LibreELEC 8.0 - Krypton final - media build edition - 32bit

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid, Raybuntu, wrxtasy

Unread postby wrxtasy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:08 pm

I've finally decided to jump on the Kodi Krypton train and fire up the compiler engine...

This is a Mish-mash of a media_build, pulling in all sorts of tweaks, twerks and personal touches from AML LE devs @Raybuntu, @kszaq, @cvh, @popcornmix, @kwiboo, @codesnake and the AML Video Sync master blaster @peak3d ! :D

@Raybuntu has done a lot of the 32bit ground work under the Hood here (used his Repo). The Kodi Krypton 17 final code has been added. Addons and underlying LibreELEC OS is not quite up to final 8.0 release status just yet.

github.com/wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv/tree/kry1-media_build

- cvh's media_build added with patches from kszaq. Tested with my PS3 Dual DVB-T dib0700 tuner and TvHeadend 4.2
- Amremote is used exclusively for faster IR remote response. There is no Lirc in this release. I will put out another version for Lirc.

- Various Audio reverts are included here, to fix the random clicking, and popping of audio when changing from Passthrough to PCM
I had to reset my Audio offset back to 0ms (from +250ms) to get Audio back into Sync on my HDMI connected TV.

- Busybox patched to add the Hexdump command which fixes the RAM Overclocking script error.
- Popcornmix's CEC settings - button repeat configs added
- Kodi setting additions of - Browsing into Archives - Boost Centre Audio Channel on Downmix
- Cosmetic Kodi info cleanups

- NOTE: Kodi Krypton and TvHeadend is no longer 5.1 AC3 passthrough capable. This is a Kodi design decision.
TV channels zapping from PCM <--> AC3 Audio - changing is quicker as a result.

- Compatible with Raybuntu's 32bit Krypton release
- And LibreELEC SSH login password changed to - le

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.01.tar
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.01.img.gz

Thordia's (64bit) Add-ons for LibreELEC - Transmission, CouchPotato etc...
NOTE: The above Addons will only be compatible for 64bit C2 LibreELEC Builds. I will do a 64bit only media_build shortly for Addon compatibility.

LIRC
- this version needs Lirc activated in LibreELEC itself:
Kodi > Programs > Program Addons > LibreELEC Configurator > Services > Enable Lirc (down the bottom)

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.01.Lirc.tar

W.

Confirmed working DVB Tuners:

Note: TvHeadend server v4.1/4.2 is needed if DVB streaming HEVC

- DVBSky T330 DVB-T2/T/C USB Stick
- PS3 PlayTV Dual DVB-T USB Tuner
- Geniatech_T230/MyGica T230/August T210v2 DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuner

Problematic DVB Tuners:

- Sundtec Media TV III
LibreELEC Krypton C1(+) HERE
LibreELEC Krypton C2 HERE
wrxtasy

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2

Re: LibreELEC 8.0 - Krypton final - media build edition

Unread postby Raybuntu » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:19 pm

+1Great to hear.

Did you upload your source yet? I'd like to see how the media_build works with the missing ioctl. That's definitely worth upstreaming to official LE.
BTC: 13M7sUBpS9uVpo4mzukV9CH8HGg7vDUC7Y
Raybuntu

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: C1+, C2

Unread postby infinity85 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:39 pm

Is this a 32bit or aarch64 release?
The Audio reverts sound interesting. Are they generally in Krypton code now (that means also in todays Raybuntus new beta2b image?) or are these only in your specific builds?

Any disadvantages using a media_build if not having any purpose for dvb stuff? Just for the sake of comparing the builds from you and raybuntus?
infinity85

ODROIDs: Odroid C2

Unread postby Raybuntu » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Not sure about what audio reverts. But nothing changed in my builds according audio.

DVB and media_build is a bit risky. Last time I checked a few ioctl were missing and tvheadend was not working properly but @kszaq made some work lately. Just try it.
If it works it is worth to make a PR for official LE.
Raybuntu

Unread postby wrxtasy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:53 pm

I'm using @kszaq's very recent ioctl patches for media_build.

Audio reverts pulled back all the AML Krypton and AML Kernel Audio commits that @kwiboo plugged in. Its pretty much the same as what is in LE Jarvis 7.1.x now. I'm not sure a how 5.1 PCM audio will work. I've no AVR to test.

Will upload the source tonight..after a tidy up.
wrxtasy

Re: LibreELEC 8.0 - Krypton final - media build edition - 32

Unread postby infinity85 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:58 pm

I'd like to test the Audio part.

For a clean Install, will it work...:
If I take raybuntus recent LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0-rb-beta2b.img.gz and update it with this LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.tar?
The audio reverts should take effect then?
infinity85

Unread postby wrxtasy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:06 pm

Yes.. that is all that is needed. :)

Or just drop the LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.tar into the update folder on an already running 32bit Krypton build.
wrxtasy

Unread postby infinity85 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:44 pm

wrxtasy wrote:Yes.. that is all that is needed. :)
Or just drop the LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.tar into the update folder on an already running 32bit Krypton build.
Yep, I prefer to you a spare SD card for testing :)

Okay, compared your build and the one from Raybuntu in terms of audio: Virtually no difference. All play everything fine, no matter if set to passthrough or without passthrough, letting it decode everything to PCM.
Both play also flac 24bit/192KHz. But they both show always PCM as 7.1, even if files are 5.1. (I'm sure this was always the case, at least since HD-Audio was integrated).

Audio offset is also the same. Both builds must be set to ~300ms audio ahead on my Onkyo TX-NR616.

Remark: The "transcode all to AC3" inbetween the passthrough settings vanished, is that correct?

Tested with files from: http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples
Tested at first a clean install of Raybuntus beta2b and afterwards updated to LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.tar
Passthrough on my Onkyo 616:
- Dolby Digital (AC3 5.1)
- Dobly Digital plus
- Dobly TrueHD
- DTS HD Master
--> all working
--> Tested the Audio offset with a Dolby Digital file: ~ 300ms ahead

Decoding (passthrough disabled, set to 5.1 speaker setup)
--> All formats show PCM 7.1 (although some are actually 5.1 files) and seem to be mapped correctly
--> Beck - Sea Change (DTS-HDMA 24-192kHz 5.1 (45sec).flac is plays correctly as 24bit 192KHz PCM, but 7.1 again.

By the way: Audio offset is the same, no matter if passthrough enabled, or disabled, thus sending already decoded PCM streams.
Whatever... globald audio offset still works ;)
infinity85

Unread postby wrxtasy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Thx. for testing @infinity85. :)

I still have the - Enable Dobly Digital (AC3) transcoding option, when HDMI connected to my TV.
Maybe it disappears when a proper DTS capable AVR is connected ?

I definitely notice the clicks and pops when using official (& RB's) Krypton when changing between different A/V files. Seems to happen randomly. @kszaq has had users complain as well before he reverted Audio code in both Jarvis and Krypton.

Its strange that those with HDMI connected TV's needed an Audio offset at all with RB's Krypton & official LE. I've never seen that before with AML LE with just a straight HDMI TV connection. Anyway back to normal now :)
wrxtasy

Unread postby infinity85 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:35 pm

wrxtasy wrote:Thx. for testing @infinity85. :)

I still have the - Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding option, when HDMI connected to my TV.
Maybe it disappears when a proper DTS capable AVR is connected ?

aah... had a look into it. It disappeared because I set the "Number of channels" to 5.1. With default 2.0 the option appear again. Didn't know that ;)

wrxtasy wrote:I definitely notice the clicks and pops when using official (& RB's) Krypton when changing between different A/V files. Seems to happen randomly. @kszaq has had users complain as well before he reverted Audio code in both Jarvis and Krypton.
Oh that can surely be. I do not have Raybuntus images in daily use yet. Just was testing it quickly, whenever a new build came out. Quickly means: checking whether audio offset changed, 3D autoswitch came up and if IPTV with zapping was getting better (which it got clearly). I intend to switch over to his build these days and transfer my library to it. Currently still using your October build. So now I know that I might expect some audio clicking :o ;).

wrxtasy wrote:Its strange that those with HDMI connected TV's needed an Audio offset at all with RB's Krypton & official LE. I've never seen that before with AML LE with just a straight HDMI TV connection. Anyway back to normal now :)
Does that mean that in this current build the offset is gone with direct connection to TV?

But yeah... I really don't understand that either. I assumed since the beginning of this issue that it might be related to the LipSync feature for AV-Receivers. But I do not know whether lipsync is also a routine which is used in a TV itself for its own sync. That would be a question for noggin and wesk05 at forum.kodi.tv. The thing is, I don't even know how and where to begin with describing the issue or provide the correct debug stuff to narrow it down, so that they could have anything they could speculate about. Apparently this audio offset issue is not showing up in the usual logs.
I'm always planning to put your old 7.0.2 build on a spare SD card and test how it was there. Somehow I manage to not do it :lol:
infinity85

Unread postby Raybuntu » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:52 am

I never had audio pops or clicks and also no audio delay issues but I think it depends on the TV/AVR in use.
Raybuntu

Unread postby pajretX » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:40 am

It's gotta be something else.
If it was driven by a specific TV/AVR we would have the same issue with Jarvis releases. Yet the problem only occurs with Krypton. What makes it even more weird is that audio-wise this release (8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build) is much more Jarvis then Krypton.

BR,
pajretX

languages_spoken: english, polish
ODROIDs: ODROID-C2

Unread postby Raybuntu » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:11 am

I don't doubt that there is an issue. And reverting those commits fixes it.
Raybuntu

Unread postby wrxtasy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:35 am

pajretX wrote:It's gotta be something else.
If it was driven by a specific TV/AVR we would have the same issue with Jarvis releases. Yet the problem only occurs with Krypton. What makes it even more weird is that audio-wise this release (8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build) is much more Jarvis then Krypton.

BR,

What you don't know is the recent Jarvis releases already have the Audio reverts in them. There were click and Pops in personal Jarvis test releases when I switched to the common LibreELEC linux-amlogic Kernel. I never released those Jarvis test versions to anyone.

So this issue is not Krypton specific. Its an Audio issue in the common LE linux-amlogic Kernel.
wrxtasy

Unread postby infinity85 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:52 am

Perhaps one should look at it from a different perspective: It is strange that you have to correct audio with an "ahead" offset, while usually the picture needs processing time, thus usually audio needs to be delayed. This could lead to the conclusion that since @peak3d improved the video code so much in krypton, the rendered picture is coming way sooner into the pipeline and muxer than before all those patches came into it. Could such thing be an explanation, or is this technically not possible? (Question for developers and pro's of the code) :)

What I want to say with it: It might be not the audio code which is the cause, but perhaps more the video code.
infinity85

Unread postby andy5macht » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:39 am

Wow, really nice Release.
I´ve done some tests with DVB-C/T USB-Sticks:

1. Sundtec Media TV III (DVB-C/T/T2): Still same Error during Scan/Tune (i had to Install Sundtec Addon to get the Stick recognized in TVheadend)
=> https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-4029.html

2. DVBSky T330: Scanning working fine here!

so it seems to be a driver issue?! :(
andy5macht

ODROIDs: U3, C2

Unread postby Raybuntu » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:50 am

infinity85 wrote:Perhaps one should look at it from a different perspective: It is strange that you have to correct audio with an "ahead" offset, while usually the picture needs processing time, thus usually audio needs to be delayed. This could lead to the conclusion that since @peak3d improved the video code so much in krypton, the rendered picture is coming way sooner into the pipeline and muxer than before all those patches came into it. Could such thing be an explanation, or is this technically not possible? (Question for developers and pro's of the code) :)

What I want to say with it: It might be not the audio code which is the cause, but perhaps more the video code.

becoming quite an expert :) . The problem is as always amlogic. @peak3d was in contact with them to fix those issue with framerate switching. Their code is full of stupid and undocumented stuff. No wonder its so hard to mainline amlogic!
It requires a good audio expert and probably a contact at Amlogic. Afaik @kwiboo wanned to rework some of the audio patches, also to get Hifi Shield support. But currently everyone is working on finding the memory leak in aarch64 kodi.

Thats why I said Rockchip could be the better Amlogic. Doesn't have to be the Tinkerbell board, a lot of new boards with RK3399 will be coming out this year.
Raybuntu

Unread postby Raybuntu » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:54 am

andy5macht wrote:Wow, really nice Release.
I´ve done some tests with DVB-C/T USB-Sticks:

1. Sundtec Media TV III (DVB-C/T/T2): Still same Error during Scan/Tune (i had to Install Sundtec Addon to get the Stick recognized in TVheadend)
=> https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-4029.html

2. DVBSky T330: Scanning working fine here!

so it seems to be a driver issue?! :(

@andy5macht can you ask at sundtek forum for support and PM me with the link. Maybe they can help. There are using this closed source binary, maybe there is something wrong with it. I'm almost sure it's a problem in my builds but you never know. If they reply it's nothing they can fix we will know at least for sure. I was in contact with Markus Rechberger once and he's very kind and might know how to fix it.
Raybuntu

Unread postby Arakon » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:43 am

Can 7.1.1 be updated to this, or is a clean install required?
Arakon

Unread postby DarkStarXxX » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:39 am

Arakon wrote:Can 7.1.1 be updated to this, or is a clean install required?

No, u Need a clean install.
DarkStarXxX

languages_spoken: english / german
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2

Unread postby redbird » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:18 am

Wow. Thanks so much to W, Ray, and everyone else!

I can confirm that:
1) The loud popping when starting, stopping, or random idle that existed before (on beta2) has vanished.
2) amremote is performing wonderfully with the HK IR remote and is much faster than lirc.

:D
redbird

ODROIDs: U2, C2x5, XU4Q

Unread postby wrxtasy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:54 pm

A LIRC .tar update added for those that still need that support.

Its very noticeable now how much quicker the HK IR C1/C2 remote is when using AMremote only in back to back LE tests.
wrxtasy

Unread postby rmw » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:57 pm

Is AMremote limited to the buttons found on the original Odroid remote?

I'm using a Logitech Harmony which has many hardware buttons the original Odroid remote is missing (fast-forward, rewind, red/green/yellow/blue...) and which I can use with LIRC and the MCE profile.
rmw

ODROIDs: c2

Unread postby Arakon » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:11 am

I'm also using a harmony, and even when copying over the lirc.conf from the 7.1.1 release, the button configuration has changed. i.e. my back (backspace) and menu buttons no longer have a function. I have no files in the keymap folder on either version. What file is responsible for adjusting these assignments?
Arakon

Unread postby mattlovell » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:38 am

Thanks for your continued work on LibreELEC and the C2.

With this build, and a Hi-Fi+ board attached but unused due to the HDMI connection, audio pass-through of DTS, TruHD (and possibly others) for movies results in just 2 channels active on the AVR (a Yamaha Aventage). Is this a known issue for the ODroid C2?

EDIT:
Oh, and music playback seems to occur only through the Hi-Fi+ board's RCA outputs, even if HDMI is selected in System -> Audio -> Output. I have not yet tried taking the Hi-Fi board off to see what results.
mattlovell

ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby melibokus » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:04 am

thanks @wrxtasy!
First build I tested which works great with current DVB-T2 (HEVC, H.265) test operations in Germany!
Config:
  • ODROID C2
  • Geniatech T230 USB DVBT receiver
  • Kodi AddOn TVHeadend 4.2 server
  • Kodi AddOn TVHeadend client
  • DVB-T2 transmitter Rhein-Main 778 MHz
(details/work in progress see: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-3863- ... l#pid28565)
melibokus

languages_spoken: deutsch, english
ODROIDs: ODROID C2

Unread postby rccoleman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:27 am

Running this on my C2, this build looks great for most of the test files that I use, including the complex rain scene in the beginning of the 1408 Blu Ray. That's been a killer for a while, and just cleared up in the last few builds. I'm still seeing some jerkiness in the beginning of Batman Begins, particularly in the motion-heavy scene with the bats and the transition to the kids running. I've tried lots of different settings, including changing the TV frame rate (sample is 23.976), syncing the playback to the display, playing back locally vs. from my NAS, creating a new, empty profile, but all result in jerkiness in the same spots. I can play the same video back in VLC on my Mac smoothly. Is this still an artifact of the 23.976fps playback issues from the earlier versions? It's so close to flawlessly playing my entire library.

Full log is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/761 ... begins.log
Trimmed down sample is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/761 ... s-trim.mkv

The whole clip is only around 20 seconds, and the same thing was happening in Raybuntu's build.

Rob
rccoleman

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:38 pm

melibokus wrote:thanks @wrxtasy!
First build I tested which works great with current DVB-T2 (HEVC, H.265) test operations in Germany!
Config:
  • ODROID C2
  • Geniatech T230 USB DVBT receiver
  • Kodi AddOn TVHeadend 4.2 server
  • Kodi AddOn TVHeadend client
  • DVB-T2 transmitter Rhein-Main 778 MHz
(details/work in progress see: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-3863- ... l#pid28565)

Very nice detailed work there in your LE forum - project post ! :D
This will help a bunch of people going forward wanting LibreELEC DVB-T2 HEVC - TvHeadend server projects.
wrxtasy

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:04 pm

mattlovell wrote:Thanks for your continued work on LibreELEC and the C2.

With this build, and a Hi-Fi+ board attached but unused due to the HDMI connection, audio pass-through of DTS, TruHD (and possibly others) for movies results in just 2 channels active on the AVR (a Yamaha Aventage). Is this a known issue for the ODroid C2?

EDIT:
Oh, and music playback seems to occur only through the Hi-Fi+ board's RCA outputs, even if HDMI is selected in System -> Audio -> Output. I have not yet tried taking the Hi-Fi board off to see what results.

Hi, you are actually one of the rare fellas that uses a HiFi Shield + so thanks for confirmation the RCA Audio outputs actually work with LE. What is the Audio quality actually like via the HiFi's DAC and RCA ?
Do you have the capability to perhaps test SPDIF Audio output ?

You could try disabling Passthrough, selecting PCM and the Number of Audio channels and playing HD Audio to see if lossless Multichannel PCM Audio is output to the AVR over HDMI.

Literally no attention has been given to this HiFi board so far as AML C2 Audio is concerned. Our LE AML Audio guy @kwiboo may have a HiFi device but all attention at the moment from LE devs is directed to bug busting the memory leak in 64bit AML LE Kodi. It looks like a serious 64bit Kodi issue.

What you could try is Raybuntu's 32bit Krypton build, that has a different AML LE Audio implementation that may work with the HiFi + and HDMI.
It would be appreciated it we get some feedback results pls.
wrxtasy

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Arakon wrote:I'm also using a harmony, and even when copying over the lirc.conf from the 7.1.1 release, the button configuration has changed. i.e. my back (backspace) and menu buttons no longer have a function. I have no files in the keymap folder on either version. What file is responsible for adjusting these assignments?

I'm not sure what has happened there. There possibly may have been Kodi changes, as I do notice with my Wireless remote different Long press functionality.
I would suggest installing the Kodi Addon - Keymap Editor and see if those button are actually registering in Kodi and can then be assigned functions.

@rmw, It might be possible adding extra buttons for Harmony programmed as a C2. I would hassle HardKernel to see if they can Pump out a Android MCE remote.conf file for MCE remote compatibility.
The remote.conf for AMremote implementation has actually come from Android for the C1/C2 IR remote. I'm not sure how it was originally implemented and IR configured as yet.
wrxtasy

Unread postby Arakon » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:49 pm

I'll check that out, thanks.
Another thing: the C2 is connected to a denon AVR-1312 via HDMI. On 7.1.1, I use passthrough with no problems. On 8, if the device is the default PCM output device, I get loud crackling and popping noises in the menu after a restart with passthrough active, and turning any of the passthrough support options (DTS, Dolby, usw) off OR on stops it until the next reboot.
Setting the output device to "HDMI" instead fixes it, but when using stereo upmix then I seem to randomly get strongly distorted voice in some movies, making it sound robotic.
Arakon

Unread postby Pienoet » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:38 pm

Arakon wrote:I'll check that out, thanks.
Another thing: the C2 is connected to a denon AVR-1312 via HDMI. On 7.1.1, I use passthrough with no problems. On 8, if the device is the default PCM output device, I get loud crackling and popping noises in the menu after a restart with passthrough active, and turning any of the passthrough support options (DTS, Dolby, usw) off OR on stops it until the next reboot.
Setting the output device to "HDMI" instead fixes it, but when using stereo upmix then I seem to randomly get strongly distorted voice in some movies, making it sound robotic.

I have the same issue.
At reboot before intro movie starts i have very loud pop/peek.
And when start or stop a live tv stream i have also that loud pop/peek.

This is not when i set audio channels to 2.0 and select transcode ac3 in passtrough.
But when select audio channel to 5.1 and stereo upmix and passthrough enabled then i have annoying loud pop/peek.
Pienoet

languages_spoken: english Dutch

Unread postby Arakon » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:37 pm

I just tried with the keymap editor.
The keys are not recognized by Kodi at all. Assigning times out.
"Back" Key used to be "ESC" on the Kodi profile in the harmony software, for example.
Arakon

Unread postby dAlexis » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:03 pm

Currently, I have an old T220 (W\O A letter!) DVB stick. Looks, that it's visible by the system (please, see code section below) but not by tvheadend web interface - tv adapters section in DVB inputs is empty .
Please, point me 2 step-by-step setup of this beast, if present.

Addition - according to link below (Russian) - possible cause and solution:

http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=73:4805:739#739

in dw2102.c
function t220_frontend_attach
needed changes

from
obuf[1] = 0x83;
to
obuf[1] = 0x80;

P.S. Crazycat wrote, that it was fixed ~3 years ago...

Code: Select all
LibreELEC (wrxtasy-raybuntu-media_build) Version: 8.0
LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep dvb
[   11.349243@1] dvb-usb: found a 'Geniatech T220 DVB-T/T2 USB2.0' in warm state.
[   11.351145@1] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
[   11.352947@1] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (Geniatech T220 DVB-T/T2 USB2.0)
[   11.361103@1] dvb-usb: MAC address: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
[   11.362046@1] dvbdev: dvb_create_media_entity: media entity 'dvb-demux' registered.
[   11.421434@1] dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'Geniatech T220 DVB-T/T2 USB2.0'
[   11.435469@0] Modules linked in: rc_su3000(O) dvb_usb_dw2102(O+) dvb_usb(O) dvb_core(O) meson_ir(O) rc_core(O) mali(O) amlvideodri(O) videobuf_res(O) videobuf_core(O) videodev(O) media(O) autofs4 fbcon bitblit softcursor font
[   11.458534@1] dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
[   11.458549@1] dvb-usb: Geniatech T220 DVB-T/T2 USB2.0 successfully initialized and connected.
LibreELEC:~ # ls /dev/dvb/*
demux0  dvr0    net0
LibreELEC:~ # lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0603:0002 Novatek Microelectronics Corp.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1f4d:d220 G-Tek Electronics Group Geniatech T220 DVB-T2 TV Stick
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
LibreELEC:~ # ls /dev/dvb/a*
demux0  dvr0    net0
LibreELEC:~ # ls /dev/dvb
adapter0
LibreELEC:~ # ls /dev/dvb/a*
demux0  dvr0    net0
dAlexis

languages_spoken: Russian, English

Unread postby mattlovell » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:26 am

wrxtasy wrote:Hi, you are actually one of the rare fellas that uses a HiFi Shield + so thanks for confirmation the RCA Audio outputs actually work with LE. What is the Audio quality actually like via the HiFi's DAC and RCA ?

The sound quality is quite good! The DAC on the HiFi Shield, at least per specs, is at least the equal of what's in the Yamaha AVR, and the sound lives up to that.

I have to dig up a cable, but yes, I could test that. I ran through some experiments with the available connections I have; results are below.

You could try disabling Passthrough, selecting PCM and the Number of Audio channels and playing HD Audio to see if lossless Multichannel PCM Audio is output to the AVR over HDMI.

Literally no attention has been given to this HiFi board so far as AML C2 Audio is concerned. Our LE AML Audio guy @kwiboo may have a HiFi device but all attention at the moment from LE devs is directed to bug busting the memory leak in 64bit AML LE Kodi. It looks like a serious 64bit Kodi issue.

What you could try is Raybuntu's 32bit Krypton build, that has a different AML LE Audio implementation that may work with the HiFi + and HDMI.

I'll see if I can sum up the results succinctly...

Video playback

With pass-through off, and independent of the selected audio output (PCM or HDMI) in Kodi, video playback was always accompanied with sound on both HDMI and RCA outputs. If Kodi was told that there were 2.0 channels, then the AVR showed 2.0 PCM and that resulting mix was also on RCA. If Kodi channels were set to 2.1, then the AVR showed 2.1 PCM and, again, the mix was also available on RCA. With channels set to 5.1 in Kodi, the AVR showed 2.1 PCM. This time, only the left and right channels from the movie were on the RCA outputs; the center channel was omitted from that mix.

With pass-through on, results for HDMI were always 2.1 audio, albeit now labeled on the AVR as TrueHD rather than PCM. With pass-through on, no audio was available on the RCA outputs.

Music playback

Independent of the selected audio output in Kodi, music playback with the HiFi Shield attached occurred only through the RCA outputs. So, selecting HDMI as Kodi's audio output has no effect.

However, turning stereo-upmix on in Kodi gets 2.0 channel music playback happening on both HDMI (labelled as PCM, naturally) and RCA. (One can then switch back and forth between playback from the AVR's DAC and the HiFi Shield's DAC. There's a level/volume difference between the two, but the sound seems equally great.)

Turning stereo-upmix on was also the only time any of Kodi's GUI sounds were present on HDMI.

Hope the above helps. I'll see if I can dig up a SPDIF cable.

[EDIT: typos]
mattlovell

Unread postby mattlovell » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:51 am

SPDIF output works as well, with behavior (from what I tested) identical to that of the RCA outputs. Setting Kodi channels to greater than 2 resulted in the center channel getting dropped from the mix for movie playback.
mattlovell

Unread postby mattlovell » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:44 am

Giving

http://raybuntu.libreelec.tv/images/bet ... a2b.img.gz

a try, the results are pretty similar. With pass-through on or off, and with either PCM or HDMI selected as the audio output, HDMI audio seems limited to 2.1 (labeled in the AVR as PCM when pass-through is off and TrueHD when pass-through is on). I didn't check out RCA output behavior yet.

One difference I did notice is that Kodi's GUI sounds play even when stereo upmix is off.

Is the above the build you meant, BTW, or is there a different Raybuntu build I should try?

Thanks,
Matt
mattlovell

Unread postby wrxtasy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:55 pm

mattlovell wrote:

SPDIF output works as well, with behavior (from what I tested) identical to that of the RCA outputs. Setting Kodi channels to greater than 2 resulted in the center channel getting dropped from the mix for movie playback.

Thanks for testing, I have no AVR here to even test such things. Nor the AML Linux Audio Knowledge required either to fix.
LE AMLogic Audio is still a WIP - particularly for HiFi+ support.

That was the Raybuntu build I meant, that you have tested.

For SPDIF output I do know you can only have 2.0 PCM Audio output. In Kodi Audio settings when using 5.1 AC3/ DTS Passthrough & SPDIF - 2.0 then refers to the number of Transport Channels, not the number of speakers connected to an AVR. SPDIF only supports 2.0 channels.

I'm asking about SPDIF specifically as I get questioned quite often if the C2 supports 5.1 AC3/DTS with the HiFI Shield +
If I'm reading your answer correctly 5.1 Passthrough Audio is not working with the LE C2 & HiFi+ SPDIF combo ?
wrxtasy

Unread postby wrxtasy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:02 pm

dAlexis wrote:Currently, I have an old T220 (W\O A letter!) DVB stick. Looks, that it's visible by the system (please, see code section below) but not by tvheadend web interface - tv adapters section in DVB inputs is empty .

I've sent this upstream to @cvh who handles media_build DVB drivers for LibreELEC to have a look at.

EDIT: @cvh has had a look at the T220 driver and confirms the current code is correct. But I have put that code change into a test T220 .tar update to see what happens.

It will either work or not and there is not much more we can do with the driver.
I personally don't want to get into bug busting external peripheral driver support. That is far too time consuming and pretty much impossible without hardware.

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.T220.tar
wrxtasy

Unread postby mattlovell » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:19 pm

If I'm reading your answer correctly 5.1 Passthrough Audio is not working with the LE C2 & HiFi+ SPDIF combo ?

Correct, DTS and TrueHD passthrough seem to be getting down-mixed to 2.1 audio.

Other than that, the audio quality for both builds seemed great -- no pops/clicks or dropouts in the period of time I listened.
mattlovell

Unread postby dAlexis » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:11 am

wrxtasy wrote:
dAlexis wrote:Currently, I have an old T220 (W\O A letter!) DVB stick. Looks, that it's visible by the system (please, see code section below) but not by tvheadend web interface - tv adapters section in DVB inputs is empty .

I've sent this upstream to @cvh who handles media_build DVB drivers for LibreELEC to have a look at.

EDIT: @cvh has had a look at the T220 driver and confirms the current code is correct. But I have put that code change into a test T220 .tar update to see what happens.

It will either work or not and there is not much more we can do with the driver.
I personally don't want to get into bug busting external peripheral driver support. That is far too time consuming and pretty much impossible without hardware.

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.T220.tar

First of all, thanks!
I understand, that writing & fixing hardware drivers w\o hardware itself is at least, problematic :).
Not succeseeful after tar update too - code below. Frontend not attached :( I'll try 2 discuss the issue with crazycat on ixbt forum, it seems 2 me, that he is really understanding the subject.
Maybe, I'll try to learn cross-compliling (was compiling gentoo kernel, but for PC only), and make an attempt to solve it myself.

Code: Select all
[   10.714136@0] dvb-usb: found a 'Geniatech T220 DVB-T/T2 USB2.0' in warm state.
[   10.715603@0] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
[   10.716988@0] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (Geniatech T220 DVB-T/T2 USB2.0)
[   10.724111@0] dvb-usb: MAC address: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
[   10.725144@0] dvbdev: dvb_create_media_entity: media entity 'dvb-demux' registered.
[   10.800053@0] dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'Geniatech T220 DVB-T/T2 USB2.0'
[   10.846716@0] dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
[   10.846729@0] dvb-usb: Geniatech T220 DVB-T/T2 USB2.0 successfully initialized and connected.
[   10.898873@1] Modules linked in: rc_su3000(O) dvb_usb_dw2102(O) dvb_usb(O) dvb_core(O) meson_ir(O) rc_core(O) mali(O) amlvideodri(O) videobuf_res(O) videobuf_core(O) videodev(O) media(O) autofs4 fbcon bitblit softcursor font
dAlexis

Unread postby Arakon » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:11 am

Is it possible that the MCE keyboard support was removed? I'm not sure anymore, but I think my Harmony may be set up as a MCE keyboard.
Arakon

Unread postby Pienoet » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:25 am

Hi wrxtasy i want to compile raybuntu's build with Boost Centre Audio Channel on Downmix.

I can't find it on your repo is it in kry1-media_build branche?

Thanks!
Pienoet

Unread postby Meeuuh9455 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:56 am

@arakon

I changed my harmony remote configuration and chose microsoft Media center (xbox) profil... They are less buttons but it works
Meeuuh9455

languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: C1 (openelec), C2

Unread postby dAlexis » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:20 am

It seems 2 me, that I understood, what's wrong with my old T220 LifeView DVB-T2
Was looking inside varioud dmesg outputs 4 the tuner and found this:

[ 134.609553] DVB: registering new adapter (Geniatech T220 DVB-T/T2 USB2.0)
[ 134.614010] ff ff ff ff ff ff
[ 134.614021] dvb-usb: MAC address: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
[ 134.616135] cxd2820r: cxd2820r_attach: chip id=ff
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Sony CXD2820R (DVB-T/T2))...

It's tuner module used in the stick. No cxd2820r module, no tuner and no frontend...
By the way, why no module? CONFIG_DVB_CXD2820R=m in github. https://github.com/wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv ... rch64.conf

However, find shows only this...

find / -name *2820*
/storage/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/8/8282023c.jpg
dAlexis

Unread postby wrxtasy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:02 pm

You are looking in the wrong LE Github source code. See the Link in the First post for what media_build Github is exactly used.

The CONFIG_DVB's aarch64.conf file no longer has any relevance when building the media_build portion of LE 8.0.

If you have a look here, all the aarch64 media support devices have been pulled out of the Kernel config:

https://github.com/wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv ... 0ac1f19e4e

All those previous modules are now handled by the media_build packaging system itself:
https://github.com/wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv ... package.mk
wrxtasy

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:01 am

Slight test .tar update with:
- improved DVB stability
- improved Lirc and remote control responsiveness - only using Lirc from now onwards.
- tweaked H264 patches from @peak3d
- experimental Audio Silence patch from Jarvis
- @popcornmix's improved CEC adapter - user adjustable remote response times - backports from Kodi 18
& more I've forgotten at the moment...

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.WRX-RB-Media_build.02.tar

For those experiencing stuttering playback of 23.976 / 29.97 / 59.94fps video, we have a test .tar with all of the above and a Frame Rate Automation patch:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0.MB.02.FRA.Fix.tar

W.
wrxtasy

Unread postby Pienoet » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:53 am

I tried both builds and i have a very loud annoying plop/peek sound when start/stop a live tv stream and when reboot system also.

When is set in sudio setting channels to 2.0 and stereo upmix selected itś gone.

If i set channels to 5.1 and stereo upmix selected/unselected the issue is back.

What are the right settings for this to get it work properly?

With raybuntu's build everything is fine.
Pienoet

Unread postby beatmaster » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:15 am

Thanks for this great build. No stuttering anymore. For me your build fixed the amlogic decoder bug. Tested with 2 videos, where there was stuttering before.

On rebooting system, I have also have no plopp/beep or something.

Thx :)
beatmaster

Unread postby leo5111 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:00 am

"A" can i update to this from raybuntu and "B" does it fix the stuttering? "C" does it seem to have any problems?
leo5111

Next

Return to LibreELEC - Kodi Project for C1/C2