Queries regarding Android development on ODROID-N1

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Queries regarding Android development on ODROID-N1

Unread postby kafan1986 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:36 am

I am new to using SOC for development and plan on using RK3399 based android platform for my development. I have few queries as below, it would be really helpful if people on this forum can help with my queries.

a) Does the ODROID-N1 comes with pre-installed with Android or not? If not what is latest version that is available and supported for this platform? Is the android version pre-rooted?
b) Does this ODROID-N1 has on board storage available for installing android apps and storing files, if yes then how much?
c) Can I use dual camera (5 MP each) on this board? What is the field of view (angle) for the each supported 5MP camera?
d) Can I use the wifi module with this board? Does this wifi module support "Monitor" mode and be used programmatically through Android? I need monitor mode to sweep for MAC IDs in vicinity only.

I know it is a lot of queries? But if you can answer even few of them, it would be really helpful.
kafan1986

languages_spoken: english

Re: Queries regarding Android development on ODROID-N1

Unread postby Luke.go » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:04 am

Hi there. Thank you for your attention.

a) you can choose a pre-installed media by Android or Ubuntu. A Android is now 7.1.2 and rooted.
b) there is no on board storage. Instead, you can select media (eMMC or SD Card) at a). And thanks for sata connector, you can attach the sata interface media like hdd and SSD.
c) the 5MP oCAM is not officially supported on Android. But if you using UVC app, you can use them, and It is worked at 2MP(1080P, MJPEG, 30fps). It is not tested on dual camera.
d) All the Wifi module provided by the hardkerenl works with the board. But I don't know the "Monitor" mode. I just run the WifiAnalyzer apps, and the app show me the information about AP.

Some of what I mentioned are not confirmed.:)
I hope it helps you. :)
Luke.go

Unread postby kafan1986 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:54 am

@Luke Thanks for replying.

I need 2 megapixel each dual camera setup. Now I can either buy USB camera which achieves the same or given this board is expected to provide support for dual camera via CSI interface, I was interested in the using two 2 MP CSI interface camera. Can someone confirm whether the N1 board will support dual camera through CSI. Also, does anyone have any idea about impact on performance (CPU load) when using USB camera vs a CSI camera.
kafan1986

Unread postby mad_ady » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:52 am

So far only usb (uvc) cameras are reported as working. There is no csi/mpi interface
mad_ady

ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1

Unread postby odroid » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:40 am

We have no plan to support the MIPI CSI due to the lack of ISP driver support.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Return to Android