languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2, N2

Re: LibreELEC 7.0.0 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1

Post by wrxtasy »

Sigh.... :roll:
This Link from Page #1
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid ... pid2233982
wrxtasy wrote: ODROID C2 LibreELEC HDMI Audio support list:
  • + Passthrough of AC3/DD/DTS 5.1 (Lossy)
  • + Passthrough of Dolby True HD 5.1 and 7.1 / ATMOS (Lossless)
  • + Passsthrough of DTS 96/24
  • - No 7.1 DTS-HD MA/HRA passthrough
  • - No HD Audio decoding by the C2 to output as Multichannel PCM. PCM 2.0 only.
  • - EAC3 / DD+ is a WIP, it's output as PCM 2.0
  • ~ AAC 5.1 can be transcoded to AC3 / DD 5.1 (select transcode)
  • ~ 5.1 / 7.1 DTS-HD MA/HRA - the 5.1 Core will be output if you deselect DTS-HD capable receiver in settings
- LibreELEC 7.0.0 did not make it into the Official LE Github as there was still too much C2 development work going on when the 7.0.0 release was "Frozen". There will be Official downloads for LE 8.0.0 (will be no different to what you get here)

- You cannot select deinterlaced modes when amcodec is decoding Interlaced video as its all done in the Hardware. Switch amcodec off to play around but only for SD content.

- Center button is play/pause. The Home Button on the HK remote brings up the Control Options.

- advancedsettings.xml people. (See Kodi Wiki). Users need to experiment increasing or decreasing buffers depending on their own Networking setups. All 2160p clips play fine here. Kodi Refresh switching must be enabled.

- I will put out a test version with the HiFi Shield code put back in, but it may break other Kodi Audio Passthrough.

TEST:
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.1.HiFi.tar

This likely has to be changed in the boot.ini file to:

Code: Select all

setenv audio_dac "1"
Please complain LOUDLY to HardKernel.
Ask for various asound.conf, hdmi.conf, spdif.conf files that works with Both the HiFi Shield AND HDMI Audio AND works with Kodi. HK can easily experiment and do this work as they have all the equiptment and this LibreELEC image we are all using.

THIS is exactly what is needed:
https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC. ... alsa/cards

NOTE: I do not have HiFi Shield Hardware. Unless I physically have such a DAC or HiFi Shield Hardware there is not much I can do
(Hint to HK)
Last edited by wrxtasy on Wed May 25, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kodi Hardware Guru

rokapet
ODROIDs: Odroid C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by rokapet »

Hi Everyone!

Is there anyone here who uses a Logitech Harmony remote for LibreELEC on Odroid C2? If yes, could you please tell how the Odroid C2 device is configured in MyHarmony app? I have a Harmony 650, and so far I only found the "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" to be operational, but it is not perfect. Depending on LIRC configuration, either all keys are double pressed, or some keys are "delayed" (first press not detected, second press is detected as a double). MyHarmony knows Odroid C1+ as a device, but when configured for this, the C2 does not detect keypresses at all. It took several hours yesterday to troubleshoot, but could not figure it out. This could well be a LIRC problem as well, so I would like to be sure that at least the remote itself is configured properly.

Thank you, and also thank you for all people who contributed in creating Ordoids and LibreELEC!

best_odroidfreak

Post by best_odroidfreak »

wrxtasy wrote:I will be brief:

- Not interested with problems with Kodi Addons or any other external Addon outside the LE system, go ask the Author of the addon. You may need to create a sybolic link for the Download cache on an external USB (see previous page). Really not interested.

- No support for the HiFi Shield. External HardKernel USB soundcard support was pulled out as well to get partial HD Audio working properly. I actually doubt it will go back in. I have not got the time to investigate and do not even have the Hardware. Suggestion use Headphone or Optical out from your TV.

- Sandisk or Samsung EVO+ Class 10 UHS-1 micro SDHC cards are the best. All LibreELEC freezing and GUI problems are usually associated with a micro SDHC storage card R/W incompatibilities

- No problems watching mpeg2/H264 576i/1080i 25fps broadcast TV. Even 29.97fps mpeg2 TV test clips were fine. Very likely a setup issue if users are having problems. You cannot watch 1080i TV, upscaled and displayed at 2160p.

- If connected to an AVR, all AAC audio has to be Transcoded to AC3 so select that option in Audio settings.

- RTC Shield has only just been added to the HK Kernel config itself. The RTC support module is missing currently in the LE Kernel. An update version will be out soon.

- I really don't care at all about languages or specific individual preferences for Addons. Compile your own LE if you need to.

- No idea about advancedsettings.xml combined with Resolution switching setups, you are on your own.

@ftdomen, Strange, that clips plays fine on my OpenELEC C1+ but chokes on the C2. No idea why. Does it play using Android ?
I would actually alert HK to pass the H265 sample on to AMLogic themselves to look at if it fails in Android as well.
Please clarify when will be provided HiFi shield support on OpenELEC for Odroid C2? Many user are waiting for it :)!

wrxtasy

Re: LibreELEC 7.0.1 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1

Post by wrxtasy »

@best_odroidfreak,
Seriously If you cannot be bothered to read previous posts I cannot help you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

/Spoonfeed mode OFF
Last edited by wrxtasy on Wed May 25, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kodi Hardware Guru

menn0

Post by menn0 »

wrxtasy wrote: - Center button is play/pause. The Home Button on the HK remote brings up the Control Options.
I found this out yes, but it is very strange, libreelec for Intel doesnt work this way, at least not on my ps3 bd remote (might be because that is not HDMI-CEC)
but also on all former openelec images the center button brings up the control options during playback.

Should I just remap it? Or are you guys considering changing this.

Moroever.....
Who has Astra Ultra 4k test channel working with Tvheadend? :D

Raybuntu
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: C1+, C2

Post by Raybuntu »

wrxtasy wrote:@best_odroidfreak,
Seriously If you cannot be bothered to read previous posts I cannot help you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

/Spoonfeed mode OFF
+1 :lol:

@odroid @HK or whatever: can you provide a Hifi shield for wrxtasy as a testing sample? I don't like him being bothered by best_odroidfreak anymore. Have mercy ;)

MidnightWatcher

Post by MidnightWatcher »

Here's a test version of wrxtasy's build he posted over on the KODI forum where's he's incorporated code for EAC3 and DTS-HD MA bitstreaming (hope you don't mind my posting the link here mate). I'll be testing asap once I get a chance, hopefully later this evening.

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.1.EAC3.DTSHD.tar

jurand
ODROIDs: XU XU-3 XU-4 C1+ C2

Post by jurand »

MidnightWatcher wrote:Here's a test version of wrxtasy's build he posted over on the KODI forum where's he's incorporated code for EAC3 and DTS-HD MA bitstreaming. I'll be testing asap once I get a chance, hopefully later this evening.
It didn't work for me. AVR shows "Analog" (== no audio stream) and there is no sound - for both EAC3 and DTS-HD.

infinity85

Post by infinity85 »

Tested this new DTS-HD build with my MKV movies and those 3 sample files (http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples):
- 08. DTS-HD HRA 5.1 (in MKV @ 1080p/23.976 VC-1)
- 10. DTS-HD MA 5.1 Channel Check (in M2TS @ 1080p/23.976)
- 12. DTS-HD MA 7.1 'Dredd' Audio Channel Check (in M2TS @ 1080p/23.976) (thanks looun)

First test:
*enabled in settings the DTS-HD passthrough
*disabled DTS-HD decoding

1. played those 3 sample files.. none played sound. The Receiver flashed the HDMI sign, that means usually it cannot handshake something. But videostream plays
2. Playing one of my DTS-HRA and also a DTS-HD mkv movie: The same hdmi blinking with picture but no sound.
3. playing simple DTS (-core) movie (not DTS-HD) does passthrough DTS correctly as it should. But this is not a DTS-HD audiostream, just the core.

Second test:
*disabled DTS-HD passthrough
*enabled DTS-HD decoding

1. playing those 3 sample files outputs always PCM 2.0
2. playing DTS-HRA movie outputs (flawlessly) PCM 2.0 to my receiver and plays it fine
3. playing simple DTS movie outputs also PCM 2.0

So the decoding works only from multichannel to 2.0 PCM unfortunately

also Strange behavior:

If passthrough is disabled for DTS but enabled for DTS-HD, then all those DTS-HD files play PCM 2.0 (though decoding DTS-HD is disabled) and also regular DTS files play PCM 2.0. So decoding is somehow turned on unintentionally.
If passthrough is enabled for DTS and for DTS-HD, then DTS is passedthrough correctly to DTS but DTS-HD does not handshake as described in observations at beginning of my post.

mattrix
ODROIDs: C1

Post by mattrix »

Hi all,

After updating, my CEC to Samsung Home Cinema has stopped working.
It was working in the "final fixer" build.

I see there was CEC changes in the bling update.

Am I right in thinking I need to turn off LibCEC in KODI to make it work again? (im not at home to try)

cert_

Post by cert_ »

menn0 wrote:Moroever.....
Who has Astra Ultra 4k test channel working with Tvheadend? :D
UHD1 h265 Astra test channel works for me with TVheadend but not perfect. Sometime the screen goes black for 1 second. I can't watch 720p channels without problems. After 30 - 60 mins the video is playing in slow motion at 50% speed with dropouts. Sound is always correct. 720p channels not working: "Das Erste HD", "ZDF", "Arte HD" on Astra 19.2.

MidnightWatcher

MidnightWatcher wrote:
wrxtasy wrote:@MidnightWatcher,
Those HD trailer clips play instantly for me. The Audio is AAC, so you need AC3 Transcode selected if feeding audio to an AVR.
I suspect its your Audio settings causing issues.
Hi wrxtasy, thank you for checking. Yes, I have AC3 Transcode selected and audio is fine. I'll try a few by themselves to see if they play from the very beginning. When part of a playlist, however, the first 7 seconds or so are often skipped/fast forwarded and the trailers begin to play at about the 7 or 8 second mark.
Update: I tried playing four trailers on their own but each still jumped ahead/fast forwarded at the start and began playing around the 7 second mark. I've tried this with AC3 transcode both on and off with the same results. I'm stumped.

FWIW the C2 is fed into a Pioneer VSX824 receiver and my display is an Epson 5030UB.

Arthritis
ODROIDs: C1, C2

Post by Arthritis »

Raybuntu wrote:+1 :lol:

@odroid @HK or whatever: can you provide a Hifi shield for wrxtasy as a testing sample? I don't like him being bothered by best_odroidfreak anymore. Have mercy ;)
+1
Show the man some love and appreciation for the extra value he brings to the business. I've been recommending this device to a lot of people and a huge part in that is because of the great work by wrxstasy.
MidnightWatcher wrote:Update: I tried playing four trailers on their own but each still jumped ahead/fast forwarded at the start and began playing around the 7 second mark. I've tried this with AC3 transcode both on and off with the same results. I'm stumped.

FWIW the C2 is fed into a Pioneer VSX824 receiver and my display is an Epson 5030UB.
Oh good it's not just me.

My audio is at default settings, going straight into the TV from HDMI (no passthrough) and the files are on a NAS coming in via NFS.

I've increased the cache to ~448mb and modified the remote control to use Prev as skipback.

Anything there you're also doing MidnightWatcher?

rokapet

Post by rokapet »

rokapet wrote:Hi Everyone!

Is there anyone here who uses a Logitech Harmony remote for LibreELEC on Odroid C2? If yes, could you please tell how the Odroid C2 device is configured in MyHarmony app? I have a Harmony 650, and so far I only found the "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" to be operational, but it is not perfect. Depending on LIRC configuration, either all keys are double pressed, or some keys are "delayed" (first press not detected, second press is detected as a double). MyHarmony knows Odroid C1+ as a device, but when configured for this, the C2 does not detect keypresses at all. It took several hours yesterday to troubleshoot, but could not figure it out. This could well be a LIRC problem as well, so I would like to be sure that at least the remote itself is configured properly.

Thank you, and also thank you for all people who contributed in creating Ordoids and LibreELEC!
Addition:
The remote works immediately after the installation of LibreELEC, keypresses are detected (though there is not even a lircd.conf file in the .config folder :? ), just some buttons, especially the OK and Back buttons, exhibit the "delay" explained in my first post above. When I tried to follow the guide from wrxtasy (http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 00#p108937), after pushing a number of buttons as requested by irrecord (dots appeared correctly, and irrecord stated that it has detected an RC-6 remote), the output was the below, and irrecord exited without creating a lircd.conf file, immediately after pressing the button.
Please press an arbitrary button repeatedly as fast as possible.
Make sure you keep pressing the SAME button and that you DON'T HOLD
the button down!.
If you can't see any dots appear, then wait a bit between button presses.

Press RETURN to continue.

No toggle bit mask found.
But I know for sure that RC6 has a toggle bit!
I was able to create a lircd.conf in raw mode, but with that, every button press acted twice, just as if they were double clicks.

Can someone point out on what I am doing wrong? The built-in IR receiver was one of the major points for me when purchasing the C2, and I do not want to attach an external USB receiver, as it was with the RPi!

agbart
ODROIDs: C2

Post by agbart »

rokapet wrote:Hi Everyone!

You need to set up your remote as a MCE remote. Set up a new device in MyHarmony, For manufacture use Microsoft and for model type MCE, it will tell you it's software only or something like that, just click add. You then use that as your C2 device when setting up your activity.
Then have a look herehttp://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 00#p141297

Hope that helps

rokapet

Post by rokapet »

@agbart

My remote is configured as Microsoft MCE-Keyboard, exactly as you say. The only thing missing is the copy from the post you linked:

ssh root@ip.address.of.C2
Password -->  le
cp /etc/lirc/lircd.conf.rpi /storage/.config/lircd.conf
reboot
Thank you for the hint, will try it tonight, when I get home from work. :)

milanp

Post by milanp »

Hello everybody.
I am really happy how Odroid C2 runs Libreelec. In day to day usage It's performance is close to the I5 htpc, much much faster than RPI3.
Since the last release GPIO Ir receiver should be supported.
But the link
http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id= ... o_based_ir
explains how to configure the GPIO Ir for ubuntu.
I have searched the eMMC, and have not found hardware.conf needed to enable the GPIO Ir.
Does anybody know how to configure Libreelec to use the GPIO Ir ?
Probably many users would like to put their Odroids, behind the TV, and leave just the IR receiver visible.

wrxtasy

Post by wrxtasy »

If you use Hardkernel IR remote controller, no modification is needed with the aforementioned default lircd.conf file for ODROID-C2.
The lirc.conf file is already running on LibreELEC on the C2. You can have a look at it by copying:

cp /etc/lirc/lircd.conf.amremote .config/lircd.conf
cat .config/lircd.conf
You may have to:

mkdir -p .config/modprobe.d
nano .config/modprobe.d/hardware.conf
Insert:

gpio_ir_recv
CTRL-O then CTRL-X
reboot
The meson-ir module may have to be blacklisted, but we will come to that bridge if needed.
Kodi Hardware Guru

milanp

Post by milanp »

@wrxtasy

I already have a working customized remote which works perfectly with the built in IR-Sensor.
According to the link, the built-in IR-Receiver uses "meson-ir" driver, and it is preloaded in your's fantastic Libreelec.
The hardware.conf file should allow to switch the ir-receiver, as per document

# REMOTE_MODULES="meson-ir"
REMOTE_MODULES="gpio_ir_recv"
We should comment the meson-ir, and enable the "gpio_ir_recv"
When I run ir-keytable the output is:
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event4) with:
Driver meson-ir, table rc-empty
Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 jvc sony nec sanyo mce-kbd rc-6
Enabled protocols: lirc rc-5 jvc sony nec sanyo mce-kbd rc-6
Name: meson-ir
bus: 25, vendor/product: 0000:0000, version: 0x0000
Repeat delay = 1000 ms, repeat period = 125 ms
Which means the meson-ir is active, and not gpio_ir_recv
The output should be:
Driver gpio-rc-recv, table rc-empty
Because lircd.conf if customized should be in /storage/.config
I created hardware.conf with the following:
# REMOTE_MODULES="meson-ir"
REMOTE_MODULES="gpio_ir_recv"
in the same folder, but the output from ir-keytable still states meson-ir.
So the question is, how to activate gpio-rc-recv driver in libreelec for lirc?
Or how to configure lirc, to use gpio-rc-recv ?

milanp

Post by milanp »

Adding
modprobe gpio-ir-recv
modprobe gpioplug-ir-recv gpio_nr=249 active_low=1
to
/storage/.config/autostart.sh
activates both receivers
the output from ir-keytable is:

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event4) with:
Driver meson-ir, table rc-empty
Name: meson-ir
bus: 25, vendor/product: 0000:0000, version: 0x0000
Repeat delay = 1000 ms, repeat period = 125 ms
Found /sys/class/rc/rc1/ (/dev/input/event7) with:
Driver gpio-rc-recv, table rc-empty
Name: gpio_ir_recv
bus: 25, vendor/product: 0001:0001, version: 0x0100
Repeat delay = 200 ms, repeat period = 125 ms
Which means that both the receivers are active.
Any ideas what should I do next to be sure that the gpio receiver is working ?

wrxtasy

Post by wrxtasy »

Get rid of autostart.sh
You will have to blacklist the meson-ir (C2 IR receiver):

nano .config/blacklist-meson-ir.conf
Insert:

blacklist meson-ir
Only, this text exactly (no REMOTE_MODULES=")

gpio_ir_recv
Should be in .config/modprobe.d/hardware.conf I believe.
Kodi Hardware Guru

odronew
languages_spoken: english, italian, greek
ODROIDs: C2, HC1

Post by odronew »

rokapet wrote:
rokapet wrote:
Can someone point out on what I am doing wrong? The built-in IR receiver was one of the major points for me when purchasing the C2, and I do not want to attach an external USB receiver, as it was with the RPi!
Did you stop lirc and deleted completed the lircd.conf file prior to "train" the remote?
While I was training mine (several times), once I did not deleted and it created a raw file.
In fact just follow the below

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid ... id=2292063

which is from @wrxtasy

It works also for C2.

rokapet

Post by rokapet »

@odronew
Did you stop lirc and deleted completed the lircd.conf file prior to "train" the remote?
While I was training mine (several times), once I did not deleted and it created a raw file.
In fact just follow the below

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid ... id=2292063
which is from @wrxtasy

It works also for C2.
Sure, I stopped lircd. When running irrecord, the lircd.conf file was not even existing in the .config folder, the whole LibreELEC system was untouched after burning from .img to microSD. I also added the "-a" parameter to irrecord, so that it creates a regular lircd.conf file, even if run in raw mode. It did succeed, and lircd.conf was created, just the remote was not working propely.

jurand

Post by jurand »

Something wrong has happened to the CEC after the latest DTS-HD patch: now it is impossilbe to switch to any other source on avr. librelec switches back immediately. Funny thing is, when I shut down LE (but still with power on) it still messes with CEC: TV cannot talk to AVR properly over CEC. After disconnecting power from odroid all work properly.

I have also another issue with CEC - when I press any button on the remote during Kodi initialization odroid refusues to react to any other messages over CEC or read it wrong (eg. I press 'right' on the remote, and GUI get it as 'down')

I have Onkyo tx-nr3010 AVR and Sony HX series TV. Never seen such CEC issues before this C2. I start to think that my c2 is faulty..

agbart

Post by agbart »

rokapet wrote:@agbart

My remote is configured as Microsoft MCE-Keyboard, exactly as you say. The only thing missing is the copy from the post you linked:

Password -->  le
reboot
Don't set your remote up as a MCE-keyboard, just add a new device and make it a Media Centre PC (Microsoft Windows Media Centre). MyHarmony will flag it as a software application and go on about needing a brand and model number but just ignore that. Then just use that as if it's the C2 when you create your activity in MyHarmony, run that bit of code above and you should be sweet. All that other stuff is not necessary.

Leaud
languages_spoken: French

Post by Leaud »

Hello, Is anyone here can help me? Just a few months I bought a C2. I have no eMMC card but a sd card 8G. I managed to install Ubuntu on this card with Win32DiskImager but I can not install libreElec. I attached a picture Desktop with error messages.
Excuse me for my bad English, I'm French.
Thank's
Attachments
IMG_20160526_133518.jpg
(101.1 KiB) Downloaded 2679 times

Raybuntu

Post by Raybuntu »

No support for cec issues without a proper debug log. Read a few pages back to find out how to get a log.

If the key is working but you expected a different keymapping you need to edit the remote.xml. start cec-client push your key and send me the output in addition to the debug log. Amlogic devices are never completly off. Tv thinks they are still active source. Let kodi send an inactice source on shutdown.

Arthritis
ODROIDs: C1, C2

Post by Arthritis »

Leaud wrote:Excuse me for my bad English, I'm French.
Thank's
That's ok, my French is worse ;)

If you've written the image correctly (the .img file in the archive not the archive or .tar) then try a different PSU, make sure it's 2.0Amps, and/or SD card as either could be causing the issue. Let us know if you're still having issues after trying that though it's probably better to start a new thread in the Issues sub-forum.

http://forum.odroid.com/viewforum.php?f=141

wrxtasy

Post by wrxtasy »

@Leaud,
I would also try the previous v7.0.0 .img as well just to eliminate the v7.0.1 .img that could be causing problems:
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Final.Bling.img

You can then update to v7.0.1 with the .tar file.
Kodi Hardware Guru

dunghnguyen

Post by dunghnguyen »

@wrxtasy: I'm on the LE 7.0.0, can I run updating directly / inside LE up to 7.0.1? like OTA update? Thanks for your making LE and support!

infinity85

Post by infinity85 »

dunghnguyen wrote:@wrxtasy: I'm on the LE 7.0.0, can I run updating directly / inside LE up to 7.0.1? like OTA update? Thanks for your making LE and support!
I'll jump in with my assumption/answer... I don't think so that OTA is working, because this wrxtasy build is not yet merged into the final official LibreELEC releasestream (should come with LE 8.0 somewhen). So you should install wrxtasys 7.0 build first and then as soon as wrxtasy comes around with his new builds (e.g. yesterdays the DTS-HD build) here in this thread you can place the downloaded *.tar file directly in the "/storage/update" folder (e.g. via smb share or WinSCP etc.)

After a reboot LibreELEC will see the whateverthefilenameoftheupdateis.tar and install it automatically and it will delete the file afterwards also.

jurand

Post by jurand »

Raybuntu wrote:No support for cec issues without a proper debug log. Read a few pages back to find out how to get a log.

If the key is working but you expected a different keymapping you need to edit the remote.xml. start cec-client push your key and send me the output in addition to the debug log. Amlogic devices are never completly off. Tv thinks they are still active source. Let kodi send an inactice source on shutdown.
I'll get the log, but first I'll make a fresh instalation. The messed buttons problem is not permanent. It shows only if I play with my remote during boot / kodi start stage. So it's not the configuration that couses it. I've just unplugged my C2 to write fresh image and I've noticed it is very hot.. Maybe that's the problem?

If it's only me having the CEC issues, then it has to be a hardware problem. :(

wrxtasy

Post by wrxtasy »

Turn off the new libCEC implementation and revert back to the AMLogic CEC method.
Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter...
Last edited by wrxtasy on Fri May 27, 2016 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kodi Hardware Guru

MidnightWatcher

Arthritis wrote:
Raybuntu wrote:
MidnightWatcher wrote:Update: I tried playing four trailers on their own but each still jumped ahead/fast forwarded at the start and began playing around the 7 second mark. I've tried this with AC3 transcode both on and off with the same results. I'm stumped.

Oh good it's not just me.

My audio is at default settings, going straight into the TV from HDMI (no passthrough) and the files are on a NAS coming in via NFS.

I've increased the cache to ~448mb and modified the remote control to use Prev as skipback.

Anything there you're also doing MidnightWatcher?
I've fiddled with the advancedsettings.xml cachemembuffersize (currently at 209715200) but it makes little difference for the trailers. All of my media is stored on a connected 5TB USB drive.

milanp

Post by milanp »

wrxtasy wrote:Get rid of autostart.sh
You will have to blacklist the meson-ir (C2 IR receiver):

nano .config/blacklist-meson-ir.conf
Insert:

blacklist meson-ir
Only, this text exactly (no REMOTE_MODULES=")

gpio_ir_recv
Should be in .config/modprobe.d/hardware.conf I believe.
It works.
However, I must use autostart.sh
The correct location for blacklist-meson-ir.conf is .config/modprobe.d/
I tried putting gpio-ir-recv in hardware.conf, with location for the hardware.conf:
1. .config/modprobe.d/ - this is where it should be
2. .config/
3. .config/modules-load.d
And it did not work.
Added the gpioplug-ir-recv gpio_nr=249 active_low=1 to hardware.conf,
and also tried all the locations above, it did not work.
Ended with autostart.sh with
modprobe gpio-ir-recv
modprobe gpioplug-ir-recv gpio_nr=249 active_low=1
and it works.
I did not have to do anything else, since I have previously had my custom lircd.conf and remote.xml files.
It is stange that autostart.sh works, and hardware.conf in modprobe.d and modules.load.d does not.
However, I am very happy. :D :D :D

jurand

Post by jurand »

wrxtasy wrote:Turn off the new libCEC implementation and revert back to the AMLogic CEC method.
Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter...
Ok, did fresh installation. Tried above - same behavior.

Here are my logs:
http://sprunge.us/FYNf

there are 3 attepts to switch to TV. last one starts about 790:
[ 790.444308] cectx c810023c.aocec: cec_ll_rx(): CEC: rx msg len: 4 dat: 0f 82 00 00

jurand

Post by jurand »

Ok, reproduced problem with CEC going deaf (pressing remote keys when kodi starts)
http://sprunge.us/JPgQ

effect: TV cannot see odroid, no reaction to key press in Kodi.

edit: but the auto switch back effect still there. After that, CEC works again...

Raybuntu

Post by Raybuntu »

jurand wrote:Ok, reproduced problem with CEC going deaf (pressing remote keys when kodi starts)
http://sprunge.us/JPgQ

effect: TV cannot see odroid, no reaction to key press in Kodi.

edit: but the auto switch back effect still there. After that, CEC works again...
Looks like you did find an interesting issue. Is this only happening if you push keys during startup?
And if you disable libcec you dont have that issue?

jurand

Post by jurand »

I've tried to go back to 7.0.0. No "auto switch back" problem there, so it's rather not a hardware problem, but sth. that was introduced in 7.0.1. The other problem with CEC going deaf / mad when pressing remote buttons during start - same in both versions. I think the most critical is not to touch remote keys when CEC initialization messages show up in kodi.

Raybuntu

Post by Raybuntu »

Looks like you're stressing the chip too much. Messages going in too fast. I'll try to think of something. You're also usung Sony TV and I can't test that one. Even HK is testing on Samsung. Thanks

Raybuntu

Post by Raybuntu »

jurand wrote:I've tried to go back to 7.0.0. No "auto switch back" problem there, so it's rather not a hardware problem, but sth. that was introduced in 7.0.1. The other problem with CEC going deaf / mad when pressing remote buttons during start - same in both versions. I think the most critical is not to touch remote keys when CEC initialization messages show up in kodi.
The first debug http://sprunge.us/FYNf what exactly are you doing to switch the source. Is kodi still runing? I guess I know what the problem is.
Do you know how to edit the boot.ini?
We need this: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 04#p119225
Can you change cecf to cec7

EDIT: Pushed a fix for the "auto switch back" bug into my git. The other issue is more tricky.

deren81

Post by deren81 »

Wrxtasy would you be adding iscsi support, have 3 ODROID's C2 which i would like to manage from my ISCSI server (updates and syncing storage) so could use SD card to store just uboot and boot off the server, i think there is kernel setup, but no iscsi soft on image.

rokapet

Post by rokapet »

agbart wrote:
rokapet wrote:@agbart

Password -->  le
reboot
Don't set your remote up as a MCE-keyboard, just add a new device and make it a Media Centre PC (Microsoft Windows Media Centre). MyHarmony will flag it as a software application and go on about needing a brand and model number but just ignore that. Then just use that as if it's the C2 when you create your activity in MyHarmony, run that bit of code above and you should be sweet. All that other stuff is not necessary.
Man, you rock! :D
Works like a charm! I owe you a beer. ;)

jurand

Post by jurand »

Raybuntu wrote:
jurand wrote:I've tried to go back to 7.0.0. No "auto switch back" problem there, so it's rather not a hardware problem, but sth. that was introduced in 7.0.1. The other problem with CEC going deaf / mad when pressing remote buttons during start - same in both versions. I think the most critical is not to touch remote keys when CEC initialization messages show up in kodi.
The first debug http://sprunge.us/FYNf what exactly are you doing to switch the source. Is kodi still runing? I guess I know what the problem is.
Do you know how to edit the boot.ini?
We need this: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 04#p119225
Can you change cecf to cec7

EDIT: Pushed a fix for the "auto switch back" bug into my git. The other issue is more tricky.
Regarding FYNf log - yes, Kodi was still running. I've selected TV internal tuner on TV. AVR for a second displayed that the TV is selected and then switched back to odroid. Now I noticed, that even turning AVR off is hard, because Odroid wakes it right away (but not always).

I've changed cecf to cec7. It helped!. But I had a CEC initialization failure message in Kodi once. Reboot fixed it.

Edit: I've tried to reproduce the "deaf CEC" problem with this change and I was unable to. Does not mean that it fixed it, but it is harder to get it for sure.
Anyway: I can watch TV now! Thanks!! (And the TV program quickly reminded me, why I'm switching to TV that rare :mrgreen: )

xblackdemonx

Post by xblackdemonx »

CEC seems better for me too.
Thanks!

blackride
languages_spoken: english & russian

Post by blackride »

I am update LE for 24 may build. But, did't work RTC Shield official module.
What is instruction?
Oroid C2/LibreELEC 9

Raybuntu

Post by Raybuntu »

Thank you @jurand for testing. @wrxtasy can you make a test build with my latest 2 commit's for them?:

https://github.com/Raybuntu/linux/commi ... fe04e7edc0
https://github.com/Raybuntu/linux/commi ... 6cb33e9060

Don't change the cecf into cec7 so we can see if the commit's fix the problem by themself.

@jurand: It should only fix the "auto switch back" problem. cec7 disables "auto TV turn on" and "active source" for the AML keyboard mode which is initialized before kodi starts and switches to libcec mode. In that case you can't stress the chip to the limit. But it's not a proper solution. But maybe the 2 commit's above can solve that problem too who knows. Please give me feedback once wrxtasy makes a test build so I can send a the fix to HK.

Thanks guys, your testing is very appreciated and useful!

wrxtasy

Post by wrxtasy »

@milanp, Nice work there, yes I made a bit of a typo with the location of the blacklist ;)

@blackride, Based on milanp's work I would try adding this to an autostart.sh file:

nano .config/autostart.sh
Add:

modprobe aml_i2c
hwclock -s
CTRL-X to exit
Then:

chmod +x .config/autostart.sh
reboot
If you type:

lsmod
You can see if the rtc_pcf8563 (RTC Shield) and aml_i2c modules are loaded after a reboot.
Instructions from here:
http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:pcf8563rtc

@deren81, If iscsi support means more than just adding modules in the Kernel config or simple instructions like the above then you will have to compile your own version of LE. I can easily add these to the Kernel config if that is all that is needed ?
https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/blo ... nfig#L1614

@Raybuntu, Ok will plug in the patches and do a test version.
On another CEC note. I've been compiling OE for the arm WeTek Core and C1 and the libCEC patches for OE 7.0 and master are Kaput and will not patch cleanly at all. I could not get your new CEC driver working on the C1. Can take this conversation to Slack.....
Kodi Hardware Guru

stefg
ODROIDs: C-2

Post by stefg »

I can't get any other resolution than 1280x720 with the 7.0.0 and 7.0.1 build.

---

Never mind. After reading up i understand, that this the GUI only and that the hardware does not support resolution switching within Kodi.
Last edited by stefg on Fri May 27, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ftdomen

Post by ftdomen »

wrxtasy wrote:@ftdomen, Strange, that clips plays fine on my OpenELEC C1+ but chokes on the C2. No idea why. Does it play using Android ?
I would actually alert HK to pass the H265 sample on to AMLogic themselves to look at if it fails in Android as well.
That video seems to be playing fine on Android, Kodi 17 (kodi-20160526-c34d9e8-master-armeabi-v7a.apk)

Android Logs

Return to “CoreELEC/LibreELEC - Kodi Project for C1/C2”