LibreELEC 7.0.2 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 - Archived - LE Tips HERE

redbird
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: U2, C2x5, XU4Qx2, N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LibreELEC 7.0.0 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1

Post by redbird » Sun May 22, 2016 9:41 am

Dave-Kay wrote:ok, now some troubling thoughts/discoveries about this Version :)
first of all, mysql is working now for me, but i dicovered it in a strange way.
to update and test the odroid i pulled it from Living room to my desk. I updated to latest version and mysql worked. After that i thought, ok, then back to the living room. I connected it there and...no mysql...weird
after changing IP-Adress, nothing, so i used another cable...and it worked. No, the cable was not broken, tvHeadend worked the whole time, whenever mysql did not work, vdr did, also streaming from the server worked, only mysql did not and more disturbingly mysql worked with my INTELNUC on the same cable...what the f...?

but now to the remaining problem, i have some self-ripped TV-Series from my DVDs like Boston Legal. it's avc1 and aac2.0
There is no sound from the receiver in that, by mistake, i shut down the receiver and used the tV-Remote, et voila there is sound on the tv. Switching on the receiver at this point, results in getting sound from the receiver, but with next episode it's gone again, while tv-Sound keeps working. i nearly tried every possible setting, but i'm not able getting sound from that files on my reciver. it's only possible by switching receiver off an on again, while the episode is running
that's really weird.

(sorry for my bad english)
I had a similar issue with mysql which I solved by going to System->LibrELEC->Network and turning on "Wait for network before starting Kodi".

MidnightWatcher
ODROIDs: Odroid C2

Post by MidnightWatcher » Sun May 22, 2016 10:50 am

Question - Is it possible to use an SSD for storage while using the eMMC for the OS?

quitroot

Post by quitroot » Sun May 22, 2016 7:50 pm

Is anyone managed to run Plexus add-ons & playing Acestream/sopcast broadcasts?.
thanks in advance.

IanPH
languages_spoken: english, dutch
ODROIDs: ODroid C1 , C2

Post by IanPH » Mon May 23, 2016 2:34 am

wrxtasy wrote:I will be brief:

- Not interested with problems with Kodi Addons or any other external Addon outside the LE system, go ask the Author of the addon. You may need to create a sybolic link for the Download cache on an external USB (see previous page). Really not interested.

- No support for the HiFi Shield. External HardKernel USB soundcard support was pulled out as well to get partial HD Audio working properly. I actually doubt it will go back in. I have not got the time to investigate and do not even have the Hardware. Suggestion use Headphone or Optical out from your TV.

- Sandisk or Samsung EVO+ Class 10 UHS-1 micro SDHC cards are the best. All LibreELEC freezing and GUI problems are usually associated with a micro SDHC storage card R/W incompatibilities

- No problems watching mpeg2/H264 576i/1080i 25fps broadcast TV. Even 29.97fps mpeg2 TV test clips were fine. Very likely a setup issue if users are having problems. You cannot watch 1080i TV, upscaled and displayed at 2160p.

- If connected to an AVR, all AAC audio has to be Transcoded to AC3 so select that option in Audio settings.

- RTC Shield has only just been added to the HK Kernel config itself. The RTC support module is missing currently in the LE Kernel. An update version will be out soon.

- I really don't care at all about languages or specific individual preferences for Addons. Compile your own LE if you need to.

- No idea about advancedsettings.xml combined with Resolution switching setups, you are on your own.
This looks like a good "Read this first:" with bold letters in the opening post as it actually is a summary of many things you said before throughout this thread which obviously no one reads.
ODroid C2 in the livingroom - LibreELEC 8.0.2 (LibreELEC official)
ODroid C1 in the bedroom - LibreELEC 8.0.0 (WRXTASY build)

xblackdemonx

Post by xblackdemonx » Mon May 23, 2016 5:04 am

I read the first post and I don't understand how to install the .tar file. Is it supposed to be the same way as the .img file?
Can I update without wiping everything?

wiseminosse
languages_spoken: english, italian
ODROIDs: ODROID-C2

Post by wiseminosse » Mon May 23, 2016 7:45 am

All the films I watch look "cheap" (the awful soap opera effect)
I suspect a motion interpolation in decoding, but I can't find any setting to disable it...

I have already activated/deactivated with no effect any available option:
- Adjust display refresh rate to match video
- Sync playback to display
- Enable HQ scalers for scaling above
- hw acceleration

The menu doesn't allow me to change the render, deinterlace and scaling method (but I don't know if it would help)

Any suggestions?

IanPH

Post by IanPH » Mon May 23, 2016 7:54 am

xblackdemonx wrote:I read the first post and I don't understand how to install the .tar file. Is it supposed to be the same way as the .img file?
When your C2 is running the latest *.img there should be a samba share called \\<IP-Address>\update

Drop the .tar in there and reboot the C2.
wiseminosse wrote:All the films I watch look "cheap" (the awful soap opera effect)
I suspect a motion interpolation in decoding, but I can't find any setting to disable it...

- hw acceleration

The menu doesn't allow me to change the render, deinterlace and scaling method (but I don't know if it would help)

Any suggestions?
Are you sure it's not your TV that has all kinds of active video enhancements?

cert_

Post by cert_ » Mon May 23, 2016 8:50 am

so is hyperion now working with 7.0.1 release? i installed the addon in the addon manager and copied my old rpi2 hyperion.config.json to configfiles folder but i can't see a hyperion process running on ssh console.

EDIT:
- ok, i can start hyperiond manually in the console. where is hyperion by default looking for hyperion.config.json?
- only the kodi GUI is working on my hyperion LEDs, not the movie :roll:

xblackdemonx

Post by xblackdemonx » Mon May 23, 2016 12:59 pm

IanPH wrote:
xblackdemonx wrote:I read the first post and I don't understand how to install the .tar file. Is it supposed to be the same way as the .img file?
When your C2 is running the latest *.img there should be a samba share called \\<IP-Address>\update

Drop the .tar in there and reboot the C2.
Thank you very much!

wrxtasy
ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2, N2

Post by wrxtasy » Mon May 23, 2016 2:02 pm

wiseminosse wrote:All the films I watch look "cheap" (the awful soap opera effect)

- hw acceleration

Any suggestions?
I actually call it "Hobbit Vision"

Yes turn off ALL video picture processing and motionflow / smoothing settings on your TV. The only one I would leave on is Movie or Cinema mode for 23.976fps video playback. Maybe very minor motion smoothing. Maybe.

There is no LE/Kodi setting that will fix your problem, its your TV. Some TV's are much worse than others and you cannot actually turn everything off.
Kodi Hardware Guru

morpheouss
ODROIDs: C2

Post by morpheouss » Mon May 23, 2016 9:59 pm

Could you prepare a build based on 3.14.29-58 with gpio-ir-recv module enabled (http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id= ... o_based_ir) ?

wrxtasy

Post by wrxtasy » Mon May 23, 2016 11:17 pm

Funny you should mention that as I questioned HK about giving more info to users and Devs. when they activate modules in the Kernel config.
https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/com ... t-17559906

Yes I can throw out a version along with the RTC Shield activated as well. :)
Kodi Hardware Guru

morpheouss

Post by morpheouss » Tue May 24, 2016 12:25 am

Yay! Would be great.
Looking forward for new build! Thank you!

arakmar
ODROIDs: ODROID C1+ / ODROID C2

Post by arakmar » Tue May 24, 2016 2:12 am

cert_ wrote:so is hyperion now working with 7.0.1 release? i installed the addon in the addon manager and copied my old rpi2 hyperion.config.json to configfiles folder but i can't see a hyperion process running on ssh console.

EDIT:
- ok, i can start hyperiond manually in the console. where is hyperion by default looking for hyperion.config.json?
- only the kodi GUI is working on my hyperion LEDs, not the movie :roll:
- It's here : /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.hyperion/hyperion.config.json
- Maybe a priority issue between the two framebuffers : http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 50#p141771

redbird
ODROIDs: U2, C2x5, XU4Qx2, N2

Post by redbird » Tue May 24, 2016 3:13 am

7.0.1 of LibeELEC is fantastic for ATSC TV via tvheadend (An older U2 is running tvheadend on sdcard ubuntu).

On my sdcard LibreELEC C2 when I press the "o" to get the debug info on the screen,
it shows "dc:am-mpeg2video" and maintains zero frame drops and zero frame skips. Consistently!
Channel switching is relatively fast. Seems to look best at 1080i. This is just awesome!

I wish I could say the same for the current android playstore version of Kodi on a self-installed V1.5 android emmc image.
With everything else the same (cables, network, server), I get occasional frame drops, skips, and buffering while watching live TV.

The wife will need some Android/Sling TV channels so cutting the cord will be a hard sell without:
- A patched android kodi (is this likely soon?), or
- A dual boot solution via the odroid IR remote (Seems possible but I haven't worked out the details yet.)

Any suggestions or information on how best to proceed would be appreciated.

Raybuntu
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: C1+, C2

Post by Raybuntu » Tue May 24, 2016 4:17 am

The new Wetek Hub's are capable of dual boot LE and Android. Don't know if that's possible on the C2. But it would be best to run Android Apps in linux:

http://www.shashlik.io/

llonca13

Post by llonca13 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:21 am

@redbird - try spmc..i only tested couple of 4k videos but i think is working ok for your needs..so try it

+1 for the dual boot..please if anyone knows a way to dualboot LE and Android please share a link ( or your knowledge ) :)

@wrxtasy and everybody else involved..just wanted to say : thank you very much guys for all the effort you put into this.odroid is flyin with this LE distro :D ..im still tryin hard to find a video that doesnt work perfectly with my C2 :)

wrxtasy

Post by wrxtasy » Tue May 24, 2016 4:29 am

@redbird,
For Android either use the primary Kodi Android developer Koying's fork of Kodi called SPMC:
http://spmc.semperpax.com/

(SPMC should really replace Kodi in Hardkernels Android image IMHO from now onwards)

or Wetek Fork called Wetek Media Player:
https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/r ... aPlayer-v2

Both will be better than regular Android Kodi.

You will need to increased your advancedsettings.xml buffers and PVR cache's for TV on Android. See the previous page for my setup.
Save into a plain text file, put on to a usb stick and use file manager to copy into the Profile Directory Folder in Kodi/SPMC then reboot.
Kodi Hardware Guru

MidnightWatcher

Post by MidnightWatcher » Tue May 24, 2016 5:24 am

llonca13 wrote:odroid is flyin with this LE distro :D ..im still tryin hard to find a video that doesnt work perfectly with my C2 :)
I'm enjoying wrxtasy's C2 build as well. As for videos that don't work perfectly, try the trailers from the link below and let me know how they do. They play but for some reason they skip/fast forward through the first 7 seconds instead of playing from the very beginning.

http://www.hd-trailers.net/

DravenHawk
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2

Post by DravenHawk » Tue May 24, 2016 10:01 am

I'm new to LibreELEC , and I would like to connect my Dual Shock 3 controller. I've updated to 7.0.1 which says "Auto Paring for PS3 BT Game Controller added + other DualShock BT patches". But I'm still unsure how to connect my controller.

mmesh
ODROIDs: c2

Post by mmesh » Tue May 24, 2016 6:15 pm

Hi all,

I recently bought WeTeK Core but I'm not satisfied running neither with Android nor with OpenELEC. It's buggy, slow to boot up, etc.

What I'm looking is a small box that will run Kodi with Emby add-on (Emby as media indexer), has audio pass-through for audio HD codecs, has a HDMI-CEC (so I can use TV remote), boots up fast (less than 15 sec) and plays most of the x264 and x265 material out there.
And according to my research so far I think that only Odroid-C2 covers all the bases when eMMC is used.

Can someone verify that this is actually the case so that I don't rush into buying something that is not working as expected (again)?

wrxtasy

Post by wrxtasy » Tue May 24, 2016 7:00 pm

@Antihero,
The Bitbang SPI modules are activated in this release if you would like to test pls.

@morpheouss,
The GPIO IR-Receiver should now work as well.

@arakmar,
CH341 Kernel module is in here as well.

@blackride,
HK's RTC Shield is also in this Kernel update as well :)

@MidnightWatcher,
Those HD trailer clips play instantly for me. The Audio is AAC, so you need AC3 Transcode selected if feeding audio to an AVR.
I suspect its your Audio settings causing issues.

@DravenHawk,
Unable to help as I've lost my BT usb dongle and my PS3 controllers both have Kaput batteries. :(

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.1.Kernel.modules.tar
Last edited by wrxtasy on Tue May 24, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kodi Hardware Guru

wrxtasy

Post by wrxtasy » Tue May 24, 2016 7:15 pm

mmesh wrote:Hi all,

I recently bought WeTeK Core but I'm not satisfied running neither with Android nor with OpenELEC. It's buggy, slow to boot up, etc.

What I'm looking is a small box that will run Kodi with Emby add-on (Emby as media indexer), has audio pass-through for audio HD codecs, has a HDMI-CEC (so I can use TV remote), boots up fast (less than 15 sec) and plays most of the x264 and x265 material out there.
And according to my research so far I think that only Odroid-C2 covers all the bases when eMMC is used.

Can someone verify that this is actually the case so that I don't rush into buying something that is not working as expected (again)?
Funny you should mention the Core because I also do OpenELEC distro's for WeTek. A bunch of the bug fixes you see that have gone into this platform will also be going into OE (and hopefully WeTek Media player) shortly. I just have not had the time.

The advantage with an AML S905 vs the Core is obviously 1080/2160p 10bit HEVC decoding vs 8bit. Networking speeds are noticably quicker on the S905 as well.
The C2 does do partial HD Audio passthrough. It currently does not do 7.1 DTS-HD MA/HRA passthrough but you do get the 5.1 DTS Core. See the link on page #1 for a full rundown.

Yes the eMMC does make a difference, bootup is 9 seconds. The C2 is a fast platform with eMMC. Combine this with the excellent network speeds and you end up with a quick server.
A fast micro SDHC like a Class 10 UHS-1 Sandisk or Samsung EVO+ is not much slower either. Those two SDHC's would make a difference in the Core as well.
Tho why you would buy a platform based on boot time puzzles me ?
These AML SoC's are designed to be on 24/7, they consume bugger all power and all come with heatsinks. Very reliable.

Not familiar with Emby, but if it runs on Kodi Jarvis then I would think its not an issue.

The C2 is Officially supported by the LibreELEC guys, I'm doing a lot of the HK / AML / Kodi bug busting that should also benefit other AML platforms eventually ;)
Kodi Hardware Guru

odronew
languages_spoken: english, italian, greek
ODROIDs: C2, HC1

Post by odronew » Tue May 24, 2016 7:33 pm

I can verify also that C2 with LibreElec+Jarvis fulfills all of your requirements. I even recently managed to recycle a Skystar IR remote controller, programming C2 as per instructions and use it. It works perfectly!

EVO+ cards are very fast (much faster to the equivalent Kingston's), boot is around 15-20sec.
C2 can play "difficult" content (HEVC, 4k, "heavy 1080") which my previous HTPC was not able and it consumes very little power.

I believe that I have found also a heavily non conventional way to cool it (as it reaches easily ~74-75°C, I will keep you informed on that!

mmesh

Post by mmesh » Tue May 24, 2016 7:54 pm

odronew wrote:

I can verify also that C2 with LibreElec+Jarvis fulfills all of your requirements. I even recently managed to recycle a Skystar IR remote controller, programming C2 as per instructions and use it. It works perfectly!

EVO+ cards are very fast (much faster to the equivalent Kingston's), boot is around 15-20sec.
C2 can play "difficult" content (HEVC, 4k, "heavy 1080") which my previous HTPC was not able and it consumes very little power.

I believe that I have found also a heavily non conventional way to cool it (as it reaches easily ~74-75°C, I will keep you informed on that!
This is great news indeed! :)
Have you maybe used Emby add-on on it? I think there should be no problem since add'on for Kodi 16.1 is fully functional for my requirements.

mmesh

Post by mmesh » Tue May 24, 2016 7:57 pm

wrxtasy wrote:

Funny you should mention the Core because I also do OpenELEC distro's for WeTek. A bunch of the bug fixes you see that have gone into this platform will also be going into OE (and hopefully WeTek Media player) shortly. I just have not had the time.

The advantage with an AML S905 vs the Core is obviously 1080/2160p 10bit HEVC decoding vs 8bit. Networking speeds are noticably quicker on the S905 as well.
The C2 does do partial HD Audio passthrough. It currently does not do 7.1 DTS-HD MA/HRA passthrough but you do get the 5.1 DTS Core. See the link on page #1 for a full rundown.

Yes the eMMC does make a difference, bootup is 9 seconds. The C2 is a fast platform with eMMC. Combine this with the excellent network speeds and you end up with a quick server.
A fast micro SDHC like a Class 10 UHS-1 Sandisk or Samsung EVO+ is not much slower either. Those two SDHC's would make a difference in the Core as well.
Tho why you would buy a platform based on boot time puzzles me ?
These AML SoC's are designed to be on 24/7, they consume bugger all power and all come with heatsinks. Very reliable.

Not familiar with Emby, but if it runs on Kodi Jarvis then I would think its not an issue.

The C2 is Officially supported by the LibreELEC guys, I'm doing a lot of the HK / AML / Kodi bug busting that should also benefit other AML platforms eventually ;)
Thanks for all the info. You are right I should not judge on the boot-up speeds but since now I have so much problems running Core + Emby I have to do a lot of rebooting and it drives me crazy.
Hopefuly it won't be the case with Odroid and I'm glad that network is better on C2.

Thanks for all great work you do on these machines!

xblackdemonx

Post by xblackdemonx » Tue May 24, 2016 8:19 pm

DravenHawk wrote:I'm new to LibreELEC , and I would like to connect my Dual Shock 3 controller. I've updated to 7.0.1 which says "Auto Paring for PS3 BT Game Controller added + other DualShock BT patches". But I'm still unsure how to connect my controller.
My guess would be to first plug in a USB Bluetooth dongle, then plug your controller in a USB port and press on the PS button to sync it. After that unlpug it and it should pair via bluetooth.

odronew

Post by odronew » Tue May 24, 2016 8:29 pm

mmesh wrote:
odronew wrote:

This is great news indeed! :)
Have you maybe used Emby add-on on it? I think there should be no problem since add'on for Kodi 16.1 is fully functional for my requirements.
I have not used this add-on. I may give a try and let you know if so.

nimporte42
languages_spoken: english, french

Post by nimporte42 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:33 pm

@wrxtasy : Thanks a lot for your compilation of LibreElec for the C2 :D !!! I'm kind of new in the geek world so I don't even know how to compile from source. Thank you !!! Works very fine on C2, Raspberry 3 now just makes me laugh :lol:
And thanks to all of those who support Odroid OS :mrgreen:

mmesh

Post by mmesh » Tue May 24, 2016 8:58 pm

odronew wrote:
mmesh wrote: Have you maybe used Emby add-on on it? I think there should be no problem since add'on for Kodi 16.1 is fully functional for my requirements.
I have not used this add-on. I may give a try and let you know if so.
I use Emby server as indexer for my media. It has great transcoding capabilities and good web and mobile client and even TV transcoding for when I'm away from home and want to watch some live TV :)
It also syncs media files watched flags with Trakt so that watched status is synced across all media players that support Trakt (Kodi with local DB and without Emby add-on also if Trakt add-on is used - for my tablet when on road).

odronew

Post by odronew » Tue May 24, 2016 9:12 pm

I will give a try since the indexing of media which Kodi does, it is not very good

best_odroidfreak

Post by best_odroidfreak » Wed May 25, 2016 12:17 am

wrxtasy wrote:Hi everyone.
I've switched camps this time along with the majority of the OpenELEC team to the fork of Freedom distro - LibreELEC
Thanks goes to lrusak, chewitt, gdachs, Raybuntu, cvh, surkovalex, codesnake, owersun, Kerber, Sam Fischer, Noggin and of course all the Kodi developers.

*************************************************************************************************************************
LibreELEC Install Instructions Click Here

LibreELEC SSH password changed to "le" as I'm sick of typing the whole word !!

TIP: Need to wait for a slow Network or UPnP negotiation, then set this:
Kodi > System > LibreELEC Settings > Network > Wait for network before starting Kodi > Enable

Current detailed Audio support list for the C2 listed over HERE on the Kodi forums.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LibreELEC Wiki<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

LibreELEC 7.0.1 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 NEW:24.May.2016
- NVIDIA Moonlight Game Streaming Addon, see HERE for details.
- Auto Paring for PS3 BT Game Controller added + other DualShock BT patches
- Sundtek-mediatv - wait for network fix. LE workaround no longer needed.
- Transmission and rTorrent addons are finally fixed for LE on the C2 and work properly
- Bitbang-SPI, CH341, GPIO IR-Receiver and RTC Shield Kernel modules added in the updated Kernel.
- And finally I did some involved Video Axis arithmetic and fixed the Kodi AML 720/1080p<<--->>2160p Auto Resolution switch, video display sizing problem.
*** Note you cannot view 1080i Interlaced TV without glitches when upscaled into a 2160p mode. There is no 2160i display mode.
>>> Suggestion is to leave the Kodi GUI in a 1080p mode if viewing 1080i broadcast TV and just let Kodi Autoswitch resolutions when it needs to for true 2160p video output.

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.1-Kodi-Jarvis-16.1.img
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.1-Kodi-Jarvis-16.1.tar

--------------------
TvHeadend Server Updates: (Install from Zip)
V4.2:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/276 ... .0.102.zip
And v4.09:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/276 ... .0.101.zip

LE Archived Releases
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Final.DVD.CEC.Remote.tar
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Final.The.Fixer.tar

W. :)
Is Odroid C2 HiFi Shield supported currently on LibreELEC 7.0.1 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1?

IanPH

Post by IanPH » Wed May 25, 2016 12:54 am

@best_odroidfreak:
For starters, please don't quote full messages or opening posts like that!

And you're questions has been answered in this thread several times. It wouldn't hurt to read or search through this thread.

MidnightWatcher

Post by MidnightWatcher » Wed May 25, 2016 2:03 am

wrxtasy wrote:@MidnightWatcher,
Those HD trailer clips play instantly for me. The Audio is AAC, so you need AC3 Transcode selected if feeding audio to an AVR.
I suspect its your Audio settings causing issues.
Hi wrxtasy, thank you for checking. Yes, I have AC3 Transcode selected and audio is fine. I'll try a few by themselves to see if they play from the very beginning. When part of a playlist, however, the first 7 seconds or so are often skipped/fast forwarded and the trailers begin to play at about the 7 or 8 second mark.
Last edited by MidnightWatcher on Wed May 25, 2016 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

best_odroidfreak

Post by best_odroidfreak » Wed May 25, 2016 3:15 am

IanPH wrote:@best_odroidfreak:
For starters, please don't quote full messages or opening posts like that!

And you're questions has been answered in this thread several times. It wouldn't hurt to read or search through this thread.
I am sorry, no support for the HiFi Shield in previous image but I haven't yet answer if new image 7.0.1 has it?
"LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.1-Kodi-Jarvis-16.1.img"

DravenHawk
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2

Post by DravenHawk » Wed May 25, 2016 3:39 am

xblackdemonx wrote:
DravenHawk wrote:I'm new to LibreELEC , and I would like to connect my Dual Shock 3 controller. I've updated to 7.0.1 which says "Auto Paring for PS3 BT Game Controller added + other DualShock BT patches". But I'm still unsure how to connect my controller.
My guess would be to first plug in a USB Bluetooth dongle, then plug your controller in a USB port and press on the PS button to sync it. After that unlpug it and it should pair via bluetooth.
Thanks for the quick response, But I've tried that and it just freezes the entire system. I'm going to try and pair the dongle and the controller through Windows and see if that helps anything.

IanPH

Post by IanPH » Wed May 25, 2016 4:21 am

best_odroidfreak wrote:I am sorry, no support for the HiFi Shield in previous image but I haven't yet answer if new image 7.0.1 has it?
The answer AND reason are mention in this post: Re: LibreELEC 7.0.0 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1

And the changelist of the last image does not mention it to be enable. And "I actually doubt it will go back in." probably says enough. IF it will be back, I'm sure he WILL mention it as many asked about this before you.

mlask
languages_spoken: english, polish
ODROIDs: C1+, C2, HC1

Post by mlask » Wed May 25, 2016 5:22 am

Why there's no updated kernel? Wifi based on 8192cu is working like a crap here BUT on official Hardkernel's kernel (and distros based on it) it's working perfectly well.
Fix it, please. Hardkernel's updated kernel with working Wifi is more than month old so... why?
That's the only thing that keeps me away from your LibreELEC version. And I'm waiting for it, cause my boblight/hyperion construct is waiting... ;)
Last edited by mlask on Wed May 25, 2016 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

best_odroidfreak

Post by best_odroidfreak » Wed May 25, 2016 5:30 am

IanPH wrote:
best_odroidfreak wrote:I am sorry, no support for the HiFi Shield in previous image but I haven't yet answer if new image 7.0.1 has it?
The answer AND reason are mention in this post: Re: LibreELEC 7.0.0 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1

And the changelist of the last image does not mention it to be enable. And "I actually doubt it will go back in." probably says enough. IF it will be back, I'm sure he WILL mention it as many asked about this before you.
It is pity no sound quality output for KODI as provided by author.

IanPH

Post by IanPH » Wed May 25, 2016 5:40 am

best_odroidfreak wrote:
IanPH wrote:

It is pity no sound quality output for KODI as provided by author.
Would you care to explain?

My ODroid C2 sends all digital formats (except for AAC and DTS-HD) directly without loss of data and fidelity over HDMI to my digital receiver where it's converted to analog at the very last stage. How is that "no quality sound" compared to analog stereo audio (or SPDIF if you have the HiFi Shield Plus)?

noggin
languages_spoken: English, Swedish, French, German
ODROIDs: C1, U2

Post by noggin » Wed May 25, 2016 5:59 am

wrxtasy wrote: The C2 does do partial HD Audio passthrough. It currently does not do 7.1 DTS-HD MA/HRA passthrough but you do get the 5.1 DTS Core. See the link on page #1 for a full rundown.
It's not just 7.1 DTS-HD MA/HRA that won't passthrough, 5.1 DTS-HD MA/HRA (which is very common too - particularly for TV series) also won't passthrough and instead you are left with just the 5.1 DTS lossy (and lower quality than the lossy HRA if you have HRA stuff) core.

The 7.1 is a bit of a red herring - though if you have a 7.1 DTS-HD track the DTS core is likely to be 5.1 only.

Dave-Kay

Post by Dave-Kay » Wed May 25, 2016 6:00 am

IanPH wrote:
Would you care to explain?

My ODroid C2 sends all digital formats (except for AAC and DTS-HD) directly without loss of data and fidelity over HDMI to my digital receiver where it's converted to analog at the very last stage. How is that "no quality sound" compared to analog stereo audio (or SPDIF if you have the HiFi Shield Plus)?
Well, every converted Audiostream depends on the quality of the DAC and the quality of the used BurrBrown-DAC on HiFi-Shield is excellent.
There are few ways that i can think of, why it would be nice to have hifiShield-Support.

- you have a cheap AV-receiver, so there is possibly a crappy DAC used
- you use odroid with a 2.0 TV/Sound-Setup
- you would like to listen to Music from Odroid through a way better Analog-Amplifier and Speakers, while using a random AV-Receiver and Sattelite-Speaker-Crap for Movies.

and so on :)

IanPH

Post by IanPH » Wed May 25, 2016 6:07 am

@Dave-Kay:
Thanks for that interesting explaination. Although I'm still not convinced that not supporting the HiFi Shield equals "no quality sound".

Dave-Kay

Post by Dave-Kay » Wed May 25, 2016 6:11 am

well it does, if you have one of the usecases above :)

best_odroidfreak

Post by best_odroidfreak » Wed May 25, 2016 6:27 am

IanPH wrote:@Dave-Kay:
Thanks for that interesting explaination. Although I'm still not convinced that not supporting the HiFi Shield equals "no quality sound".
I completely agree with the previous post and it's even worse that many owners of analog Hi-End amplifiers lose possibility to hear sound on their devices.
- you have a cheap AV-receiver, so there is possibly a crappy DAC used
- you use odroid with a 2.0 TV/Sound-Setup
- you would like to listen to Music from Odroid through a way better Analog-Amplifier and Speakers, while using a random AV-Receiver and Sattelite-Speaker-Crap for Movies.

fatalsaint
ODROIDs: C1, C2, XU4

Post by fatalsaint » Wed May 25, 2016 6:40 am

mmesh wrote: This is great news indeed! :)
I use Emby with the Kodi Add-On on my C2. It works fine.

The only thing on your list that it doesn't do fully is the HD Audio Passthrough as mentioned by wrxtasy. DTS & Core does, DTS-HD/TrueHD/etc doesn't.

There are other audio codecs that it doesn't passthrough as well, so the AC3 audio transcode must be set (as mentioned on the first page, I think).

That said, this works pretty flawless for me as a HTPC with 5.1 surround using Emby Server as a backend.

fatalsaint
ODROIDs: C1, C2, XU4

Post by fatalsaint » Wed May 25, 2016 6:47 am

wrxtasy wrote: The C2 is Officially supported by the LibreELEC guys, I'm doing a lot of the HK / AML / Kodi bug busting that should also benefit other AML platforms eventually ;)
Just curious, not complaining, but if LibreELEC is considering the C2 "officially supported", why doesn't the downloads show on their Download page?
https://libreelec.tv/download-temp/

Or is it there and I'm just blind/an idiot?

mmesh

Post by mmesh » Wed May 25, 2016 7:20 am

fatalsaint wrote:
mmesh wrote: This is great news indeed! :)
I use Emby with the Kodi Add-On on my C2. It works fine.
Great to get a confirmation on Emby part.
fatalsaint wrote: The only thing on your list that it doesn't do fully is the HD Audio Passthrough as mentioned by wrxtasy. DTS & Core does, DTS-HD/TrueHD/etc doesn't.

There are other audio codecs that it doesn't passthrough as well, so the AC3 audio transcode must be set (as mentioned on the first page, I think).

That said, this works pretty flawless for me as a HTPC with 5.1 surround using Emby Server as a backend.
Do you or wrxtasy maybe know what are the chances that DTS-HD/TrueHD passthrough will be working in the future?
It would be good to also be covered on that base but I can live without it, np.

I'm just asking since I have already ordered Odroid C2 :)

menn0

Post by menn0 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:22 am

Ok I bought this, and so far so good except for three major points:

1 - During playback the center button of a remote doesnt work, nor via HDMI-CEC, nor via Yatse remote. It is the same button you use in menus to confirm an option. During videoplayback it would show you the buttons for play/stop/subtitle/sound /-video settings etc.

2. - During Live TV i cannot enable/disable deinterlacing. I assume its always on, but I want to be able to switch it to see differences and I want to know what kind of deinterlacing is used, software .. hardware and what form?

3 - I looked most forward to Astra Ultra 4k Demo.... the 10-bit h265 satellite test channel... but it keeps buffering nothing happens. Using it with TVHclient, and TVHedend 4.09 server backend.

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed May 25, 2016 12:15 pm

fatalsaint wrote: Just curious, not complaining, but if LibreELEC is considering the C2 "officially supported", why doesn't the downloads show on their Download page?
https://libreelec.tv/download-temp/

Or is it there and I'm just blind/an idiot?
Have a look here https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC. ... r/projects It will be officially supported, when ready.
Last edited by Dez on Wed May 25, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “CoreELEC/LibreELEC - Kodi Project for C1/C2”