at the moment i feel kinda stuck, sorry if this isnt the place to ask this.
Asking is never a problem, if you don't ask about things you don't know or understand, how else are you suppose to learn new things? :)
Obehaglig wrote: I have the roms in the correct places, they are found by the browser and imported but i feel like things are not running properly.

The issues i have are the following:

NES and SNES works perfectly, but whenever i swap a game i get stuck in a black screen, can i do somethign about this or is there an alternative way? -Makes me have to reboot.
Normally you shouldn't get stuck.. BUT, i can tell that the GPU and framebuffer drivers for the ODROID XU3(-Lite) are not very good right now and the XU3(-Lite) can crash or end in a black screen every now and than.
It already got less with the most recent Kernel update but it's still there.. I actually wanted to add a shellscript and a KeyBoard shortcut to at least solve the Black Screen issue.. but since it got less often, i did not create the script.
I might work on it in the next days and see if i can make a script to solve this and put up a description on how to do it.
You might work around by pressing CTRL + ALT + F1 for now, but this will reset your entire X11 session and you end up in the login screen. (not the best solution, but might work for now)
Sadly the crashes can't be resolved until we get better drivers for the XU3.. Sadly XU3 is not very high on HardKernels priority list :(
Obehaglig wrote: PS1 wont launch atall, i just get a blink and nothing happens. Is there settings i dont know about?
PS1 requires BIOS files being placed in /home/odroid/ROMS
check /usr/local/share/doc/retroarch-core-good/ there are infos about the cores that i use and what they need (like BIOS files for example)
Also if you are unsure why something does not work a good way to "debug" is to exit XBMC, start a terminal window and type "xbmc" then start your game where you have issues with and quit xbmc.. then check the output in the terminal to see what the game was complaining about :)
Obehaglig wrote:NDS is quite much stuck at 20 - 30fps, is there any settings that can be changed to improve on this, this is in full screen mode, it got even worse in windowed.
It really depends on the games.. mist 2D games are running fine in 40, 50 or even 60 FPS.. 3D games can drop to 40 FPS or low depending on the game.. some games run good such as Rune Factory 3, others are much slower it really depends on the game.
If you press F1 in the game you open the emulator settings... under "core settings" you can configure the settings for the specific core (in this case DeSmuME for NDS)..
Make sure FrameSkip is set to 3.. higher values should give better performance but you might skip too many frames and the gaming experience might be strange..
Obehaglig wrote:MAME, what version of roms does the emulator run? Cant run the version i have now.
The emulator uses mame in version 0155 if i remember corectly.. but should be able to run older ROMs as well.. MAME is VERY picky.. you should use the terminal trick that i told you about above to check the output for mame.. it often needs certain BIOS files (placed in the mame folder) to run.. like neogeo.zip and qsound.zip and so on..
Obehaglig wrote:Again sorry if this is not the place to ask this, and sorry that iam totally new to this :)
Nope your fine here that's what this thread is all about solving issues with my image :)
You should check my signature, there is a link to the U2/U3 version of the same image.. lots of stuff is discussed there and the included emulators are described in much more detail there..
Also alot of questions where already be answered in that Thread as well.. so you might be able to find what you search there too..
Or just keep asking :)

Obehaglig

Unread post by Obehaglig » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Hello meveric, thank you for the quick advice!

The black screen is not near as annoying anymore now, happens seldom.

I also got the PSX working with the bios files, had to rename one though.

Now the only problem i have left is getting Mame working :)

I tried getting all the bios and sutch, are they supposed to end up in the game browser when i import games?

Also this is the warning i get now:

dylib_load :: dylib_load() failed: "/usr/local/share/retroarch/cores/good/mamretro.so: cannot open shared object file: No sutch file or directory"

load_symbols :: Failed to open dynamic library: "/usr/local/share/retroarch/cores/good/mamretro.so"

rarch_main_init :: Fatal error recieved in "load_dynamic()"

Then i tried opening another game giving me the same error.

Worked hours to get the PSX working and now iam just stuck with this one. :)

Please help if possible.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:35 pm

Obehaglig wrote:I tried getting all the bios and sutch, are they supposed to end up in the game browser when i import games?
Sadly yes.. the BIOS files are stored in the same way as normal games are stored (as .zip files) and they have to be in the same folder as the games as well.. so there is no way to exclude them from being found during import :(
Obehaglig wrote: Also this is the warning i get now:

dylib_load :: dylib_load() failed: "/usr/local/share/retroarch/cores/good/mamretro.so: cannot open shared object file: No sutch file or directory"

load_symbols :: Failed to open dynamic library: "/usr/local/share/retroarch/cores/good/mamretro.so"

rarch_main_init :: Fatal error recieved in "load_dynamic()"
looks like this is my mistake it's suppose to be /usr/local/share/retroarch/cores/good/mame_libretro.so guess something got messed up when i created this.. But i'm gonna fix that right now and upload a new starter package so just do a system update and this should be fixed.

Obehaglig

Unread post by Obehaglig » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:27 am

Thank you meveric, i updated and instantly Mame started working.

Now i just need to fix some bad dump bios roms :)

Would the XU3 be able to emulate playstation 2 games too?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:00 am

Nope.. PS2 won't work.. but i just got a DreamCast emulator to work.. not sure if i'm gonna be able to include it anytime soon, since there is quite some stuff to be figured out (like the mapping of the controls, and how to start different images, etc.) pure rendering performance of the XU3 was awesome.. i'd say 200-300 FPS (at least that's what it felt like^^)
Maybe that's something to look forward to.. and maybe in the future GameCube and Wii games as well.. but that's not on the list anytime soon :)

Obehaglig

Unread post by Obehaglig » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:58 am

Sounds amazing, its nice to hear that things like this advance and that there is always interest.

Ive been enjoying my XU3-Lite now but i tried to get the N64 working but came up with an error like this, tried to solve it myself but i really could not get anywhere:

Retroarch [ERROR] :: rarch_log_libretro :: [libretro ERROR] :: 0:30: L0002: Undeclared variable 'gl_FragDepthEXT'
Retroarch [ERROR] :: rarch_log_libretro :: [libretro ERROR] :: Link failed because of invalid fragment shader. Audio RomOpen.
Input Romopen.

This happens with all roms ive tried.

The N64 core dosent start atall so i cant setup Retroarch ingame, and i cant find any retroarch-core-options.cfg file. Even with search.

Am i missing some file? I did all the updates i could and tried my best to find the .cfg file but just didnt find anything.

Sorry for asking for help again, i try but what i know is not enough :)

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:32 am

the config file should be in /home/odroid/.config/retroarch/ you probably can swith to rice instead of glide64 to fix this.. but normally glide64 should work fine
This error should not happen on the XU3, it's very confusing, cause gl_FragDepthEXT should be part of GLESv3 it's already part of GLESv2 and i use the emulator on my XU3 without issue.
Did you update the image to the latest version? can you check which version of the retroarch-cores-good package you have installed?

apt-cache policy retroarch-cores-good

Cartridge
languages_spoken: english, french natively
ODROIDs: The Perfect ODROID-U2, ODROID-U3+, C1, XU3

Unread post by Cartridge » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:26 am

Hello meveric,

I've received my O-Xu3 today! Very awesome but I wonder which image is best for developping and testing programs, mainly games. Would your image do the trick?
http://cartridgeports.cf/
ODROID's DO what WinDON'T "That's Blast Processing!"

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:33 am

Sure why not.. I do it all the time.. I use the same image on the U3 and that's where i build all the software on..

But actually you don't need to build on the XU3.. you can build on any ODROID you want :)

skint
ODROIDs: ODROID XU3 - soon!

Unread post by skint » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:48 pm

Any chance of implementing Emulationstation into this? Would be awesome.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:06 am

not sure why this would be "awesome", but you can install emulationstation by simply tying:

su -
apt-get install emulationstation-odroid
Then you set up your system file for emulation station and can use it. You can get an idea on what command lines to use to run the emulator if you check /usr/local/bin/*-xbmc

sequoiagrove
ODROIDs: XU3 Lite

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Is mate version or jessie version best for xu3 lite?

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:13 pm

OK so I flashed the Jessie image and it boots into command prompt.

I type startx and it says connection refused.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:25 pm

The Jessie is just for testing right now..

su
nano /boot/boot.ini
Edit the following line:

setenv bootrootfs "console=tty1 console=ttySAC2,115200n8 root=UUID=e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859 rootwait ro"
to

setenv bootrootfs "console=tty1 console=ttySAC2,115200n8 root=UUID=e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859 rootwait rw"
Then press CTRL + X and confirm with "y" and enter.

After reboot it should work.

But you're better off with the Mate version for now.. since the Jessie version is not 100% tested yet (generally both should work though)

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:44 pm

already deleted it and flashed MATE. it loaded into X but rebooted (quick display of error seems it was due to my sdcard being smaller than yours so it resized the partition and booted fine.

what's the difference between lxterminal and mate terminal?

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:46 pm

your key layout is funky haha
and lsusb command is missing.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:52 pm

The image is setup in a way, that on the first boot some configurations are made that have to be done manually on the Images from hardkernel.. resizing the image to it's full size requires restart that's why on the "first boot" it actually boots twice. The first boot is to change the partition size, create a random MAC address, and creating new SSH certificates...
After the second boot it's completly working.

The Keyboard layout can be changed using "dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration" which will take effect after reboot.
lsusb is not preinstalled, that's true, but can easily be installed if needed.

MATE Terminal is a clone of the gnome2 terminal with all its features.. which are slightly better than the lxterminal.. Lxterminal can't do fullscreen for example. Mate should be able to do so by pressing F11.

Edit:
Also make sure to do a full system upgrade:

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade
and you should install malit628-odroid this package will be used in the future to update graphics drivers.

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:22 pm

ok, I already did full upgrade.

I get an annoying popup at every boot. "log onto keychain". Can I make it do this automatically?

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:25 pm

why is vice not integrated in xbmc? its impossible?

glmark2-es2 score 113 in fullscreen.

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:01 pm

which program do you use for CPU performance monitoring? I find nmon to be too oldschool. lubuntu had a real graphical version.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:31 pm

the keychain password is setup when you configure a wireless connection for example.. it's asking you to setup a password the first time you use it.
If you define a password there, you always have to type in the password in case you want to connect to the WLAN.
If you choose to NOT setup a password for the keychain file on the first time. The passwords will be stored unencrypted and therefore no password is needed to encrypt it. Resulting in that the system can log onto WLAN automatically without password...

vice wasn't really working stable yet and i haven't had much time to look into it.. By now it's finally in a state where it could be included, although it still lacks good joysick support which makes it hard to use.. But generally it's possible to include in XBMC as well, actually the pre-conditions are already included and it only needs a start script to work.

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:05 pm

my mouse is lefthanded in the desktop, but other apps (xmbc for example) still uses it as a right handed mouse?

I see on the web many methods to delete this keyring password, but none of the conditions for deleting it exist in this OS. (a hidden file to delete, or an accessory app with a GUI to change it).

I tested x64 fullscreen, and PSP emulation, and it works. Except when I exit psp when started from xbmc, xbmc is windowed mode and I cant exit it. Have to run system monitor and kill it.

Joystick support in vice is perfect so far.

And I found the MATE system monitor :)

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:25 pm

sequoiagrove wrote:my mouse is lefthanded in the desktop, but other apps (xmbc for example) still uses it as a right handed mouse?
Don't know about this, i'm righthanded and never changed the setup.
sequoiagrove wrote:I see on the web many methods to delete this keyring password, but none of the conditions for deleting it exist in this OS. (a hidden file to delete, or an accessory app with a GUI to change it).
Delete the files in: /home/odroid/.gnome2/keyrings but you will have to setup your wireless network again.
sequoiagrove wrote:I tested x64 fullscreen, and PSP emulation, and it works. Except when I exit psp when started from xbmc, xbmc is windowed mode and I cant exit it. Have to run system monitor and kill it.
XBMC returning to window mode is a rather common issue and caused by XBMC itself.. you can press "\" on your keyboard to return to fullscreen mode while having XBMC active. There are some tweaks on the RomCollection Browser settings that can be tried to change... (basicly timeouts on how to wait before trying to go back to fullscreen after a program was ended and options like this)
sequoiagrove wrote:Joystick support in vice is perfect so far.
No it's not, it highly depends on the game.. Try running "Mafia" (originally a german game) the keyboard layout is very strange and it takes rather long to figure out how to move the character on the screen. The original game was controlled by arrow keys, but that doesn't work here.
Other games might work fine though.
sequoiagrove wrote:And I found the MATE system monitor :)
That's nothing new.. LXDE unter Ubuntu (or Debian) has a system monitor as well..

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:50 pm

well, we played IK+ with two ps3 gamepads just fine.

seems to me joystick support doesnt work for mafia, because the game doesnt use a joystick.

Games that do use joysticks work fine.

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:52 am

OK , so I can go back to fullscreen in xbmc with \ but I still cannot quit the rom browser. its stuck. I have to either pull teh plug (fastest) or go to windowed mode, and system monitor kill process.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:22 am

sounds very odd.. never had XBMC stucked.. normally you just hit ESC or backspace and you're out of the ROM Collection Browser.. That is, unless the Emulator (probably vice) does not quit properly, cause than XBMC is waiting for the emulator to end..
You should check if vice (x64) is still running, if so you should kill that instead.

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:56 am

its after psp. I dont have vice in xbmc.

So is PSP the best gfx emulator (since dreamcast is not part of hte package)?

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:52 am

One thing that worked better in hardkernal lubuntu was the browser. In gamestation image the browser cannot play youtube videos fluently. Chromium could. but chromium cannot be installed in this image . some packages are "held"?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:21 am

nope, the Chromium is hard to compile and Ubuntu is using its own process to do so.. Debian does not do the same, so the main package can not be built.
There is a Chromium 22 that can be installed (took it from RPi) but that's rather outdated.
I use otter-browser instead.. it's playing youtube videos, but i generally like this browser very much.. is very fast.
Also YouTube videos i watch over XBMC where they run the best..

PSP is the most modern system running on ODROID devices and yes it has the best graphics.

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:37 am

Trying htat browser then.

WEll, Soul Calibur on dreamcast seems way ahead of hte games in PSP I tried so far. too bad it crashes every 10 min. Does it crash on you too?

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:28 am

I have this OS in the sdcard and I have eMMC mounted as "trusty".

Id like to clone the SDcard over the eMMC.

I cant see any /dev/sda and b for dd to point to as source and destination. I see /dev/mmblk0 and 1. but how I can see which one of which? fdisk doesnt exist.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:14 pm

PSP has Soul Calibur as well (just as a hint)
normally eMMC is /dev/mmcblk0 and SD should be /dev/mmcblk1.. fdisk is installed, but probably only accessable as root.

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Someone said I might end up with corrupt data if I DD the running OS partition? What if I stop X and just log into command prompt?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:39 pm

still the same.. log files change, background processes always run.

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:46 pm

is it normal that I cannot use a ethernet connection and a wlan connection simultaneously? And in your image I struggle to keep a wired conection. it keeps requesting IP addr. In the lubuntu image I didnt have to do anything with network setup. (but still it would stop wlan to connect to eth).

EDIT: ok if I set a static IP it works. But I didnt have to do this in the other image. what could be set up differently?
Last edited by sequoiagrove on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “OGST-XU4”