LibreELEC 7.0.2 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 - Archived - LE Tips HERE

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid, Raybuntu, wrxtasy

Re: LibreELEC 7.0.0 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1

Unread postby phoenix73 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:21 am

There is right now 3 tarball

* LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0
* LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Final.Alternate.Audio
* LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Final.Revert.U-Boot.patch

Did LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Final.Revert.U-Boot.patch contains Alternate.Audio "patches" ?
phoenix73

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1

Unread postby cert_ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:34 am

thank you LibreELEC team for this image. how can i change the display refresh rate? it is fixed to 24hz in 4k mode, i can't change it. i need 25hz.
cert_

Unread postby wrxtasy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:43 am

@ phoenix, there will be a "Fixer" update on Page #1 shortly that will include all the recent inclusions, pretty much the same as the Revert.U-Boot.

@cert, I get to select in Kodi settings 24/25/30/50/60Hz with my 4K TV.
Sounds like your using an old LibreELEC version or your 4K TV does not support 2160p25hz.

You can check your TV's display capabilities by ssh logging in and:
Code: Select all
cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

Also are you using a HDMI cable with an ARC channel in it ?
In the past on the C1 this has been known to cause issues.
LibreELEC Krypton C1(+) HERE
LibreELEC Krypton C2 HERE
wrxtasy

ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2

Unread postby dblade » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:14 am

wrxtasy wrote:I would ask HardKernel themselves if support is actually in the Kernel for this device.

For the time being i'll test the latest official ubuntu image and go from there.

EDIT: sounds works on the ubuntu64-16.04lts-mate-odroid-c2-20160226.img image no problem

EDIT2: good news, your latest fixit image is working! :) Thanks for putting this together.
dblade

ODROIDs: C1+

Unread postby Dez » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:28 pm

wrxtasy wrote:I tried to cheat a bit with the Repo and its not working by the looks of it !
Here is v4.2 of the TvHeadend Server:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/276 ... .0.102.zip

And v4.09:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/276 ... .0.101.zip

Thanks wrxtasy :)
Dez

ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby alex240188 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:04 pm

wrxtasy wrote:I suspected those HK Audio mods were the cause all along. I bet if I do the same Reverts to the C1 Kernel I will get similar results.
I cannot test here but would be interested to know if any 7.1 Audio Passthrough is working ?

I can test 7.1 later,
Though I'd imagine it will behave the same as my builds for the beelink m18 based off surkovalex's repo where truehd will be fine but no DTS ma
alex240188

ODROIDs: C1+, C2

Unread postby kanyck » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:11 pm

Thank you! The fact I won't have to disassemble squashfs then pull it together again to make adjustments makes me cheerful!
kanyck

languages_spoken: english russian
ODROIDs: ODROID C1+ C2

Unread postby kanyck » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:27 pm

All of a sudden, I wanna thank all the LE team for this outstanding job well done!
I feel that C2 is probably the best Kodi device at the moment in spite of the "experimental" status of the builds and "unofficial" status of the support -- and I've tried out quite a few devices within last couple of months looking for the best solution.
Yeah, I am missing aureal remote driver in the kernel (the new kernel is on the way, I know), but thanks to Raybuntu's clue I may live without it.
VOB SD playback is an obvious drawback, too, but let's admit: none of devices on the market today are ideal and fully polished.
Keep going, guys, and thank you again!
kanyck

Unread postby wrxtasy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:28 pm

For troublesome movie DVD Rips with SD .vob try disabling Deinterlacing in the Video OSD settings first and then set that as default for all Movies. mpeg2 TV will still be Hardware deinterlaced as it going thru the amcodec decoder, so don't worry.
Some of these Movie DVD have no motion between the Frames so deinterlacing can be safely turned off permanently when ffmpeg Software decoding.

alex240188 wrote:
wrxtasy wrote:I suspected those HK Audio mods were the cause all along. I bet if I do the same Reverts to the C1 Kernel I will get similar results.
I cannot test here but would be interested to know if any 7.1 Audio Passthrough is working ?

I can test 7.1 later,
Though I'd imagine it will behave the same as my builds for the beelink m18 based off surkovalex's repo where truehd will be fine but no DTS ma

Yes it looks like TrueHD and no DTS-MA is the default Audio support level on a vanilla S905 AML Kernel. Noggin seemed to believe True HD 7.1 was working over on the Kodi forums.
wrxtasy

Unread postby fzwo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:36 pm

Maybe a stupid Question, But:

Will the C2 also be included in the regular LibreELEC update cycles (when you have finished the current optimizations), or do I have to update it manually in future ??

CU Frank
fzwo

ODROIDs: odroid-x
odroid c2

Unread postby noggin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:59 pm

wrxtasy wrote:For troublesome movie DVD Rips with SD .vob try disabling Deinterlacing in the Video OSD settings first and then set that as default for all Movies. mpeg2 TV will still be Hardware deinterlaced as it going thru the amcodec decoder, so don't worry.
Some of these Movie DVD have no motion between the Frames so deinterlacing can be safely turned off permanently when ffmpeg Software decoding.

It's not motion between frames that is the problem, it's motion within frames. Native interlaced content has motion between the two fields within a single interlaced frame (as the two alternate fields are captured 1/50th or 1/59.94th of a second apart), whilst native 25p progressive content shouldn't (apart from in the case of 3:2 24p carried as 60i) as both fields in the interlaced frame are captured at the same time (and captured 1/25th a second apart for 25p in 50i). This is why 50/59.94i interlaced content has smoother motion than 23.976/25p content - as the former captures motion at twice as many instants as the latter.

I don't know how the current workaround for DVDs work with 480i discs that have 24p (or 23.976p) content which will be carried as 59.94i with 3:2 pull-down. This means some interlaced frames will have fields from two different source frames, and thus WILL have motion between the two fields in a frame. I'm guessing that in this case you will get combing. (There are two ways of handling 3:2 content on DVD - one encodes every field as if it is 60i, the other only encodes 2:2 of the 3:2 fields and effectively encodes a 48i signal with the decoder repeating fields to generate 3:2 60i. For 60i read 59.94i and for 24p read 23.976p)

alex240188 wrote:

I can test 7.1 later,

Yes it looks like TrueHD and no DTS-MA is the default Audio support level on a vanilla S905 AML Kernel. Noggin seemed to believe True HD 7.1 was working over on the Kodi forums.

Yes - True HD was passed, DTS-HD MA and HRA caused the Amp never to properly sync with the source (the HDMI lamp just flashes as if it can't work out what format is being fed to it). This is similar to the S905-base MiniMX running OpenElec.
noggin

languages_spoken: English, Swedish, French, German
ODROIDs: C1, U2

Unread postby hangyaqtya » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi All!

Sorry I speak English bad. :( :D
Old monitor would use odroid. How do I set up 1280 x 1024 at 75 Hz resolution in the Libreelec?
hangyaqtya

languages_spoken: hungary
ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby wrxtasy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi, have a look on a PC at the files in the SD card and look for boot.ini

In that file you want to experiment changing:
setenv video_output "1080p60hz"
to
setenv video_output "720p60hz"
or
setenv video_output "720p50hz"

I'm not sure if you will have any success with 75hz, its not one of the supported refresh rates in the list.
wrxtasy

Unread postby kanyck » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:58 pm

BTW I found the old patch to fix the CEC issue I'm suffering from: https://github.com/chbmuc/xbmc/commit/6e5822d
This thread suggests than some other TV models are subject of this issue, too:
http://openelec.tv/forum/118-consumer-e ... -very-fast
@wrxtasy: maybe you find it reasonable to include this patch into your builds to fix the issue once and forever instead of messing with overriding xml files...
kanyck

Unread postby phoenix73 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Just applied LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0.The.Fixer.
So far, so good !
phoenix73

Unread postby ecab21 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:32 pm

Thanks for your hard work. Except for DTS-HD all audio is now working on the passthrough without dropouts.

I tried install Transmission and Rtorrent, but none of them is working. Any ideas?
ecab21

languages_spoken: english, portuguese
ODROIDs: Odroid C2

Unread postby wrxtasy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:35 pm

I cheated and plugged into the WeTek Play LibreELEC Repo as I ran out of time to build them separately and get the aarch64 Repo sorted.
That will be why they are broken and incompatible... :(
I've just noticed Transmission and rTorrent are missing as well from the Official LibreELEC source code... I will have to go on a bit of a hunt by the looks of it...
wrxtasy

Unread postby kanyck » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:38 pm

Tried out Fixer. Ethernet is fine.
Fiddled with double stroke issue. Did not succeed. Tried to change the file /storage/.kodi/userdata/peripheral_data/cec_0000_0000.xml -- it restores the value after reboot (maybe when stopping kodi). Stop kodi -- edit file -- start kodi seem to keep changes but I noticed no change in behavior despite of different values of double_tap_timeout_ms. Tried 100, 200, 500 and 1000 instead of default 300 with no success.
Then I tried to clone the /usr/share/kodi/system/peripherals.xml file as suggested in @Raybuntu's link http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry- ... e-delay-ms.
/usr/share/kodi/system/peripherals.xml is changeable this way (much easier than squashfs reassembling!) but key behavior did non change either.
Fiddling with movie list I've found that LE goes to reboot if I browse the list long enough. Reverted all my changes but LE keeps crashing after a while. kodi log is clean and it seems impossible to ran tail -f on in-memory dmesg to see if there is an error message there at the moment of crash. At least before the crash it complaints about cec errors: http://sprunge.us/MCeY
Maybe I shall try a clean install to see if the issue is still there...
UPD: went back on LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0.Revert-U-boot.patch.tar -- it reboots, too. But it seem to need more time for a bug to show up. Maybe it just was unnoticed before.
kanyck

Unread postby wrxtasy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:47 pm

From the Kodi WeTek Core thread...
noggin' wrote:The am-mpeg2 hardware decode for interlaced content will (I assume) be deinterlaced via the hardware deinterlacer, but I'm not sure what happens with the ff-mpeg2video decoded content. It doesn't appear to max out any CPU cores - so the dropped frames don't appear to be caused by hitting the CPU limits during deinterlacing. So either the software decode and deinterlace is flawed, or there is some attempt to pipe back software decoded content through the hardware deinterlacer that isn't working? (25p content with no motion between the two fields in the frame plays back OK if you disable deinterlacing, so the core decode appears to be OK, though possibly something timestamp-y is causing issues with the deinterlacer?)

mpeg2 content in .vob containers ie DVD Rips is forced to default to Software ff-mpeg2 decoding with the correct patches as 4 core AML hardware can easily handle SD Software decoding.

I'm not sure what the exact issue was exactly but I patched Kodi and selected the best quality deinterlacer I could find when Software decoding and came up with Yadif aka Deinterlace. This has now been selected as the default software deinterlacer replacing Bob, that was causing the Jerky playback issues on AML with Kodi.

Post processing works as well. Visually this looks like the smoothest and best quality of Interlaced mpeg2 .vob video I have seen on AML Hardware :)

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Yadif.DVD.VC1.tar

Also included is a fix for 23.976fps VC1 video playback !
wrxtasy

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:11 am

kanyck wrote:BTW I found the old patch to fix the CEC issue I'm suffering from: https://github.com/chbmuc/xbmc/commit/6e5822d
This thread suggests than some other TV models are subject of this issue, too:
http://openelec.tv/forum/118-consumer-e ... -very-fast
@wrxtasy: maybe you find it reasonable to include this patch into your builds to fix the issue once and forever instead of messing with overriding xml files...

A test version for you mate with those Panasonic specific changes incorporated:
https://mega.nz/#!z1UlETyb!ug4VJjN4FOmd ... Ch-IIkFd-A
wrxtasy

Unread postby kanyck » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:59 am

@wrxtasy: It's for me, too -- I own Panasonic also (but ST30. My mate owns ST50 that shows different set of issues) ;)
Sorry to say that but the patch doesn't work as expected. It still jumps over some items in the list (however seem to do it less often). But! It clicks twice or even three times on every keystroke however moves cursor only one list item at once (usually:). But in the main menu it doubles every click so I can not go to submenu (Down goes straight to shutdown/reboot) and in order to switch the debug mode on I had to use a keyboard. The log shows double strokes as well: http://sprunge.us/aSce
UPD: Just tried -- this build reboots as well.
kanyck

Unread postby Raybuntu » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:57 am

kanyck wrote:Tried out Fixer. Ethernet is fine.
Fiddled with double stroke issue. Did not succeed. Tried to change the file /storage/.kodi/userdata/peripheral_data/cec_0000_0000.xml -- it restores the value after reboot (maybe when stopping kodi). Stop kodi -- edit file -- start kodi seem to keep changes but I noticed no change in behavior despite of different values of double_tap_timeout_ms. Tried 100, 200, 500 and 1000 instead of default 300 with no success.
Then I tried to clone the /usr/share/kodi/system/peripherals.xml file as suggested in @Raybuntu's link http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry- ... e-delay-ms.
/usr/share/kodi/system/peripherals.xml is changeable this way (much easier than squashfs reassembling!) but key behavior did non change either.
Fiddling with movie list I've found that LE goes to reboot if I browse the list long enough. Reverted all my changes but LE keeps crashing after a while. kodi log is clean and it seems impossible to ran tail -f on in-memory dmesg to see if there is an error message there at the moment of crash. At least before the crash it complaints about cec errors: http://sprunge.us/MCeY
Maybe I shall try a clean install to see if the issue is still there...
UPD: went back on LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0.Revert-U-boot.patch.tar -- it reboots, too. But it seem to need more time for a bug to show up. Maybe it just was unnoticed before.

That cec errors are normal. Libcec tries to poll other devices.
BTC: 13M7sUBpS9uVpo4mzukV9CH8HGg7vDUC7Y
Raybuntu

languages_spoken: english, german

Unread postby runnerway » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:36 am

wrxtasy wrote:From the Kodi WeTek Core thread...
noggin' wrote:The am-mpeg2 hardware decode for interlaced content will (I assume) be deinterlaced via the hardware deinterlacer, but I'm not sure what happens with the ff-mpeg2video decoded content. It doesn't appear to max out any CPU cores - so the dropped frames don't appear to be caused by hitting the CPU limits during deinterlacing. So either the software decode and deinterlace is flawed, or there is some attempt to pipe back software decoded content through the hardware deinterlacer that isn't working? (25p content with no motion between the two fields in the frame plays back OK if you disable deinterlacing, so the core decode appears to be OK, though possibly something timestamp-y is causing issues with the deinterlacer?)

mpeg2 content in .vob containers ie DVD Rips is forced to default to Software ff-mpeg2 decoding with the correct patches as 4 core AML hardware can easily handle SD Software decoding.

I'm not sure what the exact issue was exactly but I patched Kodi and selected the best quality deinterlacer I could find when Software decoding and came up with Yadif aka Deinterlace. This has now been selected as the default software deinterlacer replacing Bob, that was causing the Jerky playback issues on AML with Kodi.

Post processing works as well. Visually this looks like the smoothest and best quality of Interlaced mpeg2 .vob video I have seen on AML Hardware :)

Hi wrxtasy :) I was busy all these months but now i've a bit more of free time.
Good to see the progress made on C2. It's a very good device.

I've an LG TV.
Today i've tried "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0.The.Fixer". With this IMG cec works well. (Only some problems after a reboot of C2..and other similar things)
Then i've update to "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0.Yadif.DVD.and.VC1.Fix" and now i get double press every time with CEC. What did you changed? :lol:
Going back to "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0.The.Fixer" fix the problem.

PS: i've a VC1 that still has problems after "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0.Yadif.DVD.and.VC1.Fix". I will upload a sample soon.
runnerway

languages_spoken: italian, english
ODROIDs: C1, C2

Unread postby noggin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:58 am

wrxtasy wrote:From the Kodi WeTek Core thread...

Whilst the judder has gone, there is no full frame rate deinterlacing, so it's still a no-go for native interlaced content. Whatever deinterlacing algorithm I chose I get 50i deinterlaced to 25p not 50p. So native interlaced content has an artificial 'film effect' applied to it as the motion rendition is half what it should be. Still a no-go for watching interlaced content. Sure - it's now deinterlaced - but not very well.

Something is slightly wrong somewhere. Bob should be a 50i to 50p low-resolution deinterlace, Yadif 2x should be a higher quality 50i to 50p deinterlace with improved vertical resolution.

If you post a link to your github repo wrxtasy, I could have a look? I've played with ffmpeg deinterlacing in Kodi in the past (In the past I added a test W3fdif option to a custom build to see if Weston 3 Field - which was developed by the BBC and now is no longer under patent - was better than other techniques)
noggin

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:33 pm

I've finally fixed this long standing Interlaced DVD ISO playback bug, with help from Noggin's eagle eyed deinterlacing testing knowledge !

Hot out of the iMac Virtual Box compiler, a fixed version for all those long suffering DVD owners that want video playback on an AML platform.
This is using YADIF 2x (Yadif in the selector) Software deinterlacing. The same as the high quality deinterlacer on the RPi's. :)

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0.Yadif.DVD.v2.tar

Leave all the OSD Video settings in Auto. You really don't have to do a thing.

Also included is Proper Frame Rate Automation (Policy 1) re-enabled thanks to a Kernel patch from Kerber(Alex) :)
wrxtasy

Unread postby IanPH » Sun May 01, 2016 8:55 am

@wrxtasy:

Wow I really love how the teamwork here gets things done. I will test it on my C2 as soon as I get the change to.

In the meantime I would like to ask you if you would please consider updating the C1 image with these same bugfixes. Maybe even a LibreELEC version for C1 as well?!

Best regards,
Ian
ODroid C2 in the livingroom - LibreELEC 8.0.2 (LibreELEC official)
ODroid C1 in the bedroom - LibreELEC 8.0.0 (WRXTASY build)
IanPH

languages_spoken: english, dutch
ODROIDs: ODroid C1 , C2

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sun May 01, 2016 3:21 pm

runnerway wrote:I've an LG TV.
Today i've tried "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0.The.Fixer". With this IMG cec works well. (Only some problems after a reboot of C2..and other similar things)
Then i've update to "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0.Yadif.DVD.and.VC1.Fix" and now i get double press every time with CEC. What did you changed? :lol:

GDay runnerway, welcome back into the fray. Yes we have made very good progress in just over a month. I'm more familiar with Kodi and the AML Kernel now as well. Fixing the mpeg2 DVD playback issue has added a whole bunch of flexibility now for the next version.

CEC -> You are being used as a guinea pig for gda and Raybuntu's HDMI CEC experiments ! :o
I will revert the Kernel "Fix for stuck messages" patch for the next version as I'm seeing double button press issues when using CEC as well.

The S905 C2 platform as a Kodi mediaplayer is turning out to be a nice wee little powerful beastie ;)

@IanPH, Yes with the knowledge learnt here on the C2 I can whip the C1 into better shape as well. I'm transferring everything over to LibreELEC for the next C1 release.
wrxtasy

Unread postby mattrix » Sun May 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Am I right in thinking DTS-HD pass through isn't working yet?
When I enable that, I get no audio on a DTS video, but works fine with it disabled.

I also notice an AAC 5.1 file doesn't output to my rear 7.1 speakers like it does on the Pi?
Is this because KODI usually transcodes this to PCM and only 2ch PCM currently supported?
Is this also why you can't select how many speakers you have like on the Pi?

I tried an AAC 7.1 and same thing.

Then I enabled AC3 transcoding and that seems to have fixed it :)
Even though it's AAC and not AC3??
mattrix

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sun May 01, 2016 5:54 pm

Yes you are correct no DTS-HD, you will just get the Core, when DTS-HD is disabled.
AAC 5.1 is transcoded to AC3 if you have that Transcode option selected, not sure what happens with a 7.1 setup when this occurs.

Yes Digital Audio only currently, which is why the Number of Audio Speakers selector does not show up.
A bunch of info in this Kodi Post HERE
The number of Audio Speakers does show up when I remove patches for Digital Audio and the top selector reverts to Analog, but we don't want that anyway...

Very early days for S905 Audio development, Its likely AML still may need to add to add some mods to the Kernel for DTS-HD MA/HRA.

Do AVR's even accept AAC audio when passed through ?
wrxtasy

Unread postby Sabrina13 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:11 pm

First of all thank you for your work, you must spend a lot of time for this to happen and make us happy

I just ordered the ODROID C2 because I have a new 4K-compatible TV.
I have a small question, can you tell me, is that I can have the sound on the 3.5 jack and HDMI output at the same time as the Raspberry Pi?

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/96940 ... 222135.jpg

Thanks
Sabrina13

ODROIDs: ODROID XU4

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sun May 01, 2016 6:18 pm

Cheers :)

Believe it or not I don't actually have an AVR, but just send DD/DTS to my TV and let it sort it out.
Audio is then sent via a Headphone Jack to a cheap 2.1 setup with the volume controlled via the TV remote.
Works well for me.

I've had to take out all the HardKernel S/PDIF and Analog USB adapter mods from the Kernel to get Digital Audio to work semi properly.
Someone on here may have a usb adapter --> 3.5 jack - Analog Audio dongle working though. No idea if Audio can be output simultaneously...
wrxtasy

Unread postby kanyck » Sun May 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Tried out Yadif v2.
SD playback has dramatically improved. So far no reboots. Thanks! Awesome!
kanyck

Unread postby ecab21 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:06 pm

wrxtasy wrote:Cheers :)

Believe it or not I don't actually have an AVR, but just send DD/DTS to my TV and let it sort it out.
Audio is then sent via a Headphone Jack to a cheap 2.1 setup with the volume controlled via the TV remote.
Works well for me.

I've had to take out all the HardKernel S/PDIF and Analog USB adapter mods from the Kernel to get Digital Audio to work semi properly.
Someone on here may have a usb adapter --> 3.5 jack - Analog Audio dongle working though. No idea if Audio can be output simultaneously...

Thanks for your hardk work.
Just a question. Anyone now how to make Transmission work?
I installed the version available on the Kodi repository, but there is no web interface to connect.
ecab21

languages_spoken: english, portuguese
ODROIDs: Odroid C2

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sun May 01, 2016 9:34 pm

Repository withdrawn for the latest version because its for the AML 32bit WeTek players and looks like those compiles are incompatible with the 64bit S905.

Transmission and progs like rTorrent have not even hit the LibreELEC master code yet but will likely come.

New Version up on Page number #1 with further features added :)
wrxtasy

Unread postby runnerway » Sun May 01, 2016 10:35 pm

wrxtasy wrote:Repository withdrawn for the latest version because its for the AML 32bit WeTek players and looks like those compiles are incompatible with the 64bit S905.

Transmission and progs like rTorrent have not even hit the LibreELEC master code yet but will likely come.

New version seems good :) I will continue testing it in next days.

This is the VC1 that has problems:
- https://mega.nz/#!GFZzRaiS!b_mRL4PTelzTqV_sqg1xyTJr9pNcr0UmOAxgUmpJg6w
Even in the lastest version of LibreELEC it seems to have problems with deinterlacing
runnerway

languages_spoken: italian, english
ODROIDs: C1, C2

Unread postby wrxtasy » Sun May 01, 2016 11:26 pm

Cheers.

Yes VC1 is still a WIP, this is the current v3.14 Kernel Patch I did:
diff --git a/drivers/amlogic/deinterlace/deinterlace.c b/drivers/amlogic/deinterlace/deinterlace.c
index 1e127ce..b5fc61e 100644
--- a/drivers/amlogic/deinterlace/deinterlace.c
+++ b/drivers/amlogic/deinterlace/deinterlace.c
@@ -157,9 +157,9 @@ static const char version_s[] = "2015-8-03a";
 static unsigned char boot_init_flag;
 static int receiver_is_amvideo = 1;

-static unsigned char new_keep_last_frame_enable;
+static unsigned char new_keep_last_frame_enable = 0;
 static int bypass_state = 1;

For 29.97fps VC1, I still have not found the correct spot. Someone with AML Kernel experience should take a look. ;)
wrxtasy

Unread postby noggin » Mon May 02, 2016 12:10 am

mattrix wrote:Am I right in thinking DTS-HD pass through isn't working yet?
When I enable that, I get no audio on a DTS video, but works fine with it disabled.

Yes - no DTS HD bit streaming. When you disable DTS-HD but leave DTS enabled, the DTS Core (DTS-HD on Blu-ray is implemented as a core DTS stream and then an additional stream that encodes the difference between the core DTS and the lossless original) This was originally to allow Blu-ray viewers to enjoy DTS 5.1 audio without requiring two tracks to be mastered to the disc.

I also notice an AAC 5.1 file doesn't output to my rear 7.1 speakers like it does on the Pi?
Is this because KODI usually transcodes this to PCM and only 2ch PCM currently supported?

The Pi 1/2/3 all have PCM 5.1 and 7.1 output functionality - allowing formats that can't be bit streamed, like FLAC, AAC etc. to be decoded to PCM (it's a decode really rather than a transcode, as PCM is the basic source content usually)

Is this also why you can't select how many speakers you have like on the Pi?

Yes - the C2 currently only supports PCM 2.0 output - so no point in being able to select more speakers than this (I guess if you have an external USB 5.1 analogue sound card that would be a reason?)
I tried an AAC 7.1 and same thing.

For the same reason.
Then I enabled AC3 transcoding and that seems to have fixed it :)
Even though it's AAC and not AC3??

Yes - because that's what AC3 transcoding is designed for! (It says so in the small print on the option!)

It's designed to allow people who don't have PCM 5.1/7.1 set-ups to still get 5.1 audio from non-DD/DTS sources that can't be bitstreamed. Kodi will decode the non-bitstreamable audio to PCM usually and output this as 5.1/7.1 PCM. However if this isn't possible it can take the 5.1 PCM and re-encode it to Dolby 5.1 AC3. (Effectively transcoding from a format that can't be bitstreamed to one that can be) This functionality is popular with people who have older amps which only accept SPDIF-quality audio (via Toslink or Coax) or Kodi platforms that don't support PCM multichannel over HDMI.
noggin

Unread postby noggin » Mon May 02, 2016 2:09 am

runnerway wrote:
wrxtasy wrote:Repository withdrawn for the latest version because its for the AML 32bit WeTek players and looks like those compiles are incompatible with the 64bit S905.

New version seems good :) I will continue testing it in next days.

This is the VC1 that has problems:
- https://mega.nz/#!GFZzRaiS!b_mRL4PTelzTqV_sqg1xyTJr9pNcr0UmOAxgUmpJg6w
Even in the lastest version of LibreELEC it seems to have problems with deinterlacing

Yep - VC-1 interlaced seems to be an issue on many platforms (x86 Linux boxes with Intel GPUs have to revert to software decode and deinterlace due to an Intel driver bug - though are fine in Windows).

The Pi 3 plays that clip fine using MMAL acceleration.
noggin

Unread postby Raybuntu » Mon May 02, 2016 3:25 am

wrxtasy wrote:CEC -> You are being used as a guinea pig for gda and Raybuntu's HDMI CEC experiments ! :o
I will revert the Kernel "Fix for stuck messages" patch for the next version as I'm seeing double button press issues when using CEC as well.

I guess the problem is that the new amlogic cec driver is experimental so far. I've merged it with HK and made clear that it's not ready for average users. Can you revert it to use the standard cec keyboard driver wrxtasy? Expert users can build an own kernel so we can get some testing. I do not want to use common users as a guinea pigs!
Raybuntu

Unread postby gdachs » Mon May 02, 2016 4:02 am

wrxtasy wrote:CEC -> You are being used as a guinea pig for gda and Raybuntu's HDMI CEC experiments ! :o

It is unbelievable what you are writing here. We explained you very detailed in slack why this patch is not the problem, but you blame us in the public.
The patch is rather short but you made no try to understand what it is doing. You would notice that it fixes a bug.
The double key presses are a Kodi problem.

This is not acceptable for me, if you continue to treat me like this I want to ask you to remove this driver completely.

Gerald
gdachs

ODROIDs: Odroid-C1 hopefully soon

Unread postby wrxtasy » Mon May 02, 2016 4:36 am

I was in no way trying to upset you Gerald, I'm sure users accept that you and Raybuntu are doing all you can to get HDMI CEC up and running on AML platforms.
If it has a few minor issues for some users, likely Kodi related, then I'm sure people can accept that as a trade off for having Volume Control over their AVR's.

Yes I made a joke, and it has gone the wrong way and upset you guys, so I'm big enough to apologise in Public.
We are all guinea pigs here when it comes to Open Source Kodi on a brand new AML platform. :o

So to all users, I will re-enable the AmlogicCEC debug option and if anyone is having issues then submit a log to help the guys out.
I'm sure Raybuntu and Gerald will give anyone that wants to help instructions on how to go about getting that log.

Otherwise I will produce two versions. One for those that care about AVR CEC control and another with the vanilla AMLogic CEC implementation.

I suggest Ray and Gerald open up a thread (if not done so already) to troubleshoot and take those logs.
wrxtasy

Unread postby noggin » Mon May 02, 2016 5:05 am

Yes - and there are probably quite a few people like me who have no need for CEC Remote control from the TV to Kodi, but DO use CEC from Kodi to remotely control their AVR volume, switch on their TV and Amp etc. That's the only thing I use CEC for in my install. (My TV's remote doesn't have the functionality I need for Kodi remote duties)

To everyone who has worked on getting the Pulse8 library - or whatever is allowing more flexible CEC than the previous HK version - please accept my thanks.
noggin

Unread postby Raybuntu » Mon May 02, 2016 5:25 am

Thanks wrxtasy for clearing the air.
Raybuntu

Unread postby Pienoet » Mon May 02, 2016 5:27 am

I use cec every day on my rpi.
I liked the new cec on the C2 cause i have a custom remote.xml on my rpi3 in my keymaps folder and i can use the same remote.xml on my C2 and i'm very happy with that.

So with that i have exactly the same functions on my remote for rpi3 on my C2.

The only thing with cec is that when i reboot my C2 the cec connection is lost so i have to scan manually on my samsung tv for new cec devices.

But i can live with that so for me i am very happy with the new cec implementation!
Pienoet

languages_spoken: english Dutch

Unread postby Raybuntu » Mon May 02, 2016 5:37 am

@Pienoet there is a n brand new cec driver coming soon. We're not ready to go public but it'll eliminate this issue.
Raybuntu

Unread postby Pienoet » Mon May 02, 2016 6:37 am

Raybuntu wrote:@Pienoet there is a n brand new cec driver coming soon. We're not ready to go public but it'll eliminate this issue.

Great to hear raybuntu!
In this new cec driver comes with new functions or is it more stability?
Pienoet

languages_spoken: english Dutch

Unread postby cert_ » Mon May 02, 2016 7:08 am

wrxtasy wrote:...

@cert, I get to select in Kodi settings 24/25/30/50/60Hz with my 4K TV.
Sounds like your using an old LibreELEC version or your 4K TV does not support 2160p25hz.

I can choose 2160p50hz and 2160p60hz in OdroidUtility + Android for C2, so it can't be a cable problem. In 2160p24hz mode HDTV playback (720p/ 1080i) audio is out of sync and playback sometimes hangs. Autoswitch 1080 <> 2160p would be great because the upscaling quality from 720p/1080i to 2160p looks not good. my tv does better upscaling.
cert_

Unread postby mattrix » Mon May 02, 2016 12:18 pm

Thanks @wrxtasy and @noggin for the great responses :)
I'm used to getting "no", "just wait" etc on other forums so this was really good to actually be taught something :)

For now I'll use the transcode option and disable DTS-HD.
This covers most my movies (6 channel AAC, 5.1 DTS etc)

As far as I know, no receiver can accept AAC?
So, pretty sure it's never passed through KODI and always output as PCM (if available) or transcoded to AC3 in the C2 case for now :)
mattrix

Unread postby Raybuntu » Mon May 02, 2016 4:13 pm

Pienoet wrote:Great to hear raybuntu!
In this new cec driver comes with new functions or is it more stability?

There will be some new cool features but we also want to make it more stable. I only have samsung TV's which seems like a bad choice for a cec developer I've been told. Because they just work with everything :D.
I've never encountered the TX_Busy bug or even double keystrokes. It's very hard to debug a problem you can't reproduce. That's why I need you all to always include a log if something is not working.
Raybuntu

Unread postby gdachs » Mon May 02, 2016 8:10 pm

Raybuntu wrote:we also want to make it more stable.

With this I agree only partly ;). The driver is an extended version of a driver made by somebody else. Currently I can't see how this base driver is managing that read events don't get lost if the libcec is not reading them fast enough.
But tests will show whether this is really a problem.
Raybuntu wrote:I only have samsung TV's which seems like a bad choice for a cec developer I've been told. Because they just work with everything :D.

I have the same problem. I wonder why so many developers choose this brand?

Gerald
gdachs

ODROIDs: Odroid-C1 hopefully soon

PreviousNext

Return to LibreELEC - Kodi Project for C1/C2