GPU Utilization...

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

GPU Utilization...

Unread postby hominoid » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:00 am

During my Odroid N1test for the release of sgminer-5.5.6-ARM-RC1 I noticed at times a precipitance drop off in performance that could not be accounted for by any of the usual suspects. I spent hours tuning the GPU originally thinking that it was related, but to no avail. I was also getting a large number of untracked share acceptance or rejects. This is caused by a very long latency period where the share is being held in a database until startum server acknowledgement (if I understand correctly). This may point to something else using GPU resources, after all I was finding shares, sometimes at the expected rate, but at other times at a ridiculously low rate. Not knowing much about this OS and Kernel I wanted to ask if there was anything that could be using GPU resources? The desktop comes to mind but I'm not familiar enough with it and searching the internet only came up with vague information. One person implied there was issues with OpenCL and kernel 4.5 but didn't go into detail?? Sorry, for the basic question but I'm just looking to rule some stuff out at this point and a direction to investigate further. I might have to wait until the headless release of 14.4
hominoid

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2, XU4, MC1, N1

Re: GPU Utilization...

Unread postby crashoverride » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:11 am

If you are using the X11 environment, the default RK XServer uses "glamor" which in turn uses Mali (GPU).
crashoverride

ODROIDs: C1

Re: GPU Utilization...

Unread postby hominoid » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:19 am

crashoverride wrote:If you are using the X11 environment, the default RK XServer uses "glamor" which in turn uses Mali (GPU).

I'm using it out of the box, headless. So that probably make sense if X11 environment is the default. Thanks.
hominoid

ODROIDs: C2, XU4, MC1, N1

Return to Ubuntu/Debian