ODROID GameStation Turbo with Kodi for XU3/XU4

Very powerful gaming console solution based on Debian
meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo with XBMC for XU3

Unread post by meveric » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:51 pm

LAN is normally always preferred. Same goes for regular Linux und Windows PCs. The LAN interface basicly has a higher priority.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

sequoiagrove
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU3 Lite
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:56 pm

On Windows I can have my internet connection on wifi and connect to my Gigevision cameras through LAN, simultaneously. Are you telling me that windows can do something technical that linux cant?

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:58 pm

Ok, now I copied the disk over to the eMMC through a img file, on my windows. So I need to resize the partition to use the bigger eMMC. Can I just run your first_run script, or will this fuck things up that I installed later?

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:01 pm

crap I see your script deletes the resize mechanism.

using resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2 gives a warning: the filesystem is already 1584416 blocks long. Nothing to do. I copied the disk from 16Gb SD to 64Gb eMMC.

Ah I missed the fdisk part. Now its resized.

meveric
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2

Unread post by meveric » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:42 pm

sequoiagrove wrote:On Windows I can have my internet connection on wifi and connect to my Gigevision cameras through LAN, simultaneously. Are you telling me that windows can do something technical that linux cant?
Nope, it's the same under Windows.. LAN is preferred that does not mean it's used as the only way of connectivity.. But if your default gateway from your LAN is a different than the default gateway from your WLAN it will always take the one from the LAN.
sequoiagrove wrote:Ok, now I copied the disk over to the eMMC through a img file, on my windows. So I need to resize the partition to use the bigger eMMC. Can I just run your first_run script, or will this fuck things up that I installed later?
You can use the script, but it will change MAC address and SSH key as well.. so you might get a different IP address or something.. no big deal.. (but make sure only one is connected, either eMMC or SD not both at the same time when you do this)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:59 pm

But the 3wifi stops working when I connect the LAN cable. On windows it keeps working.

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:51 am

Browserwise its still not good. otter browser can play videos fine in the window. But it cannot go fullscreen and if I use cinema mode, the audio doesnt work.

What does it take to get chromium working, or is it possible to fix the iceweasel framerate with an update, or is the hardware acceleration broken for it?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:37 pm

you really should use XBMC to watch YouTube videos. None of the browsers can play any kind of video hardware accelerated... they are all software decoded and depending on the browser they do better or worse jobs.. on it.
Anyway you can install chromium using the following command line:

Code: Select all

apt-get install chromium-browser=22.0.1229.94~r161065+dfsg-0.1+rpi1 chromium=22.0.1229.94~r161065+dfsg-0.1+rpi1 chromium-inspector=22.0.1229.94~r161065+dfsg-0.1+rpi1 chromium-l10n=22.0.1229.94~r161065+dfsg-0.1+rpi1

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:37 pm

I already told you why I need to play youtube vids from the browser. Some videos wont play in xbmc while chromium plays them perfectly (in fullscreen, too).

Ill try that line tonight.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:56 pm

did you actually try the videos on THIS image? Up to now you only tried it on the Ubuntu image!
Maybe you remember, the last two videos you posted on the other forum were working perfectly fine for me.. BOTH of em!

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:07 pm

I tried the allegaeon video in xbmc and it didnt play. Then tried in iceweasel and it played as a 1fps slideshow.
xbmc said to check the log. and it just said "didnt receive anything from youtube". (paraphrasing)

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:52 am

Could install it but it didnt do me any good. it cannot play any youtube videos because it doesnt support html5 or have flash. and I tried two guides to add flash support that didnt work.

Edit: Third guide worked with pepper flash. It plays the video ok'ish in fullscreen (12-15fps in 720p) but is slideshowy in windowed mode haha.
I dont know whats different in this setup than in the hardkernal setup. it just worked better.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:01 am

already told you Debian does not have Chromium packages as Ubuntu does.. you might ignore that fact, but it's still a fact.

Cartridge
languages_spoken: english, french natively
ODROIDs: The Perfect ODROID-U2, ODROID-U3+, C1, XU3

Unread post by Cartridge » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:25 am

@sequoiagrove, I don't know what kind of modifications you did to it but I haven't seen youtube being that slow on Debian with pepperflash. I use it almost daily and I assure you everything works the way it should. Because it's version 22, HTML5 is a risk on some website but it's still in a working condition and should work nonetheless.
I have a U2 with debian and has another card running arch linux, an Xu3 running debian. They're both running Flash and HTML5 very nicely.
http://cartridgeports.cf/
ODROID's DO what WinDON'T "That's Blast Processing!"

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:18 pm

are you using the chromuim edition meveric linked to in his complex apt-get command?

I havent done any modifications.

Turbo image + the chromium above and pepperflash following this guide:

http://blog.valitov.me/2014/06/installi ... m.html?m=1

From section "Installing Flash Player".

Cartridge

Unread post by Cartridge » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:14 am

You should reassign the Desktop Icon command used for chromium and change from "chromium" or "chromium-browser" to "chromium --use-gl=egl" or "chromium-browser --use-gl=egl" and you should not "Enable Software Override rendering list" make sure it's disabled. For some reason people say enabling software override works. I've tried on Arch linux, Ubuntu, Debian and they all failed to be fast whilist having it overridden. If disabled, you can get the nicest performance you can achieve.
If you don't understand what I mean just run in terminal "chromium --use-gl=egl" without quotes. This is done on Chromium 22 and works great. If chrome version 16 (because I happen to know a version of chromium compiled for armhf which is version 16) I'm not exactly sure the command would work.

sequoiagrove

Unread post by sequoiagrove » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:42 am

it works :) instead of using hte command prompt I put --use-gl=egl into the default file in /etc/chromium/

Do you also know the fix for text in youtube vids? I see all letters as boxed X's.

Cartridge

Unread post by Cartridge » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:02 am

Use pepperflash 11.7, that fixes it and also is to your advantage in speed. For some unknown reason that is.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:55 am

GoFightaRock
ODROIDs: XU3, U3, C1

Unread post by GoFightaRock » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:14 am

I switched to this image a few days back (this is my first experience with Linux and all your prompt support is awesome, man) and just noticed my WiFi module 4 isn't working like it was with the Lubuntu image that came with my odroid. Should I track down the drivers that came on the original image or is something unique to your build needed?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:46 pm

hmm good question.. I have a WiFi module 4 dongle here, but never tried it, since all my ODROIDs have wired connections..
I think it's just a firmware issue, since the Kernel is (nearly) the same as the one from HardKernel.
I guess tracking down the firmware file is all that is needed to get the WiFi module 4 to run.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:07 pm

can you try:

modprobe rt2800usb
if it's working add rt2800usb to /etc/modules

GoFightaRock

Unread post by GoFightaRock » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:46 am

After I performed probe it displayed normally with lsmod (it hadn't previously)

how would I go about adding it to /etc/modules? I'll tinker around more when I get home this evening.

And yeah my wired connection works flawlessly too, but the intention of this system is to be able to bounce around to different friend's homes for retro game nights etc, so wired won't always be an option. also, I've got all of your latest updates and my system hangs on exit from different emulators. It could be more than a couple, but I've really only focused on mupen and retroarch For SNES so far.
Thanks.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:07 pm

GoFightaRock wrote:After I performed probe it displayed normally with lsmod (it hadn't previously)

how would I go about adding it to /etc/modules? I'll tinker around more when I get home this evening.

su
echo "rt2800usb" >> /etc/modules
that should be enough. You can also open it in any texteditor you want "nano /etc/modules" or "vim /etc/modules" or whatever graphical text editor you have installed (needs root permissions to write)
GoFightaRock wrote: And yeah my wired connection works flawlessly too, but the intention of this system is to be able to bounce around to different friend's homes for retro game nights etc, so wired won't always be an option. also, I've got all of your latest updates and my system hangs on exit from different emulators. It could be more than a couple, but I've really only focused on mupen and retroarch For SNES so far.
Thanks.
The "hanging" is an issue from the XU3 which is having issues with the graphics drivers. When you exit full-screen mode of different applications the window stays black.. There are a few workarounds for this, but nothing is a 100% guarantee. HardKernel works on r5p0 drivers for the XU3 and hopefully they can fix the issues they have with the drivers, cause this black screen and hanging is a major issue on the XU3 (and only exists on the XU3).

GoFightaRock

Unread post by GoFightaRock » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:00 am

I just opened the text file through the graphical directory with root permission and added as necessary. On boot, it now recognizes the module. I saw that someone used wcid instead of NM specifically to fix some device recognition problems associates with the WiFi mod 4. Is this a viable work around in your build? My device is being recognized by the board, but no networks are displaying (an absurd number like 8 are always listed on my desktop)
thanks.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:53 am

The rt2800usb might not be the right module... haven't used any of it yet..
Maybe another module is preferable.. i'll look further into the issue when i have a little more time :)

tofugames
ODROIDs: XU3-Lite

Unread post by tofugames » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:52 pm

Hello, I just recently got my XU3-Lite and it is my first ODROID and my first real experience with Linux so I apologize if I ask any dumb questions or make any dumb mistakes. I was able to get your image up and running just fine with no issues to speak of and I got all of the emulators I wanted setup and running fine, however I was having some performance issues with the N64 emulator so I came to this thread and was reading through and noticed you recommended running an update, upgrade, and dist-upgrade so I went ahead and did the same and had no issues with the upgrade/update itself.

However, now when I try to launch the N64 emulator I end up with a black screen and a totally unresponsive ODROID that has to manually rebooted. I first thought it was just an issue with my monitor but I've tired several and had the same result. I also tried to refresh the screen with CTRL+ALT+F1 then CTRL+ALT+F7 but everything was totally unresponsive and so no commands actually ran. I'm not sure how to find the logs you would want so I haven't attached any but if you want some just let me know and I can grab them. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated, thanks! I really appreciate all the work you have put into creating this awesome image! :D

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:28 pm

Hello :)
Well let's try with something easy.. Since you already know how to do an update, you should be able to install a package that way as well:

apt-get install malit628-odroid
This will (re-)install the graphics drivers, i noticed some drivers had issues, this should fix that.
After that try to start N64 again.

Please report back your results :)

tofugames

Unread post by tofugames » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:09 am

I gave that a shot but unfortunately I still have the same issue. It actually seems like the issue may have gotten worse as now ocassionally XBMC also randomly decides to have the same issue itself before even launching the N64 emulator. I flashed a second card with the original version of your image and it still runs without issue. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I just gave it another shot and this time the N64 emulator did launch successfully and ran fine (better than before the update which was great :D) but then upon exiting the emulator I ran into the display issue again. I do think it is something directly related to the display however, because I am able to SSH into the ODROID even while it is having the issue.

EDIT 2: Even more intersting is when trying to run XRANDR vis SSH I get an error that says "Can't open display."

LiquidAcid
ODROIDs: X2

Unread post by LiquidAcid » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:36 am

tofugames wrote:EDIT 2: Even more intersting is when trying to run XRANDR vis SSH I get an error that says "Can't open display."
If you login via ssh, then the DISPLAY envvar is not set, hence no X11 application is going to work.

tofugames

Unread post by tofugames » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:55 am

Ah okay, that makes sense. But that was the only time that I logged in via SSH so it doesn't relate to the original issue.

GoFightaRock

Unread post by GoFightaRock » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:28 am

I just read through the entire U3 GST thread and noticed Robroy mentions you have specific instructions on setting up the different controllers. I can't seem to find anything about ps3 and QtsixA. Did I just somehow read over it? I've gotten Qtsixa running and to the point where I'm supposed to pair the controller, but nothing happens when I disconnect usb and power on the controller. I want to say it's a bluetooth issue, but I'm typing this from a logitech bluetooth keyboard/trackpad.

And just to clarify I have the logitech universal usb dongle and a separate IO Gear 4.0 bluetooth dongle. Both seem to be recognized, I just can't get the controller to

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:29 pm

tofugames wrote:I gave that a shot but unfortunately I still have the same issue. It actually seems like the issue may have gotten worse as now ocassionally XBMC also randomly decides to have the same issue itself before even launching the N64 emulator. I flashed a second card with the original version of your image and it still runs without issue. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I just gave it another shot and this time the N64 emulator did launch successfully and ran fine (better than before the update which was great :D) but then upon exiting the emulator I ran into the display issue again. I do think it is something directly related to the display however, because I am able to SSH into the ODROID even while it is having the issue.

EDIT 2: Even more intersting is when trying to run XRANDR vis SSH I get an error that says "Can't open display."
Once again, this is mostly related to the driver issues we have to deal with on the XU3. There is somewhat of a workaround, but it's not 100% guarantee to work.
As i described here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FaC ... u2ntiVjw-c
you can create a script that can be setup to a shortcut which can fix the "black screen issue" it's basicly what you do over SSH with xrandr without having to login each time via SSH.
It would probably best, that BEFORE you run N64 games you exit full-screen mode of XBMC by pressing "\" that alone can already cause the black-screen bug. Therefore it's good to have the script and short cut already up and working.
After that you should be able to start N64 from XBMC (window mode of XBMC, games are still fullscreen) and when you end a game and the screen is black again, just hit the shortcut again...

tofugames

Unread post by tofugames » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:40 pm

I think the issue I'm having is a bit different than the one described in the doc you linked. I have gotten a black screen when exiting XBMC before (both in the stock image you have uploaded and after performing upgrade and dist-upgrade) and the CTRL+ALT+F1 -> CTRL+ALT+F7 combination has always fixed that for me. The difference with this issue is that not only does that fix not work, but I also am unable to see the mouse (which I can do when the other issue occurs) and the fan on the ODROID itself immediately shuts off when this issue occurs, which does not happen with the other issue. However I'm going to set up your script and see if that happens to do the trick and I'll report back. Thanks so much for your help!

EDIT: I also had a quick question because this issue only seems to occur for me when running the latest video drivers (the issue doesn't happen with the drivers included in your image). Is there a way to perfrom the upgrade and dist-upgrades but skip updating the video driver itself? Thanks!
Last edited by tofugames on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:41 pm

GoFightaRock wrote:I just read through the entire U3 GST thread and noticed Robroy mentions you have specific instructions on setting up the different controllers. I can't seem to find anything about ps3 and QtsixA. Did I just somehow read over it? I've gotten Qtsixa running and to the point where I'm supposed to pair the controller, but nothing happens when I disconnect usb and power on the controller. I want to say it's a bluetooth issue, but I'm typing this from a logitech bluetooth keyboard/trackpad.

And just to clarify I have the logitech universal usb dongle and a separate IO Gear 4.0 bluetooth dongle. Both seem to be recognized, I just can't get the controller to
There are a couple of things you can do:
One is using xboxdrv it's a tool that can remap controllers to match a xbox 360 controller, that way they can work without changing anything on the emulators.. But i'm not very experienced with it, so i can't help you on how to set this up.
Another option would be to alter the configuration of the different emulators:
retroarch comes with a tool that is called retroarch-joyconfig which you can start from the terminal.. it will guide you through setting up the controller and in the end gives you a long text output, which is the configuration for retroach.. you can copy and past this in /home/odroid/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg.. you could also just start retroarch or directly the game you want to play and hit the F1 key on your keyboard.. it will open up the retroarch menu where you can go to: Settings -> Input Settings - User 1
And there you can just remap the buttons you want to use directly in the emulator.. (you probably want to activate "Save on Exit" in Settings -> General Settings - Performance Counters so the changes are permanent)

PPSSPP can be changed from within the emulator as well.. The rest should use SDL or SDL 2 to find and map the controller automatically.

Another methode would be using "antimicro" which is a software where you can map keyboard and mouse events to joystick/gamepad buttons.. you could pretend playing the game with keyboard, while you actually use the controller.. This even works with mouse movements and left and right click of the mouse.. in the strange case you want to play some ego-shooter or strategy game with a gamepad ;)

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:47 pm

tofugames wrote:I think the issue I'm having is a bit different than the one described in the doc you linked. I have gotten a black screen when exiting XBMC before and the CTRL+ALT+F1 -> CTRL+ALT+F7 combination has always fixed that for me. The difference with this issue is that not only does that fix not work, but I also am unable to see the mouse (which I can do when the other issue occurs) and the fan on the ODROID itself immediately shuts off when this issue occurs, which does not happen with the other issue. However I'm going to set up your script and see if that happens to do the trick and I'll report back. Thanks so much for your help!
CTRL + ALT + F1 and going back with CTRL + ALT + F7 does not work properly on that image, since the MATE Desktop is messing up the login manager and if you press CTRL + ALT + F1 you kill the entire session and are back on the Desktop Login Screen.. Although that should fix it too, it is not very nice, cause all the programs on your desktop are gone.

Besides that, you might wanna read the description again.. there is a even more serious issue.. if the blackscreen bug happens and you start another 3D (fullscreen) program right after, this will crash the board.
Exiting XBMCs fullscreen mode (which done automatically by XBMC to start N64 Emulator) can cause BlackScreen bug.. since you start N64 with it, that's the second 3D program, that is started BEFORE the blackscreen bug was "fixed" and this causes a crash of the entire system.. that's why i said, you should try going manually into window mode of XBMC first, to reduce the risk that this is happening, cause when you go to window mode in XBMC and black screen issue happens, you can fix this with the short cut, before starting N64 ;)

tofugames

Unread post by tofugames » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:54 pm

Ah I missed that part initially, that makes perfect sense now. Thanks so much for all your help, hopefully that should resolve my issue! :D

GoFightaRock

Unread post by GoFightaRock » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:38 am

Sorry I should have been more clear. Mapping the controller isn't the issue. I've already tweaked condfig files across the multiple emulators. The issue is the Sony dualshock 3 controller is only recognized when being directly plugged into usb. Once I disconnect usb at the step QtsixA requests you to in order to pair, the controller just cycles power then shuts down. It's my understanding at that time the device ID is supposed to display once paired wirelessly. Is there a way to find the device ID /MAC address (if it has one) while still plugged in and then manually pair it to the respective Bluetooth dongle I want?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:24 am

Sorry, i can't answer that question, i don't have an dualshock 3 wireless controller (although i kinda want a PS3 wireless controller for some testing on different devices and for easy setup for users that have it).
Maybe someone else can answer that question for you.

GoFightaRock

Unread post by GoFightaRock » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:05 am

I understand. I'd be happy to donate one. Your image on this odroid is my intro to Linux and it for the most part is perfect, I'm going to start gifting out U3s (seems more turnkey ready to go out of the box) with your GST to friends and family.

Side note, any headway on the WiFi mod4?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:05 am

GoFightaRock wrote:I understand. I'd be happy to donate one.
Maybe that's something we can talk about ;)
GoFightaRock wrote:Your image on this odroid is my intro to Linux and it for the most part is perfect, I'm going to start gifting out U3s (seems more turnkey ready to go out of the box) with your GST to friends and family.
That's exactly what i did, U3 are really capable devices, and even N64 games run rather good. It has nearly no issue at all and is quite stable.
Sure there are some emulators and games that run better on the XU3 than on the U3, but the U3 the stability of the U3 makes it worth taking a few drawbacks in matter of performance.
GoFightaRock wrote:Side note, any headway on the WiFi mod4?
Not yet, i'm still looking into it.. Maybe i have to download and boot up a Ubuntu image to see what modules and firmware they are using for it..
Edit:
Actually.. i GOT it to work.. but right now it's kinda a hack.. i need to figure out how to add the new module properly in the Kernel. I can do it manually, but that would require for me to do that every time i build a new Kernel, but right now it's working (somewhat)
I see all the networks in my surroundings, but it seems connecting to one of em does not work properly.

GoFightaRock

Unread post by GoFightaRock » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:05 am

Yeah, I don't mind the instability of the XU3 lite for my personal device. But for my younger brothers and less tech savy friends the U3 just sounds smarter.

Problems=learning, which was the whole reason I bought a single board comp to begin with.

GoFightaRock

Unread post by GoFightaRock » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:33 pm

I feel like I compiled all of the dependencies for QtSixA/sixad correctly, but I keep getting this weird error.

root@odroid-wheezy:/home/odroid# service bluetooth start
[....] Starting bluetooth:start-stop-daemon: unable to start /usr/sbin/bluetoothd (Permission denied)
root@odroid-wheezy:/home/odroid# service bluetooth stop
[ ok ] Stopping bluetooth: rfcomm /usr/sbin/bluetoothd.
root@odroid-wheezy:/home/odroid# service bluetooth start
[....] Starting bluetooth:start-stop-daemon: unable to start /usr/sbin/bluetoothd (Permission denied)
root@odroid-wheezy:/home/odroid# lsusb
bash: lsusb: command not found
root@odroid-wheezy:/home/odroid# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
hidp                   13367  1 
uinput                  6794  0 
bnep                   10878  0 
rfcomm                 32788  0 
nls_cp437               5132  1 
vfat                    9526  1 
fat                    54108  1 vfat
snd_seq_midi            4857  0 
snd_seq_midi_event      6152  1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq                52900  2 snd_seq_midi_event,snd_seq_midi
snd_rawmidi            20142  1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_device          6169  3 snd_seq,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_midi
ioboard_bh1780          3476  0 
ioboard_bmp180          4494  0 
ioboard_keyled          4954  0 
hid_sony                3114  0 
btusb                  15860  0 
bluetooth             226554  11 bnep,hidp,btusb,rfcomm
rfkill                 12936  1 bluetooth
ina231_sensor           8408  0 
root@odroid-wheezy:/home/odroid# sixad -s
sixad-bin[7707]: started
sixad-bin[7707]: sixad started, press the PS button now
^Csixad-bin[7707]: Done
root@odroid-wheezy:/home/odroid# sixpair
Current Bluetooth master: 5c:f3:70:67:e2:27
Setting master bd_addr to 5c:f3:70:67:e2:27
root@odroid-wheezy:/home/odroid# sixad -s
sixad-bin[7972]: started
sixad-bin[7972]: sixad started, press the PS button now
sixad-bin[7972]: unable to connect to sdp session
sixad-bin[7972]: Connected Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller (64:D4:BD:92:CC:16)

it recognizes the DualShock 3 controller, but then instantly shuts off. No rumble, no power LEDs, and not recognized in any emulator settings when trying to keymap. Ideas?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:36 pm

Starting bluetooth:start-stop-daemon: unable to start /usr/sbin/bluetoothd (Permission denied)
that sounds odd.. can you check the file.. type

ls -la /usr/sbin/bluetoothd
and post the output.

for lsusb you have to install the package usbutils first.

GoFightaRock

Unread post by GoFightaRock » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:52 am

root@odroid-wheezy:/home/odroid# ls -la /usr/sbin/bluetoothd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 528848 Mar 25  2012 /usr/sbin/bluetoothd
root@odroid-wheezy:/home/odroid# 
I also encounter another error less frequently, usually when initially starting sixad about d-bus already being in use, once i get it to display again I'll post the specifics, but that's the gist of it.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:12 pm

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 528848 Mar 25  2012 /usr/sbin/bluetoothd
That means it's not executable.. No clue why, but as a program it should be executable..

chmod +x /usr/sbin/bluetoothd
try this and then your "service bluetooth start" again

GoFightaRock

Unread post by GoFightaRock » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:11 pm

That works to the extent of being able to turn on bluetooth in general now.

Still having the SDP session connection error.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:33 pm

sadly i'm not sure how the SDP session works.. maybe someone else has done this before?
Try asking in the General Section globally on the forums, to see if someone else has it working and can help here.

GoFightaRock

Unread post by GoFightaRock » Fri May 01, 2015 10:32 am

Hey meveric can you take a quick look at this and see any reason why it may or may not work?

http://blog.petrockblock.com/forums/top ... th-how-to/

I'm gonna try and get you that sixaxis controller within the month so you can make a turnkey solution for people with your image =)

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Fri May 01, 2015 3:43 pm

hmm i was able to backport bluez-5.23 from Debian Jessie to Debian Wheezy... but since i'm not sure if it's working or not, i'm not gonna push it to the repository yet.
If you want you can download and install the packages manually: http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/other/bluez/
i could pair it with my cellphone using the command line tool.. i could also extract infos about my phone.. But i don't have much bluetooth devices to test with, so if you could try and tell me if it does anything, that would be nice..

If you can confirm it to work, i could push it to the repository so it's available for others through simple apt-get upgrade procedure

Return to “OGST-XU4”