ODROID GameStation Turbo for N1 (Teaser)

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

ODROID GameStation Turbo for N1 (Teaser)

Unread postby meveric » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:41 am

Not saying it's gonna happen anytime soon, but this is prove it's possible.

Running full armhf image with GPU hardware acceleration on arm64 Kernel :)

For those who don't know. N64 has no dynamic recompiler for arm64 means you can't play N64 games under arm64.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo for N1 (Teaser)

Unread postby BadPritt » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:30 pm

Not saying it's gonna happen anytime soon

I guess it ain't comming. Too bad.
I was wondering if you optimised any Linux games for the RK3399?
I've tried a lot of the games in the default repository's, some work ok, none work great.
Too bad the N1 isn't comming. I really wanted it. I now have a NanoPi M4 instead.

Have a nice day. Greetings.
NicoD
BadPritt

languages_spoken: english dutch french spanish german
ODROIDs: Odroid C2
Odroid XU4Q

Unread postby meveric » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:38 pm

I've been working a lot on porting my work from Debian Jessie to Debian Stretch.
As Debian Stretch is required for ODROID N1.
A lot of stuff is already ported (and some of it was optimized for RK3399) and the next "big thing" will be retroarch/libretro cores.
As ODROID N1 can use both armhf and arm64 this means after I'm done creating an XU4 Debian Stretch image, it should be fairly easy to port it to the N1 (which was the plan to begin with).
Even if the N1 won't come out, I might still create an OGST image for it, as it will be pretty much the same as the XU4 image, and while maintaining the XU4 image, I simultaneously maintain the N1 image.
So it would only be an initial effort and after that it would be "self running".
So no it's not out of the question, but it still takes a while.
Being just one person that does everything on my own, huge projects like this take a very long time. (I have several thousand packages that I offer in my repository for different boards and OS images)
It's nearly a year that I'm working on porting everything to Debian Stretch :)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Unread postby BadPritt » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:46 am

meveric wrote:So no it's not out of the question, but it still takes a while.

That's great news. Thank you so much for all the great work.
I'll keep an eye open for it. I loved what you did for the XU4.
When it's done I'll make another video about it.
Thank you.
Cheers
NicoD
BadPritt

languages_spoken: english dutch french spanish german
ODROIDs: Odroid C2
Odroid XU4Q

Unread postby mad_ady » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:38 am

I'd be interested in running a OGST image on my N1 as well. So, if it ever happens, give us a shout
mad_ady

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1

Return to Projects