languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U3, XU3, C2, HiFi Shield, XU4, XU4Q,
N1, Go, VU5A, Show2, CloudShell2,
H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Re: LCD Display Info and Monitoring Tool + Kodi install

Unread post by AreaScout » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:55 pm

hominoid wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:48 am
@AreaScout, Just started using your LCD Info and Monitoring Tool on Ubuntu 18.04 minimal. Very nice indeed! Thanks for sharing your wonderful work!
Thank you :)

@all

New version 1.0.12-1 is online:

cloudshell2 LCD display and monitoring tool 1.0.12

New config file ! before installing please remove any older version with sudo dpkg -r cloudshell2-monitoring don't forget to backup your current config before
  • Add possibility to use unique table names for grafana datasource, so multible cloudshell's can be monitored at once
  • Fix rebuild value positioning, moved it more to the right
Have fun :)

baaits
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU 4 in cloudshell and N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by baaits » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:54 am

Hi awesome monitoring tool!
Installed it and works like a charm.

3 questions:

1. How did you get both HDMI and the LCD working to nice without issues?
Using the default lcd tool supplied by odroid it is a hassle to have dual screen needing to work on Xorf.conf etc.

2. I am using 2 separate drives. So not in RAID mode. Would it be possible to change the GUI to show 2 times free space?

3. Is it possible to change the poll interval for the different metrics somewhere? Can't see anything in the conf file for it.

Thanks!

AreaScout
H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:32 pm

baaits wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:54 am
Hi awesome monitoring tool!
Installed it and works like a charm.

3 questions:

1. How did you get both HDMI and the LCD working to nice without issues?
Using the default lcd tool supplied by odroid it is a hassle to have dual screen needing to work on Xorf.conf etc.

2. I am using 2 separate drives. So not in RAID mode. Would it be possible to change the GUI to show 2 times free space?

3. Is it possible to change the poll interval for the different metrics somewhere? Can't see anything in the conf file for it.

Thanks!
  1. Those are two different devices with two different input buffers, so one Application writes on HDMI and the other Application on the LCD, it's just that easy, no xorg.conf where a xserver tries to write on two devices at the same time
  2. The space is limited on the LCD so no there will be no free space showed for the second disk, why you guy's are not using the RAID controller, it's like buying a car and use it as bicycle ???
  3. Nope you can't change that and why you would ? The app takes only 0.45% CPU usage in AVG, although the next release will contain documentation how long this intervals are, i.e for asking the RAID status each ~1min
P.S.: The RAID controller is monitoring your hard disks for health and it will keep you informed if something is not working, also it provides a fail save and data recovery process while you still can access your data so why not using it ? It let's you read SMART data from both disk in a RAID configuration. :?:

RG

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2

Unread post by mad_ady » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:16 pm

@AreaScout: you're going to hate me, but you can display individual disk parameters one at a time... One polling cycle display disk 1, the next cycle disk 2.

AreaScout
H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:15 pm

mad_ady wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:16 pm
@AreaScout: you're going to hate me, but you can display individual disk parameters one at a time... One polling cycle display disk 1, the next cycle disk 2.
No I do not hate you, the Idea is good, but I don't want to loop through a mass of hard disk partitions, because one disk can have of course multible partition, instead you can choose that partition which is the important one for you and configure this to show it by the tool, I think this is better and LVM device naming would make it even more difficult.

RG

baaits
ODROIDs: XU 4 in cloudshell and N2

Unread post by baaits » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:09 pm

hey Areascout,

In the past I have had issues with drives on hardware raid, where none of the disk where readable anymore. Hotswapping and stuff which didnt work as advertised.

Also when enabling the jmicron Raid, I am afraid that if not the disk, but the XU4/CloudShell hardware fails, for example cpu issue of whatever, then I can no longer just remove the HD from the box and connect it to another pc to get access to my data.

When just using plain drives I can still hook them up to other hardware and read them.

AreaScout
H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:27 am

baaits wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:09 pm
hey Areascout,

In the past I have had issues with drives on hardware raid, where none of the disk where readable anymore. Hotswapping and stuff which didnt work as advertised.
General rule on RAID stages based on capability of the CloudShell2 RAID controller:
RAID0: no data recovery is possible, if a hard disk is defective you will lose all your data, but it's fast, for example if you have a database running on your CS2 the write/read speed will increase
RAID1: this is with data recovery and utilizes mirroring technique, increases read speed in some cases, and provides fault tolerance in the loss of no more than one member disk. You can limit the chance that both hard disk fail at the same time if you order i.e one WD red from Amazone.com and the second one from Jet.com so you can be sure that the hard disk's are not from the same production batch
baaits wrote:
Also when enabling the jmicron Raid, I am afraid that if not the disk, but the XU4/CloudShell hardware fails, for example cpu issue of whatever, then I can no longer just remove the HD from the box and connect it to another pc to get access to my data.
If the CPU is defektive just exchange the XU4 -> no data lost
If the RAID controller fails just exchange the RAID controller -> no data lost
baaits wrote:
When just using plain drives I can still hook them up to other hardware and read them.
Only with RAID0 you can't hook them up to anther hardware, with RAID1 you can, just set the DIP switch to PM before booting, then boot and hold the RAID config button until the board is up and running and you have two identical disk's with the same contains running on any other hardware

P.S.: To secure your data even more against data lose you can connect a third disk via USB and make a backup once in a week or so

RG

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:26 am

With the latest version I've had my screen go wonky a few times, not sure if it's something in a LCD driver kernel update or your application.

The latest issue is the text was all displayed but the background turned all black, restarting the service didn't change anything.

AreaScout
H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Nothing known, did you check that thread ? viewtopic.php?f=147&t=34061

Try to slightly hammer with the back of a screwdriver on the caseing to see if it's a bad contact, better would be the RAID controller PCB directly

RG

AreaScout
    H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:37 pm

@all

New version 1.0.13-1 is online:

cloudshell2 LCD display and monitoring tool 1.0.13
    • Fixed a memory leak which could consume all your memory after ~one month of running
    rooted wrote:
    Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:26 am
    With the latest version I've had my screen go wonky a few times, not sure if it's something in a LCD driver kernel update or your application.
    rooted this could fix your issues !

RG
    These users thanked the author AreaScout for the post (total 2):
    odroid (Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:32 am) • rooted (Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:32 pm)

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:42 pm

AreaScout wrote:@all

New version 1.0.13-1 is online:

cloudshell2 LCD display and monitoring tool 1.0.13
    • Fixed a memory leak which could consume all your memory after ~one month of running
    rooted wrote:
    Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:26 am
    rooted this could fix your issues !

RG
    That may be my issue, I just checked and the monitoring binary was using 23% of my memory and I have rebooted recently.

But generally it only gets rebooted for kernel updates, so months sometimes.

You didn't mention the update was going to overwrite the config file.

meveric
    ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105)

Unread post by meveric » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:04 pm

rooted wrote:
    Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:42 pm
    considering that I had to kick his behind constantly for him to finally put a config file in there. Image
    My guess is that he forgot to mark the file AS a config file inside the package.
    If it would have been marked as a config file and you changed it, the system will give you the chance to make a diff, keep, or overwrite it upon installation of a new version.
    Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
    Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
    If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

AreaScout
    H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:39 pm

meveric wrote:
    Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:04 pm
    rooted wrote:
    Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:42 pm
    considering that I had to kick his behind constantly for him to finally put a config file in there. Image
    My guess is that he forgot to mark the file AS a config file inside the package.
    If it would have been marked as a config file and you changed it, the system will give you the chance to make a diff, keep, or overwrite it upon installation of a new version.
    Ja ja ja, I remember me kicking yours also when having found some bugs in your OGST, guess what ? this is called teamwork ! :lol: :D

@all

Next version will probably have GSM Shield support, you will be noticed via SMS if something goes wrong

RG
    Last edited by AreaScout on Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

mad_ady
    ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2

Unread post by mad_ady » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:13 pm

What is the last answer?!? Don't leave us waiting!

AreaScout
    H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:41 pm

It went crazy :lol:

Na, it is just a 'I love you too operator' some happiness that it works, the module that I ordered SIM900A is SIM Locked for Asian cell providers only, however they also have a unlocked firmware for Europe, I had to flash that one, I tried it with an Arduino Mega 2560 and serial port forwarder I wrote for it, but that didn't worked out, luckily I had a USB to UART converter laying around and so it accepted the flashing procedure and after configuring the GSM modem with AT commands for the right frequency I was able to join my provider network and send SMS from it -> very cool, I then decided to add it to my Cloudshell2 monitoring tool :) Really a nice toy that is

RG

crazyquark
      languages_spoken: english, french, romanian
      ODROIDs: C1,C1+,C2,HC1,XU4

Unread post by crazyquark » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:03 am

Hi,

Great cloudshell2 display!

However, after running it for a day it almost killed my system :D. I did not realize the impact the fan on/off part would have on the temp.
      My fan is usually always on(I use a noctua which very silent).
      I was wondering if it were possible to factor on in HDD temps via SMART as well?
      It might help with overheating.

I think my HDDs were actually overheated because my dmesg was full of UAS usb resets and the system was mostly unresponsive but the CPU temp itself was in normal limits.
      I disabled fan control for now.

If you are willing to share the source code I can help with the HDD monitoring.

AreaScout
      H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:17 am

crazyquark wrote:
      Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:03 am
      Hi,

Great cloudshell2 display!

However, after running it for a day it almost killed my system :D. I did not realize the impact the fan on/off part would have on the temp.
      My fan is usually always on(I use a noctua which very silent).
      I was wondering if it were possible to factor on in HDD temps via SMART as well?
      It might help with overheating.

I think my HDDs were actually overheated because my dmesg was full of UAS usb resets and the system was mostly unresponsive but the CPU temp itself was in normal limits.
      I disabled fan control for now.

If you are willing to share the source code I can help with the HDD monitoring.
      It is nearly impossible or you have an older version of the tool that the HDD get's overheated, after > 50 °C it switches the fan on. It was introduced with this version viewtopic.php?f=147&t=33860&start=50#p253281

RG

crazyquark

Unread post by crazyquark » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:22 am

AreaScout wrote:
      Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:17 am

It is nearly impossible or you have an older version of the tool that the HDD get's overheated, after > 50 °C it switches the fan on. It was introduced with this version viewtopic.php?f=147&t=33860&start=50#p253281

RG
      I used version 1.0.13-1 from the top post.

AreaScout
      H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:27 am

Maybe you should remove the current limit board, so that the FAN is spinning faster ? I also have changed to a very silent FAN and I had to remove it

It's marked with letter 'L', with this board I had a too weak airflow, removing it and everything was fine, but that is only valid for my new Fan, it's this one https://www.bequiet.com/de/casefans/505 maybe it applies to yours also

RG

crazyquark

Unread post by crazyquark » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:06 pm

Hi,
        I do not use the current limiter.

Yeah, maybe the Noctua has a weaker airflow. In any case, I am ok with the fan running all the time.
        Let me know if I can provide any smartctl debug info or some such.

AreaScout
        H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:24 pm

crazyquark wrote:
        Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:06 pm
        Hi,
        I do not use the current limiter.

Yeah, maybe the Noctua has a weaker airflow. In any case, I am ok with the fan running all the time.
        Let me know if I can provide any smartctl debug info or some such.
        It would be cool if you can provide a Grafana long therm graph like this https://snapshot.raintank.io/dashboard/ ... iw8wWC7fJ8

With this you can see immediately what's going on, sharing a long therm graph is very easy, just click on Share Dashboard -> Snapshot -> publish to snapshot.raintank.io

RG

dabarsa87
        languages_spoken: spanish

Unread post by dabarsa87 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:57 pm

Because in the cloudshell 2 screen it shows me an IP that is not the one it uses?
        In addition to the connection logo indicates that it has no connection?

AreaScout
        H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:34 pm

dabarsa87 wrote:
        Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:57 pm
        Because in the cloudshell 2 screen it shows me an IP that is not the one it uses?
        In addition to the connection logo indicates that it has no connection?

That looks like a network problem, what is /sbin/ifconfig telling you about the IP, I have seen a cloudshell2 in network dropping IPv4 and only has IPv6, but that was a router problem

RG

dabarsa87
        languages_spoken: spanish

Unread post by dabarsa87 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:05 am

ok i just saw what the docker ip is showing me instead of eth0.
        I just want him to show that of eth0

crazyquark

Unread post by crazyquark » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:24 am

AreaScout wrote:
        Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:24 pm

It would be cool if you can provide a Grafana long therm graph like this https://snapshot.raintank.io/dashboard/ ... iw8wWC7fJ8

With this you can see immediately what's going on, sharing a long therm graph is very easy, just click on Share Dashboard -> Snapshot -> publish to snapshot.raintank.io

RG
        All right, I'll get some stats stack going on docker :) and report back.

Here it is(but it only has a bit of data):
        https://snapshot.raintank.io/dashboard/ ... K4zlsLCz6I

Looks like HDD1 temp is not read, though it exists as /dev/sdb (I use LVM2)

AreaScout
        H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:28 am

crazyquark wrote:
        Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:24 am
        All right, I'll get some stats stack going on docker :) and report back.

Here it is(but it only has a bit of data):
        https://snapshot.raintank.io/dashboard/ ... K4zlsLCz6I

Looks like HDD1 temp is not read, though it exists as /dev/sdb (I use LVM2)
        Ok your fan is working that for sure, otherwise it couldn't hold that CPU temperature under this heavy load, did you run a CPU stress test while collecting data ?

HDD1 temp is not read if you use your CS2 in PM mode, why ? Because in PM mode, the RAID port 0 only has one disk member count and the RAID controller is getting SMART data from the disk, so if I would get the temperature I had to use smartctl to collect HDD temp. for the second disk and I didn't want it to be too complex, so only in RAID0, RAID1 or SPAN mode both are visible, that's normal

Thank you for the data :)

RG

crazyquark

Unread post by crazyquark » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:30 pm

You're welcome.
        But I set the fan to always one now anyway(max temp = 0).
        BTW, do you know if that beQuiet fan is better than the Noctua? I have the NF-A8 FLX.

AreaScout
        H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:54 pm

crazyquark wrote:
        Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:30 pm
        You're welcome.
        But I set the fan to always one now anyway(max temp = 0).
        BTW, do you know if that beQuiet fan is better than the Noctua? I have the NF-A8 FLX.
        Yes that's what I want to say is that the airflow is strong enough to keep the temperature low.

I don't own a Noctua fan so I can't say which one is better I can only compare numbers, but the way how this numbers are collected is not always the same, so sorry, but from my feeling both should be ok

RG
        These users thanked the author AreaScout for the post:
        crazyquark (Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:27 am)

AreaScout
        H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:19 pm

🎂🎁😍😎
            Thank you for downloading my tool more than 🎉✨400✨🎉 times in june and july !!! 👍👍✌✌
              New features that will be added:
              1. New command line switch to help identify a defective disk more easily
              2. GSM Shield support to notice the user via SMS if something goes wrong

RG
              These users thanked the author AreaScout for the post (total 3):
              rooted (Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:59 am) • odroid (Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:44 am) • Gburas (Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:51 pm)

AreaScout
              H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:11 pm

@all

New version 1.0.14-1 is online: (Backup your current settings before installing)

cloudshell2 LCD display and monitoring tool 1.0.14
                • Add GSM Shield support via USB2UART device
                • Add new command line switch to identify a defective hard disc more easily (experimental)
                Sorry guys for have you waiting so long for this feature but private live keep me busy

GSM shield support:

The picture above shows how I connected the GSM shield to my ODROID XU4, the picture also shows an Arduino Nano which is only a suggestion as they are very cheap and it's successor (Arduino Nano Every) is only 8€ with stronger micro processor, of course you could use any USB2UART device (see link below) but a lot of you guys own maybe already an Arduino so you could also use it, each Arduino should also have an so called tristate mode in which you start the Arduino with RST and GND connected to each other so it's like a bridge from USB to pin 0 and 1, if this is not working for you like it didn't work for me :lol: you have to use a sketch/source like this https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Soft ... ialExample skip the text output, use the same baud rate for hardware und software serial and it should work.

Here is a link with further instructions which device you should use to communicate with the GSM Shield

http://acoptex.com/project/394/basics-p ... B8wh0.dpbs

By the way I used this https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/dual-st ... extenders/ to connect the 5V to my GSM shield, depending on what GSM shield you are using this could be entirely different, external power supply plug etc. etc.

Before you connect anything you should setup the GSM shield with your PC/Laptop/ODROID with minicom minicom -b 115200 -D /dev/ttyUSB0 or if you want to do that on Windows you can use my tool (SerialLogger) I wrote back in 2013, it is shipped with the debian package and you can find it inside the /usr/share/doc/cloudshell2-monitoring/ folder, it's an 64bit application, if you want a 32bit or WindowsXP build please ask.

Ok if the communication is working, you must disable the PIN of your SIM card with this command AT+CLCK="SC",0,"1234" (1234 must be exchanged with your PIN of course), other settings about your network band a.s.o I will not go any further, you should already be able to send and receive SMS with your shield (Fixed baud rate setup is also recommended instead of auto on your GSM shield).

Now you can setup the GSM shield inside the /etc/cloudshell2-monitoring/cloudshell2-monitoring.conf config file, phone number to send SMS, nickname, port name and baud rate :ugeek:

Note: I do not check signal strength nor if the GSM shield is connected to a network provider, you have to have a good cell reception and the right frequency band must selected and auto select network must be enabled

If everything is working and your PIN is disabled and your GSM shield is connected to your XU4, you have to restart cloudshell2-monitoring tool sudo systemctl restart cloudshell2-monitoring.service you can check if the GSM shield was detected with:

Code: Select all

danielm@odroidxu4:~/CloudShell2$ sudo systemctl status cloudshell2-monitoring.service
                  ● cloudshell2-monitoring.service - "ODROID Cloudshell2 Monitoring"
                     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/cloudshell2-monitoring.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
                     Active: active (running) since Thu 2019-09-12 18:05:17 CEST; 5s ago
                   Main PID: 6137 (start-lcd)
                     CGroup: /system.slice/cloudshell2-monitoring.service
                             ├─6137 /bin/bash /usr/bin/start-lcd
                             └─6141 /usr/bin/cloudshell2-monitoring

Sep 12 18:05:17 odroidxu4 systemd[1]: Started "ODROID Cloudshell2 Monitoring".
                  Sep 12 18:05:17 odroidxu4 start-lcd[6137]: Found GSM Shield
                  Sep 12 18:05:17 odroidxu4 start-lcd[6137]: GSM disable echo
                  Sep 12 18:05:17 odroidxu4 start-lcd[6137]: GSM shield command executed OK
                  Sep 12 18:05:17 odroidxu4 start-lcd[6137]: GSM enable live SMS
                  Sep 12 18:05:17 odroidxu4 start-lcd[6137]: GSM set SMS text mode

If this is ok you can now send SMS messages to your CloudShell2 :ugeek: and your CloudShell2 will automatically inform you if something goes wrong (RAID error, over temperature)

Valid commands at the moment are (status, reboot, shutdown) with the nickname of your cloudshell2 as prefix (cs2 as default), like in the picture above

New command line switch:

cloudshell2-monitoring -d [0,1]

Code: Select all

danielm@odroidxu4:~$ cloudshell2-monitoring -d 1

ATA IDENTIFY DEVICE (disk 1) ...

00000000 | 7A 42 FF 3F 37 C8 10 00 00 00 00 00 3F 00 00 00 | zB.?7.......?...
                  00000010 | 00 00 00 00 20 20 20 20 57 20 2D 44 43 57 59 41 | ....    W -DCWYA
                  00000020 | 48 55 32 43 34 31 37 30 00 00 00 80 32 00 35 31 | HU2C4170....2.51
                  00000030 | 30 2E 48 31 35 31 44 57 20 43 44 57 30 35 30 30 | 0.H151DW CDW0500
                  00000040 | 41 41 58 4B 30 2D 31 30 41 43 20 30 20 20 20 20 | AAXK0-10AC 0
                  00000050 | 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 10 80 |               ..
                  00000060 | 00 00 00 2F 01 40 00 00 00 00 07 00 FF 3F 10 00 | .../.@.......?..
                  00000070 | 3F 00 10 FC FB 00 00 01 FF FF FF 0F 00 00 07 00 | ?...............
                  00000080 | 03 00 78 00 78 00 78 00 78 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ..x.x.x.x.......
                  00000090 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 1F 00 0E 17 06 00 44 00 40 00 | ............D.@.
                  000000A0 | FE 01 00 00 6B 74 61 7D 23 41 69 74 41 BC 23 41 | ....kta}#AitA.#A
                  000000B0 | 7F 40 28 00 28 00 00 00 FE FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 |@(.(...........
                  000000C0 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 30 60 38 3A 00 00 00 00 | ........0`8:....
                  000000D0 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 50 E2 4E C9 5B F1 3C | .........P.N.[.<
                  000000E0 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 18 40 | ...............@
                  000000F0 | 18 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | .@..............
                  00000100 | 21 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FE 16 25 01 00 00 | !...........%...
                  00000110 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 | ................
                  00000120 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ................
                  00000130 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ................
                  00000140 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ................
                  00000150 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ................
                  00000160 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ................
                  00000170 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ................
                  00000180 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ................
                  00000190 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 37 30 00 00 | ............70..
                  000001A0 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ................
                  000001B0 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3E 10 00 00 | ............>...
                  000001C0 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ................
                  000001D0 | 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ................
                  000001E0 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ................
                  000001F0 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 A5 7C | ...............|

This output should show you the "header" of a disc in which the RAID controller marks the disk as defective or not but I do have problems with it as the bytes are somehow swapped, i have to reinvest in this further

That's about it, I hope you guys have fun with it :ugeek:

RG
                  Last edited by AreaScout on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
                  rooted (Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:34 pm)

odroid
                  Site Admin
                  languages_spoken: English
                  ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread post by odroid » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:12 pm

Time to forward this great news to Rob. ;)
                  These users thanked the author odroid for the post:
                  AreaScout (Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:35 pm)

AreaScout
                  H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:35 pm

odroid wrote:
                  Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:12 pm
                  Time to forward this great news to Rob. ;)
                  Looking forward to read it in the magazine :)

RG
                  odroid (Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:16 am)

soerenderfor
                  languages_spoken: Danish, English
                  ODROIDs: ODROID U3, ODROID C2, ODROID XU4, ODROID N2, ODROID H2.

Unread post by soerenderfor » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:10 am

Hi AreaScout.

I was thinking about, do you run your own Cloudshell 2. With Odroid XU4 or the XU4Q version?
                  Because i use the XU4Q, and at 60% load, i get 78-80 degress. Thanks.

Best Regards.

AreaScout
                  H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:25 am

Hi soerenderfor

Yes I run it also with XU4Q now, before I was using it with XU4, it is a perfect solution to run a XU4Q inside CloudShell2 because the fan of the CS2 will exactly blow not only to the hard disks but also directly on the XU4Q, here I have a temperature graph, https://snapshot.raintank.io/dashboard/ ... rmA4rTyz6h at 19h I restarted the tool with fan permanently ON you can see that it reached a temperature blow 40°C, I don't know how much temperature it will have with a load of 60%, is that the avg for all 8 cores ? But it will for sure be able to cool down your XU4Q board, even on hard compiling tasks it can hold a temperature of <60°C

RG

soerenderfor

Unread post by soerenderfor » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:58 pm

Thanks, for your time to reply.

Hmmmm, strange...

I have switched the my ODROID XU4Q out for my ODROID XU4 - Still get around same temp... With full blow on the little fan, switched out with a Noctua 5V 40mm. But it stays around 80 degress.
                    With:
                    Openmediavault - Just the OMV, ODROID XU4 image - Standard settings, just updated and intalled (LCD Display Info and Monitoring Tool - I of course do know the temp has NOTHING to do with the tool. Just info so i get the display with all the info)
                    80% Load on the CPU, did not check on all cores is active. (7 DL is 80% CPU load and CPU load is around 50% with around 4 DL)
                    80 degress - but it is max, did not get over - But in my opinon it is to much.
                    7 simultaneously DL from internet (7 - to check how fast i max could DL) - Stays at 37.7 MB/s after a while, have been up on 40 MB/s.
                    Noctua 92mm 12V Fan - I have just read 5V is standard? Maybe it is the reson i don't know?? - The FAN start at 65 degress.
                    Noctua 40mm 5V Fan on ODROID XU4 - Start 25 degress, trip poin 1 - 35 degress, trip point 2, 40 degress trip point 3 full blow at full rpm.
                    Temp, is visible on the front display - with your LCD Display Info and Monitoring Tool - Love the tool!!)
                    PM mode on Cloudshell2

Can you with the information come with a guess how it can be?

Looking forward to hear from you.
                    Best Regards.

AreaScout
                    H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:19 pm

If you use a different fan on the back of the CS2 you have to remove the current limit board, without it the airflow is stronger posting.php?mode=reply&f=147&t=33860#pr263251
                      And the tool regulates the fan as you already said and it start by default on >65°C, why not using a different setting inside the config file if you want it to stay cooler ? i.e 55°C ?

RG

soerenderfor

Unread post by soerenderfor » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:46 pm

Thanks for reply.

I have done it all. Also FAN always on, the same result every time goes up to around 78-80 degress.
                      Also same result with ODROID XU4Q board.

The only thing i can come up with is it must be some settings?
                      Have switched the orginal FAN out with Noctua NF-A9 5V, the temp came down with around 2 degress.

Best Regards.

AreaScout
                      H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:04 pm

Strange, maybe the fan is mounted the wrong way around and you suck air out of the case instead of blowing air in ? Or maybe just one of your temperature sensors is defektive ?
                        Can you show me the output of this command ? cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone*/temp

RG

soerenderfor

Unread post by soerenderfor » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:54 am

Hi.

I found out a fault in the setup. The Cloudshell stood on top on something so there was 1cm space under, very surprised it has that much effect.
                        Now the temp is reasonable in my opnion.
                        With 60% Load i get:

Thanks for your reply. And sorry for wasting some of your time. I did not know how much it would effect the temp.

Best Regards.

AreaScout
                        H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:12 pm

You are welcome ! Good that it works now for you :)

RG

soerenderfor

Unread post by soerenderfor » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:03 am

But now i can recommend the Noctua NF-A9 5V - Nice fan, a little loud with full speed. But not more than orginal. But damn it can blow air ;-)

AreaScout
                          H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:40 am

@all

New version 1.0.15-1 is online: (Backup your current settings before installing)

cloudshell2 LCD display and monitoring tool 1.0.15
                            • IP Adress now displays -.-.-.- if IP was dropped
                            • Make maximum hard disk temperature a configurable value via config file, before it was a fixed value of 50°C
                            RG
                            odroid (Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:28 am)

Return to “CloudShell”