jamithy
languages_spoken: english, German
ODROIDs: Odroid N2, Odroid weather station, Odroid Show2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

output weatherboard data to file?

Unread post by jamithy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:35 am

Hi,

I have an odroid N2, and I've successfully got the weatherboard working via the arduino IDE and outputs everything to the TFT screen.

Currently it outputs to the odroid TFT screen, and I was wondering if anyone has updated the code to also output to a file, so that I can try to ingest the data into a database? It doesn't need to necessarily go from the arduino code, i'm also curious if anyone has updated the python weather station code to output to a standard file?

Many thanks,

J.

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: output weatherboard data to file?

Unread post by odroid » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:57 am

Can you see the weather board data on the Arduino serial Monitor together while the SHOW2 TFT display works?
You have to set the baud rate to 115200bps.

jamithy
languages_spoken: english, German
ODROIDs: Odroid N2, Odroid weather station, Odroid Show2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jamithy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:13 pm

hi,

Thanks for your mail! Yes it displays on the show2 TFT correctly :) I would like to be able to output the data also to a file so i can send it to a database for tracking! So this morning I updated the python-weather application to hopefully do just that - it seems to be a lot easier than I initially thought!. However, whenever I try to run the python code it like this:

Code: Select all

sudo python weather_board_jt.py i2c-3
then I receive this message:

Code: Select all

OSError: [Errno 16] Device or resource busy
is this because it's already running the code that I flashed to the chip using the arduino ide do you think, please?

Sorry slight change in focus with this second post as I've figured out hopefully(!) how to output the data to a local file - hopefully not confusing anyone by doing this!

Many thanks in advance,
James

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread post by odroid » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:40 am

The python example code should work only when you connect the weather board to the N2 board directly.
If you want to keep using the SHOW2 board together, you have to use the USB interface from the SHOW2.
As I told you open the serial monitor program to check the output data from the USB interface.

Return to “Weather Board”