Updated image to Debian Jessie
- Updated Kernel and headers to 3.10.82+ (with mali r5p1 support)
- rebuild XBMC for Debian Jessie with CEC and PVR support
- added bromix repository for latest YouTube addon (with this YouTube is still working under XBMC)
- Changed the hostname to gamestation-turbo
- Added Chromium Browser to the standart installation with default options for hardware acceleration
- Added Clementine to the default applications since it's an awesome music player
- Added pavucontrol for additional sound settings (useful for headsets and microphones)
- Ported many programs from Debian Wheezy to Debian Jessie (should run under Ubuntu 14.04 or higher as well)
- Installed Update Manager from Debian Wheezy (no clue it was removed, it's very convenient), sadly Software-Center is not working
- Added Chromium and Clementine to quickstart panel
- Added script to configure GameStation Turbo Image (language, hostname, etc.)
- Installed preload for faster start of frequently used programs
- Updated Retroarch to version 1.2.2
- Updated XBMC starter scripts (new Kodi starter scripts available as well)
- Added filter for Retorach (can improve game experience while not as demanding as shaders)
- Updated retroarch-cores-good to include working N64 libretro core for N64 emulation through retroarch
- Removed ffmpeg-odroid package, since deb-multimedia provides same ffmpeg version
- Cleanup... removed all Debian Wheezy packages leftovers after upgrade
- Added new boot.ini from HardKernel
- Added CPU governor script from HardKernel + systemd integration
- Changed starter for MAME and NeoGeo ROMs
- Changed NeoGeo core to fbalpha
- Changed NES core to fceumm
- Preinstalled Emulationstation
- Added configuration for Emulationstation
- Added option to switch from XBMC to Emulationstation as default frontend
- Fixed /etc/fstab entries
- Fixed first boot script and systemd integration
- Fixed dinothawr starter
- Reworked a few of the Launcher
- Fixed settings for N64 emulation on retroarch
- Debian Jessie fixes a bug with PPSSPP where it was hanging for a second or two every now and then while playing games
- Fixed some ssh behaviour where password promt over ssh took ways to long
- Had to disable Network notifications, since it causes a crash with XBMC open (related to black screen issue)
- Partly fixed a bug in content scraper for mobygames (archive.vg, as well as maws are broken scrapers, maws website is closed completely)
- Removed broken scrapers from Rom Collection Browser config (replaced with giantbomb.com scraper)
- Added script to address black screen issue. press CTRL+ALT+F to refresh screen
- Added SSH Key generation on first boot
- Added button mappings for controller 2-4 to retroarch (rather basic, if needed buttons should be remapped using retroarch GUI)
- Added paths for filters in retroarch
- Added config for automatic Joystick configuration in retroarch (using udev)
- Added DreamCast Support to XBMC
- Added CPS1 and CPS2 (MAME) support in XBMC
- Updated retroarch config for new 1.2.2 version
- Probably some more things i don't remember anymore
Image now uses Debian Jessie which offers very modern drivers and applications while still being very stable and fast.
A new Setup script on the Desktop to change different settings to adapt your preference to the image (for example renaming the main user, disable autostart of xbmc, etc.)
You can now play dreamcast games with this image as well with up to 4 players.
In order to do so you need to place the BIOS files for Dreamcast (dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin) in the /home/odroid/.reicast/data folder.
You might also have to start the emulator without a game once to "format" VMUs in order to save your games.
In /home/odroid/.reicast/emu.cfg you'll find the configuration of reicast emulator. This normally should be fine and does not need to be touch.
In some cases you might want to change the evdev_device_id_X = Y configurations. These configuration options define which device under /dev/input/ should be used for Joystick/Gamepad support.
evdev_device_id_1 = 3 would mean, for the first Dreamcast gamepad the device 3 should be used, which would be /dev/input/event3.
Changed MAME/NeoGeo support:
I created two new folders CPS1 and CPS2.
These are two types of MAME ROMS which are very good supported with the fbalpha core.
I also switched the starter for NeoGeo roms to a fbalpha core since they seems to work much better.
I've updated retroarch-cores-good and retroarch-cores-bad packages which now include a total of 61 different cores that are working on ODROIDs (some are multiple cores for the same System)
Black Screen Issue Workaround:
If you exit XBMC and get a black screen issue, press CTRL+ALT+F that should fix it "for the moment".
Sadly there is still no permanent fix for that issue.
It also prevents me from updating to Kodi.
Basic EmulationStation support:
EmulationStation is now preinstalled and can be started as a default frontend.
It also has a configuration for all the emulators (actually uses the same starters as XBMC)
This is just a basic support. I'm no big fan of EmulationStation, and it seems to have some issues under X11 (does not always return to EmulationStation frontend after you quit a game).
But if you want to use it instead of XBMC you can now choose it as a default fronend in ODROID GameStation Turbo Setup.
If you have any idea of improving this, let me know, i might include it.
New options in ODROID GameStation Turbo setup script:
The ODROID GameStation Turbo setup script gives you options to switch between XBMC (or Kodi) and EmulationStation as default frontend.
It also gives a lot of other options to fine tune your image (such as setting up your language).
Thanks to this i'm also able to update images across different platforms. Means the 3.0 images of the ODROID X,X2,U2/U3 can also be updated to the same version of my image, just by updating the
setup-ogst package through normal system update (apt-get dist-upgrade).
Which makes it easier for me to update all images without having to put out new images for everyone
I've updated the kodi-odroid package to stable version 15.1.
Although it's working on XU3 and all other boards I would HIGHLY advice NOT to use it on the XU3/XU4. It's causing the black screen issue even while simply watching movies!
If the black screen issue would have been fixed, I would have switched to Kodi with this release.
It should be save to switch to Kodi on Exynos 4 devices as well as ODROID C1, i was able to enable Joystick support in Kodi 15.1, which is a huge improvement over Kodi 14
Please note: right now Kodi 15.1 is build without CEC support, since Kodi 15.1 requires CEC version 3.0.
If you switch to Kodi you should also install the package ogst-starters-kodi for Kodi launchers of the emulators.