Download the image here:
13.10 Saucy Salamander: http://oph.mdrjr.net/robroyhall/images/ ... 101.img.xz
13.04 Raring Ringtail: http://oph.mdrjr.net/robroyhall/images/ ... 101.img.xz
European mirror by @traxo:
Want to upgrade your existing Code Monkey image?
Kernel updates: http://builder.mdrjr.net/tools/kernel-update.sh
Applications: Firefox, Chromium, Xine, Gimp, Transmission, Filezilla, Oracle JDK 8, Tomcat, MySQL, Apache 2, JRuby, PHP 5, QT 5, Arduino, Scratch, Squeak, Git, Subversion, Android Debug Bridge (ADB) and Putty.
Development Environments: Bluefish, CodeBlocks IDE, CodeLite, Geany, Monkey Studio IDE, Netbeans IDE and Ninja IDE.
Autologin is enabled and boots directly to a single-user Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment (LXDE) running Metacity and Xfce desktop.
If you enjoy my contributions to the Hard Kernel community, please consider donating an amount of your choice via the link in my signature.
Customizations left for you upon burning the image to your card:
- 1. Resize the "rootfs" partition to fit your SD card. This is best done on another Linux system using the GParted utility.
2. Set your time zone using "sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata", or press the Up arrow in the LXTerminal window on first boot.
3. Set your language using Preferences -> Language Support.
- 1. To overclock to 1.92GHz, type "sudo gedit /etc/rc.local" in Terminal and remove the "#" from the beginning of the line that starts with "echo 1920000".
2. Firefox has the IcedTea7 plugin installed for Java browser applets. Both Chromium and Firefox have the Adblock Plus add-on. The default browser is Firefox running Firebug.
3. All upgrades and updates have been run using aptitude, apt-get and synaptic.
4. All orphaned and obsolete packages have been purged, including the original kernel.
5. Lots of quality-of-life tweaks, such as setting folder preferences to List View, removing the Battery icon from the Status bar, setting the Chromium and Firefox preferences to their highest privacy settings, and installing wallpapers (/usr/share/wallpapers).
- Authentic Canonical Ubuntu 13.04
Official HK kernel 18.104.22.168 with MFC (commit 94ef9444fd48105105a12a3ce3db96b2e85b437c)
Oracle JDK 8 September 2013
Apache, MySQL, Samba and Tomcat servers
Joystick support for most controllers, including Xbox 360, Wiimote and PS3 (more here: http://www.winko-erades.nl/index.php?op ... se-the-wii)
Optimized ffmpeg (more here: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1281&p=8109)
Installable on 8GB SD or eMMC
Samba share at /home/odroid/Public for file transfers
Vino/Vinagre VNC server and client (more here: http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-266981.html)