OGST question

Very powerful gaming console solution based on Debian
Magroc
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

OGST question

Post by Magroc »

I have an Odroid which I bought 3 years ago and I'm considering installing OGST. I have basic knowledge about OGST, someone could correct me if OGST is the same as Emulation Station on Retropie? I am also wondering if has been updated to the latest version? One last question, which is the best 16GB eMMC, the red or the orange?

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4, GoA v1.1, H2+, HC4, GoS

Re: OGST question

Post by meveric »

OGST is very dated by now, and while parts of it are still updated every now and then, it is far from being recent.
It was developed long before images like Retropie were available for ODROIDs and was more of an all in one image, Linux Desktop, with browser, Video Player support, which you can use as a normal desktop image, but also with all the common emulators installed and configured to work.
Which is somewhat different from other images like retropie which focused on mainly emulators alone and only later started to add additional features.
EmulationStation is just a frontend not an image, not an emulator.
eMMC Orange won't work on the XU4 you need a Red one.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

Magroc
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Magroc »

Thank you meveric for your reply. Would you mind letting me know whether OGST makes use of Retroarch? Can Install the latest Retropie on Odroid XU4?

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4, GoA v1.1, H2+, HC4, GoS

Post by meveric »

OGST uses retroarch for most emulators, there are some exception like DreamCast, Nintendo 64, Amiga, PlayStation Portable and some other emulators, which are their own emulators instead of retroarch with libretro cores.

I'm not aware of the status of Retropie for XU4 you would have to check that yourself on their homepage.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

Return to “OGST-XU4”