LibreELEC 7.1.0 - Multichannel PCM Audio & EAC3(DD+) testing

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid, Raybuntu, wrxtasy

Re: LibreELEC 7.1.0 - Multichannel PCM Audio & EAC3(DD+) tes

Unread postby Da Alchemist » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:09 pm

I have Done some further Tests .Comparing Multichannel examples playing on my Desktop( that can do real Multichannel Output) to the same Examples playing on the Odroid i can now say that Multichannel support on the Odroid is not working properly.
As long as Multichannel Support in Alsa is not working properly, there won´t be proper support in any application.
Regards
Da Alchemist

languages_spoken: english (?) german
ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby infinity85 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:34 pm

Da Alchemist wrote:I have Done some further Tests .Comparing Multichannel examples playing on my Desktop( that can do real Multichannel Output) to the same Examples playing on the Odroid i can now say that Multichannel support on the Odroid is not working properly.
As long as Multichannel Support in Alsa is not working properly, there won´t be proper support in any application.
Regards
To give your post a more constructive touch: Could you please elaborate what not working properly means? I would like to reproduce the issues.

As I mentioned in my last reply, I tested all the samples and all play correctly LF out of LeftFront speaker, LR out of LeftRear speaker etc. So if you provide a bit more information to reproduce the issues, the developers may get this solved hopefully in upcoming Krypton builds :)
infinity85

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: Odroid C2

Unread postby Da Alchemist » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:01 pm

Of Course i could give some further Information, as i did before so i quote myself for the lazy ones:

Da Alchemist wrote:I do not want to spoil this Party, but i think there is still an error in the channelmapping. I tried the October update and the update in this thread from the 18. october , i did download the channelmap conf via wget mentioned in this Thread.

When i ssh to the machine and do
Code: Select all
speaker-test -D hw:0 -c 8
there is clean pink Noise, but mainly on the front speakers. I can here permanent pink noise coming with lower volume from the other connected speakers, but the signal is not going the circle way round ( Kodi is set to 8 channel Output) . My AVR, an Onkyo 606, states correct 7.1 MultichannelPCm and because the Signal is not distorted, you won´t here his Error while playing Music.

Is there still an asound.conf or .asoudrc file somewhere causing trouble?

Regards

As stated you won ´t recognize this error playing Music.

Regards
Da Alchemist

languages_spoken: english (?) german
ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby infinity85 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:38 pm

hmm... as I stated before... I used real samples, which speaks/names the channel on the correct speaker while playing the files (not music), I mean actual videofiles in mkv container with DTS, AC3 tracks etc.

Da Alchemist wrote:[...]Comparing Multichannel examples playing on my Desktop( that can do real Multichannel Output) to the same Examples playing on the Odroid i can now say that Multichannel support on the Odroid is not working properly.
[...]

I'd like to test those examples to reproduce your issue. Could you please name them?

Perhaps you can do a crosscheck here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples
test the following files:

All of them do output the correct channels on my setup. It would be useful to know if it is the same case on your system.

Da Alchemist wrote:As stated you won ´t recognize this error playing Music.

If so, do you hear this error playing above mentioned Video-files? Or is it only restricted to flac files (referring to "music")?
infinity85

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: Odroid C2

Previous

Return to LibreELEC - Kodi Project for C1/C2