LibreELEC 7.0.2 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 - Archived - LE Tips HERE

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid, Raybuntu, wrxtasy

Re: LibreELEC 7.0.0 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1

Unread postby morpheouss » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:22 am

morpheouss wrote:How to enable it w/o mouse? :)
I will alrady say, that I dont have a keyboard - I work on notebook, so I dont need an external keyboard :P

What is the reson of having mouse support disabled by default?
It does not break anything and the cursor does not show up if mouse is not plugged in.
Actually, due to this I cannot do anything :( at least until someone will tell me how to enable mouse support?
morpheouss

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby archa » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:34 am

Hi and thx for your work!
With this FW I have an issue with CEC too. My Sony TV doesn't see the ODROID...
archa

Unread postby toyanucci » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:07 am

Moved the C2 back to the living room after doing latest update. Ethernet port has gone dormant again, no lights no nothing. My CEC works on both my tv's though. An LG and a Vizio.

2160p gui appears to work ok but cec on the video experiences a slight delay when in this mode. The whole things froze twice btw, once when scrolling really fast via cec and another time when going back to the gui after playing 1080p content.
toyanucci

ODROIDs: Odroid-c2

Unread postby Dez » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:19 am

morpheouss wrote:Actually, due to this I cannot do anything :( at least until someone will tell me how to enable mouse support?

I had the same 'problem" at first and didn't think to check it was enabled.

If you have some other input device connected, go into "System" - "System" - "Input Devices" and enable "Enable mouse and touchscreen support"
Dez

Unread postby toyanucci » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:08 am

Wow, fresh install and no ethernet. Tried 3 times. I had deleted all the old img and tar files too...good thing I didn't clear my browsing history as I have found a link to the original img there. Gonna flash it and see if ethernet comes back, then apply the new tar.

*update* Ethernet is back to working as I said.
toyanucci

ODROIDs: Odroid-c2

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Cheers for all the feedback, especially Noggins detailed stuff. ;)

At the moment I have AMLogic HDMI CEC enabled in the boot.ini file as well, this may be causing conflicts.
Code: Select all
setenv hdmi_cec "1"

I suspect this does not actually need to be enabled if you are using Pulse8 libCEC in Kodi. As a test if you disable libCEC in Kodi you fallback to the AML implementation. Those having HDMI CEC issues should disable CEC in the boot.ini file and then report back.
LibCEC is found in:
Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals >

Still tracking down this annoying Ethernet issue, seems some HK - Kernel update is causing issues as the underlying Linux OS has had very few changes since the initial .img release went out. I only see it when using SD cards. I will put the original one back up for those having problems.

I will also pull out the patch that disables the mouse by default, its a hangover patch from the WeTek Core as the mouse caused all sorts of GUI navigational issues when left on by default.

Another .tar update will be incoming this time using Owersuns Audio implementation.
For those with Ethernet issues, Backup your LibreELEC settings and pull the .tar file from the backup folder and save on a Mac/PC before updating.
I am considering rolling back the Kernel to the original version as well.
LibreELEC Krypton C1(+) HERE
LibreELEC Krypton C2 HERE
wrxtasy

ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2

Unread postby hcbraun » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Thanks for all the work!
I got a problem with audio stuttering during video playback with subtitles enabled. On each subtitle show the audio goes away / stutters. Audio in the same videos work fine with the subtitles disabled
hcbraun

Unread postby morpheouss » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Dez wrote:
morpheouss wrote:Actually, due to this I cannot do anything :( at least until someone will tell me how to enable mouse support?

I had the same 'problem" at first and didn't think to check it was enabled.

If you have some other input device connected, go into "System" - "System" - "Input Devices" and enable "Enable mouse and touchscreen support"

Yes, I have connected ..... a mouse.... which is not working.
How can I enable it, wrxtasy?
morpheouss

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:33 pm

Creating audio stream (codec id: 86019, channels: 2, sample rate: 48000, pass-through)

Been Cherry picking in Owersun's and Koying's SPMC Orchard today have AC3 Audio passthrough working and some improvements as well for DVD playback with an updated LibreELEC version from HERE
I have not tested DTS Audio passthrough yet.

Not sure but I believe I have Yadif Software deinterlacing working, onscreen text still appears a bit blocky but I no longer need to Disable de-interlacing for 25fps movie DVD Rips. :)

BTW Mouse Input has been re-instated for this update.
wrxtasy

Unread postby fatalsaint » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:55 am

DTS and DTS-HD have seen no change for me. Still stereo, does not appear to attempt to passthrough.

AC-3 passthrough is working, that's awesome.

FLAC also doesn't appear to work right, it comes out stereo believe.

Still having artifacts in some movies.

Will report back if the Ethernet dies again. I think I'm going to find a wifi dongle just in case, having to take my C2 apart to reflash the eMMC is annoying lol.

Sidenote/unrelated to LibreELEC: If I have a bootable eMMC and bootable SD card in the C2, anyone know the boot.ini entries I need to make to reboot the box using the SD card instead of the eMMC so I can flash on the box as needed without ever touching it?
Last edited by fatalsaint on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fatalsaint

ODROIDs: C1, C2, XU4

Unread postby morpheouss » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:40 am

I bought cheap PS2 keyboard and PS/2-USB adapter.
Everything works fine, but Hotbird UHD is still laggy.
What is more I have not managed to get any remote control working. All keys worked like KEY_LEFT under Kodi.
morpheouss

Unread postby mentin » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:48 am

Alien0 wrote:
mentin wrote:Got same CEC Problems after upgrade like the other guy.

My LG dont see any CEC Connection. With the first image it works. But slowly ;)

And got Access denied when i try to connect via SSH

Password is the same like first Version???

password is le now [read first page]
To get cec to work press tools on tv remote and choose from device list

Have done this many times activated and disabled in LE. Turn TV on / off nothing happens, enable/diable CEC on my LG....

Yesterday night it works (dont know why nothing ist changed) but after restart it dont works again.

What is changed in last Version on CEC?

Another question: Where can I find the boot.ini ???
mentin

languages_spoken: english, german

Unread postby ecab21 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:15 am

wrxtasy wrote:
Creating audio stream (codec id: 86019, channels: 2, sample rate: 48000, pass-through)

Been Cherry picking in Owersun's and Koying's SPMC Orchard today have AC3 Audio passthrough working and some improvements as well for DVD playback with an updated LibreELEC version from HERE
I have not tested DTS Audio passthrough yet.

Not sure but I believe I have Yadif Software deinterlacing working, onscreen text still appears a bit blocky but I no longer need to Disable de-interlacing for 25fps movie DVD Rips. :)

BTW Mouse Input has been re-instated for this update.

Thanks for your work.

Passthrough now works, but still have a few problems. Every 7-8 seconds the audio dropout for 0,5 second. The audio apears to be at lest 0,3 seconds foward than the video. This problem was happening in the first version of the android.

The black screens when skip from time to time is a little disturbing.

HDMI CEC is a disaster my LG TV remote does'nt work. I paired my BD remote control from my PS3 so that I can navigate on Kodi.

With any luck you and the others you find out what is the problem on passthrough.
ecab21

languages_spoken: english, portuguese
ODROIDs: Odroid C2

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:01 pm

What was written over in the C1+ sub-forum...
dantefff wrote:CEC is not working because of proprietary modifications that LG has made to standard CEC protocol.

No idea if LG compatibility or workarounds has been incorporated into the modded libCEC from gdachs, this brand of TV has never played nice with AML devices.

For those having issues Disable libCEC in Kodi like I have mentioned previously and see of there are any improvements:
(it will fallback to the AML Kernel CEC implementation)

Kodi > Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals >LibCEC

AC3 Audio Passthrough looks like its working well for me, DTS Passthrough has audio dropout problems.
wrxtasy

Unread postby Raybuntu » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:54 pm

Would be nice to see some logs from those having issues with CEC.

dmesg|grep -i cec

I only have samsung TV's so I can't test LG. The kernel driver is working with raw tx/rx.
I also built in a check if CEC is supported by the Monitor/TV, maybe this is causing problems.
And remember to always scan for new CEC devices on your TV.

I don't know about slow responding. Could also be the Kodi GUI hanging a little bit. Remember that cec is not a highspeed protocol.
I haven't seen any delay yet, what I did see is if I start Kodi I have to manually connect my TV with cec. Sometimes I have to rescan for new devices through the anynet+ menu on my samsung. Or to fix it I can turn of my tv and turn it back on then it magically connects itself.
BTC: 12zLUYC7JzwM7a8cQKekAvZr9kWxjzTfxm
Raybuntu

ODROIDs: C1+, C2

Unread postby surelynot » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Thanks WRXTASY for providing this, amazing! Got a C2 to use as a PVR backend, this is my first time setting up a TVHeadend server.

I've installed TVHeadend from the zip location on the first page, setup a user with username 'root' and password 'le' to match the default.

TVHeadend starts but doesn't show up any TV devices via the web interface.

I was guessing it's starting before the DVB-T device so I changed the settings to 'wait for frontend initialization' (1 device), but now TVHeadend doesn't start at all on reboot. If I ssh in after a long wait and start it from the command line, it still doesn't show any devices.

I have a AVerTV Volar Green HD A835B (3835) which I thought should work straight out of the box with LibreELEC (it's plugged directly into the C2, no other USB devices).

Running
dmesg | pastebinit
gives me http://sprunge.us/EPjD

Running
lsusb -v | pastebinit
gives me http://sprunge.us/TgSA

Any help would be appreciated. By the way, CEC with my Samsung remotes works flawlessly in Kodi out of the box.
surelynot

Unread postby Raybuntu » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:35 pm

OK I found a solution for the "slow response". You can adjust the "double_tap_timeout_ms" in peripherals.xml[0]. Also it's probably a good idea to set the amlogic_cec_debug_flag to zero because otherwise it's spamming the kern.log and it can happen that the write operation is delayed because of a slow speed SD card or in a SYNC which can block everything.

[0] http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-pi/77439-rpi-2-hdmi-cec-slow-remote-change-delay-ms
Raybuntu

Unread postby morpheouss » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:51 pm

@wrxtasy: Could you enable mouse by default in next builds, please?
morpheouss

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:58 pm

The mouse should have been already re-enabled with the latest update.
If not attach a USB Keyboard and go into Kodi Settings and enable it.
wrxtasy

Unread postby noggin » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:38 pm

surelynot wrote:Thanks WRXTASY for providing this, amazing! Got a C2 to use as a PVR backend, this is my first time setting up a TVHeadend server.

I've installed TVHeadend from the zip location on the first page, setup a user with username 'root' and password 'le' to match the default.

TVHeadend starts but doesn't show up any TV devices via the web interface.

I was guessing it's starting before the DVB-T device so I changed the settings to 'wait for frontend initialization' (1 device), but now TVHeadend doesn't start at all on reboot. If I ssh in after a long wait and start it from the command line, it still doesn't show any devices.

I have a AVerTV Volar Green HD A835B (3835) which I thought should work straight out of the box with LibreELEC (it's plugged directly into the C2, no other USB devices).

Running
dmesg | pastebinit
gives me http://sprunge.us/EPjD

Running
lsusb -v | pastebinit
gives me http://sprunge.us/TgSA

Any help would be appreciated. By the way, CEC with my Samsung remotes works flawlessly in Kodi out of the box.

Hmm - http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/D ... vices/Full suggests it should be supported from kernel 3.10 (and the C2 has a newer kernel than that), though there is a note about the right firmware to use. (Though I don't see the error message that the wrong firmware should possibly indicate in your dmesg log)

This sequence here :
[    5.702789] it913x: Chip Version=02 Chip Type=9135
[    5.709548] it913x: Remote propriety (raw) modeit913x: Dual mode=0 Tuner Type=38
[    5.710698] it913x: Unknown tuner ID applying default 0x60<6>[    5.712816] usb 1-1.1: dvb_usb_v2: found a 'Avermedia A835B(3835)' in cold state
[    5.717058] usb 1-1.1: dvb_usb_v2: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-it9135-02.fw'
[    5.717439] it913x: FRM Starting Firmware Download
[    5.799111] 8021q: 802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8
[    5.815116] input: lircd as /devices/virtual/input/input4
[    6.139786] it913x: FRM Firmware Download Completed - Resetting Device
[    6.173736] it913x: Chip Version=02 Chip Type=9135it913x: Firmware Version 52953344
[    6.251936] usb 1-1.1: dvb_usb_v2: found a 'Avermedia A835B(3835)' in warm state
[    6.252151] usb 1-1.1: dvb_usb_v2: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer
[    6.252492] dvb_usb_it913x: probe of 1-1.1:1.0 failed with error -12
[    6.252542] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_it913x

Is the bit where the DVB stick is initialised, firmware downloaded to it then it is reboot/reset to run.

What happens if you look in /dev/dvb (i.e. ls /dev/dvb ?) Do you see an 'adapter0' entry? If so what happens if you look at /dev/dvb/adapter0 - do you see a frontend entry?
noggin

languages_spoken: English, Swedish, French, German
ODROIDs: C1, U2

Unread postby surelynot » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Thanks for taking a look noggin. There's no dvb directory in /dev/ at all
surelynot

Unread postby morpheouss » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:33 pm

Try different firmware
morpheouss

Unread postby Raybuntu » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:40 pm

@wrxtasy: Have you used crashoverrides guide[1] to build media_build dvb modules for your LibreELEC. I've noticed that if I follow his advice and disable all the amlogic media modules so V4l can be modularized I lose ethernet. For me it's not a problem because I WiFi but maybe that's the issue with the missing ethernet!

[1] http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=20302
Raybuntu

Unread postby immortalX » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:57 pm

@wrxtasy, Thank you for the awesome work and the fast releases.

Everything is working great but not my wi-fi usb dongle (Ralink MT7601U), it doesn't even show up. It works fine on the official LibreELEC.

It shows as connected when i type lsusb:
"Bus 002 Device 004: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp."

The driver is there /lib/firmware/mt7601u.bin but it doesn't seem to be loaded.

Any clue on what is happening?
immortalX

Unread postby noggin » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:51 pm

surelynot wrote:Thanks for taking a look noggin. There's no dvb directory in /dev/ at all

As expected - the dvb device isn't being created. I'd try a different firmware. You can see the link to download it in the V4L link I posted above. I think you can copy it to : /storage/.config/firmware/ where it should be loaded on boot.

This may help : https://elektrozwerge.wordpress.com/201 ... -openelec/
noggin

Unread postby surelynot » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:55 pm

Thanks noggin, tried that:

copied linked firmware file to the new directory
dvb-usb-it9135-02.fw
to
/storage/.config/firmware/
it shows up as being there.

Restarted, still no /dev/dvb/ directory being created

lsusb -v | pastebinit
gives me
http://sprunge.us/VBKE

dmesg | pastebinit
gives
http://sprunge.us/LWFZ

Any other firmware I should try? Thanks for your help all!
surelynot

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:15 pm

Raybuntu wrote:@wrxtasy: Have you used crashoverrides guide[1] to build media_build dvb modules for your LibreELEC. I've noticed that if I follow his advice and disable all the amlogic media modules so V4l can be modularized I lose ethernet. For me it's not a problem because I WiFi but maybe that's the issue with the missing ethernet!

[1] http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=20302

Good TIP, as I went back to the Original Kernel Config that had no issues with Ethernet and sure enough:
# CONFIG_V4L_AMLOGIC_VIDEO is not set
# CONFIG_V4L_AMLOGIC_VIDEO2 is not set

The latter Kernel configs have this:
CONFIG_V4L_AMLOGIC_VIDEO=y
# CONFIG_V4L_AMLOGIC_VIDEO2 is not set

Recompile time....
wrxtasy

Unread postby noggin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:04 am

Feedback re: new MPEG2 deinterlacing options for software decode of DVD VOB stuff (Cross posted from Kodi forums)
Just tried the update on a native interlaced 576/50i DVD.

Results for various deinterlace modes :

Software-ffmpeg - almost 50Hz motion but horrible vertical line artefacts and some jerkiness.
Software-blend - smeary motion, but without the vertical artefacts. Still some underlying jerkiness.
Deinterlace half - 25Hz motion with very poor vertical resolution (as though one field is being doubled and repeated and the other discarded)
YADIF - poor vertical resolution, jerkiness, and not convinced I'm seeing clean 50Hz motion - possibly the best solution.
Bob - very odd, very jerky as though fields/frames are being dropped left right and centre.
Bon Inverted - as above.
(This is very odd - if Bob and Bob-Inverted look the same then they aren't doing what they are supposed to) One of them should present fields in reverse (inverted) order. This isn't happening.

YADIF is an improvement - but nothing delivering the quality I'd get from a Raspberry Pi or a Chromebox. (Or the C2 when showing MPEG2 in a non-VOB wrapper...)

DD and DTS both being passed through. DTS has the drop outs. Haven't heard a DD drop out yet.

*EDIT - yep - DD drop outs too *

noggin

Unread postby noggin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:06 am

surelynot wrote:Thanks noggin, tried that:

copied linked firmware file to the new directory
dvb-usb-it9135-02.fw
to
/storage/.config/firmware/
it shows up as being there.

Restarted, still no /dev/dvb/ directory being created

lsusb -v | pastebinit
gives me
http://sprunge.us/VBKE

dmesg | pastebinit
gives
http://sprunge.us/LWFZ

Any other firmware I should try? Thanks for your help all!

Sorry - can't really think of anything else to try. I've had issues with my August DVB-T210 (v1) USB tuners not being supported properly. wrxtasy has added some drivers - but they appear to be the original DVB-T only ones, and don't handle DVB-T2 properly. We are kind of at the mercy of an elderly kernel and Media_Build being a bit finicky to compile I fear.
noggin

Unread postby Pienoet » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:04 am

After the last update my usb-spdif card from hardkernel stopped working.

Someting broke my usb-spdif sound card..

With the first build i had sound now the sound is gone..

What has changed wrxtasy?
Pienoet

languages_spoken: english Dutch

Unread postby fatalsaint » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Ok, think I figured out the artifact movies.

It's any of my movies that have:
"Format profile : High@L5.1"

In my mediainfo. So, something with the High@5.1 x264 profile is causing playback issues?
fatalsaint

ODROIDs: C1, C2, XU4

Unread postby crashoverride » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:54 pm

Raybuntu wrote: I've noticed that if I follow his advice and disable all the amlogic media modules so V4l can be modularized I lose ethernet.

I use that procedure to share my USB tuner over ethernet to different devices via tvheadend. I can confidently say it does not affect ethernet. @wrxtasy has also reported another issue (SD card) that can not be reproduced outside of LibreELEC. There is likely some other factor influencing these anomalies. If there are step-by-step build instructions somewhere, I will investigate further later this week when I have some free time.
crashoverride

ODROIDs: C1

Unread postby wrxtasy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:29 pm

Yes something else is going on...
A Kernel Log when using a SD card.
http://sprunge.us/cROW

What is interesting is this:
mmc driver version: 1.07, 2015-01-21: fix a bug in tuning which caused eMMC data CRC error

Shortly thereafter the SD card turns into a Read Only device:
emmc: error -110 whilst initialising MMC card

Some time after bootup once the SD card becomes Read Only, no Kodi settings will be saved. So upon reboot everything is forgotten.

eMMC Flash does not seem to be affected with my setup.

@crashoverride, my compiles and testing are based off lrusak's LibreELEC, which I feed back into...
https://github.com/lrusak/OpenELEC.tv/t ... -odroid-c2
make PROJECT=Odroid_C2 ARCH=aarch64 image -j8
wrxtasy

Unread postby Raybuntu » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:28 pm

crashoverride wrote:
Raybuntu wrote: I've noticed that if I follow his advice and disable all the amlogic media modules so V4l can be modularized I lose ethernet.

I use that procedure to share my USB tuner over ethernet to different devices via tvheadend. I can confidently say it does not affect ethernet. @wrxtasy has also reported another issue (SD card) that can not be reproduced outside of LibreELEC. There is likely some other factor influencing these anomalies. If there are step-by-step build instructions somewhere, I will investigate further later this week when I have some free time.

You're probably right. I'm not using LibreELEC, I'm using Debian and I've only faced this problem after I followed your Howto. Off course this could be completely unrelated.
Raybuntu

Unread postby noggin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:30 pm

fatalsaint wrote:Ok, think I figured out the artifact movies.

It's any of my movies that have:
"Format profile : High@L5.1"

In my mediainfo. So, something with the High@5.1 x264 profile is causing playback issues?

High@5.1 famously used to cause all sorts of problems back in the day. People who had no idea what they were doing decided to use High@5.1 instead of High@4.1 (when they didn't need the extra resolution, frame rate or bitrate that 5.1 delivers) and also started using crazy numbers of reference frames (again thinking they would improve quality - but in reality they don't).

Many consumer level H264 hardware decoders support(ed) up to High@4.1, which is what Blu-ray and HD-DVD use, which is limited to 1920x1080/30p, 1280x720/60p and just over 60Mbs. (Some add 4.2 compatibility which allows for 1080/60p - which is useful for some self-shot camera footage)

H264 High@5.1 does add 3840x2160/30p and lower frame rate UHD content - so there would be a valid reason to use it for UHD content.

So it's either the S905 not supporting H264 High@5.1 - or the encoder settings being 'out of whack' on the content you are playing. (Not all decoders can cope with all settings. Blu-ray has a limited toolset for example)

Could you post a full MediaInfo or ffmpeg analysis of the files in question (delete the filename if you are unsure of copyright I guess). You might also want to post a few 100MB samples (which would probably be considered 'fair use')
noggin

Unread postby mentin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:46 am

Raybuntu wrote:Would be nice to see some logs from those having issues with CEC.

dmesg|grep -i cec

I only have samsung TV's so I can't test LG. The kernel driver is working with raw tx/rx.
I also built in a check if CEC is supported by the Monitor/TV, maybe this is causing problems.

I don't know about slow responding. Could also be the Kodi GUI hanging a little bit. Remember that cec is not a highspeed protocol.
I haven't seen any delay yet, what I did see is if I start Kodi I have to manually connect my TV with cec. Sometimes I have to rescan for new devices through the anynet+ menu on my samsung. Or to fix it I can turn of my tv and turn it back on then it magically connects itself.

Really mysterious. Sometime it works, sometime not. I have´t change anything :D
This time the TV was off and the C2 starts first after a few minutes I have tun on the TV and he founds CEC.

I have attach a CEC log
Attachments
cec_log.txt
(17.09 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
mentin

Unread postby Pienoet » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:03 am

mentin wrote:
Raybuntu wrote:Would be nice to see some logs from those having issues with CEC.

dmesg|grep -i cec

Really mysterious. Sometime it works, sometime not. I have´t change anything :D
This time the TV was off and the C2 starts first after a few minutes I have tun on the TV and he founds CEC.

I have attach a CEC log

Well that's weird...

The first line of your log tells that your tv doesn't support cec..

[ 565.245231] [amlogic_cec] detect_tv_support_cec(): TV does not support CEC

And so further.. maybe that's why sometime it work and sometimes not ;)
Pienoet

Unread postby Raybuntu » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:47 am

Looks like you're trying to access it before the cec node is even initialized. Probably while your TV is off it can't check if CEC is supported and since it does not have any hdmi it can't initialize cec. Same problem probably existed with the original cec driver I guess. What is your TV brand?
Does it work if you turn on your TV then power on your odroid?

Can you attach the whole dmesg output not just the grep?
Raybuntu

Unread postby archa » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:38 am

Hi 2 all!
I disabled libCEC in Kodi, but device can't falled back to the AML CEC driver and i have no CEC
LibreELEC:~ # cat /flash/boot.ini | grep cec
#   setenv hdmi_cec  "0"                  # Disabled
#   setenv hdmi_cec  "1"                  # Enabled
setenv hdmi_cec "1"
if test "${hdmi_cec}" = "1"; then setenv cec "hdmitx=cecf"; fi
setenv bootargs "${console} ${bootrootfs} ${odroid} ${cec} ${hpd} ${dac} ${openelec}"
LibreELEC:~ #

LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep -i cec
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: console=tty0 boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 no_console_suspend hdmimode=1080p60hz m_bpp=32 vout=hdmi  consoleblank=0 hdmitx=cecf   quiet ssh
[    1.261217] [amlogic_cec] cec_node_init(): CEC NODE INIT
[    1.261972] [amlogic_cec] cec_node_init(): physical address:0x1300
[    2.134732] Amlogic CEC Driver, (c) 2016 Gerald Dachs, Version: 0.0.1
[    2.134737] [amlogic_cec] amlogic_cec_init(): CEC init
[    2.134895] [amlogic_cec] aml_cec_probe(): cec platform init done. irq_idx: 231
[    2.136231] [amlogic_cec] amlogic_cec_init(): CEC init finished: 0
[   19.831678] [amlogic_cec] cec_node_init(): CEC NODE INIT
[   36.151709] [amlogic_cec] cec_node_init(): CEC NODE INIT
LibreELEC:~ #
archa

Unread postby Raybuntu » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:02 am

There is no failback to the old driver.
That boot option does nothing. Driver is suppose to replace the original driver. But I suggested HK to not include it into the kernel defconfig since the libcec patch is not merged upstream and also I wanned to get more testing. Nonetheless I'm using it on a daily basis. I only have only little annoying problem I can't find what the problem is. I have to activate it through the tv on my samsung or sometimes i have to scan for cec devices because somehow the activate source is not working through kodi on my samsung but it works through cec-client. I dont know where the bug is either kernel driver, libcec or kodi.
Raybuntu

Unread postby Pienoet » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:29 am

Raybuntu wrote:There is no failback to the old driver.
That boot option does nothing. Driver is suppose to replace the original driver. But I suggested HK to not include it into the kernel defconfig since the libcec patch is not merged upstream and also I wanned to get more testing. Nonetheless I'm using it on a daily basis. I only have only little annoying problem I can't find what the problem is. I have to activate it through the tv on my samsung or sometimes i have to scan for cec devices because somehow the activate source is not working through kodi on my samsung but it works through cec-client. I dont know where the bug is either kernel driver, libcec or kodi.

I have a simulair problem but only fter every reboot i have to scan on my samsung tv for new cec devices then it works like a charm
Pienoet

Unread postby wrxtasy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Just did some testing:

- even if LibCEC is disabled in Kodi settings, it still continues to operate until reboot. As Raybuntu said there no AML Kernel CEC fallback, so changing boot.ini does nothing.

- users with HDMI CEC LG TV's are going to have issues. This has always been a problem, even on the C1 due to LG's non standard CEC implementation. LG Owners may be banging their heads up against a brick wall trying to get CEC to work. :(

- I'm getting quicker Ethernet startup connections with the following test version after removing all the left over HardKernel junk Ethernet configurations from u-boot, see here:
https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/bl ... dc2.h#L236

- amlogic_cec_debug_flag has been set to 0 as well with this version to stop Spamming of the Kernel.log.

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-6.95.6-Ethernet.img
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-6.95.6-Ethernet.tar

Note: 4K Autoswitching is having issues with this version.
wrxtasy

Unread postby arakmar » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Great work wrxtasy, owersun and raybuntu for all of your work !

@wrxtasy : Do you plan to release your kernel and LibreELEC sources ?
It would be nice to be able to recompile it with our own kernel modules and also to be able to help you.
Thanks !
arakmar

ODROIDs: ODROID C1+ / ODROID C2

Unread postby wrxtasy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Standard v3.14 Linux C2 Kernel is used and the LibreElec sources have already been posted recently in a few previous posts. Using Lrusak's LibreELEC aarch64-odroid-c2 tree which is then experimented on.
Last edited by wrxtasy on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrxtasy

Unread postby archa » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:08 pm

raybuntu
Still have a problem with the libCec and Sony TV. Any ability to fallback to HK kernel cec?
archa

Unread postby Raybuntu » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:50 am

I need a full dmesg log when it's failing. Did you scan for cec devices? And now you can't revert back. You'll have to recompile the kernel or ask wrxtasy to revert that change.

EDIT:
What happens if you don't start kodi and instead run the command:

cec-client

What's the output?
Raybuntu

Unread postby archa » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:49 am

Raybuntu wrote:I need a full dmesg log when it's failing.

http://pastebin.com/BR0PnCye

Raybuntu wrote:What happens if you don't start kodi and instead run the command:
cec-client

What's the output?

This is output when the Kodi is loaded
LibreELEC:~ # cec-client
No device type given. Using 'recording device'
CEC Parser created - libCEC version 3.0.1
no serial port given. trying autodetect:
 path:     /dev/AmlogicCEC
 com port: Amlogic

opening a connection to the CEC adapter...
DEBUG:   [             260]     Broadcast (F): osd name set to 'Broadcast'
ERROR:   [             260]     could not open a connection (try 1)
ERROR:   [            1260]     could not open a connection (try 2)
ERROR:   [            2261]     could not open a connection (try 3)
ERROR:   [            3262]     could not open a connection (try 4)
ERROR:   [            4262]     could not open a connection (try 5)
ERROR:   [            5263]     could not open a connection (try 6)
ERROR:   [            6263]     could not open a connection (try 7)
ERROR:   [            7264]     could not open a connection (try 8)
ERROR:   [            8264]     could not open a connection (try 9)
ERROR:   [            9264]     could not open a connection (try 10)
unable to open the device on port Amlogic
NOTICE:  [           10265]     connection opened

And this is after # systemctl stop kodi
LibreELEC:~ # cec-client
No device type given. Using 'recording device'
CEC Parser created - libCEC version 3.0.1
no serial port given. trying autodetect:
 path:     /dev/AmlogicCEC
 com port: Amlogic

opening a connection to the CEC adapter...
DEBUG:   [             250]     Broadcast (F): osd name set to 'Broadcast'
NOTICE:  [             252]     connection opened
DEBUG:   [             252]     processor thread started
DEBUG:   [             252]     << Broadcast (F) -> TV (0): POLL
TRAFFIC: [             252]     << f0
ERROR:   [            2250]     Write: write failed !
TRAFFIC: [            2250]     << f0
ERROR:   [            4250]     Write: write failed !
DEBUG:   [            4250]     >> POLL not sent
DEBUG:   [            4250]     TV (0): device status changed into 'not present'
NOTICE:  [            4250]     registering new CEC client - v3.0.1
DEBUG:   [            4250]     detecting logical address for type 'recording device'
DEBUG:   [            4251]     trying logical address 'Recorder 1'
DEBUG:   [            4251]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> Recorder 1 (1): POLL
TRAFFIC: [            4251]     << 11
ERROR:   [            6250]     Write: write failed !
TRAFFIC: [            6250]     << 11
ERROR:   [            8250]     Write: write failed !
DEBUG:   [            8250]     >> POLL not sent
DEBUG:   [            8250]     using logical address 'Recorder 1'
DEBUG:   [            8250]     Recorder 1 (1): device status changed into 'handled by libCEC'
DEBUG:   [            8250]     Recorder 1 (1): power status changed from 'unknown' to 'on'
DEBUG:   [            8250]     Recorder 1 (1): vendor = Pulse Eight (001582)
DEBUG:   [            8250]     Recorder 1 (1): CEC version 1.4
DEBUG:   [            8251]     AllocateLogicalAddresses - device '0', type 'recording device', LA '1'
DEBUG:   [            8252]     Recorder 1 (1): osd name set to 'CECTester'
DEBUG:   [            8252]     Recorder 1 (1): menu language set to 'eng'
DEBUG:   [            8252]     AutodetectPhysicalAddress - autodetected physical address '1300'
DEBUG:   [            8252]     Recorder 1 (1): physical address changed from ffff to 1300
DEBUG:   [            8252]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> broadcast (F): physical adddress 1300
TRAFFIC: [            8252]     << 1f:84:13:00:01
ERROR:   [           10250]     Write: write failed !
TRAFFIC: [           10250]     << 1f:84:13:00:01
ERROR:   [           12250]     Write: write failed !
NOTICE:  [           12250]     CEC client registered: libCEC version = 3.0.1, client version = 3.0.1, firmware version = 0, logical address(es) = Recorder 1 (1) , physical address: 1.3.0.0, git revision: 9b59aa4, compiled on Fri Apr  8 15:55:47 UTC 2016 by wrxtasy@OE-Build-Box on Linux 3.19.0-58-generic (x86_64), features: P8_USB, P8_detect, Amlogic
DEBUG:   [           12250]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> TV (0): OSD name 'CECTester'
DEBUG:   [           12250]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> TV (0): POLL
TRAFFIC: [           12250]     << 10
TRAFFIC: [           12629]     >> 01
DEBUG:   [           12629]     << POLL: TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1)
ERROR:   [           14250]     Write: write failed !
TRAFFIC: [           14250]     >> 01
DEBUG:   [           14250]     << POLL: TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1)
TRAFFIC: [           14250]     << 10
ERROR:   [           16250]     Write: write failed !
DEBUG:   [           16250]     >> POLL not sent
DEBUG:   [           16250]     not sending command 'set osd name': destination device 'TV' marked as not present
DEBUG:   [           16250]     << requesting power status of 'TV' (0)
DEBUG:   [           16250]     << Recorder 1 (1) -> TV (0): POLL
TRAFFIC: [           16250]     << 10
ERROR:   [           18250]     Write: write failed !
TRAFFIC: [           18250]     << 10
ERROR:   [           20250]     Write: write failed !
DEBUG:   [           20250]     >> POLL not sent
DEBUG:   [           20250]     not sending command 'give device power status': destination device 'TV' marked as not present
waiting for input
TRAFFIC: [           27629]     >> 01
DEBUG:   [           27629]     << POLL: TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1)
TRAFFIC: [           27665]     >> 01
DEBUG:   [           27665]     << POLL: TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1)
archa

Unread postby wrxtasy » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Original Amlogic CEC Kernel only .tar update: (no LibCEC)
https://mega.nz/#!D8VUDTyI!2nxabUdhkz-j ... w8Dvr1hSFY
wrxtasy

Unread postby Raybuntu » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:56 pm

I think I know what the problem is. The first log you posted it was working right? You hat the odroid connected directly to the TV?
In the current log you have a phys address 1.3.0.0 which looks like you have it connected through a AVR?
Something is off while using AVR obviously, the TX gets busy. does the AVR support cec and is it turned on or supported by libcec? Otherwise there is a bug in the kernel driver somewhere. Thanks for reporting that.
Raybuntu

Unread postby archa » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:04 pm

wrxtasy,
thx! I will try it later.

Raybuntu,
what I have:
- ODROID-C2
- IconBIT XDS1003D (Realtek RTD1186DD)
- AVR Pioneer VSX-528
- TV Sony 55W807

All devices connect like this: ODROID to BD input AVR, IconBIT to DVR input AVR, AVR output to TV ark input. All the devices support CEC. When i connect ODROID with libCEC all devices stop working with CEC, when i disconnect ODROID, IconBIT - AVR - TV works perfect with CEC. While we had the HK kernel cec driver, all devices worked perfect.
archa

PreviousNext

Return to LibreELEC - Kodi Project for C1/C2