Download the image here:
http://oph.mdrjr.net/robroyhall/images/ ... 101.img.xz
European mirror by @traxo:
Want to upgrade your existing Quiet Giant image?
Kernel updates: http://builder.mdrjr.net/tools/kernel-update.sh
Servers: Mail, DNS, Tomcat, MySQL, Apache 2, JRuby, PHP 5, FTP, Samba, Open SSH and Minecraft/Spigot.
If you enjoy my contributions to the Hard Kernel community, please consider donating an amount of your choice via the link in my signature.
Customizations left for you upon burning the image to your card:
- 1. Resize the "rootfs" partition to fit your SD card. This is best done on another Linux system using the GParted utility.
2. Remove unused servers with tasksel to free up memory and processor cycles.
3. Change your server time zone from UTC using "dpkg-reconfigure tzdata".
4. Change the MySQL admin password which defaults to blank.
- 1. To overclock to 1.92GHz, type "sudo gedit /etc/rc.local" in Terminal and remove the "#" from the beginning of the line that starts with "echo 1920000".
2. All upgrades and updates have been run using aptitude and apt-get.
3. All orphaned and obsolete packages have been purged, including the original kernel.
- Official HK kernel 184.108.40.206 (commit 4d40140b44917be7fa344cc8242b8ed0f3e89e97)
Oracle JDK8 September 2013
Blackbox Desktop Environment
Headless server (SSH, USB-UART serial output, or HDMI desktop)
Apache 2 web server running JRuby and PHP 5
Samba shares at /var/www/, /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT, and /home/odroid/Documents for sandbox website development
MySQL server integrated with Spigot, Tomcat and Apache
Spigot 1.6.4 server with Factions, Factions Plus, Hunger Games, PVP Arena, Kit PVP, World Edit, Vault, Essentials and more
Installable on 8GB eMMC
- All servers are started on boot except for Spigot.
Approximately 350MB of RAM is used when all 8 servers are running, leaving 1.65GB free for server use.
Use "shutdown -h now" when powering down to avoid single-user maintenance mode, ensuring that the rootfs unmounts cleanly.
When the image is booted without the wired LAN plugged in, the clock time may become out-of-sync, unless you are using a clock battery. In Linaro, this time difference causes the root file system to be mounted as read-only. If this happens, type "fsck /" when logged in as root, then reboot with the LAN properly attached. This will unlock the file system and re-synchronize the clock with Internet time via NTP.
Swap is enabled in the kernel, which extends memory beyond 2GB (more here: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-add- ... ile-howto/)
Apache is available at http://127.0.0.1:80, and Tomcat is at http://127.0.0.1:8080.
Follow this guide to use Nginx instead of Apache after uninstalling Apache: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=167
Spigot version 1.6.4 is installed in /home/odroid/Public/, and may be started with:
Code: Select all
cd ~/Public/spigot ./spigot.sh