CoreELEC and Squeezelite

jma2
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Been thanked: 0

CoreELEC and Squeezelite

Post by jma2 »

Hi all,

I am using the latest version of CoreELEC on an Odroid C2, and tried yesterday to use Squeezelite as a music player.
I installed the multimedia-tools package that comprises Squeezelite. Then after logging on to my CoreELEC Odroid C2 via SSH I managed to start Squeezelite and control the player via my Logitech Media Server. So far so good.

Now I would like to avoid having to logon via SSH after boot-up every time and somehow control starting Squeezelite via either a boot-script or via an option in the UI.
Does anyone has experience with this and could provide me any guidance?

I used Google and found some solutions on the Raspberri Pi for LibreELEC on which Xsqueeze was used. That solution is I think not possible on CoreELEC running on Odroid C2. At least I could not find any references.

Thanks in advance for any help and in the mean-time, the manual solution, although a bit cumbersome, also works.

Kind regards,

Jan

rooted

Re: CoreELEC and Squeezelite

Post by rooted »

You can start a service or whatever by using the file

Code: Select all

~/.config/autostart.sh
Anything you add to it will be executed at boot, like I use it to disable the blue heartbeat LED. This is what my autostart looks like.

Code: Select all

(
 echo none | tee /sys/class/leds/blueImagebeat/trigger
)

#nohup script.sh &
But also there is system.d and sysctl.d contained within the ~/.config directory as well.
These users thanked the author rooted for the post:
jma2 (Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:37 am)

jma2
ODROIDs: C2

Post by jma2 »

Thank you for the help! Way more straightforward than I thought it would be...

And thanks for the extra about the blue beat, that will also go in at the same time!

Kind regards,

Jan

rooted

Post by rooted »

You're welcome.

Hyacin
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hyacin »

jma2 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:41 am
I am using the latest version of CoreELEC on an Odroid C2, and tried yesterday to use Squeezelite as a music player.
I installed the multimedia-tools package that comprises Squeezelite. Then after logging on to my CoreELEC Odroid C2 via SSH I managed to start Squeezelite and control the player via my Logitech Media Server. So far so good.
Hello there!

Stumbled upon your post trying to find instructions on how to do just this first part, and I've had no luck! I'm wondering if you could kindly enlighten me? Or point me in the direction of some instructions? I'm hoping not to have to cross-compile it. Is this "multimedia-tools" package you describe in Entware by chance? I have seen Entware instructions for CoreELEC. I don't want to clutter up the box trying this, that and the other thing though. I tried to copy the squeezelite binary over from my RPi3 but it wouldn't run.

TIA.

Edit: Never mind! That was a LOT easier than I thought (download binary, CLI options to point to DAC, done - then the instructions above to enable auto start)!

Return to “CoreELEC/LibreELEC - Kodi Project for C1/C2”